Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history 21:47 - Oct 19 with 1254 viewsNorthernr

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/40775
Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history on 22:05 - Oct 19 with 1233 viewsjohncharles

I'd totally forgotten that. Great memories. I'll take it as an omen.

Strong and stable my arse.

Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history on 22:09 - Oct 19 with 1217 viewsLblock

I always have this arguement with a Mancky season ticket holder "mate".

Gallen had a perfectly good goal ruled out at Old Trafford on his full debut that season (first game)... Jesus the refs have been homers there since black and white TV!

Ferguson rated Gallen. He rated him very, very highly. He wanted him as the next Mark Hughesless. They offered £7 million which was a record at the time but wanted to pay it over 7 years and Kev didn't want to go and instead wanted to play for his boyhood club.

Jesus I feel old

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history on 08:44 - Oct 20 with 1146 viewsDiscodroids

Kevin Gallen , Up there with gerry francis as my all time QPR hero( strange having a hero thats younger than yourself).

first saw him destroy west ham in a youth cup final at upton park in the early 90's it must have been.??. Love him, and if him and gerry want to spit roast 'er indoors they only have to ask. If they told me to vote labour i would. thats ho w much i bloody love them.

[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 8:46]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history on 08:45 - Oct 20 with 1144 viewsNorthernr

Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history on 08:44 - Oct 20 by Discodroids

Kevin Gallen , Up there with gerry francis as my all time QPR hero( strange having a hero thats younger than yourself).

first saw him destroy west ham in a youth cup final at upton park in the early 90's it must have been.??. Love him, and if him and gerry want to spit roast 'er indoors they only have to ask. If they told me to vote labour i would. thats ho w much i bloody love them.

[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 8:46]

93.94 that West Ham game I think, I went to the second leg at LR which we won 3-2.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history on 08:49 - Oct 20 with 1130 viewsDiscodroids

Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history on 08:45 - Oct 20 by Northernr

93.94 that West Ham game I think, I went to the second leg at LR which we won 3-2.

This post has been edited by an administrator

thanks mate, yourve got some memory !. Did dichio play as well ?.

there wasnt many there, and only a few QPR, i was wearing a 7o's qpr toffs shirt(they hadnt been around that long back then), and when kev scored he came running over to us , i havent felt as much pride since i saw my eldest going to school on his first day at secondary school in his uniform. Love him.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history on 10:25 - Oct 20 with 1084 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Disco, I was at both legs.

Dichio was the year before Gallen so wasn't in that team. Rangers were missing Michael Mahoney-Johnson that day so I think we played Paul Bruce up front.

Also in that team were Challis, Brazier, Plummer, Marvin Bryan, the two Goodwin brothers, and (illegally as he was too young) Nigel Quashie.

Even though he would have been illegal, my (admittedly hazy) recollection is that West Ham played Rio Ferdinand on Gallen and that it was a great match-up. I remember both being outstanding at that level.

Lampard also played for West Ham. He was highly rated at that stage but didn't stand out a whole pile, I thought. Again I think he was young for that game.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history on 10:35 - Oct 20 with 1074 viewsDiscodroids

Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history on 10:25 - Oct 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Disco, I was at both legs.

Dichio was the year before Gallen so wasn't in that team. Rangers were missing Michael Mahoney-Johnson that day so I think we played Paul Bruce up front.

Also in that team were Challis, Brazier, Plummer, Marvin Bryan, the two Goodwin brothers, and (illegally as he was too young) Nigel Quashie.

Even though he would have been illegal, my (admittedly hazy) recollection is that West Ham played Rio Ferdinand on Gallen and that it was a great match-up. I remember both being outstanding at that level.

Lampard also played for West Ham. He was highly rated at that stage but didn't stand out a whole pile, I thought. Again I think he was young for that game.

fantastic Bri !... some names there !!

did we win 3-0 ??, i was with west ham mates who were convinced they would stroll it!

steve potts was behind us, looking like a waxed mannequin , and was really upset !.

ive always though of kevin as the son i never had, even though im only 7 years older.

love that boy.

ps..Always thought Plummer would have gone on to have a reasonable career.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 10:36]

Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history on 10:39 - Oct 20 with 1055 viewsBluce_Ree

Kevin Gallen. That cruciate ligament injury at Pompey did him. Never the same after. Had his moments but was a let down for me. He had a real problem when he was running 1 on 1 at keepers. He missed so many good chances doing that.

Fair play to him for being an R but beyond that, nah.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history on 10:42 - Oct 20 with 1054 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history on 10:35 - Oct 20 by Discodroids

fantastic Bri !... some names there !!

did we win 3-0 ??, i was with west ham mates who were convinced they would stroll it!

steve potts was behind us, looking like a waxed mannequin , and was really upset !.

ive always though of kevin as the son i never had, even though im only 7 years older.

love that boy.

ps..Always thought Plummer would have gone on to have a reasonable career.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 10:36]

We won both legs 3-2, Disco, I'm pretty sure. That was a cracking game. West Ham were by far the best team we played that year but that was a serious Rangers team. I used to watch a lot of their games with Alan Barnes, Joe English, Keith and crew. Great, great ,memories of that season in particular. Apart from Gallen (Jesus, how we loved him) about seven or eight of that team went on to have professional careers, which is extraordinary. We knew it at the time, and we savoured it.

Gieler and Bulpin were massive losses to Rangers. Gieler's network around West and North-West London was legendary. Ask any lad who was half decent and Gieler had tabs on him.

Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history on 11:01 - Oct 20 with 1034 viewsDiscodroids

Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history on 10:42 - Oct 20 by BrianMcCarthy

We won both legs 3-2, Disco, I'm pretty sure. That was a cracking game. West Ham were by far the best team we played that year but that was a serious Rangers team. I used to watch a lot of their games with Alan Barnes, Joe English, Keith and crew. Great, great ,memories of that season in particular. Apart from Gallen (Jesus, how we loved him) about seven or eight of that team went on to have professional careers, which is extraordinary. We knew it at the time, and we savoured it.

Gieler and Bulpin were massive losses to Rangers. Gieler's network around West and North-West London was legendary. Ask any lad who was half decent and Gieler had tabs on him.

aww great days Bri.

Yep west ham were very highly rated that year but we , as you say, had some real football men at the club at that time . what a set up we had, were did it go so wrong?

That young team just shined bright didnt it mate!. Potts and his mates sat therewith their jaws on the floor.

I remember lee dixon on ITV when they were at a plymouth fa cup game , going on and on about Kevin , right sunk to the nuts job. Couldnt praise him enough, ' a footballers footballer' he called him . Daft i know, but like gerry, he can do no wrong in my eyes.

i get all misty eyed just thinking about the pair of 'em.!. Crying shame that night at portsmouth but he still had that nous to set him apart from the herd.

ive met clive allen, ian bishop, alvin martin, ray parlour, gary numan and Sarah harding in the last year ,but id faint like a bay city rollers groupie if i ever met kevin .

did i mention i love him?

Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history on 13:57 - Oct 20 with 973 viewsHayesender

Wasn't one of the west ham lads career ended in that final?

Unfortunately from a challenge by Gallen

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history on 17:54 - Oct 20 with 927 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kevin Gallen’s first QPR goal — history on 13:57 - Oct 20 by Hayesender

Wasn't one of the west ham lads career ended in that final?

Unfortunately from a challenge by Gallen

Ya? I'd forgotten that. Wonder who it was...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024