Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Marathon 16:21 - Apr 21 with 2508 viewsstowmarketrange

I have volunteered to be a course marshall on Sunday at the London Marathon,and I'll be around the 15/16 mile mark somewhere.I've been told that I'll be along West Ferry Road or the the Limehouse Causeway.
If there are any QPR fans mad enough to be running on Sunday and a marshall shouts encouragement at you,that will be me.
Good luck to those stupid enough to want to run 26 miles.
London Marathon on 17:15 - Apr 21 with 2482 viewsMytch_QPR

Oi!

I just did Brighton last Sunday and I'm not stupid (legs still ache a bit, mind you). I did London last year - will do it again some day before my legs give out. Enjoy it - you may even be inspired to give it a go (and also, on behalf of all stupid / mad runners - thanks for volunteering - marshalls are essential for such a major event).

PS - if you see any runners in Chelsea shirts, trip them up. It's only correct.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

London Marathon on 17:21 - Apr 21 with 2472 viewsstowmarketrange

London Marathon on 17:15 - Apr 21 by Mytch_QPR

Oi!

I just did Brighton last Sunday and I'm not stupid (legs still ache a bit, mind you). I did London last year - will do it again some day before my legs give out. Enjoy it - you may even be inspired to give it a go (and also, on behalf of all stupid / mad runners - thanks for volunteering - marshalls are essential for such a major event).

PS - if you see any runners in Chelsea shirts, trip them up. It's only correct.

I meant to say mad enough.I used to do 1/2 marathons and that was as far as I ever wanted to go.I am walking 26 miles over the 3 highest peaks in Yorkshire for Marie Curie in July,but I'd never run that far.
London Marathon on 17:25 - Apr 21 with 2466 viewsAgedR

I'm there Stowmarket!!

I'll write on my hand to shout "URRSS!!" at around mile 16, although it may be "oh my god I'm dieing".

Fantastic stuff from all the folks like you who volunteer on the day. You make it really.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

London Marathon on 17:37 - Apr 21 with 2452 viewsFearless

I volunteered on the lucozade drinks staring at 23.5 miles last year - you'll love it

Gave out plenty of "You R's!" too

Enjoy
London Marathon on 19:18 - Apr 21 with 2419 viewsstowmarketrange

London Marathon on 17:25 - Apr 21 by AgedR

I'm there Stowmarket!!

I'll write on my hand to shout "URRSS!!" at around mile 16, although it may be "oh my god I'm dieing".

Fantastic stuff from all the folks like you who volunteer on the day. You make it really.

I do get a free packed lunch and a cup of tea,so it sounds like heaven to me.
London Marathon on 20:40 - Apr 21 with 2384 viewsHantsR

London Marathon on 17:25 - Apr 21 by AgedR

I'm there Stowmarket!!

Are you being sponsored/ fundraising? If so and there is a Justgiving link I would always be kindly disposed to a fellow agedR
[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 20:41]
London Marathon on 22:14 - Apr 21 with 2350 viewsPlanetHonneywood

26.2!

The .2 bit is often the hardest....bloody lazy royals!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

London Marathon on 08:12 - Apr 22 with 2292 viewsAgedR

London Marathon on 20:40 - Apr 21 by HantsR

Are you being sponsored/ fundraising? If so and there is a Justgiving link I would always be kindly disposed to a fellow agedR
[Post edited 21 Apr 2016 20:41]

Very kind

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Neil-Pads-Mason

URRS!

Login to get fewer ads

London Marathon on 08:15 - Apr 22 with 2288 viewsDorse

Radcliffe won't be running so the competitors won't have to jog around anything unpleasant.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

London Marathon on 09:21 - Apr 22 with 2265 viewsNeil_SI

I am going to watch it in the flesh for the first time on Sunday. Have always wanted to, so if anybody on here is running — drop me your bib number and I'll keep a look out for you!
London Marathon on 10:27 - Apr 22 with 2239 viewsPlanetHonneywood

London Marathon on 09:21 - Apr 22 by Neil_SI

I am going to watch it in the flesh for the first time on Sunday. Have always wanted to, so if anybody on here is running — drop me your bib number and I'll keep a look out for you!

Of all the sporting days I have experienced, the LM is one of the very best.

Indeed of the marathons I ran, London is the best. The spirit of London really shines out. Hopefully the weather won't misbehave because let me assure you, standing around and cheering for a few hours is a marathon is itself hard going and if the weather is crappy, harder still.

Spotting numbers is hard, so I think its best people tell us what garb they will be wearing. Garish yellow is easier to spot among the masses then 25,689.

Heading up there myself to watch three friends, two are Hoops. Looking forward to it immensely.

Enjoy. You will....oh and Neil, have you ever thought of running?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

London Marathon on 12:18 - Apr 22 with 2199 viewsNorthernr

London Marathon on 10:27 - Apr 22 by PlanetHonneywood

Indeed of the marathons I ran, London is the best. The spirit of London really shines out. Hopefully the weather won't misbehave because let me assure you, standing around and cheering for a few hours is a marathon is itself hard going and if the weather is crappy, harder still.

Spotting numbers is hard, so I think its best people tell us what garb they will be wearing. Garish yellow is easier to spot among the masses then 25,689.

Heading up there myself to watch three friends, two are Hoops. Looking forward to it immensely.

London Marathon on 12:24 - Apr 22 with 2190 viewsJeff

Mrs Jeff, a QPR Season Ticket Holder, is running, and is bib number 26404.

She'll be in a Clapham Chasers running top and a QPR cap, and would respond favorably to 'You R's!' shouts!

Can we not knock it?

London Marathon on 14:51 - Apr 22 with 2137 viewsMoonshineSteve

Good luck people. Didn't get a place in London but on Sunday (and starting an hour earlier than you) I'll be in Stratford upon Avon doing the Shakespeare marathon. Don't suppose there'll be many Rs up there but send me some supportive vibes.

And hats off to marshals, your input really is appreciated, even if we find it hard to articulate it at times.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

London Marathon on 15:05 - Apr 22 with 2124 viewsNeil_SI

London Marathon on 12:18 - Apr 22 by Northernr

Shut it you...
London Marathon on 15:06 - Apr 22 with 2119 viewsNeil_SI

London Marathon on 10:27 - Apr 22 by PlanetHonneywood

I actually wanted the numbers so I could add them to the Virgin Marathon app to easily track people as they run around.
London Marathon on 15:10 - Apr 22 with 2112 viewsHantsR

London Marathon on 08:12 - Apr 22 by AgedR

Very kind

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Neil-Pads-Mason

URRS!

Sorted - go well!
London Marathon on 20:04 - Apr 22 with 2043 viewsAgedR

London Marathon on 15:10 - Apr 22 by HantsR

Sorted - go well!

So generous from quite a number of my LFW associates.

Thank you for your kindness. URRS! (and also on this occasion COYWS as well)

Neil the number is 36558, you'll note it just behind the blokes dressed as a pantomime cow.

London Marathon on 18:45 - Apr 24 with 1960 viewsstowmarketrange

I was positioned right by the entrance to the lime house link tunnel at 24km.I did see one QPR in an Air Asia shirt,and just before him I spotted and called to Clarke Carlisle.He did wave back.
London Marathon on 19:38 - Apr 24 with 1925 viewsNeil_SI

I really enjoyed it and am pleased I went to watch.

I need to be better prepared next time, because it does take careful planning should you want to take photos of it, or try to take photos of people you know.

But it was awesome, here's some snaps I did get, including spotting Chris Kemp, a long time QPR fan who goes home and away.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156708718400417.1073741841.544725416
London Marathon on 19:58 - Apr 24 with 1896 viewsPlanetHonneywood

London Marathon on 18:45 - Apr 24 by stowmarketrange

I was positioned right by the entrance to the lime house link tunnel at 24km.I did see one QPR in an Air Asia shirt,and just before him I spotted and called to Clarke Carlisle.He did wave back.

Was at 18, saw Chris Kemp, naturally abused as I usually do. Only one other R spotted.

But funny thing, a fella ran past me and I thought how much he looked like Clarke Carlisle. Turned out it was him then.

As ever, great day.

London Marathon on 20:32 - Apr 24 with 1871 viewsAgedR

Thanks to everyone who was there supporting. You were amazing!

Got round in 3.57!

Pretty happy and now drinking whisky!

London Marathon on 21:10 - Apr 24 with 1838 viewsHayesender

Which one of you was in charge of looking after the water?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024