Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How we can improve 16:24 - Sep 29 with 1497 viewsbosh67

It has been interesting going through the threads over the last week or so about our defence, midfield and attack.

Overall, and I know this has come as a surprise to me, but if we are to improve as a football team I think we need to score more goals and let less in. If we do that I think we will be okay.

I am thinking of submitting my findings to the board, management and coaching staff.

[Post edited 29 Sep 2015 16:25]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

How we can improve on 16:27 - Sep 29 with 1477 viewsdaveB

Football is pretty simple, most successful teams play as a team, they defend as a team and attack as one as well. Very basic but never fails. At the moment we have 4 players attacking, 2 stood in the middle picking their noses and 4 defending. Until they work as a team we'll continue to be crap especially now the goalscorer has got injured
How we can improve on 16:29 - Sep 29 with 1468 viewsbosh67

How we can improve on 16:27 - Sep 29 by daveB

Football is pretty simple, most successful teams play as a team, they defend as a team and attack as one as well. Very basic but never fails. At the moment we have 4 players attacking, 2 stood in the middle picking their noses and 4 defending. Until they work as a team we'll continue to be crap especially now the goalscorer has got injured

Blimey, that's baffling Dave. Could you make it simpler? Working as a team? Hmmm. Hang on.... Nope. How does that work?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

How we can improve on 16:46 - Sep 29 with 1453 viewsAntti_Heinola

How we can improve on 16:27 - Sep 29 by daveB

True dave - but that's neither basic nor simple. It's very complicated getting all the cogs to work like that and making sure every player knows their job and does it - and also knows the job of the immediate players around them and covers that job too.
It makes me laugh when people say football is simple - the concept is, of course. But Guardiola used to have sleepless nights working out how to beat even middling teams in la liga, how he would utilise his players and so forth, and then getting those ideas across. That's why he was/is so successful - he recognises that football is anything but simple or basic.

Bare bones.

How we can improve on 17:01 - Sep 29 with 1430 viewsbosh67

How we can improve on 16:46 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

True dave - but that's neither basic nor simple. It's very complicated getting all the cogs to work like that and making sure every player knows their job and does it - and also knows the job of the immediate players around them and covers that job too.
It makes me laugh when people say football is simple - the concept is, of course. But Guardiola used to have sleepless nights working out how to beat even middling teams in la liga, how he would utilise his players and so forth, and then getting those ideas across. That's why he was/is so successful - he recognises that football is anything but simple or basic.

This brings about a case in point. Guardiola knows (most of the time) how his opponents are set up and has them watched for quite a while. I am sure we send people to watch the teams we are playing but how good the surveillance is, is anyone's guess. Last Friday night it seemed to be while we were watching ourselves getting thrashed.

Never knowingly right.

How we can improve on 17:08 - Sep 29 with 1426 viewsessextaxiboy

Short crisp passing , we saw it for 30 min at Charlton and it gave Luongo the chance at Fulham . We have the players to do it . Long passes give up possession imo
How we can improve on 17:13 - Sep 29 with 1411 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I don't think we do too much wrong as a team.

That debacle on Friday, the mess v Forest, and some of the nonsense goals we concede are down to individual errors. Let's not forget a few sitters we've had v Blackburn and Hull. That's four points there!
[Post edited 29 Sep 2015 17:18]
How we can improve on 17:31 - Sep 29 with 1377 viewsTheBlob

Breaking into what they call a "run" rather than a hunched shuffle would be good - and passing to someone wearing the same patterned/colored shirt might be a good idea.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

How we can improve on 17:50 - Sep 29 with 1352 viewsted_hendrix

It's a bit radical I know but why don't we try a bit of coaching?
You never know, maybe a bit of simple passing and moving to start of with as opposed to passing and then turning into a rigid piece of nothingness and just standing there with the glazed expression of "er what do I do now"
When and if we try this radical bit of coaching we can start of with trying to pass the ball to a team mate a whole 2 metres with hopefully some small amount of success.
The first player who succeeds with two successful 2 metre passes on the trot could maybe be rewarded with a bag of pineapple chunks.
Yea coaching that might help.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

How we can improve on 18:27 - Sep 29 with 1314 viewsbosh67

How we can improve on 17:50 - Sep 29 by ted_hendrix

It's a bit radical I know but why don't we try a bit of coaching?
You never know, maybe a bit of simple passing and moving to start of with as opposed to passing and then turning into a rigid piece of nothingness and just standing there with the glazed expression of "er what do I do now"
When and if we try this radical bit of coaching we can start of with trying to pass the ball to a team mate a whole 2 metres with hopefully some small amount of success.
The first player who succeeds with two successful 2 metre passes on the trot could maybe be rewarded with a bag of pineapple chunks.
Yea coaching that might help.

Sorry, Ted. Pass... and move? Interesting concept. Two things. But can we coach more than one thing?

Never knowingly right.

How we can improve on 19:10 - Sep 29 with 1256 viewseghamranger

I would like to see Hall play with Nedum at the back and Sandro play instead of Henry!!!
How we can improve on 19:13 - Sep 29 with 1250 viewsdistortR

How we can improve on 19:10 - Sep 29 by eghamranger

I would like to see Hall play with Nedum at the back and Sandro play instead of Henry!!!

I live and die by the maxim, 'if in doubt, kick it out'. Preferably before its bounced.
How we can improve on 20:10 - Sep 29 with 1213 viewsJonDoeman

Get a football manager ?

It Is What It Is !!

How we can improve on 20:45 - Sep 29 with 1173 viewsjohncharles

You and me and about 10,000 others.

Strong and stable my arse.

How we can improve on 21:15 - Sep 29 with 1118 viewsYorkRanger

Angela was good at Hull though and good at Forest before the injury. That said Hall was unfortunate to lose his place having played well at Huddersfield.

Tough calls. Perch has been poor yet Wigan fans raved about him. Yun has vanished and Trarore is missing in action.

Also I have been wondering whether Luongo and Chery are too similar and slight of build to play together in the three?

Definitely like to see Henry rested. Faurlin and Sandro for me.

Also is Gladwin now written off?

Sorry the above is all a bit random, maybe that sums up where we are...
How we can improve on 22:33 - Sep 29 with 1051 viewsbosh67

Gladwin was a big goal threat at Swindon, so let's not be silly and play him. Luongo and Gladwin ran the midfield at swindon. So let's not be daft and play them together.

Never knowingly right.

How we can improve on 22:56 - Sep 29 with 1017 viewsstansleftfoot

The Simple Game.....until players step up to taking the responsibility to complete simple game tasks individually the squad and each selected side will continue to throw games away.
The shape and coaching are not relevant at this level, all the players have the requisite skills to complete blocking the cross for this level of football, or pass the ball to feet in a no risk situation.
Making good decisions would improve QPR. Faurlin should not be passing that ball.
The simple game is winning individual battles for and on behalf of the side...until Players do the simple things well, the complex stuff, scoring goals and defending as a group have no hope...
Its really hard to score perfect goals...usually three individual errors will assist the scoring side before the goal becomes inevitable.
It helps if eleven players behave as a team as opposed to a recently introduced group of strangers.
Sir Les and possibly Ramsey have done well to get this group together...they are a long way from understanding how to play football together....a couple more thrashings like Fulham will find us our "match winners", none showing so far....interestingly the Player or Character that might help would have been the relentlessly average footballer Joseph Barton...but he did try!
We would immediately improve if the Ferdinand and Ramsey combo was added to with fresh impetus and ideas...a defensive coach or an attacking coach of some real professional weight...because of the quality of the squad, and our points on the board, we are not far off being real contenders.
We can improve by introducing a Kevin Nolan type player or a vocal and passionate old world football manager to the mix....a Colin Wxnker type character or if he's not available try Neil Warnock!
How we can improve on 00:21 - Sep 30 with 969 viewslave16

How we can improve on 22:56 - Sep 29 by stansleftfoot

The Simple Game.....until players step up to taking the responsibility to complete simple game tasks individually the squad and each selected side will continue to throw games away.
The shape and coaching are not relevant at this level, all the players have the requisite skills to complete blocking the cross for this level of football, or pass the ball to feet in a no risk situation.
Making good decisions would improve QPR. Faurlin should not be passing that ball.
The simple game is winning individual battles for and on behalf of the side...until Players do the simple things well, the complex stuff, scoring goals and defending as a group have no hope...
Its really hard to score perfect goals...usually three individual errors will assist the scoring side before the goal becomes inevitable.
It helps if eleven players behave as a team as opposed to a recently introduced group of strangers.
Sir Les and possibly Ramsey have done well to get this group together...they are a long way from understanding how to play football together....a couple more thrashings like Fulham will find us our "match winners", none showing so far....interestingly the Player or Character that might help would have been the relentlessly average footballer Joseph Barton...but he did try!
We would immediately improve if the Ferdinand and Ramsey combo was added to with fresh impetus and ideas...a defensive coach or an attacking coach of some real professional weight...because of the quality of the squad, and our points on the board, we are not far off being real contenders.
We can improve by introducing a Kevin Nolan type player or a vocal and passionate old world football manager to the mix....a Colin Wxnker type character or if he's not available try Neil Warnock!

go 4-4-2

green
pearch onhua hall konchesky
phillips sandro luongo fer
poulter cherry

or 4411

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024