Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six years into a 12-month stay, Hill bids sad farewell — Column 21:50 - May 11 with 1844 viewsNorthernr

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/42831
Six years into a 12-month stay, Hill bids sad farewell — Column on 21:58 - May 11 with 1818 viewsbosh67

Fantastic player, leader, human being. Hope he will come back and be a glorious manager for us one day soon.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Six years into a 12-month stay, Hill bids sad farewell — Column on 22:50 - May 11 with 1703 viewsLblock

Christ on a three wheeler bike.... just read and listened again to the video interviews.

What.
A.
Man.

Bumped into him a couple of times going past the ground pre-match and always, always. always had time for the fans that stopped him for photo's, autographs, handshakes etc.

I think Warnock will snap him up. If not then you never know....

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Six years into a 12-month stay, Hill bids sad farewell — Column on 23:03 - May 11 with 1670 viewsPunteR

I think i've got something in my eye...

You've summed the man up well Northern...Great piece.
We're gonna miss him. I really hope Jimmy knows what he's doing.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Six years into a 12-month stay, Hill bids sad farewell — Column on 00:23 - May 12 with 1594 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think it's been nearly twenty years since I dealt in 'heroes'. It's just not me. My heroes are the fans.

Hill is different though. In the last twenty years only Dunne has been better at centre-back for us, and Hill was here before and after Dunne, long enough to become part of the fabric of the club. He leaves a glorious legacy behind him.

Thanks for the piece, Clive - there's a lot of love in that prose.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Six years into a 12-month stay, Hill bids sad farewell — Column on 00:38 - May 12 with 1584 viewsWilloW4

The last paragraph sums it up for me.. Superb.!! We just liked watching Clint Hill.
Six years into a 12-month stay, Hill bids sad farewell — Column on 01:00 - May 12 with 1566 viewsDeepcutHoop

Nice one Clive.

Hope Clint gets to see this.

I made my sister pass on my personal thanks to Clint this morning when she dropped off her kids at school. She didn't pass on the manly hug I asked her to give him though. Disappointing
Six years into a 12-month stay, Hill bids sad farewell — Column on 06:17 - May 12 with 1491 viewswestberksr

Great write up Clive.

One player above all others that the fans can relate to for wearing the hoops the way we all probably think we would, given the chance.

LR will be a lesser place next year without Clint in attendance. As a CB myself i've always had a soft spot for Hill anyway, does all of the simple stuff brilliantly well.
Six years into a 12-month stay, Hill bids sad farewell — Column on 15:48 - May 12 with 1074 viewsHarbour

Great write up Clive thanks for capturing the deep affection and admiration we as fans have for Clint the man and Clint the player will be a big miss hope we see him back at LR one day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024