Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Keane 17:56 - Feb 16 with 1446 viewsRANGERS4EVER

One of the two positives today along with Traore.
Thought he looked quite a tidy player, certainly more effective than AJ, could build a partnership with Doyle. I like him.
Apart from that i thought we were awful

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Will Keane on 18:00 - Feb 16 with 1422 viewsRanger78

Unless he was injured, it would be impossible to explain why he was subbed for Zamora
Will Keane on 18:02 - Feb 16 with 1417 viewsQPRDave

I liked the look of Keane ...very mobile
Will Keane on 06:43 - Feb 17 with 1262 viewsRangersAreBack

Is he really the answer?
Will Keane on 06:53 - Feb 17 with 1248 viewsE17hoop

Will Keane on 06:43 - Feb 17 by RangersAreBack

Is he really the answer?

If the question is:
Name one player on a list of 100 strikers better than Bobby Zamora.
then the answer is yes.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Will Keane on 08:18 - Feb 17 with 1154 viewsbosh67

I thought he had a great touch and looked good in the air. Kid needs a chance. One of the positives. Couldn't understand him coming off.

Traore looks so much better on the wing.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Will Keane on 08:20 - Feb 17 with 1148 viewsRangersAreBack

Will Keane on 06:53 - Feb 17 by E17hoop

If the question is:
Name one player on a list of 100 strikers better than Bobby Zamora.
then the answer is yes.

Nothing against Will but Hitchcock was not given a chance and he's ours.
Will Keane on 09:10 - Feb 17 with 1074 viewsbaz_qpr

Hitchcock is a different type of player.

I liked the look of him, a good touch however far too easily bullied by the Reading centre halves and was struggling 2nd half
Will Keane on 09:16 - Feb 17 with 1053 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Will Keane on 08:18 - Feb 17 by bosh67

I thought he had a great touch and looked good in the air. Kid needs a chance. One of the positives. Couldn't understand him coming off.

Traore looks so much better on the wing.

Agreed on both counts.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Will Keane on 09:38 - Feb 17 with 1015 viewsRangersAreBack

Will Keane on 09:10 - Feb 17 by baz_qpr

Hitchcock is a different type of player.

I liked the look of him, a good touch however far too easily bullied by the Reading centre halves and was struggling 2nd half

Yes, he's ours and scored within moments of coming on against Ipswich.
Will Keane on 10:40 - Feb 17 with 966 viewsHAYESBOY

He started off well but faded in the first half and did not offer much in the second.

I would question the loan. Sometimes you have to work with what you have and like it of not Zamora is signed to us.
We cant keep loaning players in because we do not like a player this month or the next month.

We now have :
Johnson
Zamora
Maiga
Doyle
Keane

Do we need all of them?

I would have kept Hitchcock here as part of the squad.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Will Keane on 10:41 - Feb 17 with 965 viewsdaveB

I thought he was pretty lightweight and carried no threat at all, Zamora offered more when he came on
Will Keane on 10:46 - Feb 17 with 955 viewsheadhoops

Will Keane on 10:41 - Feb 17 by daveB

I thought he was pretty lightweight and carried no threat at all, Zamora offered more when he came on

sorry Dave

its specsavers for you - I recall Keane won at least one header - that's one more than Zamora. Keane is going to get better, sadly and I don't blame him for this, Bobby Z is only going to go in the opposite direction.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Will Keane on 10:50 - Feb 17 with 941 viewsJamie

Will Keane on 10:41 - Feb 17 by daveB

Agreed. Apart from his effort that Doyle knocked in, and his header to skimmed the bar he offered no threat at all.
Will Keane on 10:55 - Feb 17 with 929 viewsspencer

Will Keane on 10:50 - Feb 17 by Jamie

Agreed. Apart from his effort that Doyle knocked in, and his header to skimmed the bar he offered no threat at all.

It's so strange how we all see things in a different light.

I agree, I thought Keane looked very mobile, flicks here and there...had a shot/header....I assume not costing a lot.

Zamora came on, fell over looked like a donkey and looked as threatening as my socks. Probably on a lot more than Keane,

Keane is not the answer, but given time alongside Doyle, who knows.
Think he took a knock( Keane)

One for the stats, has Zamora scored a league goal and the we have gone on to win that game ?

It's all about service....when Zamora came on,,more long high balls, which were gobbled up by Kaspers and co.
Will Keane on 11:09 - Feb 17 with 900 viewsdaveB

Will Keane on 10:50 - Feb 17 by Jamie

I must have missed something then but he rarely looked involved to me, should have scored that one Doyle finished and just looked like a little boy playing a mans game. Don't get me wrong Zamora is also useless and offered next to nothing but I didn't think Keane did much either
Will Keane on 11:46 - Feb 17 with 841 viewsspencer

Will Keane on 11:09 - Feb 17 by daveB

I must have missed something then but he rarely looked involved to me, should have scored that one Doyle finished and just looked like a little boy playing a mans game. Don't get me wrong Zamora is also useless and offered next to nothing but I didn't think Keane did much either

What you missed Dave...is he ran about...something Zamora is / was unable to do on Sunday.

His first outing, you could forgive him for missing that early chance, but he got into the position to look dangerous.

Little boy playing a mans game.Indeed, we have far to many men, already doing that...with no affect.
Will Keane on 11:49 - Feb 17 with 827 viewsdaveB

Will Keane on 11:46 - Feb 17 by spencer

What you missed Dave...is he ran about...something Zamora is / was unable to do on Sunday.

His first outing, you could forgive him for missing that early chance, but he got into the position to look dangerous.

Little boy playing a mans game.Indeed, we have far to many men, already doing that...with no affect.

I saw him run about I just didn't think he looked a threat to the Reading goal, given time he could develop into a decent player but I'm not sure why we're signing players like that on loan
Will Keane on 11:56 - Feb 17 with 815 viewsspencer

Will Keane on 11:49 - Feb 17 by daveB

I saw him run about I just didn't think he looked a threat to the Reading goal, given time he could develop into a decent player but I'm not sure why we're signing players like that on loan

Possibly no better than young Tom, Petrasso etc....but they were shipped out.

No, you are right, he didn't look a massive threat, but since Charlie's injury, no one has.

Looks like he has the ability but maybe not what we need at this precise moment in time.
Will Keane on 12:01 - Feb 17 with 799 viewsRs_Holy

I would prefer Keane to Zamora at the mo... He linked the the play well and did some intelligent running off the ball....In fairness to Bobby he did win a header yesterday (I think he may even have jumped for it).
Will Keane on 13:17 - Feb 17 with 700 viewsJamie

Were signing players like him because Arry would rather do a cheeky deal than use one of our own strikers. Same as signing a total donkey in Maiga whilst sending our own player who oozes the 'flair' Arry so desires and gave Liverpool the run around a few weeks ago off to Coventry.
Will Keane on 13:18 - Feb 17 with 693 viewsQPunkR

I gotta agree with Dave, I though Keane looked malnurished and not in the game at all. Not having a go at him, it's his 1st game etc, plus we'd all rather him than the useless Zamora on the pitch.
I can only think Redknapp was taking the pi$$ out of us in the stadium by bringing that sack of shit on for the whole last half hour

QPR - "shit but local"

Will Keane on 13:21 - Feb 17 with 682 viewsNeil_SI

I liked what I saw and hope to see more of him in the future.

He was bright and mobile, played well with his back to goal and demonstrated some nice touches that showed he had a football brain on him.

His lay offs were direct, encouraging the receiver to move on the front foot, which, if done in the right areas at the right time can help the pace and style of attacks.

As ever, it's whether we can find players like him and Kevin Doyle in the hole. We have struggled to do that because the quality of the passing and service hasn't been correct, and we don't look like we've done a great deal of work on the training ground to get the ball into these areas well enough.
Will Keane on 13:43 - Feb 17 with 640 viewsonlyrinmoray

Give him half a dozen games before judging him Zamora has had plenty of chances but has never taken them so why we are still using him Ive no idea
I suppose Maiga deserves a chance as well but Ive a feeling he is as bad as the W Ham fans said he was
If only AJ could stay fit for more than 2 games He is /was a class player
Doyle 2 goals in 3 games a fit version of AJ . A definite starter
What about the Brazilian guy is he another Chevanton ie Harry doesnt want him
Traores performance yesterday the only plus for me. Krancjar what a disappointment
Will Keane on 19:10 - Feb 17 with 514 viewsderbyhoop

Decent movement and some nice touches but looked v short on end product. If he was a proper striker it would have been his name on the scoresheet, rather than Doyle's. It's too early to judge but can anybody see Keane as a 1 in 3 or even 1 in 7 striker?

It was worrying that he was stretching his calves 5 minutes before half time as he came back to defend a corner. That's why he didn't last and was replaced by Zamora. Zamora wasn't very effective but he did win a few headers and get his body between ball and defender so that he could have a chance of bringing others into the game.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024