Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Youngster joins Brentford 11:34 - Jan 14 with 5662 viewsMarc

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/josh-laurent-qpr-brentford-2202433.aspx
Youngster joins Brentford on 11:37 - Jan 14 with 3535 viewsNorthernr

FFS, the only one in that youth game v Huddersfield last year who I thought had something. Great eye for a pass, touch, ability to find space. Looked classy, and beyond his years, in a match where, Duane Holmes apart, everybody else looked like a no-hoper.
Youngster joins Brentford on 11:38 - Jan 14 with 3529 viewsrichranger

So we have let one of our promising youngsters go to our near neighbours, and maybe next year, rivals in the same league.

Why?
Youngster joins Brentford on 11:39 - Jan 14 with 3503 viewspaulparker

Don't know a lot about him but Warburton seems to have an eye for a player and not afraid to play kids
be interesting how he gets on at Brentford

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Youngster joins Brentford on 11:44 - Jan 14 with 3497 viewsJonDoeman

Youngster joins Brentford on 11:37 - Jan 14 by Northernr

FFS, the only one in that youth game v Huddersfield last year who I thought had something. Great eye for a pass, touch, ability to find space. Looked classy, and beyond his years, in a match where, Duane Holmes apart, everybody else looked like a no-hoper.

Petrasso played in that match! I've got plenty of hope for him.

It Is What It Is !!

Youngster joins Brentford on 11:47 - Jan 14 with 3487 viewsNorthernr

Youngster joins Brentford on 11:44 - Jan 14 by JonDoeman

Petrasso played in that match! I've got plenty of hope for him.

didn't do much that night. Laurent was terrific.
neither have any hope whatsoever of every seeing the light of day here of course.

Brentford's academy is going great guns, much like the whole club. Annoying.
Youngster joins Brentford on 11:47 - Jan 14 with 3484 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"An undisclosed fee" suggest we voluntarily sold him?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Youngster joins Brentford on 11:50 - Jan 14 with 3473 viewsNorthernr

Uncle Tony's focus on the academy continues.
Youngster joins Brentford on 11:55 - Jan 14 with 3444 viewsrichranger

And 'Sir Les' as 'Head of Football Operations' job is to 'nuture players from the Academy through to the first team' - of Brentford !!
Login to get fewer ads

Youngster joins Brentford on 12:02 - Jan 14 with 3412 viewsnadera78

Let's face it, he was never going to get a game at QPR. At best he'd have been given a 3 year contract and then sat in the EDS team slowly deteriorating, with perhaps the odd League One loan thrown in.

We, however, will go out and sign another No 10.
Youngster joins Brentford on 12:07 - Jan 14 with 3394 viewssimmo

Fernandes initial promises about a focus on youth and establishment of a proper development system is shown up for what it was, PR bullshit meant to win our support while he chases his real agenda.

Brentford showing exactly how it should be done from the first team to the kids, so frustrating.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Youngster joins Brentford on 12:11 - Jan 14 with 3347 viewsDiscodroids

mentioned on here last summer that i had a couple of pints with josh's uncle( hes a mate of my old man)in the duke of edinbourgh, green street .

a lovely fella who knew his nephew , as did josh , had no chance of doing anything at rangers when we went out and got gary oniel and that yossi gonk...

child catcher harold never spoke to josh once in his first 9 MONTHS at club.

fkn sickening
[Post edited 14 Jan 2015 12:13]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Youngster joins Brentford on 12:24 - Jan 14 with 3305 viewsRangersw12

Brentford remind me of us during the Holloway years before Paladini came in a ruined the club

Good luck to them
Youngster joins Brentford on 12:34 - Jan 14 with 3254 viewsjonno

Youngster joins Brentford on 11:47 - Jan 14 by Northernr

neither have any hope whatsoever of every seeing the light of day here of course.

Yes, The Bees are being run the way we should be. They are even getting a new stadium.
Youngster joins Brentford on 12:45 - Jan 14 with 3220 viewsMarc

Impey not impressed.

Giving his opinion on twitter and raising some valid points.

@AImpey for those that might want to have a look.
Youngster joins Brentford on 13:28 - Jan 14 with 3136 viewsderbyhoop

Youngster joins Brentford on 11:47 - Jan 14 by Northernr

Where is Duane Holmes now?

Is there any indication that Laurent woulld ever be good enough for our first team (at Championship or PL level)?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Youngster joins Brentford on 13:40 - Jan 14 with 3097 viewsDANRANGER

Youngster joins Brentford on 13:28 - Jan 14 by derbyhoop

Is there any indication that Laurent woulld ever be good enough for our first team (at Championship or PL level)?

A valid question but with any youngster you do not know how they will handle the step up but you have to at least try, especially when you list the poor quality players we have brought in on loan in recent years. May as well just scrap the whole concept of a youth team.

Until we bring in a manager who is interested in the club as a whole then any decent youngster will look elsewhere. If he was my kid, I'd advise him to look at clubs who give their kids a chance and for all my love of QPR it wouldn't be them.

At some point we have to stop and look at the future of QPR. The 1st team is paramount but there's no harm in blooding the odd youngster. Sheff Utd cup game for example proved once again we may as well have put a couple in or at least on the bench.
Youngster joins Brentford on 13:51 - Jan 14 with 3064 viewsderbyhoop

The problem is the youngsters probably aren't good enough. And haven't been for 10-15 years. The last "regular" first teamer (50 first team games) we produced was Marcus Bean . I cannot count Sterling as he was only 14 when he got poached by a L1 Academy and in no way encouraged by his agent.
Part of the problem is that as a Centre of excellence we would always be second choice to an Academy. Now, with EPPP, we are a Level 2 and lose out to the Level 1 boys. Different names, same outcome.
IF we get Warren Farm up and running, and the news on that has gone alarmingly quiet, we may be able to get up to Level 1 and attract and keep the better youngsters. But, don't expect rapid results.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Youngster joins Brentford on 14:15 - Jan 14 with 3020 viewsadhoc_qpr

Define good enough though?

Junior Hoillett can't shoot or cross the ball and consistently gets picked...

I'll watch him with interest as Brentford seem to have an eye for a player.
Youngster joins Brentford on 14:40 - Jan 14 with 2931 viewsQPRDave

Youngster joins Brentford on 11:50 - Jan 14 by Northernr

Uncle Tony's focus on the academy continues.

Nothing to do with Les Ferdinand then?....The man hired to come in and run these things?
I take it in your house when the doorbell rings, you tear out of the living room and bark at the front door....while the dog has a nap
Youngster joins Brentford on 14:42 - Jan 14 with 2921 viewsJamie

Well Brentford with a recent record of bringing through youngsters think he is good enough. QPR with an appalling recent record of bringing through youngster think he isn't.

Depends where your money lays I guess.
Youngster joins Brentford on 14:45 - Jan 14 with 2899 viewsNorthernr

16 first team apps for Huddersfield, 6 on loan at Yeovol and 6 on loan at Bury.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Youngster joins Brentford on 14:49 - Jan 14 with 2882 viewsNorthernr

Youngster joins Brentford on 14:40 - Jan 14 by QPRDave

Nothing to do with Les Ferdinand then?....The man hired to come in and run these things?
I take it in your house when the doorbell rings, you tear out of the living room and bark at the front door....while the dog has a nap

Les Ferdinand has been here three months. It's now three and a half years since Tony Fernandes arrived saying he was "all about the academy" and so far we haven't put a spade in the ground on the training ground he said would be open in 2015, we haven't graduated a single youth player to the first team, and the youth teams are still stuck at the Concorde Club miles away from the first team training ground at Harlington.

Sooner or later the people who slag off Mutch, Hoilett, Phillips etc who all played well elsewhere, the people who slag off Hughes and Redknapp even though they managed well elsewhere, the people questioning Ferdinand etc are going to have to realise that the reason nobody can do as well at QPR as they did elsewhere is because the club is being run by an absentee chairman PRd to make it look like his heart in the right place but who has made poor decisions and who, most importantly, is out of the country too much to do this job properly.

The club is badly run, it lacks infrastructure, it lacks identity, and the culture is all about individuals out for themselves, with the way to solve that apparently to pay out more money for more individuals. All of that lays at Fernandes' door.

Youngster joins Brentford on 14:52 - Jan 14 with 2860 viewssimmo

Youngster joins Brentford on 14:42 - Jan 14 by Jamie

Well Brentford with a recent record of bringing through youngsters think he is good enough. QPR with an appalling recent record of bringing through youngster think he isn't.

Depends where your money lays I guess.

For once you make a point I agree with.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Youngster joins Brentford on 14:54 - Jan 14 with 2849 viewspaulparker

Youngster joins Brentford on 14:49 - Jan 14 by Northernr

Les Ferdinand has been here three months. It's now three and a half years since Tony Fernandes arrived saying he was "all about the academy" and so far we haven't put a spade in the ground on the training ground he said would be open in 2015, we haven't graduated a single youth player to the first team, and the youth teams are still stuck at the Concorde Club miles away from the first team training ground at Harlington.

Sooner or later the people who slag off Mutch, Hoilett, Phillips etc who all played well elsewhere, the people who slag off Hughes and Redknapp even though they managed well elsewhere, the people questioning Ferdinand etc are going to have to realise that the reason nobody can do as well at QPR as they did elsewhere is because the club is being run by an absentee chairman PRd to make it look like his heart in the right place but who has made poor decisions and who, most importantly, is out of the country too much to do this job properly.

The club is badly run, it lacks infrastructure, it lacks identity, and the culture is all about individuals out for themselves, with the way to solve that apparently to pay out more money for more individuals. All of that lays at Fernandes' door.

And nothing will change , even if we do stay up this season or next
its all about old oak common , when that goes belly up (which it will) TF & co will be off ,
and when he does you can bet your last penny he will blame us the fans like good old chris wright did

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Youngster joins Brentford on 15:01 - Jan 14 with 2814 viewsNeil_SI

The problem is a lack of strategy, we’ve sent out the wrong message for years and that has lasting consequences.

The last time we were in the Premier League, when relegation was confirmed, we confined Jamie Mackie to the bench, a player who always gave 100% on the training ground and the pitch.

That was the perfect opportunity to reward the pros who deserved to play or to take a look at one or two kids. Even if those kids weren’t good enough, it may have raised their resale value and would have been a pat on the back to the coaching staff for their work at youth level, to know it was appreciated and wouldn’t go to waste. Instead, we lost a fan favourite in Marc Bircham.

It would have also sent out a message that hard work and development might be rewarded with opportunity. That would in turn help attract a higher quality of younger player in the first place, where kids need an environment to develop and grow and know there will be strategic opportunities for them to get first-team experience to aid their development.

Manchester United are not scared to pick James Wilson ahead of Falcao from time to time.

This season we’ve had a chance to show our commitment to youth development. We could have offered some of our youngsters some minutes against Burton Albion (we got Shaun Wright-Phillips instead) and Sheffield United, but we shunned the chance.

The process has to start somewhere.

These days the youth set-up has been separated from the first-team and moved off-site. The new training ground is supposed to house them altogether again under one roof, but there’s still no sign of that spade going into the ground.

No amount of facilities, Elite Player Performance Plan Category ratings or heroes like Les Ferdinand are going to change that unless those players are given an opportunity.

It’s still very much the first-team and then the rest of the club, when it needs to be a club wide vision from top to bottom to work.

The owners interest is in the first-team and their managerial appointments to date, reflect that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024