Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This IS depressing 11:34 - Mar 5 with 2195 viewsPinnerPaul

Stuart Holden broke down yesterday 23 minutes into come back game after cruciate ligament injury.

Been reported as another cruciate ligament injury.

Maybe AF not QUITE the unluckiest footballer in the world.
This IS depressing on 11:36 - Mar 5 with 2183 viewsNorthernr

And always comes across as a really nice lad as well. That's so disappointing if true, great little player.
This IS depressing on 11:38 - Mar 5 with 2172 viewsQPunkR

Really really unlucky fella

QPR - "shit but local"

This IS depressing on 12:02 - Mar 5 with 2073 viewsTacticalR

Unfortunately recurring ACL injuries are not simply bad luck. Having had a previous ACL tear is a risk factor for future ACL injuries:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/95706/the-acl-solu

Air hostess clique

This IS depressing on 12:14 - Mar 5 with 2021 viewsNorthernr

This IS depressing on 12:02 - Mar 5 by TacticalR

Unfortunately recurring ACL injuries are not simply bad luck. Having had a previous ACL tear is a risk factor for future ACL injuries:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/95706/the-acl-solu

See Rowlands, M and Faurlin, A in references.
This IS depressing on 12:15 - Mar 5 with 2017 viewsJamie

9 games in 3 years and potentially another lengthy spell out is going to be the end for him unfortunately. Bolton were talking with him over another years contract but with the US paying his wages during this recovery it's hard to believe they'll give him another deal. Let him rehab at the club undoubtedly and perhaps fasttrack some coaching badges for him.
This IS depressing on 12:58 - Mar 5 with 1876 viewsDiscodroid

This IS depressing on 12:15 - Mar 5 by Jamie

9 games in 3 years and potentially another lengthy spell out is going to be the end for him unfortunately. Bolton were talking with him over another years contract but with the US paying his wages during this recovery it's hard to believe they'll give him another deal. Let him rehab at the club undoubtedly and perhaps fasttrack some coaching badges for him.

i remember when rowlands done his knee again for roi. so pissed off for him.

not had many heroes for me over the past few years at rangers ,he was close to being one.

imho, good enough at his peak for the premiership.no question.

unluckiest player of my generation was a geezer called paul lake at man city many years ago.

world at his feet , tipped for a 100 caps then injury after injury.shame.

older rs may remember people like derek stathem,kevin reeves,steve mckenzie and to a lesser extent steve daley having england careers ruined by injury.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2014 13:00]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

This IS depressing on 13:05 - Mar 5 with 1829 viewsR_from_afar

This IS depressing on 12:58 - Mar 5 by Discodroid

i remember when rowlands done his knee again for roi. so pissed off for him.

not had many heroes for me over the past few years at rangers ,he was close to being one.

imho, good enough at his peak for the premiership.no question.

unluckiest player of my generation was a geezer called paul lake at man city many years ago.

world at his feet , tipped for a 100 caps then injury after injury.shame.

older rs may remember people like derek stathem,kevin reeves,steve mckenzie and to a lesser extent steve daley having england careers ruined by injury.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2014 13:00]

Good point re. Rowly, he was poised for greatness, then got crocked and his career never got back on track. He's at Aldershot now. I feel so sorry for him.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

This IS depressing on 13:06 - Mar 5 with 1823 viewssimmo

Read this yesterday, didn't realise it was going to be another CL injury. Gutted for him, looked a lovely little player...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

This IS depressing on 13:33 - Mar 5 with 1736 viewsKonk

Really sorry to hear this. Seems like a decent lad and a tidy player. I'm aware there are unluckier people in the world, but that must be soul-destroying, especially if you actually love playing the game.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

This IS depressing on 14:24 - Mar 5 with 1612 viewsPinnerPaul

This IS depressing on 12:14 - Mar 5 by Northernr

Yes, this won't do AF's confidence much good.
This IS depressing on 15:36 - Mar 5 with 1485 viewsheadhoops

more recent R's will recall Harry Redknaps England career being ruined by perjury...(allegedly).

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

This IS depressing on 18:00 - Mar 5 with 1302 viewsfrancisbowles

Yes agree. With regard to AF it is the opposite knee. So he hasn't a repeat injury but if it is an increased risk, he does have one in each knee!
This IS depressing on 19:36 - Mar 5 with 1191 viewsSpiritofGregory

This IS depressing on 12:14 - Mar 5 by Northernr

I always felt that these two sustained injuries because they both put in more effort than the rest on the team.
This IS depressing on 20:16 - Mar 5 with 1127 viewsTacticalR

This IS depressing on 19:36 - Mar 5 by SpiritofGregory

I always felt that these two sustained injuries because they both put in more effort than the rest on the team.

I see. I had assumed it to be a physical issue, but now I see it's a moral one.

Air hostess clique

This IS depressing on 20:24 - Mar 5 with 1109 viewsSpiritofGregory

This IS depressing on 20:16 - Mar 5 by TacticalR

I see. I had assumed it to be a physical issue, but now I see it's a moral one.

I remember watching both players and always thinking that they had put more of a shift in than the other players. Just like Charlie.

I remember watching Austin and thinking that he is putting in much more effort than anyone else on the pitch Why?!
This IS depressing on 20:40 - Mar 5 with 1089 viewsTacticalR

This IS depressing on 20:24 - Mar 5 by SpiritofGregory

I remember watching both players and always thinking that they had put more of a shift in than the other players. Just like Charlie.

I remember watching Austin and thinking that he is putting in much more effort than anyone else on the pitch Why?!

Yes, there are definitely malevolent forces at work.

If it was the Middle Ages we could have blamed witches, but as you know, they have all been apprehended now.

Air hostess clique

This IS depressing on 21:21 - Mar 5 with 1027 viewsSpiritofGregory

This IS depressing on 20:40 - Mar 5 by TacticalR

Yes, there are definitely malevolent forces at work.

If it was the Middle Ages we could have blamed witches, but as you know, they have all been apprehended now.

Stop talking bullshit. I watched Ale sustain an injury during a FA game when it was clear to everyone that he should have been rested for that game. He had played in every league game and needed a rest. We were reliant on him because he was one of the few that put a shift in, week in and week out. Just like Charlie Austin, we all saw it coming. Football fans aren't stupid, they can see who is putting a shift in and who isn't.

This is one on the reasons why Leicester and Burnley don't pick up injuries because the whole team has a work ethic. How many times on this board do we talk about the whole team putting a shift in and having a work ethic - everyone needs to take responsibility and carry the load.
This IS depressing on 22:31 - Mar 5 with 972 viewsMrSheen

This IS depressing on 15:36 - Mar 5 by headhoops

more recent R's will recall Harry Redknaps England career being ruined by perjury...(allegedly).

Richard Langley, Kevin Gallen (sob). Both past their best at 21 due to cruciate injuries.
This IS depressing (n/t) on 22:51 - Mar 5 with 950 viewsEconRmist

[Post edited 27 Mar 2016 13:37]
This IS depressing on 15:36 - Mar 6 with 738 viewsisawqpratwcity

Jeez, all the best to the bloke.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024