Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry 19:08 - Jan 1 with 4173 viewsbosh67

Survival and relegation are decided by very fine margins and our inability to have a management or player brain cell in the minutes of injury time today just defies belief.

I jokingly said to my dad that if we made a substitution to would be Hoilett after 82 minutes because that is what Harry does. And that is exactly what he did do, even though it was f*cking obvious we needed to change it after 60 minutes. Having waited until 82 minutes what's the point. Hoilett came on and left his brain on the bench.

Three minutes to run down and in that first two minutes he took the ball to the corner and immediately lost possession. 30 seconds later he hammers the ball wide from 6 yards when all he needs to do is run the clock down. The at 1-1 he passes the ball into touch when 3 yards from the nearest player.

The whole second half we sat off a team that we had got on top of in the first half and yet the philosophy of the management was to sit back deep like we always sodding do and wait for the inevitable. You never felt in that second half, apart from a few chances, that we had got that game tied up. Routledge gets sent off quite rightly for punching Henry in the face after a bad tackle by the otherwise very good Henry today (how Monk can't see that is beyond me) but we then put everyone behind the ball against 10 men. If you put Vargas and Hoilett on the half way line Swansea have to bring 2-3 players back. But with 10 men, a goal down, 4 strikers on and nothing to lose we simply let them come at us.

I came out spitting feathers and I still am. I felt like I just watched my side shoot its own brains out and turn a mid table position going into a very hard game against Burnley into a an inevitable slip towards the relegation places yet again. All our own doing today. And particular credit for a total lack of tactical awareness of any kind has to go to the management and even more so to our alleged coaching staff of Hoddle etc, who obviously don't know how to coach a team to pass three yards and actually move when they are not on the ball.

F*cking f*cking useless. This lot are paid a fortune and yet I am watching a group of reputedly highly paid and respected coaching staff and management be completely outdone by a managerial newbie.

Some players I feel a bit sorry for today but plaudits to Green. Without him it wouldn't have gone to 92 minutes before they got the goal back.

I am now really not sure at all, after all this time, that our management team knows knows what the f*ck it is doing and that a game like today can really smash confidence and belief. But somehow our total lack of a plan B or any sense against 10 men for 3 minutes is beyond staggering to me.

F*cking f*cking f*cking f*cked off. Can you tell?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2015 19:23]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rarely have a left Loftus Road that angry on 19:09 - Jan 1 with 3304 viewsPommyhoop

Over to you Essex .

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Rarely have a left Loftus Road that angry on 19:12 - Jan 1 with 3274 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I think we would have been better not even bringing him on. Zamora seemed to be lasting ok and had a great game i thought.
Rarely have a left Loftus Road that angry on 19:30 - Jan 1 with 3114 viewsessextaxiboy

Bosh , the first 20 minutes or so of the second half we didnt just sit back did we ? We could have scored 2 or 3 in that time ..Vargas, Austin , Fer , Barton all had decent chances . LR was.right behind the team and apart from a free kick Green watched the pass masters bobble a few.shots from way out . It feels like a loss and some players were exhausted after all the games .... Done by a quality strike by their best player fresh from the bench.

Gutted sure ..but not angry IMO ...
Rarely have a left Loftus Road that angry on 19:32 - Jan 1 with 3083 viewsbosh67

Rarely have a left Loftus Road that angry on 19:30 - Jan 1 by essextaxiboy

Bosh , the first 20 minutes or so of the second half we didnt just sit back did we ? We could have scored 2 or 3 in that time ..Vargas, Austin , Fer , Barton all had decent chances . LR was.right behind the team and apart from a free kick Green watched the pass masters bobble a few.shots from way out . It feels like a loss and some players were exhausted after all the games .... Done by a quality strike by their best player fresh from the bench.

I think I need a sedative Essex.Such fine margins at this level and for me we really threw it away by not using our brains in the final minutes.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2015 19:33]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 19:34 - Jan 1 with 3063 viewsJonDoeman

We got done by bloody good player producing a world class finish, it happens, onto the next one. Its a biggie!!

It Is What It Is !!

Rarely have a left Loftus Road that angry on 19:38 - Jan 1 with 3005 viewsShotKneesHoop

It's because of our shyte away form which means that every home game is important. We need to win almost every game from now on, purely because of the way we treat a game away from home as a bonus ball.

I feel sorry for Tears Of A Clown who bought Christmas presents of seats for his sons to watch SWP, Mutch, Ferdinand, Traore, and a few other wasters jog around the pitch on Sunday in the Cup game. He used to give them socks and handkerchiefs until this year.

After today's result, it's obvious that 'Arry will have the milkman, postman and tea boy playing to ensure we go no further in the Cup.

The key point is that unlike other sides in the Premier, every week our lot get one year older, not one year better. We must have the highest average age of the lot. The club policy of ignoring any juniors the chance to grow into the team will bite 'Arry in the bum because of this.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2015 19:39]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Rarely have a left Loftus Road that angry on 19:41 - Jan 1 with 2961 viewsSpiritofGregory

Didn't see the Swansea players looking exhausted. QPR's exhausted look was the realisation that they had screwed up as now we have to win away and then have Man Utd at home.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2015 19:42]
Rarely have a left Loftus Road that angry on 21:01 - Jan 1 with 2647 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Rarely have a left Loftus Road that angry on 19:41 - Jan 1 by SpiritofGregory

Didn't see the Swansea players looking exhausted. QPR's exhausted look was the realisation that they had screwed up as now we have to win away and then have Man Utd at home.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2015 19:42]

Or maybe deflation at conceding a late equaliser. More realistically.
Login to get fewer ads

Rarely have a left Loftus Road that angry on 21:02 - Jan 1 with 2630 viewsterryb

I agree with you essex on this.

Upto the 65 minute mark we were definitely looking to score a second. This is an unusual thing for us to do when leading but we did it today.

I do think we would have been better off without the sending off & we must regret trying to contain for the last 20 minutes or so.

Could someone watching on a stream or from the centre of Ellerlie or SAR please let me know if Barton bottled a challenge just before their goal? It looked as if he might have done from my position in the Upper Loft but perhaps the ball was going away from him & he couldn't reach it.

Now I would have been angry if a Swansea man after eight minutes!
Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 21:06 - Jan 1 with 2607 viewsandygg

''Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry''

Is this your 1st season watching the R's?
Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 21:25 - Jan 1 with 2529 viewsDoughnut

We'll regret that result, come the end of the season!! Twice now, we've not been able to keep a clean sheet when the opposition were down to 10 men. WTF is wrong with this team?? Golden oppertunity for three priceless points, pisssed down the drain. A team as crap as ours need to take these chances, when they're there. And now of course, it looks like Burnley and Leicester are getting their shit together. For the next two matches......at least, we are going to remain stationary while Palace, Burnley, Leicester and the rest wave us goodbye. Simple as this Arry, if we're gonna be shite away....Every match...this sitting deep and hoping for the best garbage,won't do old boy!!
Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 01:24 - Jan 2 with 2165 viewsvegasranger

Add in the fact we were very lucky when Green wasn't sent off for the hand ball outside the area. It's really sad that we accept that Swansea will be a better footballing side than us. I'm sure our wage bill is a lot higher and we have probably spent the same if not more on transfers. Maybe if Zamora had scored with that free header in the first half we might have squeezed through. The players worked their socks off but the lack of tactics and missing ability to contain 10 men for a few minutes could weigh heavy. We are the only team in the Premiership who don't compete away. Surely in the end this will make it very tough to stay in this division?
Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 04:36 - Jan 2 with 2053 viewstimcocking

I couldn't for the life of me understand why, when Harry was looking to hang on for a one nil, he'd leave Austin, Zamora and Vargas all on until 82 minutes. Surely, 1-0 up and looking to close it out, you'd bring in an extra midfielder earlier than that?! And then when the substitution was made, it was a winger. Very poor management without doubt.

I don't want to be pessimistic, but i can't help but feel that was a potentially massive result. 2 points from these last two is a real shame and may well come back to haunt us. Points thrown away again.

If we'd have won yesterday and you'd asked me will we stay up? I'd have answered (hopefully) yes. Now if you asked me that question, i'd answer i doubt it.

We need an away win or two and we need it/them asap.
Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 09:06 - Jan 2 with 1851 viewsdaveB

A lot of people seemed really angry yesterday, I didn't get it, I thought we played quite well and lost 2 points thanks to a brilliant goal and an absolutely fluke deflection to take Austins chance over the bar. Our luck had to run out eventually, I mean Green shouldn't have been on the pitch and if Gomis could finish we'd have been hammered. It's was frustrating to lose 2 points so late but the effort put in gives hope that we can get enough points to stay up. I thought Isla, Vargas, Barton, Dunne and Caulker were all very good yesterday.

Agree on Hoilet though he looks a player shot of confidence who could do nothing right
Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 09:11 - Jan 2 with 1832 viewsJonDoeman

Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 09:06 - Jan 2 by daveB

A lot of people seemed really angry yesterday, I didn't get it, I thought we played quite well and lost 2 points thanks to a brilliant goal and an absolutely fluke deflection to take Austins chance over the bar. Our luck had to run out eventually, I mean Green shouldn't have been on the pitch and if Gomis could finish we'd have been hammered. It's was frustrating to lose 2 points so late but the effort put in gives hope that we can get enough points to stay up. I thought Isla, Vargas, Barton, Dunne and Caulker were all very good yesterday.

Agree on Hoilet though he looks a player shot of confidence who could do nothing right

Spot on. Good point in the cold light of day. Just a shame we didn't play them when that fcker was in Africa!

It Is What It Is !!

Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 10:03 - Jan 2 with 1730 viewsbosh67

9.55am and I am still angry. Not that we didn't play better. Not that our crossing was, in general, better than it has been, not that we were very unlucky at the end not to score in the dying seconds, but mainly because like some very sh*t psychic I can almost predict what the team does and the lack of tactics deployed and exactly what minute that will take effect in. In short we are almost formulaically predictable.

Every time we sit back we get punished. Every time we push forward we push the opposition back but the policy is to generally sit back and we don't have the players to break with pace using that tactic. We proved it yet again yesterday.

It annoys me that the team generally played better yesterday but tactically when you compare them to Swansea they were just so much better organised than us, passed better than us, had a playmaker who make them tick, had players who knew where they were meant to play and their manager went for broke and brought on fire power when he realised that they had nothing to lose and that we were sitting back.

It annoys me that our coaching staff seem to be in the dark ages and Monk etc and their younger coaches seem to be playing through us. It annoys me that Swansea play the kind of football we should be playing and it proved to me that I think we are somewhat doomed if we don't rip up our current rule book and actually put a younger man in control of the team, even if that is someone like Les Ferdinand.

I think Harry is a fantastic bloke, but matches like that., for me, just go to show that him and his immediate team are just not up to this level anymore. Garry Monk basically out thought the likes of Harry and Hoddle on his own in the end.

Never knowingly right.

Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 10:08 - Jan 2 with 1711 viewsJonDoeman

Yep bringing Bony off the bench was genius,
[Post edited 2 Jan 2015 10:09]

It Is What It Is !!

Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 10:17 - Jan 2 with 1677 viewsDiscodroids

magic posting bosh.

all this crap posted yesterday about people posting during the game....what do they think this message board is for?..your favourite kfc krushem thread ?/

sanctimoniuos , pious bollocks .delivered from most high.

not my usual M.0 but i did yesterday during the game yesterday, was a code of honor broken??, some information superhighway masonic rule??.

was it by some form of diabolical osmosis that vargas let that ball run across him in the second half and collapsed like a milkman marathon runner in mexico city '68 , or that totem pole zamora missed a header but not the school end upper from two yards out?.

surely meat and drink to a player of such ability.?

the three old confused men standing on the touchline who look like they are discussing whether to have cod or plaice with their chips when the game as going away from us in the second half

mushy or garden peas bondy??

jesus christ on a tomahawk.

they stood by and watched the game drift away in the second half like excrement on a wet wipe flushing out into the north sea.

if James cordon can get an OBE , and a Premiership Manager can play Dunne, Henry and Zamora as a spine of a top tier team in the year 2015 ,anything Is possible.even danny dyer scooping a gong in 2016.

I would have played Sutherland and Petrasso yesterday as we are lacking in dynamism /Energy in midfield and for the added buzz , optimisim and excitement of their presence in a new years team , but of course they are out on loan, banished like chuck conners with their stripes torn off . 'Branded' as it were..

IMO, such a move would really get the crowd behind the side and give us a more tangible relationship between supporter and team as i can sense a disconnect with players such as barton, hoilett, phillips etc..

In any case ,i believe they have served their apprenterships and on merit ,deserve a chance in 2015.

I know it will never happen anyway under this Red Baron OF W12 .

by the way harolds favourite , is plain.

may your tongue be torn from its root and buried in the sand peninsula of LFW'S echo beach.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2015 10:56]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 10:23 - Jan 2 with 1661 viewsfrancisbowles

Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 09:06 - Jan 2 by daveB

Agree with you again!
Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 10:35 - Jan 2 with 1617 viewsparker64

I thought we did okay. Couldn't fault the effort but with half the team well into their 30s it was always going to be difficult playing Swansea.

Compared to those championship games of a few years ago Swansea have pushed on as a club but we seem no different.

Why didn't Swansea bring on Bony earlier. They'd have been out of sight.
Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 10:55 - Jan 2 with 1542 viewsDiscodroids

Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 10:35 - Jan 2 by parker64

I thought we did okay. Couldn't fault the effort but with half the team well into their 30s it was always going to be difficult playing Swansea.

Compared to those championship games of a few years ago Swansea have pushed on as a club but we seem no different.

Why didn't Swansea bring on Bony earlier. They'd have been out of sight.

couldnt fault the effort of the team.

its the sum of its collective parts that spell l-i-m-i-t-e-d in top tier of professional football.

there is no spare capacity.the pedal is to the metal.flat out.wheres the quality?, the youthful energy and dynamism ??

"half the side in their 30's"..yep and theres still 5 months to go.

a time and no motion study.

the footrace against the sundial for these players is a losing one, as is the time for the sputnik management team.

bony is world class i hear on this thread, what is vargas then?... a world cup star who will cost us £6-8million to sign if we snap napolis hands off.

one goal in 12 ?. youre having a soapy.

the fabio sex god version of andy johnson

of course these opinions are only valid if you take an espresso of bovril before the game and can work out the halftime scores using the alphabet before taking the mrs to brentford nylons in the evening.

[Post edited 2 Jan 2015 11:00]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 11:41 - Jan 2 with 1439 viewsbosh67

Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 10:55 - Jan 2 by Discodroids

couldnt fault the effort of the team.

its the sum of its collective parts that spell l-i-m-i-t-e-d in top tier of professional football.

there is no spare capacity.the pedal is to the metal.flat out.wheres the quality?, the youthful energy and dynamism ??

"half the side in their 30's"..yep and theres still 5 months to go.

a time and no motion study.

the footrace against the sundial for these players is a losing one, as is the time for the sputnik management team.

bony is world class i hear on this thread, what is vargas then?... a world cup star who will cost us £6-8million to sign if we snap napolis hands off.

one goal in 12 ?. youre having a soapy.

the fabio sex god version of andy johnson

of course these opinions are only valid if you take an espresso of bovril before the game and can work out the halftime scores using the alphabet before taking the mrs to brentford nylons in the evening.

[Post edited 2 Jan 2015 11:00]

I agree Disco. We of the half filled Bovrils with comedy non fitting tops no nothing.

I guess the reason I am still angry though is because it seemed inevitable to us bovril scolded nobodies and not to the management.

If you shut that game out we are over 20 points, psychologically the whole place is in a better mental place and we go into the away game feeling we are moving forward.

As the final whistle went yesterday and since then, all I can think is that I watched a result that I really fear will come back to haunt us. This division is survived or killed off by a few points and we were 90 seconds from making the second half of this season mentally far more achievable. Now I think it is difficult. And all because we couldn't close a team with 10 men for 180 seconds at the end.

I watched Charlie do it a few weeks back. He is as good as Gallen was at it. Sadly Junior seemed to have rented Traore's brain for the last ten minutes. And every time it fell to him and he just didn't have the brain cells to stand in the corner and fall over to win a free kick or two.

Never knowingly right.

Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 12:58 - Jan 2 with 1345 viewsdaveB

How did Monk out think Redknapp yesterday? He brought on a bloke he should have started, would have been like leaving Austin out then bringing him on when we were losing. Bony scored a great goal but for all the pressure second half they created very few chances. they looked better in the first half imo when they should have scored 4 or 5.

If Austin scores at the end we win the game, I do think the reaction on here about how terrible everything is seems way over the top. It's all about Redknapp though, some hate him so if we had a manager those people liked in charge yesterday those same tatcics and performance would have been praised and we'd have been unlucky.
Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 13:37 - Jan 2 with 1284 viewsJonDoeman

Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 12:58 - Jan 2 by daveB

How did Monk out think Redknapp yesterday? He brought on a bloke he should have started, would have been like leaving Austin out then bringing him on when we were losing. Bony scored a great goal but for all the pressure second half they created very few chances. they looked better in the first half imo when they should have scored 4 or 5.

If Austin scores at the end we win the game, I do think the reaction on here about how terrible everything is seems way over the top. It's all about Redknapp though, some hate him so if we had a manager those people liked in charge yesterday those same tatcics and performance would have been praised and we'd have been unlucky.

Still the most sensible poster on LFW.

It Is What It Is !!

Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 13:47 - Jan 2 with 1261 viewsbosh67

Rarely have I left Loftus Road that angry on 12:58 - Jan 2 by daveB

I thought in the second half Monk got their tactics spot on.

He would have been under a lot of pressure not to play Bony at all before the African nations but he still put him on.

In the first half we played pretty coherently in terms of the way we attacked Swansea. Second half we let them take control of the midfield and we sat back.

We needed to change it and we did as we always do after 82 minutes, not about 65 when it became evident we needed to close the midfield.

When Swansea went down to 10 men Monk instructed them to get higher up the pitch. They had nothing to lose at that stage so they needed marshalling out of the game.

Bobby was shattered after 65 minutes. That was the point to change it. Personally I would have brought on Onuoha at right back and moved Isla into support the midfield.

Having brought on Hoilett, we played the out the last two minutes and the 180 seconds of extra time with every player behind the ball. We didn't stand Vargas and Hoilett on the half way line which means that Swansea would have had to have pulled back 2-3 players to cover them so Monk had free range to push on.

That to me was a basic tactic to limit the numbers they could commit but we didn't do it.

Having said that the keeper knew almost nothing about the save he made from Charlie at the end which has to go down as one of the great saves of all time. Plus they were down to ten men.

So yes, that was a bit unlucky but by the same token Monk saw the opportunity to push on in the second half and we did very little to block his strategy. We could have nullified it but we didn't have the tactical ideas to do it.

You either see out a game properly or you press for the second goal and kill them off. We are in the Premiership. It's really fine margins and we just lack that extra few percent in our way of play, ball retention and tactics to get through these situations. Our ball retention at times in the first half was pretty poor. In the last 180 seconds it was non-existent. These are Premiership players with a highly experienced manager.

Do remember that although we have been good at Loftus Road that we have had quite a slice of luck as well in certain games.

So, we go to Burnley. Harry will say we will go there and have a go, but I am starting to wonder if he is saying that because he doesn't actually have a plan because if he did, I think we would have seen it away from home by now.

Believe me, I am not a Harry hater by any means. I like the guy. I think he does his best. The problem is that he isn't as up to it as he was and you look at the style of play Monk has with Swansea, which for me is better than the tictac football they used to play and you think, we need a modernisation of the entire coaching system.

Never knowingly right.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024