Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday. 18:43 - Dec 4 with 2877 viewskropotkin41

So we were all looking at the Leicester game thinking it was a must win, but I think this Saturday is more important. Tuesday night left me wondering what the f*ck is going again....... more or less how I felt for the whole of last season and the start of this one. If we lose on Saturday - and you can bet that Burnley won't be coming for a point, or playing "conservatively", then I think the wheels might come off entirely.

There was a moment against Swansea - I have already mentioned it, but you know I am getting on so bear with me - when Charlie clearly had a right old moan at Harry on the touchline. I saw his point, we were playing like we had no plan at all let alone a "conservative" one. Doesn't bode well, in my opinion.

I am hoping against hope that we do get a result on Saturday, but at this stage I have to say that I'm not optimistic.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Saturday. on 19:09 - Dec 4 with 1882 viewsCiderwithRsie

If there's such a thing as a "must win" then both games are/were; which is part of the problem if you have a strategy that involves not taking any points from away fixtures.
Saturday. on 20:20 - Dec 4 with 1803 viewsFredManRave

Personally, I'm hoping for another Championship farce of a game with the same outcome. Entertaining stuff but this time maybe just a little less nerve wracking.

And after last Saturdays result I am fairly confident of us getting a result. I really don't think Tuedays result will have any bearing on this game.

2-1

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Saturday. on 20:26 - Dec 4 with 1792 viewskropotkin41

Saturday. on 20:20 - Dec 4 by FredManRave

Personally, I'm hoping for another Championship farce of a game with the same outcome. Entertaining stuff but this time maybe just a little less nerve wracking.

And after last Saturdays result I am fairly confident of us getting a result. I really don't think Tuedays result will have any bearing on this game.

2-1

I'm hoping that you're right. Coming out and playing well would be in line with our apparent home and away schizophrenia.

Saturday. on 20:55 - Dec 4 with 1742 viewsBrightonhoop

Remind me what optimism is?
Saturday. on 21:07 - Dec 4 with 1720 viewsHollowayRanger

my worry is burnley have proper strikers both better than leciesters and on a par to Austin in my view

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Saturday. on 21:22 - Dec 4 with 1706 viewsingeminate

Saturday. on 20:26 - Dec 4 by kropotkin41

I'm hoping that you're right. Coming out and playing well would be in line with our apparent home and away schizophrenia.

As bad as we've been away we've been good at home, holding man city is no mean feat and we nearly beat them, lets not go over board, nothing to suggest we shouldn't put in a good performance against burnley.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Saturday. on 22:25 - Dec 4 with 1636 viewslondonscottish

Saturday. on 20:55 - Dec 4 by Brightonhoop

Remind me what optimism is?

It's that thing that happens just before the disaster.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Saturday. on 22:31 - Dec 4 with 1623 viewsdaveB

At home we've been pretty good all season so would expect a close game and a decent chance of winning, similar to last week won't be easy and with Ings in form they are likely to score but would make us slight favourites.

The way we're approaching away games means every home game is a must win and if we do win it that should put us in a decent position ahead of the Christmas games, well better than it looked a few weeks back anyway
Login to get fewer ads

Saturday. on 23:44 - Dec 4 with 1549 viewsWilloW4

Saturday. on 22:31 - Dec 4 by daveB

At home we've been pretty good all season so would expect a close game and a decent chance of winning, similar to last week won't be easy and with Ings in form they are likely to score but would make us slight favourites.

The way we're approaching away games means every home game is a must win and if we do win it that should put us in a decent position ahead of the Christmas games, well better than it looked a few weeks back anyway

What way are we approaching away games Dave? O-0 please.. Oh dear ,whoops we're 1 nil down with 15 mins to go etc, is that what you mean.?!
Saturday. on 23:48 - Dec 4 with 1541 viewsPunteR

Call me crazy but im going for a 2-2..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Saturday. on 06:14 - Dec 5 with 1483 viewsQPRski

There is no doubt that both teams will be up for it and it should be an exciting game. There is no reason why we should play differently than how we recently played at home.

I am very pleased that I will see one of my very rare live matches and am hoping for a 3-1 win.
Saturday. on 07:36 - Dec 5 with 1440 viewsPommyhoop

I'm bricking it TBH. Even with our home advantage I can see Burnley giving us real problems. The Leicester game was brilliant ( especially for the neutral and Sky stactition) but it was far far from a convincing performance.

This brilliant reply to Clive's report ( also brilliant) on the Swansea game from RangerKIK
sums up how I feel..
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
RangerKIK added 21:49 - Dec 3
Excellent report as always. You always watch the same game as me!

I didn't post at the weekend as I didn't want to rain on the full steam ahead parade that beating Leicester had seemingly created. Some even posted that you report was overly mocking. I thought that was ridiculous. You just told it how it was but put a positive, not to say fun, spin on what most of know was one of the most tactically inept displays of football we have ever seen. We won on Sat by admirable determination AND a massive slice of luck. Football can be more Poker than Roulette Harry it really can.

Saturday 29th Nov - 'So boss what is the game plan for today' HR - 'Everyone do what you want and hopefully we will win'

Tuesday 2nd Dec - 'So boss what is the game plan for tonight' HR - 'Everyone panic from start to finish'

We were so outclassed last night is was frightening. No one played with any composure at all. BUT what makes these two games so frustrating is we are much better than this. Yes we lost to Chelsea but at least we looked organised and made them really have to work for any clear cut chances. Last night it was 'help yourself chaps, oh you missed, never mind here is the ball back, have another go'. Thank God for Green having an inspired night otherwise this could easily have been another 5 or 6 nil defeat.

Where has the Liverpool home form gone. Yes we lost but we know that was a freak. This Sat if we play against Burnley how we played against Liverpool......4 - 0 to us and no blood dripping off the tips of my fingers. Play on Sat like we played against Leicester.......who knows, toss a coin in the air someone.

I guess if we had got what we deserved against Chelsea and Liverpool it would have been a massive turning point and confidence would be so much higher. Maybe that explains last night. But it just so frustrating to see us seemingly, once again, to have no game plan at all. Has Sandro's and Zamora's absence ruined everything? Even Sat, after somehow getting to half time in the lead, did Harry tactically change the set up to fill the holes and slow the game down? Er no, seemingly said nothing. And when is he going to stop making excuses for everything! Apparently now he is saying the fixture list and quality of the opposition has conspired against us! Streuth!

But even through all this I still have a sense that getting away from the bottom 3 will free up the undouted talent in our team's legs. And Sat gives us this opportunity. Rodney has even gone so far as to say if we win Sat we stay up!!!! Hope you are right there Legend.

Come on you R's you are much better than this.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Saturday. on 09:11 - Dec 5 with 1359 viewsloftus77

Score draw written all over it....
Saturday. on 09:12 - Dec 5 with 1352 viewsJigsore

Another 3-3? I don't foresee another Richard Dunne volley into the top of the net mind

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Saturday. on 09:13 - Dec 5 with 1352 viewsRickyDicky

Heard from a Burnley mate that Vokes may be back !!

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Saturday. on 09:14 - Dec 5 with 1348 viewsbosh67

Given our away form every home game is a must win. The crazy thing is just 3 points away from home over 7 games would have placed us outside the drop, yet we are told away games are bonuses.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Saturday. on 09:22 - Dec 5 with 1333 viewsPommyhoop

Saturday. on 09:14 - Dec 5 by bosh67

Given our away form every home game is a must win. The crazy thing is just 3 points away from home over 7 games would have placed us outside the drop, yet we are told away games are bonuses.

Yep ..We could've had them at Newcastle if we looked at away games as every other team does. Another game where the goal is to beat the opposition or at least avoid defeat.
Feck all this 'bonus game' crap..
Shirley our 'poso thinking guru ' Stevie Black should be sorting out this defeatist mentalility

Saturday. on 09:29 - Dec 5 with 1331 viewsTheBlob

Saturday. on 23:48 - Dec 4 by PunteR

Call me crazy but im going for a 2-2..

You're crazy.

2-0 home win.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Saturday. on 09:33 - Dec 5 with 1323 viewsade_qpr

Saturday. on 09:29 - Dec 5 by TheBlob

You're crazy.

2-0 home win.

Beat me too it, but yes second the 2-0.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Saturday. on 09:38 - Dec 5 with 1313 viewsadhoc_qpr

Hmm Burnley are picking up form ominously now, I have a bad feeling about this one.

I think it will be a score draw, but fear a narrow loss.

Is Zamora back? Our hit the ball long to Bobby is the only tactic Redknapp has stumbled upon that has really worked all season.
Saturday. on 09:51 - Dec 5 with 1300 viewsessextaxiboy

If Burnley come and attack us it may be because they are playing away to a team near the bottom of the league..An opportunity that the fixture list hasnt given us yet . How do you know what Austin said to Redknapp?
Saturday. on 10:22 - Dec 5 with 1261 viewskropotkin41

Saturday. on 09:51 - Dec 5 by essextaxiboy

If Burnley come and attack us it may be because they are playing away to a team near the bottom of the league..An opportunity that the fixture list hasnt given us yet . How do you know what Austin said to Redknapp?

Oh good morning, Harry. Nice move referring to yourself in the third person. Shouldn't you be out on the training ground with the lads?

Anyone who was there on Tuesday would have seen the exchange and I don't think that Charlie was being complimentary about "the system" we were playing.

As for the idea that the only reason we've had no points away is because of how hard our away fixtures have been, to believe that you really would have to ignore just how inept the performances have been. Yes, we've played good teams, but had we actually played to a plan ourselves - instead of reverting to the dross we played on Tuesday, for example.

Saturday. on 10:29 - Dec 5 with 1247 viewsPommyhoop

Saturday. on 10:22 - Dec 5 by kropotkin41

Oh good morning, Harry. Nice move referring to yourself in the third person. Shouldn't you be out on the training ground with the lads?

Anyone who was there on Tuesday would have seen the exchange and I don't think that Charlie was being complimentary about "the system" we were playing.

As for the idea that the only reason we've had no points away is because of how hard our away fixtures have been, to believe that you really would have to ignore just how inept the performances have been. Yes, we've played good teams, but had we actually played to a plan ourselves - instead of reverting to the dross we played on Tuesday, for example.

Time for another avatar change Essex

There you go .
This one moves an everything.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2014 10:32]

Saturday. on 10:43 - Dec 5 with 1226 viewsadhoc_qpr

Saturday. on 10:22 - Dec 5 by kropotkin41

Exactly, we might as well have Prem 1 and Prem 2 officially if we aren't going to attempt to win games against anyone in the top 10 coz it's 'ard...

If we'd got one win or even just a couple of draws against midtable oppo (Newcastle, West Ham, Swansea, Soton) we would be out of the relegation zone now.
Saturday. on 10:48 - Dec 5 with 1219 viewsessextaxiboy

Saturday. on 10:43 - Dec 5 by adhoc_qpr

Exactly, we might as well have Prem 1 and Prem 2 officially if we aren't going to attempt to win games against anyone in the top 10 coz it's 'ard...

If we'd got one win or even just a couple of draws against midtable oppo (Newcastle, West Ham, Swansea, Soton) we would be out of the relegation zone now.

The 4 teams have picked were bang in form when we played them
Check out who else they beat .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024