Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is just a complete waste of a season. 13:07 - Oct 23 with 3725 viewsfreddieeddie

I have always been a fan of TF, his heart is in the right place but he makes some awful decisions.

So many of us on here knew CR was not the right man to take the job. Now TF employs the man he sacked (and shouldn't of) to help our manager. That is like Aston Villa now employing Paul Lambert to guide Tim Sherwood. It is just laughable.

This season is just such a waste. Like me, I am sure you are all waiting week after week for the announcement to be made that CR has left the club. Just an utter waste of a season this is. Sick and tired of QPR being a joke club now.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 13:26 - Oct 23 with 2643 viewsLadbrokeR

Come on mate. That's a tad reactionary. I have read posts that suggest Ramsay should go. I have read posts that suggest Les should go. I have also read posts criticising Fernandes. But seriuosly telling us it's waste of a season and it's only the 23rd of October. Why stop there why not knock down the club and bring about about a premature end to all things QPR it was only going to be crap anyway.
This is just a complete waste of a season. on 13:30 - Oct 23 with 2630 viewsfreddieeddie

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 13:26 - Oct 23 by LadbrokeR

Come on mate. That's a tad reactionary. I have read posts that suggest Ramsay should go. I have read posts that suggest Les should go. I have also read posts criticising Fernandes. But seriuosly telling us it's waste of a season and it's only the 23rd of October. Why stop there why not knock down the club and bring about about a premature end to all things QPR it was only going to be crap anyway.

How can you not see that it is a waste. He will end up sacked, I have no doubt about that. So it is a waste. It's a waste as he should not have been given the job in the first place.

We could have started with a proper manager like Nigel Pearson and let him get on with it.

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 13:37 - Oct 23 with 2614 viewsLadbrokeR

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 13:30 - Oct 23 by freddieeddie

How can you not see that it is a waste. He will end up sacked, I have no doubt about that. So it is a waste. It's a waste as he should not have been given the job in the first place.

We could have started with a proper manager like Nigel Pearson and let him get on with it.

Mate Sir Alf or Benny was the wrong man for the job and should never have been given a 3 year deal. But we aren't a million miles from finding our way into the top 6 and there may well be some transitions that take place in order for that to be realised. That said i don't suport the view on October the 23rd that 'This is just a complete waste of a season'. Tell me this is a wind up.
This is just a complete waste of a season. on 13:49 - Oct 23 with 2574 viewsessextaxiboy

Why cant it be the season where we started to rebuild properly . stuck to the plan that we announced at the start and lived with the bumps along the way .

Why cant it be the season where a decent coach , a club legend and an experienced old war horse got together and moulded a team to go forward .

Why cant it be a season that re engaged the disillusioned fans that feel alienated by the "blowing in the wind " strategy and making the same mistakes over and over .

That wouldnt be a waste .........imo
This is just a complete waste of a season. on 13:54 - Oct 23 with 2556 viewsaston_hoop

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 13:49 - Oct 23 by essextaxiboy

Why cant it be the season where we started to rebuild properly . stuck to the plan that we announced at the start and lived with the bumps along the way .

Why cant it be the season where a decent coach , a club legend and an experienced old war horse got together and moulded a team to go forward .

Why cant it be a season that re engaged the disillusioned fans that feel alienated by the "blowing in the wind " strategy and making the same mistakes over and over .

because people want success yesterday. which is a real shame.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 13:55 - Oct 23 with 2555 viewsJordanFoster

On the upside, this season was always going to be a write off really. Nearly all the players signed will need this season to adjust and for them it will be about next season, even more so with the manager.

It's not that bad imo.
This is just a complete waste of a season. on 13:58 - Oct 23 with 2545 viewsbob566

its all about next season. a year to prepare and then hit it head on like Houghton is doing at brighton. That will be us next season. Wait till you see.
This is just a complete waste of a season. on 14:02 - Oct 23 with 2527 viewsJigsore

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 13:58 - Oct 23 by bob566

its all about next season. a year to prepare and then hit it head on like Houghton is doing at brighton. That will be us next season. Wait till you see.

Reading + Birmingham too. Thye might just be early pace setters but they're working together as a team brilliantly because they've had a relatively long amount of time to stabilise and work with each other.

I don't think we've really had a settled enough squad for anything like that amount of time since Warnock's tenure (pre PL)

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 14:10 - Oct 23 with 2500 viewsadhoc_qpr

The trouble is Ramsey is the wrong man and that will have to be addressed sooner or later.

If we keep him all season, finish 12th and then have a cracking summer bringing in some great players in the right positions - chances are Ramsey still won't be able to mould them into a promotion contender next season...

Then he'll just end up getting sacked in a years time and we'll be stuck looking for a manager again in mid-season.

I'd rather bite the bullet now, let Warnock steady the ship and search for a proper manager rather than an overpromoted youth coach.
This is just a complete waste of a season. on 14:16 - Oct 23 with 2477 viewsPinnerPaul

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 14:10 - Oct 23 by adhoc_qpr

The trouble is Ramsey is the wrong man and that will have to be addressed sooner or later.

If we keep him all season, finish 12th and then have a cracking summer bringing in some great players in the right positions - chances are Ramsey still won't be able to mould them into a promotion contender next season...

Then he'll just end up getting sacked in a years time and we'll be stuck looking for a manager again in mid-season.

I'd rather bite the bullet now, let Warnock steady the ship and search for a proper manager rather than an overpromoted youth coach.

Steady a ship that's 10th?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
This is just a complete waste of a season. on 14:19 - Oct 23 with 2470 viewsessextaxiboy

Well, thats your opinion and I respect it . You are certainly not alone .

Why cant Ramsey learn as the games go on , aided by Warnock 2 days a week.

Why cant Tuesdays defensive improvement continue and Charlie comes back and starts scoring ?

Why cant we stay in touch , maybe change a couple in Jan and go on a run ?

Why cant Ramsey finish the season as the Manager we hoped we would end up with ?

Its just how you choose to see it .. IMO
This is just a complete waste of a season. on 14:36 - Oct 23 with 2409 viewsToast_R

This is the first time in what, 7 years where we've not been battling either a promotion or relegation challenge?

This mid table lark is utterly dis-satisfactory.
Actually when we exit the FA Cup to someone utterly pointless in January, the season will be a dead rubber.
This is just a complete waste of a season. on 14:36 - Oct 23 with 2409 viewsTW_R

Based on the OP's comments haven't we wasted 75% of seasons over the club's history?
This is just a complete waste of a season. on 14:39 - Oct 23 with 2396 viewsPommyhoop

Listen to the Podcast.
Do you really think it is JUST about Chris Ramsey's ability as a coach.
We are a laughing stock and dead duck because of the shift in policy after a couple of games from consolidation ,steadying the ship and building into a proper football club.
Instead we have bottled it and are going to go back to type and try and jump before we can walk
chasing the golden Prem rainbow with a quick band aid fix.
But like Matt W and Clive said .There is no f'cking chance we are going up anyway.AND if by luck (last year was a bit lucky ,lets be honest) we do ,how long do you think we will last up there and how much MORE debt will we accure
We have killed the steadily growing chicken chasing that fat non existent golden goose..

Seriously .Listen to the podcast if you get a spare half hour..
[Post edited 23 Oct 2015 14:42]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 14:54 - Oct 23 with 2368 viewsfreddieeddie

Hahahaha is this a joke. Why you ask, cos the wrong man is in charge. CR is a lovely lovely fella but shouldn't have been put in the job.

Huge transitional period for us with lots of big decisions to make and we put LF and CR in pole position with no experience.

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 15:03 - Oct 23 with 2338 viewsessextaxiboy

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 14:54 - Oct 23 by freddieeddie

Hahahaha is this a joke. Why you ask, cos the wrong man is in charge. CR is a lovely lovely fella but shouldn't have been put in the job.

Huge transitional period for us with lots of big decisions to make and we put LF and CR in pole position with no experience.

How do you know he is the wrong man ?

Because he failed to keep us up with a failing Redknapp team full of ageing players with months left on their contract or players who felt they would transfer back into the Prem regardless with no transfer window after coming here as Sherwoods coach ?

Oh all this in one of the strongest divisions in the world ?

Or the 33% win ratio in the Champ with all the "raised expectation players " injured or in terrible form ?

Seems harsh IMO
[Post edited 23 Oct 2015 15:15]
This is just a complete waste of a season. on 15:19 - Oct 23 with 2307 viewsknocker

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 15:03 - Oct 23 by essextaxiboy

Because he failed to keep us up with a failing Redknapp team full of ageing players with months left on their contract or players who felt they would transfer back into the Prem regardless with no transfer window after coming here as Sherwoods coach ?

Or the 33% win ratio in the Champ with all the "raised expectation players " injured or in terrible form ?

Seems harsh IMO

Because the football has been dire and if there is not a major improvement in the next couple of games, he will surely be gone.
This is just a complete waste of a season. on 15:58 - Oct 23 with 2251 viewsessextaxiboy

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 15:19 - Oct 23 by knocker

Because the football has been dire and if there is not a major improvement in the next couple of games, he will surely be gone.

Why not ? Changing the manager has always worked in the past .....
This is just a complete waste of a season. on 16:00 - Oct 23 with 2245 viewsdaveB

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 15:19 - Oct 23 by knocker

Well if we don't get better then of course he will go but we should at least give him the few games
This is just a complete waste of a season. on 17:15 - Oct 23 with 2117 viewsadhoc_qpr

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 14:39 - Oct 23 by Pommyhoop

Listen to the Podcast.
Do you really think it is JUST about Chris Ramsey's ability as a coach.
We are a laughing stock and dead duck because of the shift in policy after a couple of games from consolidation ,steadying the ship and building into a proper football club.
Instead we have bottled it and are going to go back to type and try and jump before we can walk
chasing the golden Prem rainbow with a quick band aid fix.
But like Matt W and Clive said .There is no f'cking chance we are going up anyway.AND if by luck (last year was a bit lucky ,lets be honest) we do ,how long do you think we will last up there and how much MORE debt will we accure
We have killed the steadily growing chicken chasing that fat non existent golden goose..

Seriously .Listen to the podcast if you get a spare half hour..
[Post edited 23 Oct 2015 14:42]

I have listened to the podcast and I generally agree with what Clive and the guys say.

I do agree that QPR have many deep seated problems that need to be fixed.

I also agree that we are terrible at appointing managers.

But while changing the manager won't fix all our problems, i really believe that Chris Ramsey is underachieving with the ability of the squad we have. I also think he shows no signs of improving as a manager after 8 months in charge, so i'm not sure why we think he'll improve given another 8 months until the end of the season.

I think a better manager can get more out of our current squad, introduce a defined style of play, more structure and more consistency of performance. We've seen in the championship under Redknapp that this is how you challenge for promotion in this league.

In short, let DoF Les fix the long term issues at the club, appoint a manager to sort out the first team performance.
This is just a complete waste of a season. on 17:42 - Oct 23 with 2060 viewsPunteR

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 17:15 - Oct 23 by adhoc_qpr

I have listened to the podcast and I generally agree with what Clive and the guys say.

I do agree that QPR have many deep seated problems that need to be fixed.

I also agree that we are terrible at appointing managers.

But while changing the manager won't fix all our problems, i really believe that Chris Ramsey is underachieving with the ability of the squad we have. I also think he shows no signs of improving as a manager after 8 months in charge, so i'm not sure why we think he'll improve given another 8 months until the end of the season.

I think a better manager can get more out of our current squad, introduce a defined style of play, more structure and more consistency of performance. We've seen in the championship under Redknapp that this is how you challenge for promotion in this league.

In short, let DoF Les fix the long term issues at the club, appoint a manager to sort out the first team performance.

" let DoF Les fix the long term issues at the club, appoint a manager to sort out the first team performance".
This won't happen overnight either.

"I also agree that we are terrible at appointing managers. "
So why sack one that's doing an ok job. We're mid table. No dramas.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 18:01 - Oct 23 with 2025 viewssevenhoop

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 15:03 - Oct 23 by essextaxiboy

Seems harsh IMO

for me, it's because of his ridiculous selection of Karl Henry, week in, week out, when there were better players throughout the squad or, if not there, he could have gone to Gunnersbury Park on a Sunday morning and got someone from there on loan who would have been better. And then he finally drops him and leaves out Fer. That's enough evidence for me.

Yet again, I am doubtful about using my season ticket tomorrow. I'm completely broken after all these years
This is just a complete waste of a season. on 19:07 - Oct 23 with 1934 viewsfrancisbowles

I thought we had a defined style of play i.e. 4231. In fact some on here are moaning that we don't change it at all. It is however, the same system we used with NW when we won the league.

The reason that Fer was left out is that we needed Luongo's legs and work rate in the team especially with Henry being dropped as for all his poor form he did run around a bit. I may be wrong as I wasn't there but Fer may not have been very good at Birmingham.
This is just a complete waste of a season. on 19:54 - Oct 23 with 1870 viewsHooparoo

I feel completely uninspired this season. Being a football fan in Australia means rolling out of bed early on Sunday to check the scores from overnight. This season, I take my time before looking at the news. Expectations of seeing anything exciting or inspiring in our match reports for me is pretty much at an all time low.

I feel sorry for all you poor buggers who shelled out for season tickets. Ramsey's stupid game management used to make me angry now I just expect to see stories of stupid decisions and can't be bothered to react anymore.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

This is just a complete waste of a season. on 20:44 - Oct 23 with 1792 viewsactonman

A decent manager would have sorted this team out by now

We still have no clue what our best team is or what formation to play

I have seen us win 3 home games since February with Ramsey in charge ( just think about that for a minute ) then think about those 3 games

A lucky injury time winner against Bolton , a win against the mighty Rotherham and a win against one of the worse premier league teams not to be relegated due to us being even worse !

Yes I agree Freddie , the minute Ramsay was given the gig we may as well have just pssed this years parachute payments up the wall
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024