Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inquiry into institutionalized racism throughout society - West Brom presser 09:45 - Apr 2 with 1977 viewsNorthernr

Eyes down for Harry Kane, Tim Sherwood, Twitter and the problem of racism in general society across.

Zooooooomed right in.

Darmeshththshthsththsth Shethsthsthh is the Sky dickhead.

Four or six points would be brilliant. Five straight defeats, morale wise any win or positive result would be good.

Zarate not fit and available. Treated back at West Ham. If he becomes fit we'll consider him. I wasn't involved in what happened on deadline day.

Bosh. Racism in football on appointment of managers.

Because I'm sitting here I won't change my view of many years, still at this stage of the game highlighting that I;m the only black Premier League manager shows it's not the norm. Until it becomes normal and it's not highlighted ALL THE LIVE LONG FCKING DAY.

Now talking about John Barnes. Couldn't make this sht up.

I'm in a fortunate position. I would hope people wouldn't look at it as a token gesture. I've earned my stripes. It's not the norm to have people from ethnic minorities in this position.

jesus my tape actually looped back 45 seconds there and this is so repetitive I didn't actually realise.

There are people better talented more suited from a profile point of view. Many white managers got job on playing experience and profile. There are people who should have had jobs like this and it shows that there is covert racism.

If it doesn't work out for me here as any manager of any race you're always in a position where it's difficult to get another job, you don't walk straight into a job. I was seven months out of work after Spurs. As a black man it's always going to be difficult anyway.

Now asking about the Rooney rule. This is getting daft now. Who we playing this weekend? Who's fit?

General equal opportunities. Or something.

ooh, hang on, maybe a Harry Kane mention coming...

I'd like to see English players playing as much as possible. Some clubs have done well for the game by playing them. Doesn't guarantee the national team will be better. It makes the academy systems worth their while by having pathways for players to go and play in their country of origin. Increasing numbers helps academies and English players to have a positive view of their future. At the moment you get a first or second year pro contract then there's no pathway beyond that. We do import players who are no better than what we have here. It's the mediocrity really frustrates the English coach and player.

Seen English players pushing themselves forward, we've seen players who cost a lot of money and haven't produced. Charlie Austin does the uncoachable thing, he scores goals.

We were fortunate that the weekend we played at palace and didn't do ourselves justice that the other results were in our favour. The last thing you want is to be worried about other teams. The games are dwindling away and you do have to look at the other games.

Not looking beyond these two games. We have to try to win the next game as best we can. We have the capacity to do it.

Charlie unlucky not to make England squad. prestigious thing. We see people coming in and out of the squad but there aren't many people who get called up for such an honour. If Charlie keeps making the effort and scoring goals he'll get picked. Lot of talk about it, people have offered condolences, he's a quality player and person. He'll be called up at some point.

Fer and Dunne worked extremely hard, medical staff been very good, hoping to have both of them back within a couple of weeks. (heard Dunne might play Saturday incidentally, might be bolox).

No doom and gloom here,. The staff are working to make sure everything is upbeat. Once you put the doom and gloom in it has a major effect on the confidence. We need high energy performances. We need to take chances, which we didn't against Everton. Letting late goals in, dire position.

Bosh. Twitter. Heard about the Collymore and Henry spat. Not aware of ins and outs. I'm an old man, I don't do the Twitter.

Fck me I thought Harry had walked back in.

I'm aware it exists. I'm not on it. The only way I find out about it is through gossip. You need to be aware of modern technology, but I was only aware that there were political discrepancies between them early in the week.

And that's pretty much your lot. I'll have to go back and check but I don't think anybody mentioned the words "West" and "Brom" in the West Brom pre-match press conference once.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Inquiry into institutionalized racism throughout society - West Brom presser on 10:18 - Apr 2 with 1870 viewssimmo

He needs to put a stop to it himself, if he turned around and said 'I am here for the WBA pre-match press conference, why don't you ask me about that' - they might actually have to do it.

Constantly providing soundbites and quotes will only fuel it.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Inquiry into institutionalized racism throughout society - West Brom presser on 10:46 - Apr 2 with 1792 viewsPinnerPaul

Inquiry into institutionalized racism throughout society - West Brom presser on 10:18 - Apr 2 by simmo

He needs to put a stop to it himself, if he turned around and said 'I am here for the WBA pre-match press conference, why don't you ask me about that' - they might actually have to do it.

Constantly providing soundbites and quotes will only fuel it.

They are there for Sky benefit, they pay all (most) of the money for TV rights, so call the shots.
Inquiry into institutionalized racism throughout society - West Brom presser on 10:46 - Apr 2 with 1790 viewsTHEBUSH

I'm on Ramsey's side here, if he's asked questions about racism, he should answer them, don't see any problems with it.

This Forum is about QPR, but most of the posts are about anything but QPR, I've no problem with that, variety makes the world go round
Inquiry into institutionalized racism throughout society - West Brom presser on 11:06 - Apr 2 with 1726 viewsdaveB

same as the Redknapp ones, the tv men from Sky are stupid and ask stupid questions. They have a question of the day they ask everyone and then are like a mix of when Austin Powers sees the woman with a mole and can't stop saying mole and when Basil Fawlty does his best not to mention the war to the germans.

With Redknapp they saw him and said "Spurs, Bale, Transfers, England job"

with Ramsey it's "black managers, racism, black, black, don't mention that he's black, your black aren't you
Inquiry into institutionalized racism throughout society - West Brom presser on 11:11 - Apr 2 with 1706 viewssimmo

Inquiry into institutionalized racism throughout society - West Brom presser on 10:46 - Apr 2 by PinnerPaul

They are there for Sky benefit, they pay all (most) of the money for TV rights, so call the shots.

Bullshit, you can choose to move on from a point if you feel you've given a sufficient answer, especially if it's outside the context of the press conference. Perhaps if they want to speak to Ramsey on issues such as race within football, the youth prospects of England and how John Barnes thinks shit blackmanagers should get given jobs, they should arrange a specific interview with him personally outside the remit of a QPR v West Brom pre match conference.

Plenty of managers choose which questions to answer or not answer, it's their prerogative. Esepcially if it's asking for personal opinions.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Inquiry into institutionalized racism throughout society - West Brom presser on 18:14 - Apr 2 with 1395 viewsderbyhoop

God, he's got some patience to put up with "ask the black man" questions every week. If he had all the answers to every racial problem he'd be a politician.

And as Clive concluded, where was any mention of West Brom?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Inquiry into institutionalized racism throughout society - West Brom presser on 19:50 - Apr 2 with 1343 viewsBklynRanger

That thread title cracked me up, pity about the actual press 'event'.

I think Ramsey's in a very difficult position. He obviously has views on the opportunities for black coaches and managers, and he may well feel he'd be letting a lot of people down if he doesn't take advantage of the platform that he has. At the same time I'm sure he doesn't want to be getting asked this stuff every week.

Maybe he could, as Simmo says, do a better job of cutting some of these off but he'd be in danger of creating waves and offering up spin either way. That response he gave today about being a manager and, separately, a black man has already been spun into a statement on twitter I see.

The one thing that strikes me is, particularly with the Sky tvvats, they almost certainly don't have enough knowledge of anyone outside the top 4 to even know how to ask a decent question.

Bag of shyte.
Inquiry into institutionalized racism throughout society - West Brom presser on 20:00 - Apr 2 with 1325 viewsCiderwithRsie

Inquiry into institutionalized racism throughout society - West Brom presser on 11:06 - Apr 2 by daveB

same as the Redknapp ones, the tv men from Sky are stupid and ask stupid questions. They have a question of the day they ask everyone and then are like a mix of when Austin Powers sees the woman with a mole and can't stop saying mole and when Basil Fawlty does his best not to mention the war to the germans.

With Redknapp they saw him and said "Spurs, Bale, Transfers, England job"

with Ramsey it's "black managers, racism, black, black, don't mention that he's black, your black aren't you

"the tv men from Sky are stupid and ask stupid questions."

In order to avoid sexism as well as racism you really should use the accepted technical term, which is "Sky Dickhead"
Login to get fewer ads

Inquiry into institutionalized racism throughout society - West Brom presser on 21:04 - Apr 2 with 1265 viewsFredManRave

Inquiry into institutionalized racism throughout society - West Brom presser on 11:11 - Apr 2 by simmo

Bullshit, you can choose to move on from a point if you feel you've given a sufficient answer, especially if it's outside the context of the press conference. Perhaps if they want to speak to Ramsey on issues such as race within football, the youth prospects of England and how John Barnes thinks shit blackmanagers should get given jobs, they should arrange a specific interview with him personally outside the remit of a QPR v West Brom pre match conference.

Plenty of managers choose which questions to answer or not answer, it's their prerogative. Esepcially if it's asking for personal opinions.

"John Barnes thinks shit blackmanagers should get given jobs".

Great line.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Inquiry into institutionalized racism throughout society - West Brom presser on 14:10 - Apr 3 with 1097 viewsJonDoeman

The Dunney Monster back ?

It Is What It Is !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024