Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Box @ QPR 14:45 - Mar 13 with 3827 viewsRs_Holy

BIG birthday for me next year and I’m wondering what to do??? One idea would be to have a box for whatever match is closest to the big day. But I’ve never watched a match from a box before, so I don’t have a Scooby what it is like?

Anyone been in one??? Would you recommend … steer me away? Is the atmosphere strange? Is the food/beer any good?

Thanks in advance… R.H.
Box @ QPR on 14:50 - Mar 13 with 3812 viewsTonto

I was in one once - didnt like it. You're divorced from the crowd, and the atmosphere is completely lacking as a result. Its quiet enough inside for everything you say to be picked up, so you cant get away with any naughty words (this may not be an issue if its just your mates though). And because of the way the tables/chairs are set up, you cant go mental if we score... oh hang on thats not so much of an issue these days.

I would say dont bother...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Box @ QPR on 14:56 - Mar 13 with 3801 viewsRs_Holy

Box @ QPR on 14:50 - Mar 13 by Tonto

I was in one once - didnt like it. You're divorced from the crowd, and the atmosphere is completely lacking as a result. Its quiet enough inside for everything you say to be picked up, so you cant get away with any naughty words (this may not be an issue if its just your mates though). And because of the way the tables/chairs are set up, you cant go mental if we score... oh hang on thats not so much of an issue these days.

Yep...This is what I thought it might be like.

For my lads 18th we did the "3 course meal and sit in the South Africa posh seats" thing... That was excellent and the food was good... Plus Kevin Gallen was on the table next to us and my lad had a photo with Birch...Might do the same for my birthday!

Thanks for the advice!
Box @ QPR on 15:08 - Mar 13 with 3781 viewseastside_r

Box @ QPR on 14:50 - Mar 13 by Tonto

Yes. I have to agree with this.

I won a couple seats in a box a few years ago on In2Win. It was a very sterile atmosphere.
Box @ QPR on 15:11 - Mar 13 with 3778 viewsMytch_QPR

Box @ QPR on 14:56 - Mar 13 by Rs_Holy

Yep...This is what I thought it might be like.

For my lads 18th we did the "3 course meal and sit in the South Africa posh seats" thing... That was excellent and the food was good... Plus Kevin Gallen was on the table next to us and my lad had a photo with Birch...Might do the same for my birthday!

Thanks for the advice!

Yep, I would go for something like that - sit with the great unwashed and save your money for a really good meal afterwards - Gaucho or something. You could always do the stadium tour in the morning (if they are running one) then have a late breakfast / brunch thing.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Box @ QPR on 16:45 - Mar 13 with 3674 viewswhittocksRs

My old man's boss used to be a club sponsor (the odd ones among you may remember the 'Cleaning Contractors Limited' boards) before all the money came in and used to get a box as part of his deal. Sat in there on and off for about five years, next door to a building firm that the Gallen family had connection with. Back then the atmosphere was great, Kevin's Irish granddad was hilarious, and you didn't feel completely disconnected. You also got loads of oddballs popping in to watch the game (Alan from Eastenders was our one). Then the cash came, the deal went and I didn't end up going back in to one until two years ago, and the atmosphere couldn't have been more different.
Box @ QPR on 16:54 - Mar 13 with 3659 viewsDeano19766

A mate of mine has had a box for years. Have been in there many times. Good food and drink, and we always have a good craic. But if you want the atmosphere of the crowd it is not the place to be.

Oh yes, and the birds in reception are bang tidy!
[Post edited 13 Mar 2015 17:00]
Box @ QPR on 16:58 - Mar 13 with 3648 viewsizlingtonhoop

Barry McGuigan did. Very successfully.
Box @ QPR on 17:05 - Mar 13 with 3630 viewsBasingstokeR

Was in a box just on the school end side of the big box on halfway for my Dad's 65th.
It was the Doncaster game when Harford was in charge and Antonio German scored. No idea how much he paid; but it'd probably be dwarfed by the price now.

Was just our family in the box, plus a "server" who sorted out the food; and was I guess meant to serve you drinks as you liked but my brother kept helping himself to beers all afternoon (he was worse for wear when we left). We sat down to a meal in the box before the game; which was good food. When I went they brought in half time refreshments of hot "QPR logo on top" steak pies and hot teacakes and more drinks

It was an odd feeling having beers (wine and cheese and biscuits) there on tap for watching the game, but I really enjoyed it as something different from my ST in Lower Loft at the time. Especially getting to meet the players; had a long chat with Faurlin (in broken English) and Lee Cook after the game.
Login to get fewer ads

Box @ QPR on 17:53 - Mar 13 with 3589 viewsDeano19766

Box @ QPR on 17:05 - Mar 13 by BasingstokeR

Was in a box just on the school end side of the big box on halfway for my Dad's 65th.
It was the Doncaster game when Harford was in charge and Antonio German scored. No idea how much he paid; but it'd probably be dwarfed by the price now.

Was just our family in the box, plus a "server" who sorted out the food; and was I guess meant to serve you drinks as you liked but my brother kept helping himself to beers all afternoon (he was worse for wear when we left). We sat down to a meal in the box before the game; which was good food. When I went they brought in half time refreshments of hot "QPR logo on top" steak pies and hot teacakes and more drinks

It was an odd feeling having beers (wine and cheese and biscuits) there on tap for watching the game, but I really enjoyed it as something different from my ST in Lower Loft at the time. Especially getting to meet the players; had a long chat with Faurlin (in broken English) and Lee Cook after the game.

The half time pies are the nuts!
Box @ QPR on 18:24 - Mar 13 with 3554 viewswillis1980

Box @ QPR on 17:53 - Mar 13 by Deano19766

The half time pies are the nuts!

There's a building firm that had the windows opened for their box it's opposite to the s block, haven't been but have heard it's far better than any boxes the club offer
Box @ QPR on 18:25 - Mar 13 with 3554 viewsactonman

yep, you lose the atmosphere and crowd noise but as a one off p!ss up with your mates defiantly worth the experience
Box @ QPR on 19:02 - Mar 13 with 3515 viewsthame_hoops

Box @ QPR on 18:25 - Mar 13 by actonman

yep, you lose the atmosphere and crowd noise but as a one off p!ss up with your mates defiantly worth the experience

^this

Well said, will be great fun, maybe tweet uncle tony a story, spin it a bit, you might get one for free
Box @ QPR on 19:03 - Mar 13 with 3513 viewsDeano19766

Box @ QPR on 18:24 - Mar 13 by willis1980

There's a building firm that had the windows opened for their box it's opposite to the s block, haven't been but have heard it's far better than any boxes the club offer

May mate owns a building firm and his box is roughly opposite S block, don't think the windows open though so can't be same firm. He always gets a good crowd in so always have a great time. I'd highly recommend it if you have never done it before and you are going with your mates. You'll have a top day.

Barton was in the box next to us with his mates for the Arsenal game. One of my pals went in to have a chat and get a photo. Personally, Barton is the last person I'd want to have a chat and photo with!! Did have a chat with Austin's old man at half time though, and Bowlesy comes into the box now and again for a few beers as long as my mate sticks the racing on!!
[Post edited 13 Mar 2015 19:06]
Box @ QPR on 19:37 - Mar 13 with 3478 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Can only concur with what others have said. Been in there many times. Food basic but ok, half time pies the dogs bollox and beers plentiful assuming you get the full package. Atmosphere is nil as you can't hear the crowd outside and the view is not the best.

Plus side is you can mix with all the players after and act the part going in and out as you please.

Personally the W12 Club is a better option. More food, cheaper, a seat outside and even more copious amounts of pies at half time and after the game, all with the same benefits of mixing with players in the lobby before and after. Same free programmes and team sheets too.
Box @ QPR on 21:32 - Mar 13 with 3386 viewsLblock

Think it all depends on your crowd

Pal of ours did it last season and it was probably the second best day out of the year (Wembley nudging it out)
When you do this sort of thing and it's a one off then I don't think you can fail to enjoy it as long as you've got an up for it crowd
I'll be doing it for my next "big birthday" for sure as long as we're not in the conference playing at Hanwell Town

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Box @ QPR on 22:01 - Mar 13 with 3353 viewsPunteR

Box @ QPR on 21:32 - Mar 13 by Lblock

Think it all depends on your crowd

Pal of ours did it last season and it was probably the second best day out of the year (Wembley nudging it out)
When you do this sort of thing and it's a one off then I don't think you can fail to enjoy it as long as you've got an up for it crowd
I'll be doing it for my next "big birthday" for sure as long as we're not in the conference playing at Hanwell Town

Frankie friday boys getting an invite

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Box @ QPR on 10:35 - Mar 14 with 3167 viewsPommyhoop

Boxing at QPR..
13.40 For Harry's delightful quote.. ''And a midget , a glorious midget prances around the ring as McQuigan is announced.' That little leprechaun and McQuigan's Dad Bobby Ball singing Danny Boy must of been the biggest mind f'ck ever attempted in boxing...
Poor Pedroza..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024