Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 18:27 - Aug 5 with 7960 viewsPinnerPaul

Should/could have won by more.

Complete performance - no one had a bad game, yes CW missed a few chances , Freeman also missed a sitter and Ned made one almighty rick but overall that was a better performance than v Leeds last year.

Have to say Reading were awful and tactically all over the place, they were playing 5 at the back until 90th minute!

My MOM - Freeman

Onwards and upwards
Just Back on 18:32 - Aug 5 with 5467 viewsLongsufferingR

Midfield 3 were magnificent. The reason Manning stood out last season was the combative nature he displayed that was missing from all his teammates. That's been knocked on the head with the most tenacious midfield three we've had for a long time. Also the quality of crossing, the number of headers won against taller opposition and the one time they had a good effort - what a save from Smithies. Very satisfied with that performance.
Just Back on 18:32 - Aug 5 with 5467 viewsJAPRANGERS

Great start. Guess Saturday at Sheff W will be a far tougher test?
Just Back on 18:35 - Aug 5 with 5423 viewsMatch82

Thought lunogo was very strong today. Key and breaking up play and making blocks and kept the ball moving
Just Back on 18:55 - Aug 5 with 5256 viewsTacticalR

Reading used to be a fast attacking 4-4-2 side and are trying to morph into a possession side, and it looks like they've got stuck in the middle. I was expecting them to come back after our initial onslaught, but they never really got going.

Last season we were stuck in the middle - outmuscled by the bigger sides, and outplayed by the footballing sides. Today we actually managed to play football against a bigger side. Whether that was due to Reading having a bad day or us having improved remains to be seen.

Air hostess clique

Just Back on 19:00 - Aug 5 with 5217 viewsTacticalR

Just Back on 18:32 - Aug 5 by LongsufferingR

Midfield 3 were magnificent. The reason Manning stood out last season was the combative nature he displayed that was missing from all his teammates. That's been knocked on the head with the most tenacious midfield three we've had for a long time. Also the quality of crossing, the number of headers won against taller opposition and the one time they had a good effort - what a save from Smithies. Very satisfied with that performance.

Any talk of selling Smithies is complete madness.

Air hostess clique

Just Back on 19:19 - Aug 5 with 5065 viewssmegma

Just Back on 19:00 - Aug 5 by TacticalR

Any talk of selling Smithies is complete madness.

Any talk of Smithies moving is made up by attention seekers.
Just Back on 19:33 - Aug 5 with 4946 viewsstevec

best 90 minutes for a long time. Scowen moves the ball quick which gave some fluency in midfield, at long last.
Just Back on 19:37 - Aug 5 with 4903 viewsbosh67

Just Back on 19:33 - Aug 5 by stevec

best 90 minutes for a long time. Scowen moves the ball quick which gave some fluency in midfield, at long last.

Totally agree, Scowen is the first player in ages who spends the game organising players and talking. Natural leader and on early evidence of the friendly and this game he could be the most important signing we have made in ages. And he was free!

That midfield 3 of Luongo, Freeman and Scowen worked a treat. No the tallest but low centre of balance and hunted every single thing all game in packs.

Best performance that in several seasons. Just need to be braver in front of goal.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 19:46 - Aug 5 with 4833 viewsHunterhoop

But Luongo played well too, Steve?
Just Back on 19:52 - Aug 5 with 4791 viewsBrightonhoop

Just Back on 19:37 - Aug 5 by bosh67

Totally agree, Scowen is the first player in ages who spends the game organising players and talking. Natural leader and on early evidence of the friendly and this game he could be the most important signing we have made in ages. And he was free!

That midfield 3 of Luongo, Freeman and Scowen worked a treat. No the tallest but low centre of balance and hunted every single thing all game in packs.

Best performance that in several seasons. Just need to be braver in front of goal.

Very encouraging start and we should get better in front of goal in the weeks ahead and that'll deepen confidence.

We could finally be on to something.
Just Back on 20:07 - Aug 5 with 4708 viewsenfieldargh

great performance , Reading were poor because we didnt let them play.

forced them into errors, John Swift totally dominated by our waspish midfield.

Mackie played like a demon although the guys dont have that killer instinct in front of goal in them just yet, but feel it will come.

Mass unlucky with his shot hitting the inside of the post and rebounding out.

We really dodged a donkey with Bodvarsen.

Williams made them tick last season, going to be a big loss for them.

Only the first game but hey ho....U'rs

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Just Back on 20:19 - Aug 5 with 4626 viewsstevec

Just Back on 19:46 - Aug 5 by Hunterhoop

But Luongo played well too, Steve?

Heh heh, You're setting me up for a fall, HH.

He did have a good game, probably a better player than I give credit for. Best I leave it at that after today's game. 😊
Just Back on 21:19 - Aug 5 with 4269 viewsbaz_qpr

I thought we played really well and if we had had Charlie Austin it would have been about 7 -0.

Did not get the WLS ratings though, I thought Scowen and Freeman were excellent and Scowen in particular bossed and organised that team, a real midfield general and that gave the freedom to Freeman to dominate going forward with some really good interplay with Pav and Mass.

Mackie and Washington harried really well, though Mackie was very lucky the ref missed his challenge first half.

Reading are one of those teams though that are perfect for us with their style of play
Just Back on 21:28 - Aug 5 with 4224 viewsDejR_vu

Well that was a nice surprise! Can't ask for more than a win, clean sheet, and good performance. Great start.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Just Back on 22:15 - Aug 5 with 3987 viewsitsbiga

I was thinking to myself all day "how many would Charlie have got'
We had 11 shots 10 corners 4 on target and 1 goal from open play.
Charlie would have been like a kid in a candy store with all the chances

Great win though today, well happy.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Just Back on 22:34 - Aug 5 with 3878 viewscorse

Great unexpected win. Well done lads.
But...
against a terribly injury hit team.
Wouldnt count very much on this win.
Man of the Match...Mackie.
Just Back on 22:46 - Aug 5 with 3811 viewsBklynRanger

Scowen was roaming around like he'd been here for a couple of years. Dominated his position. Did a triple salco on about the 70th minute and came up holding his knee but was fine a couple of minutes later. All in all the definition of a value for money signing.

A fit and healthy Luongo is definitely one of my patent pending 'Champ and a half' players. Freeman was superb.

Everybody was great but that 3 was fcuking bonkers.
Just Back on 22:49 - Aug 5 with 3779 viewsLythamR

Credit has to be given to the pre game planning and tactics deployed, reading always try and play out from the back but today we pushed up on them and made them kick almost every time.

Aggressive, tenacious and at times skilful, i was delighted with that performance, there will be much tougher challenges and no doubt a number of disappointments. but if we can reproduce that enough times we should acheive mid table mediocrity quite comfortably
Just Back on 23:14 - Aug 5 with 3662 viewsCiderwithRsie

Two seasons in a row we've actually won our first game. Bloody hell.

New targets:
5th round of the FA Cup.
Winning last game of season as well as first.
Winning at the bastardcitybastardground.
Not having ti sack the manager this season.

I must be bloody mad, or pissed, or something.
(No subject) (n/t) on 00:09 - Aug 6 with 3497 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just Back on 00:09 - Aug 6 with 3492 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

"5th round of the FA Cup"

I need to sit down

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just Back on 00:15 - Aug 6 with 3464 viewsHitch

'Here comes the sun'
Just Back on 00:55 - Aug 6 with 3358 viewsHooped_Pullie

Can't remember when we controlled a game - home or away - so totally as that. We could have had eight with better finishing.

One swallow and all that, but got to be happy with today.
Just Back on 01:18 - Aug 6 with 3300 viewsjoolsyp

Thought Scowen was outstanding in that deep-lying role today. Bargain of the century if he continues that form.
Just Back on 01:49 - Aug 6 with 3249 viewsDWQPR

Just Back on 23:14 - Aug 5 by CiderwithRsie

Two seasons in a row we've actually won our first game. Bloody hell.

New targets:
5th round of the FA Cup.
Winning last game of season as well as first.
Winning at the bastardcitybastardground.
Not having ti sack the manager this season.

I must be bloody mad, or pissed, or something.

Couldn't we just settle for a 3rd round replay at this stage. I'd be happy with that progress!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024