Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
C'mon Tipp! 15:28 - Aug 21 with 2801 viewsMrSheen

Completely unknown territory, two finals would be incredible.
C'mon Tipp! on 15:45 - Aug 21 with 1866 viewsMrSheen

Terrible finishing by both sides so far to be fair. You could put all 30 of them on the pitch against Dublin and they'd start as underdogs.
C'mon Tipp! on 16:52 - Aug 21 with 1820 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's a shocking game. Very hard to watch.

I have cousins in Castelbar so I'm supporting Mayo in this one. But, damn! They make it hard to like them.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

C'mon Tipp! on 17:03 - Aug 21 with 1812 viewsMrSheen

C'mon Tipp! on 16:52 - Aug 21 by BrianMcCarthy

It's a shocking game. Very hard to watch.

I have cousins in Castelbar so I'm supporting Mayo in this one. But, damn! They make it hard to like them.

My grandmother was from the other side of Lough Mask so I will have some interest in the final (but they won't win).
C'mon Tipp! on 19:03 - Aug 21 with 1735 viewsBrianMcCarthy

C'mon Tipp! on 17:03 - Aug 21 by MrSheen

My grandmother was from the other side of Lough Mask so I will have some interest in the final (but they won't win).

You're right I'm afraid. can't see them bothering Dublin.

C'mon Tipp! on 19:07 - Aug 21 with 1724 viewsWatfordR

C'mon Tipp! on 19:03 - Aug 21 by BrianMcCarthy

You're right I'm afraid. can't see them bothering Dublin.

Think Tipp may well beat Kilkenny in the hurling though. They've been impressive right the way through so far.
C'mon Tipp! on 19:31 - Aug 21 with 1709 viewsBrianMcCarthy

C'mon Tipp! on 19:07 - Aug 21 by WatfordR

Think Tipp may well beat Kilkenny in the hurling though. They've been impressive right the way through so far.

Tipp have the hurlers but it's always a guess as to whether they'll have the hearts and clear heads to play Kilknenny.

C'mon Tipp! on 20:15 - Aug 21 with 1688 viewsMrSheen

C'mon Tipp! on 19:31 - Aug 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Tipp have the hurlers but it's always a guess as to whether they'll have the hearts and clear heads to play Kilknenny.

Too right. I was desperate for Waterford to beat Kilkenny, because Tipp had beaten them by five goals in the Munster final. They won't have the same good feeling playing the perennial champions, even if they aren't what they were. The Hurling semis were magnificent though.
C'mon Tipp! on 21:10 - Aug 21 with 1658 viewsthorpebankR

Up Tipp think it's our year in the hurling five week gap to the semi can only improve I hope!
Login to get fewer ads

C'mon Tipp! on 22:13 - Aug 21 with 1604 viewsPlanetHonneywood

My dad was from Tipp and a cousin of mine played in the All-Irelands for them in the 80s and 90s.

Its hurling country, but you watch any of those who play hurling/Gaelic footy and no poncing around feigning injury. Pwaper!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

C'mon Tipp! on 10:57 - Aug 22 with 1528 viewsA40Bosh

Sorry lads, had a lot on this year and have not been following the Hurling at all, I didn't realize that we are so close to the final again all ready.

1. Was it a good campaign in terms of entertaining hurling?
2. Who was good, who was bad?
3. Who were the surprise package this year?
4. Whose turn is it to play Kilkenny in the final this year?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

C'mon Tipp! on 11:00 - Aug 22 with 1514 viewsrobith

Another Sam for Dublin then
C'mon Tipp! on 12:14 - Aug 22 with 1494 viewsWatfordR

C'mon Tipp! on 20:15 - Aug 21 by MrSheen

Too right. I was desperate for Waterford to beat Kilkenny, because Tipp had beaten them by five goals in the Munster final. They won't have the same good feeling playing the perennial champions, even if they aren't what they were. The Hurling semis were magnificent though.

Tipp have certainly looked hungry enough to me. Before the Waterford game, they hammered LImerick playing a man short for the majority of the game, although the eventual winning margin was only four points (I think). With equal numbers they'd have won by 20 points or so.
C'mon Tipp! on 12:38 - Aug 22 with 1471 viewsMrSheen

C'mon Tipp! on 22:13 - Aug 21 by PlanetHonneywood

My dad was from Tipp and a cousin of mine played in the All-Irelands for them in the 80s and 90s.

Its hurling country, but you watch any of those who play hurling/Gaelic footy and no poncing around feigning injury. Pwaper!!

Sadly, a fair bit of play-acting and ref-swarming has crept into GAA, particularly football. There are ridiculous stories of ref abuse in club games.

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/wicklowpeople/sport/other-sports/wicklow-gaa
C'mon Tipp! on 12:43 - Aug 22 with 1464 viewsMrSheen

C'mon Tipp! on 10:57 - Aug 22 by A40Bosh

Sorry lads, had a lot on this year and have not been following the Hurling at all, I didn't realize that we are so close to the final again all ready.

You didn't see Kilkenny's two semis against Waterford then? Wonderful games. They came back to draw the first after being six points down with ten minutes left, then won the replay by two points with the last score of the game after the equalising point was knocked down from over the bar by their goalkeeper. Tipperary were completely off form in their semi against Galway until they scored two goals in the last ten minutes to win by a point. The qualifiers may be one-sided and last for ever, but the finals have been magnificent.
C'mon Tipp! on 13:11 - Aug 22 with 1442 viewsstonebridgers

C'mon Tipp! on 12:43 - Aug 22 by MrSheen

You didn't see Kilkenny's two semis against Waterford then? Wonderful games. They came back to draw the first after being six points down with ten minutes left, then won the replay by two points with the last score of the game after the equalising point was knocked down from over the bar by their goalkeeper. Tipperary were completely off form in their semi against Galway until they scored two goals in the last ten minutes to win by a point. The qualifiers may be one-sided and last for ever, but the finals have been magnificent.

My Dad is from Waterford and I am married to a woman from Kilkenny we attended the first game at Croke Park with the kids. Fantastic game but gutted to draw as we were the better team I told my wife with 5 minutes to go there was a goal in the game somewhere as you cant write off the cats. I though KK were the better team in the replay and have no complaints but gutted in the way it happened. I think KK have been the team to beat for years and there was always this fear factor about them but after seeing how close the Deise pushed them the men from Tipp should have no fears. It should make for a good final with the rivalry between the 2 counties. I think it will be close again. As for Waterford we have a team for the future and Austin Gleeson is an outstanding player for his age.

Stonebridgers

C'mon Tipp! on 13:20 - Aug 22 with 1434 viewsA40Bosh

C'mon Tipp! on 13:11 - Aug 22 by stonebridgers

My Dad is from Waterford and I am married to a woman from Kilkenny we attended the first game at Croke Park with the kids. Fantastic game but gutted to draw as we were the better team I told my wife with 5 minutes to go there was a goal in the game somewhere as you cant write off the cats. I though KK were the better team in the replay and have no complaints but gutted in the way it happened. I think KK have been the team to beat for years and there was always this fear factor about them but after seeing how close the Deise pushed them the men from Tipp should have no fears. It should make for a good final with the rivalry between the 2 counties. I think it will be close again. As for Waterford we have a team for the future and Austin Gleeson is an outstanding player for his age.

Yes, I was talking with my Dub based colleague this morning and he was saying firstly that after yesterday's Croke Park performance neither Kerry nor Dublin seem to have nothing really to fear from Mayo, who really did not use their vast superiority in terms of experience of the team over an up and coming young Tipp team.

He also reckons the day might be growing dark now for the Kilkenny dominance since 2000 and that with a few more of the key KK players now retiring the last couple of years, it may be the start of a rebuild and allow others to come to dominance now if they up their game.

Looking forwards to next Sunday's semi in the football and then then main event against Tipp.

Up da Cats!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

C'mon Tipp! on 13:27 - Aug 22 with 1429 viewsBrianMcCarthy

C'mon Tipp! on 12:38 - Aug 22 by MrSheen

Sadly, a fair bit of play-acting and ref-swarming has crept into GAA, particularly football. There are ridiculous stories of ref abuse in club games.

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/wicklowpeople/sport/other-sports/wicklow-gaa

I'm not opening that, Sheeny. The Indo must run that "GAA is evil" article once a month. For some reason they have a real axe to grind with Wickla.

C'mon Tipp! on 13:31 - Aug 22 with 1420 viewsBrianMcCarthy

C'mon Tipp! on 10:57 - Aug 22 by A40Bosh

1. Damn good. Best since 2013, maybe even better.
2. The four semi-finalists were much better than the rest.
3. Waterford's continued resurgence is pleasantly surprising
4. Arra sure, doesn't matter, they won't keep it pucked out to them!

C'mon Tipp! on 13:31 - Aug 22 with 1414 viewsBrianMcCarthy

C'mon Tipp! on 13:11 - Aug 22 by stonebridgers

Gleeson's an incredible player.

C'mon Tipp! on 13:39 - Aug 22 with 1398 viewsBrianMcCarthy

C'mon Tipp! on 13:20 - Aug 22 by A40Bosh

Yes, I was talking with my Dub based colleague this morning and he was saying firstly that after yesterday's Croke Park performance neither Kerry nor Dublin seem to have nothing really to fear from Mayo, who really did not use their vast superiority in terms of experience of the team over an up and coming young Tipp team.

He also reckons the day might be growing dark now for the Kilkenny dominance since 2000 and that with a few more of the key KK players now retiring the last couple of years, it may be the start of a rebuild and allow others to come to dominance now if they up their game.

Looking forwards to next Sunday's semi in the football and then then main event against Tipp.

Up da Cats!

I thought Mayo cruised through Tipp yesterday in second gear without showing too many tactical secrets. They're an excellent side. I still can't see them having the strength, subs, scoring power or mental fortitude to beat Dublin who're the best Inter-County football team of my lifetime (Kerry may shock Dublin but only if the Dubs get cocky, which I can't see).

As for the hurling, Clare, Waterford, Galway and Tipp all have the talent to challenge Kilkenny but I'd need to see them put a few titles together before I'd believe that they have the real hunger to truly dominate. Waterford would be delighted with one, Galway don't work hard enough to get fit, Clare imploded after 2013 and Tipp are always happy with one win every decade.

Kilkenny's hunger means they're there for a while yet.

C'mon Tipp! on 13:43 - Aug 22 with 1391 viewskingsburyR

My old man will be heading (again) to the final in the hope he will see Mayo win SAM in his adult lifetime.

I've lost count of the amount of finals and semis he has seen them lose!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

C'mon Tipp! on 15:07 - Aug 22 with 1348 viewsstonebridgers

C'mon Tipp! on 13:43 - Aug 22 by kingsburyR

My old man will be heading (again) to the final in the hope he will see Mayo win SAM in his adult lifetime.

I've lost count of the amount of finals and semis he has seen them lose!!

That would be the Mayo curse. There are a still 2 of the 51 team alive so you might have to wait.

Stonebridgers

C'mon Tipp! on 15:49 - Aug 22 with 1326 viewsMrSheen

How long have GAA teams played with one up front? It's frustrating enough in an 11-a-side game, but must be maddening when you've got 15 on a huge pitch. I can see the appeal for an underdog in football getting everyone behind the ball and flooding the scoring zone, but it makes it a very long trip up the other end when you get the ball, particularly if you can't kick it upfield to anyone. It also means long boring periods of hand pass tiki taka around half way as you wait for a bit of space to appear further up. Has this always been there? Commentators in games I was watching seemed to be blaming it on Ulster football. Very dull.

Waterford were accused of something similar in hurling, limiting their chances of getting the ball into goal scoring positions. They seemed to let rip in the replay, but the coach might blame their defeat on it. Gleeson was brilliant in that game alright, but completely invisible against Tipp.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 15:50]
C'mon Tipp! on 16:43 - Aug 22 with 1306 viewsBrianMcCarthy

C'mon Tipp! on 15:49 - Aug 22 by MrSheen

How long have GAA teams played with one up front? It's frustrating enough in an 11-a-side game, but must be maddening when you've got 15 on a huge pitch. I can see the appeal for an underdog in football getting everyone behind the ball and flooding the scoring zone, but it makes it a very long trip up the other end when you get the ball, particularly if you can't kick it upfield to anyone. It also means long boring periods of hand pass tiki taka around half way as you wait for a bit of space to appear further up. Has this always been there? Commentators in games I was watching seemed to be blaming it on Ulster football. Very dull.

Waterford were accused of something similar in hurling, limiting their chances of getting the ball into goal scoring positions. They seemed to let rip in the replay, but the coach might blame their defeat on it. Gleeson was brilliant in that game alright, but completely invisible against Tipp.

Tyrone in 2002 were probably the first in football to play with four or less. Donegal under McGuinness reduced that to three, two, one or even none. It makes for a dreadful spectacle.

Kilkenny were the first team to bring in blanket defences to hurling, sometimes playing with three or four forwards. Clare brought it on a step in 2013, Waterford, as you say, have brought it on another step. Again, dreadful to watch. The skills of hurling have changed as a result.

All sports evolve as fitness improves. It's a shame that amateur sports have gone that way as well, but inevitable.

C'mon Tipp! on 17:50 - Aug 22 with 1285 viewsrobith

C'mon Tipp! on 15:49 - Aug 22 by MrSheen

I don't follow as much as I like to, but I'm always taken aback in the football by how shambolic attacking is.

Defence and the middle of the park always look well coached, but teams seem to steam into the final quarter of the pitch and then seem completely bereft of ideas and get really static
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024