Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton Council 19:08 - Apr 20 with 1506 viewsQPRDave

What a bunch of leftwing looney toons.
http://news.sky.com/story/1681865/council-proud-of-asking-kids-to-choose-gender?
Wonder what they'll do if parents report back their 4 yr old wants to be a horsey when they grow up!
Brighton Council on 19:20 - Apr 20 with 1472 viewsRangersw12

Just let kids be kids ffs
Brighton Council on 19:33 - Apr 20 with 1444 viewsTheBlob

The inmates truly are in control of the asylum.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Brighton Council on 20:35 - Apr 20 with 1346 viewsJuzzie

This is why I feel russian people (not the looney governments in charge) get a bad rap on this matter. By and large they are not homophobic despite what people want to think. I've met many who are just ordinary family people with ordinary jobs like any one of us.

They would feel the same way about this. They dont have anti-gay laws, what they are against is teaching kids about this sort of stuff while they are still minors. As said, they just want kids to be kids too then when they are old enough then they can find out about this sort of thing.

Sure, i do think many people are still stuck in the 80's a bit but in time that will change just like it did here but on the whole most people just think kids should not be exposed to this sort of teaching until they are old enough to understand.

Does that sound fair or will the homophobe card still be brandished?
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 20:38]
Brighton Council on 20:54 - Apr 20 with 1289 viewsBrightonhoop

Dont know what all the fuss is about. It's not the 1950's. If you limit childrens education what's the point of sending them to school?

In the dark ages you could be hung to death for whistling on a Tuesday. We'd still be there without more enlightened times. There is plenty of provision in law and a very complex process for even Adults to undergo a sex change.

Typical Murdoch press reaction to everyday stuff basically.

And my last Brighton MP was Tory, claims more than twice his salary in expenses alone and voted to steal £30 a week off the disabled. There are far more worthy targets for outrage chaps, they dont just live amongst us but run the country.
Brighton Council on 21:03 - Apr 20 with 1265 viewsTacticalR

Brighton Council should bring in a scheme to award goals to disadvantaged goalless London teams.

Air hostess clique

Brighton Council on 21:07 - Apr 20 with 1253 viewskensalriser

Brighton Council on 20:35 - Apr 20 by Juzzie

This is why I feel russian people (not the looney governments in charge) get a bad rap on this matter. By and large they are not homophobic despite what people want to think. I've met many who are just ordinary family people with ordinary jobs like any one of us.

They would feel the same way about this. They dont have anti-gay laws, what they are against is teaching kids about this sort of stuff while they are still minors. As said, they just want kids to be kids too then when they are old enough then they can find out about this sort of thing.

Sure, i do think many people are still stuck in the 80's a bit but in time that will change just like it did here but on the whole most people just think kids should not be exposed to this sort of teaching until they are old enough to understand.

I think you're deluding yourself about Russia. There are way too many stories about rampant and politically backed homophobia for it all to be made up. Here's one from the not very left wing New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/19/opinion/fueling-homophobia-in-russia.html?_r=0

Although I don't what Russia has to do with the Brighton story.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Brighton Council on 21:25 - Apr 20 with 1212 viewsBrightonhoop

Brighton Council on 21:07 - Apr 20 by kensalriser

I think you're deluding yourself about Russia. There are way too many stories about rampant and politically backed homophobia for it all to be made up. Here's one from the not very left wing New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/19/opinion/fueling-homophobia-in-russia.html?_r=0

Although I don't what Russia has to do with the Brighton story.

Commies!
Brighton Council on 22:51 - Apr 20 with 1106 viewsQPR_Jim

I don't get what the fuss is about just asking them a question, not teaching them anything or putting ideas in their heads.
Login to get fewer ads

Brighton Council on 23:57 - Apr 20 with 1028 viewsPunteR

Ridiculous. Why would an adult question a child whether they feel more boy, girl or other.?
Of course there are rare cases of children whose gender is mixed, hormones imbalance or some other physical issue, I guess this is who they're trying to help to establish who they are? The parents might know...
My kids at 4 wanted to be a dog, a ninja turtle and a fairy...( Brighton councillor strokes chin, "a fairy?......interesting")
Councillor -" so if your a dog, are you a boy dog or girl dog?
4 year old Child-" Woof woof"
Councillor - " ok let me put it another way, which ninja turtle are you?
4 year old -" Raphael "
Councillor - " your gay, I'll send a letter out to your school"
[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 0:11]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Brighton Council on 00:45 - Apr 21 with 989 viewsDeepcutHoop

Brighton Council on 20:35 - Apr 20 by Juzzie

Meh, we expose the vast majority to religion as early as possible, far more damaging to impressionable minds than one place asking a silly question about gender.

Brighton Council on 07:33 - Apr 21 with 902 viewsPunteR

Brighton Council on 00:45 - Apr 21 by DeepcutHoop

Meh, we expose the vast majority to religion as early as possible, far more damaging to impressionable minds than one place asking a silly question about gender.

Brighton councillor (or whoever)-" next question. Do you feel more christian, Muslim, or Atheist?"
4 year old- "cowabunga!"

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024