Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry struggling for recruits 16:29 - Jan 5 with 3812 viewsbosh67

"We’re looking for loans and I really haven’t got a clue as to where we’re going to find any at the moment. I don’t know where you find anybody on loan at this time of year. Who are you going to find on loan who is going to come and make a big difference to your team? It’s very difficult."

So Zarate may not be coming after all. I am not sure how we leave these things so much later than anyone else. Harry said Zarate could open doors. Not sure if he meant in terms of football or just basic motor skills to get into a room.

Rs returning and who could return?

Max Ehmer is back at Loftus Road so CB and holding midfield option.
Sutherland is back tomorrow.
Harriman and Petrasso are back at the end of the week. Doughty back on the 25th.
Mad dog Diakite is still on our books and on loan. So we can get that lot back and get some youth and pace in the team, plus a few red cards in Diakite.
The number 10 he's looking for we can probably sign off a team called QPR until May and he's called Adel Taarabt.
Promote Ben Pattie who looks very handy as a forward to the first team squad.
Job done.

Or... loan them all back out and then only have 20 fit first team players yet again.

Or even... go mental and splash out £200K (actual money) on Daniel Maguire from Blyth Spartans. Who I have now seen 3 times and could be the next Charlie Austin.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Harry struggling for recruits on 17:08 - Jan 5 with 2678 viewspomanjou

Of course its difficult Harry, if you don't plan ahead with many irons in the fire in the expectation that most of them will not come off but some will. But Harry is knackered, well past his sell by date and probably incapable of keeping several options open.

I said it three months ago, he should take his two middle aged trusties with him and allow a younger man and his team time to start making an impression before its too late. he's living way behind football times and prefers to take the routes of least resistance in terms of management.

As you get older your reactions slow down. In football terms he's on his deathbed. So he is incapable of 5 degree turns never mind 180 or 360.

Last year he got us up more by luck than judgement and this season he will run out of it and we know what the consequences will be.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Harry struggling for recruits on 17:10 - Jan 5 with 2666 viewsTacticalR

Diakité has been out in the midday sun.

Air hostess clique

Harry struggling for recruits on 17:12 - Jan 5 with 2649 viewswhittocksRs

One big problem: Harry no do no teenagers.
Harry struggling for recruits on 17:15 - Jan 5 with 2623 viewsjohncharles

Who'd want to come to QPR when our doddery old manager blames the players when we lose.

Strong and stable my arse.

Harry struggling for recruits on 17:17 - Jan 5 with 2616 viewsqprmeath

He didnt blame the players yesterday, he blamed the schedule
Harry struggling for recruits on 17:23 - Jan 5 with 2583 viewsDorse

I'd be all for giving Harriman a go - we need cover at RB as it is clear that Ned is not suited to the role and Petrasso couldn't do any worse than Hoilett or Phillips. Not sure about Ehmer. He played down this way in Yeovil for nearly two seasons and didn't really stand out. He reminds me a bit of Matt Rose - not quite one thing or another.

I'd love to see Frankie Sutherland get a go but can't see Harry going for it. We'll end up chasing a 'name' and end up with this season's Doyle / Maiga / Keane / Chevanton / Dellatorre.

Tarbie? Either play him or get rid. Since no one wants to stump up the cash to bring him in, it falls to Arrioodini to work his trademarked magic with 'difficult' players. Obviously, once they peel Tarbie off Greggs' window.

Careful what you wish for with Daniel Maguire. Troy Hewitt was going to be the next Les Ferdinand a couple of years ago.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Harry struggling for recruits on 17:55 - Jan 5 with 2467 viewsR_from_afar

Harry struggling for recruits on 17:08 - Jan 5 by pomanjou

Of course its difficult Harry, if you don't plan ahead with many irons in the fire in the expectation that most of them will not come off but some will. But Harry is knackered, well past his sell by date and probably incapable of keeping several options open.

I said it three months ago, he should take his two middle aged trusties with him and allow a younger man and his team time to start making an impression before its too late. he's living way behind football times and prefers to take the routes of least resistance in terms of management.

As you get older your reactions slow down. In football terms he's on his deathbed. So he is incapable of 5 degree turns never mind 180 or 360.

Last year he got us up more by luck than judgement and this season he will run out of it and we know what the consequences will be.

With 'Arry at the helm, we remain hunter gatherers, living hand to mouth, while all around, other clubs are building cities and granaries as they embrace the farming revolution.

RFA (seeking coat while ordering taxi... I blame the stress of following Rangers)

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Harry struggling for recruits on 18:41 - Jan 5 with 2348 viewsPetros

"I really haven't got a clue", "I don't know…", "It's very difficult":

I can't think of any management job in which it would be acceptable to say these things in public and the manager who said them would keep his job.
Login to get fewer ads

Harry struggling for recruits on 18:45 - Jan 5 with 2334 viewsSomersetHoops

Why could it be that he can't get anybody in?

1) He's a lame-duck manager with no future in the game.
2) His coaching team are crap and make players worse.
3) He has managed to keep out of the relegation zone by virtue of playing the weakest sides at home.
4) The upcoming home fixtures look tough with no signs of wanting to win away.
5) HR has no idea of tactics or modern football methods.
6) HR has transformed from a manager whose teams once played attractive football to one that plays the most excruciatingly boring football.
7) He has wasted the owners money on past-it has-beens, so they are reluctant to give him more.
8) HR has no interest in developing players ability for their or the club's future as he won't be around after this season.
9) Whenever the team play badly or get a poor result its always the players fault, or their lack of fitness, never the lack of tactics or poor training/coaching.
10) Redknapp has lost any skill he may have had as a manager and now the footballing world knows it.

Who's Next?

Harry struggling for recruits on 19:04 - Jan 5 with 2258 viewsadhoc_qpr

Translated - "Stoke won't loan me Crouchy, Defoe wants too much cash and Keane won't come."

Do some bloody scouting! And forward planning for that matter!

Surely he's known the transfer budget and the fact we need a forward for months...
Harry struggling for recruits on 19:24 - Jan 5 with 2206 viewsJamie

Harry struggling for recruits on 19:04 - Jan 5 by adhoc_qpr

Translated - "Stoke won't loan me Crouchy, Defoe wants too much cash and Keane won't come."

Do some bloody scouting! And forward planning for that matter!

Surely he's known the transfer budget and the fact we need a forward for months...

His transfer budget was to be spunked on Crouch and Defoe.

Now at the last minute, Tone has scandalously pulled the rug from under all that extensive scouting work.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2015 19:24]
Harry struggling for recruits on 19:37 - Jan 5 with 2136 viewsHollowayRanger

the frigging world is full of footballers

are the days of finding a Ferdinand and impey byrne tilson brevet peacock white over?

just need a big strong centreforward doesn't have to be the most skillfull as long as he gives his all and takes the weight off zamorra and Austin id be happy

and a guy out wide who can cross a ball,i still would give traore a go there in left midfield with hill behind him

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Harry struggling for recruits on 20:19 - Jan 5 with 2049 viewsDejR_vu

I suspect the financial goal posts have been moved considerably.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Harry struggling for recruits on 21:45 - Jan 5 with 1880 viewsHunterhoop

Would love to see Petrasso given a chance.
Harry struggling for recruits on 21:52 - Jan 5 with 1853 viewsjonno

Harry struggling for recruits on 18:41 - Jan 5 by Petros

"I really haven't got a clue", "I don't know…", "It's very difficult":

I can't think of any management job in which it would be acceptable to say these things in public and the manager who said them would keep his job.

Exactly. It really is quite unbelievable.
Harry struggling for recruits on 21:55 - Jan 5 with 1843 viewsHunterhoop

Harry struggling for recruits on 21:52 - Jan 5 by jonno

Exactly. It really is quite unbelievable.

He's not a fan of accountability, is he?! And as any manager knows, if you create a culture without accountability, things tend to go to sh*t.
Harry struggling for recruits on 22:25 - Jan 5 with 1768 viewsdaveB

If we lose the next 2, which is quite possible, then I can see the boards only loans stance changing and money spent again.
Harry struggling for recruits on 22:31 - Jan 5 with 1746 viewsLblock

I'm always looking for the hidden meaning with Candle Face

He's probably crying out for the purse to be opened so he can do what makes him tick, i.e spunk other people's money, play the master trader with the media and swilling some proceeds around his regular Agents / friends
He's carved out a career and a good fighting fund for flood defences doing the above

Popular opinion has swayed against him now as well. Other people I speak to have seen the Harry Houdini myth slip and see him as a decrepid rancid busted flush.
This window could go some way to replenish a bit of his rep or finally confirm the man is a rhelic and finished in the game

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Harry struggling for recruits on 22:36 - Jan 5 with 1725 viewswombat

Harry struggling for recruits on 22:31 - Jan 5 by Lblock

I'm always looking for the hidden meaning with Candle Face

He's probably crying out for the purse to be opened so he can do what makes him tick, i.e spunk other people's money, play the master trader with the media and swilling some proceeds around his regular Agents / friends
He's carved out a career and a good fighting fund for flood defences doing the above

Popular opinion has swayed against him now as well. Other people I speak to have seen the Harry Houdini myth slip and see him as a decrepid rancid busted flush.
This window could go some way to replenish a bit of his rep or finally confirm the man is a rhelic and finished in the game

Usual from twitchy not my fault , he's bloody Teflon nothing ever sticks , although in his defence I wish TF would emply a football man to run things behind the scenes and not let Phil beard deal with the transfers don't think he understands the urgency of the situation sometimes

Oh hum grab your pizza numbers and a few beers and grab a comfy seat usual late night for transfer deadline night

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Harry struggling for recruits on 22:43 - Jan 5 with 1700 viewssmegma

SSN staff are working shifts at Harlington for the next four weeks hoping for a snippet from rentaquotecorblimeyguvnorapplesnpearswe'redowntothebarebonesneverknownanythinglikeithonest.
Harry struggling for recruits on 23:04 - Jan 5 with 1658 viewsMonkey_Roots

Most of the posts on here are assumptions based on the premise that harry 'i live for the transfer window' redknapp, somehow has stumbled into January rubbing his eyes and wondering how on earth he forgot that this was usually around the time that he starts practising his 'through the window' chit chat routine.

he doesn't usually worry about stretching the truth to get what he wants, so why are most of you taking him at his word now? Maybe he wants to make a couple of signings or 'unpopular with the board' loan signings - by playing up how damn near impossible it is to get the loanees that are available within any financial or age restrictions the board put on him, they may eventually cave and give him who he wants.

It could also be that by publicly stating any names he is after, someone may sneak in there and trump him - like Zarate for instance?

I would have thought that harry would have plenty of scouts scouting, planning and whatever else is needed to get in some more faces - it is, after all, his specialty.
Harry struggling for recruits on 12:10 - Jan 6 with 1445 viewsNathanNI

The key part of the quote has been bolded for your attention.

"We’re looking for loans and I really haven’t got a clue as to where we’re going to find any at the moment."
Harry struggling for recruits on 12:11 - Jan 6 with 1443 viewsR_from_afar

Harry struggling for recruits on 21:45 - Jan 5 by Hunterhoop

Would love to see Petrasso given a chance.

Me too! How could he be worse than Hoilett or Phillips or - whisper it - SWP?

Young, talented, motivated: He has to be worth a go!

RFA (Dreaming on...)

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Harry struggling for recruits on 12:19 - Jan 6 with 1419 viewsadhoc_qpr

Harry struggling for recruits on 12:11 - Jan 6 by R_from_afar

Me too! How could he be worse than Hoilett or Phillips or - whisper it - SWP?

Young, talented, motivated: He has to be worth a go!

RFA (Dreaming on...)

Agree completely!

Can Petrasso really be much worse than Hoillet, Traore or Phillips have been? We might as well find out, he doesn't even use up a squad space!

Same with Harriman, best QPR player on the pitch in his only prem appearance, surely he can be our 2nd/3rd choice right back?
Harry struggling for recruits on 12:26 - Jan 6 with 1406 viewsR_from_afar

Harry struggling for recruits on 12:19 - Jan 6 by adhoc_qpr

Agree completely!

Can Petrasso really be much worse than Hoillet, Traore or Phillips have been? We might as well find out, he doesn't even use up a squad space!

Same with Harriman, best QPR player on the pitch in his only prem appearance, surely he can be our 2nd/3rd choice right back?

This is crazy talk from us, though, I sense a stadium ban coming! This madness cannot be tolerated!

RFA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024