Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Croatia. 19:06 - Jun 17 with 2974 viewsconnell10

Gotta be kick out surely!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Croatia. on 19:15 - Jun 17 with 2948 viewsrrrspricey

Not necessarily, Russians were letting off flares and fired one into the England fans and still only got a suspended ban

....and don't call me Shirley
Croatia. on 19:25 - Jun 17 with 2915 viewsTacticalR

The authorities should have investigated their bum bags.

Air hostess clique

Croatia. on 19:54 - Jun 17 with 2802 viewsDeepcutHoop

They'll get the same as the Russians.

The Croatian fans seem in self-destruct mode, they may well do it again.]]
Croatia. on 19:55 - Jun 17 with 2795 viewsjohncharles

Strange, they seem to be fighting amongst themselves. Maybe the proper fans turned on the knobheads who threw the flare.
It's a nice thought.

Strong and stable my arse.

Croatia. on 19:57 - Jun 17 with 2783 viewsbosh67

Croatia. on 19:15 - Jun 17 by rrrspricey

Not necessarily, Russians were letting off flares and fired one into the England fans and still only got a suspended ban

....and don't call me Shirley

beat me to that punchline.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Croatia. on 19:58 - Jun 17 with 2781 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Croatia. on 19:55 - Jun 17 by johncharles

Strange, they seem to be fighting amongst themselves. Maybe the proper fans turned on the knobheads who threw the flare.
It's a nice thought.

Most likely Dinamo Zagreb fans fighting with Hajduk Split fans, crazy I know but the same thing happens at Serbia games as Red Star fans have to be segregated from Partizan fans in case they have a ruck.

The flare going off in that chaps face looked nasty, their punishment could all depend on how seriously he was hurt.
Croatia. on 20:00 - Jun 17 with 2771 viewsDeepcutHoop

Croatia. on 19:58 - Jun 17 by Orthodox_Hoop

Most likely Dinamo Zagreb fans fighting with Hajduk Split fans, crazy I know but the same thing happens at Serbia games as Red Star fans have to be segregated from Partizan fans in case they have a ruck.

The flare going off in that chaps face looked nasty, their punishment could all depend on how seriously he was hurt.

It went off just before he picked it up, could have been worse.

He may be hearing buzzing for a few days though....
Croatia. on 20:45 - Jun 17 with 2677 viewsQPR_Jim

Never seen anything like it tbh, hope the steward is OK and fair play to the players calling for calm from their fans.

It was hard after that not to want the Czech 's to equalise, which is a shame a Croatia played some great football.
Login to get fewer ads

Croatia. on 21:10 - Jun 17 with 2605 viewsJigsore

They were protesting against the corrupt Croatian FA although obviously that's not the way to do it. I'm guessing the fighting is between the idiots and people trying to get them to stop chucking flares and ruining their team's chances

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Croatia. on 21:52 - Jun 17 with 2501 viewsrrrspricey

Reminded me of Wales in 70s/80s when Cardiff & Swansea fans used to have a proper punch up between themselves.
Croatia. on 22:08 - Jun 17 with 2473 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Croatia. on 21:52 - Jun 17 by rrrspricey

Reminded me of Wales in 70s/80s when Cardiff & Swansea fans used to have a proper punch up between themselves.

Or the milk cup final when Notting Hill fought Shepherds Bush.
Croatia. on 23:10 - Jun 17 with 2369 viewskingsburyR

Croatia. on 22:08 - Jun 17 by oldmeadoniansR

I was young back then....did that really happen?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Croatia. on 02:01 - Jun 18 with 2262 viewsMatch82

Croatia. on 23:10 - Jun 17 by kingsburyR

I was young back then....did that really happen?

The milk cup final in 1985? No. No, it didn't.
Croatia. on 06:00 - Jun 18 with 2197 viewshoopdog

Surely no one wants their eye candy kicked out
Croatia. on 11:27 - Jun 18 with 2039 viewsfrancisbowles

Problem for Uefa is that if you expell a team before they have played their third match then how do you settle on best third placed teams, if some have played only twice?
Croatia. on 12:14 - Jun 18 with 2003 viewsBoston

Croatia. on 22:08 - Jun 17 by oldmeadoniansR

Wasn't that more Notting Hill v Ladbroke Grove, with a few outsiders thrown into the mix?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Croatia. on 12:22 - Jun 18 with 1994 viewsngbqpr

In the years when there was no Wembley and England were 'on tour', Newcastle & Sunderland fans rucked at a game at SoL

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Croatia. on 12:31 - Jun 18 with 1983 viewsTacticalR

The in-fighting is about one man's hold over Croatian football

'To gain an understanding of what is at the root of the problem in Croatia, one simply needs to look at Zdravko Mamic. Recently named 46 on ESPN’s most influential people in football. He is the executive director of the Croatian football club Dinamo Zagreb and also acts as the Vice President of the Croatian Football Federation (CFF). Though he holds the title of Vice President of CFF it is widely known that he is the man in charge and the dictator of Croatian football.'

'Mamic, wielding power that no one else in Croatian football enjoys, hasn’t been shy in his punishment as he’s formed a blacklist of approximately 2,000 Dinamo fans who are no longer able to attend matches, both at home or on the road. Mamic has also closed off sections of the Maksimir Stadium where fans chanted anti-Mamic demands that he lose his position. Despite rivalries in the league with Dinamo, fans from rival clubs have shown an admirable amount of support for the beleaguered club and have also found themselves on a similar blacklist.

Dinamo’s home is the 40,000 capacity Maksimir Stadium, a stadium which now sometimes struggles to draw 1,000 fans for home games. How can this be? Through a system of boycotting, but more dire, blacklisting at the behest of Mamic. As the most powerful man in the Croatian football federation, Mamic has the power to keep anyone opposing him out of the Maksimir and since Dinamo’s fanbase is a proud one and one aware of the many shady dealings happening behind closed doors, Mamic has spared no expense in showing them his wrath.

Of course, it’s not just Dinamo’s fans who suffer; the opposing fans are naturally punished as well. Hajduk fans, for example, have seen their tickets turned away and have even been held by the police away from the stadium despite not having any criminal records. For this trouble, the club has even been fined even though the club itself did nothing wrong, such is Mamic’s control of the league.

The corruption is so deep-rooted that it even involves players, whether they knew they were partaking in questionable practices or not. Modric, the most high-profile Croatian footballer in the world, is someone whose transfer has come under question. Mamic and his brother, along with former Dinamo club director, are accused of pocketing more than half of the 21 million Euro transfer fee, that less than 50 percent of the fee was actually received by the club and not these three individuals. That’s not where it ends though, as Modric is obligated to give 20 percent of his earnings to Mamic for as long as he’s playing according to Croatian journalist Aleksandar Holiga. Modric isn’t the only one whose money directly fills Mamic’s pockets as high-profile players such as Mandzukic and Mario Kovacic allegedly face the same practice.'

The sad state of Croatian football
http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/10/16/the-sad-state-of-croatian-football/

Air hostess clique

Croatia. on 13:45 - Jun 18 with 1922 viewsterryb

Croatia. on 12:31 - Jun 18 by TacticalR

The in-fighting is about one man's hold over Croatian football

'To gain an understanding of what is at the root of the problem in Croatia, one simply needs to look at Zdravko Mamic. Recently named 46 on ESPN’s most influential people in football. He is the executive director of the Croatian football club Dinamo Zagreb and also acts as the Vice President of the Croatian Football Federation (CFF). Though he holds the title of Vice President of CFF it is widely known that he is the man in charge and the dictator of Croatian football.'

'Mamic, wielding power that no one else in Croatian football enjoys, hasn’t been shy in his punishment as he’s formed a blacklist of approximately 2,000 Dinamo fans who are no longer able to attend matches, both at home or on the road. Mamic has also closed off sections of the Maksimir Stadium where fans chanted anti-Mamic demands that he lose his position. Despite rivalries in the league with Dinamo, fans from rival clubs have shown an admirable amount of support for the beleaguered club and have also found themselves on a similar blacklist.

Dinamo’s home is the 40,000 capacity Maksimir Stadium, a stadium which now sometimes struggles to draw 1,000 fans for home games. How can this be? Through a system of boycotting, but more dire, blacklisting at the behest of Mamic. As the most powerful man in the Croatian football federation, Mamic has the power to keep anyone opposing him out of the Maksimir and since Dinamo’s fanbase is a proud one and one aware of the many shady dealings happening behind closed doors, Mamic has spared no expense in showing them his wrath.

Of course, it’s not just Dinamo’s fans who suffer; the opposing fans are naturally punished as well. Hajduk fans, for example, have seen their tickets turned away and have even been held by the police away from the stadium despite not having any criminal records. For this trouble, the club has even been fined even though the club itself did nothing wrong, such is Mamic’s control of the league.

The corruption is so deep-rooted that it even involves players, whether they knew they were partaking in questionable practices or not. Modric, the most high-profile Croatian footballer in the world, is someone whose transfer has come under question. Mamic and his brother, along with former Dinamo club director, are accused of pocketing more than half of the 21 million Euro transfer fee, that less than 50 percent of the fee was actually received by the club and not these three individuals. That’s not where it ends though, as Modric is obligated to give 20 percent of his earnings to Mamic for as long as he’s playing according to Croatian journalist Aleksandar Holiga. Modric isn’t the only one whose money directly fills Mamic’s pockets as high-profile players such as Mandzukic and Mario Kovacic allegedly face the same practice.'

The sad state of Croatian football
http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/10/16/the-sad-state-of-croatian-football/

He must have seen The Four Year Plan when Briatore was asking for the names of all the fans that opposed him!

Don't tell him Pike!
Croatia. on 13:51 - Jun 18 with 1913 viewsDeepcutHoop

Croatia. on 13:45 - Jun 18 by terryb

He must have seen The Four Year Plan when Briatore was asking for the names of all the fans that opposed him!

Don't tell him Pike!

That's appalling!
Croatia. on 21:53 - Jun 18 with 1734 viewsNortholt_Rs

Croatia. on 02:01 - Jun 18 by Match82

The milk cup final in 1985? No. No, it didn't.

Kicked off big time at Wembley during the FA Cup final replay against Spuds.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024