Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading stinks 07:29 - Mar 31 with 4899 viewskingo

Terrible smell to add to terrible traffic, terrible parking (£10 for a bog),terrible weather, terrible team selection, terrible ref, terrible finishing. On the plus side, nice pie and pint, decent performance and good support and made me glad I didn’t support players like Reading had with their antics.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Reading stinks on 09:37 - Mar 31 with 3604 viewsTGRRRSSS

Brining back the Reading referree committee, due to the weather deiced to listen on the radio and give the game (and the costs overall) a miss.

Hate losing to anyone but they are up there with sides I especially hate losing too.
Reading stinks on 11:18 - Mar 31 with 3478 viewskingo

Reading stinks on 09:37 - Mar 31 by TGRRRSSS

Brining back the Reading referree committee, due to the weather deiced to listen on the radio and give the game (and the costs overall) a miss.

Hate losing to anyone but they are up there with sides I especially hate losing too.

I lost a lot of respect for Clement yesterday, if as it seemed, they were playing to his instructions. Wasn't helped by a ref who seemed oblivious to their antics and time wasting. All those around me on the concourse questioned why we had made the effort when the team was announced, why change a team that had performed so well at Fulham. It wasn't as if Mass had been around the world, and as for playing Washington especially along with Smythe.

Reading stinks on 11:30 - Mar 31 with 3460 viewsenfieldargh

playing Washington seemed absurd to me.

Rather see Oteh.

I'm in the pro-olly camp but surely he didnt pick Wash and smiler together because they combined well for NI's winner the other night?

for all those Luongo haters the game showed his class is imperative to driving the team forward. Cousins did OK ut hes not in the same class

As for Reading its the most unhostile antiseptic piece of mecanao in the league. Only Coventry's sky blue seats nudge it into 2nd place in modern crap stadiums

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Reading stinks on 12:45 - Mar 31 with 3357 viewsTacticalR

Reading stinks on 11:30 - Mar 31 by enfieldargh

playing Washington seemed absurd to me.

Rather see Oteh.

I'm in the pro-olly camp but surely he didnt pick Wash and smiler together because they combined well for NI's winner the other night?

for all those Luongo haters the game showed his class is imperative to driving the team forward. Cousins did OK ut hes not in the same class

As for Reading its the most unhostile antiseptic piece of mecanao in the league. Only Coventry's sky blue seats nudge it into 2nd place in modern crap stadiums

I suspect that Holloway knows the problems as well as we do.

It's obviously not 'experimentation' like last season because Washington and Cousins are not players who have just come in.

I think it's rotation to keep players involved, motivated, tested, because you never know when someone is going to be injured or their form is going to take a dive.

For what it's worth I do think Holloway has earned the right to experiment/rotate as he has fulfilled his brief of keeping the team in the division.

It might sound contradictory but I think Holloway is more concerned with the club than with results at this point in the season.

With Washington I guess there is also loyalty involved. I have been a long time Washington critic, and decided the only role he can play is as a non-scoring forward who can drag defenders out of position, but even I was astounded by how impossibly bad he was. It's Knees Up Mother Brown football.

Cousins is a defensive player without a spark of creativity.

Everybody has been happily talking about selling players, but if yesterday proved anything it's that without players like Luongo and Eze we are in trouble.

Air hostess clique

Reading stinks on 13:03 - Mar 31 with 3316 viewsQPR_John

Reading stinks on 12:45 - Mar 31 by TacticalR

I suspect that Holloway knows the problems as well as we do.

It's obviously not 'experimentation' like last season because Washington and Cousins are not players who have just come in.

I think it's rotation to keep players involved, motivated, tested, because you never know when someone is going to be injured or their form is going to take a dive.

For what it's worth I do think Holloway has earned the right to experiment/rotate as he has fulfilled his brief of keeping the team in the division.

It might sound contradictory but I think Holloway is more concerned with the club than with results at this point in the season.

With Washington I guess there is also loyalty involved. I have been a long time Washington critic, and decided the only role he can play is as a non-scoring forward who can drag defenders out of position, but even I was astounded by how impossibly bad he was. It's Knees Up Mother Brown football.

Cousins is a defensive player without a spark of creativity.

Everybody has been happily talking about selling players, but if yesterday proved anything it's that without players like Luongo and Eze we are in trouble.

"For what it's worth I do think Holloway has earned the right to experiment/rotate as he has fulfilled his brief of keeping the team in the division. "

I think some of us are still worried about that attitude after last season.
Reading stinks on 13:24 - Mar 31 with 3263 viewsDesertBoot

We were so much better for most of the game that playing Scowen and Cousins was ridiculous. We didn’t need two defensive midfielders out there.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Reading stinks on 13:41 - Mar 31 with 3218 viewsLazyFan

I think it is more to do with trying to get a few goals for Washout so they can offload him to someone like Sunderland in the summer.

He did the reverse with Wszolek. Dropping him during January and when the window shut, bringing him back into the team. A tactic to make him look injured and out of favour to ensure no offers came in for him as he did not want him sold at that critical part of the season.

As he is now playing them I suspect he would like to offload Cousins and Washout in the summer. Going to be tough that. Also not playing Sylla means Sylla keeps a high game to goal ratio, which keeps his stats high so, they can flog him too. I suspect Sylla may stay on the bench.

I also expect to see Robbo stay on the bench, as they try and make out he's not fully fit so, no one comes in for him with a big wages offer and they can resign him. And I also expect to see more of Washout now, unfortunately, in the complete fantasy hope he gets a few goals so, he can be offloaded. And young uns like Eze, hidden on the bench for a cheaper contract extension in the summer.

Thus overall we shall see more weird and strange team lineups for the remaining games of the season no doubt.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Reading stinks on 13:49 - Mar 31 with 3204 viewsDavieQPR

Wszolek was dropped because he couldn't play wingback. He plays Washington because he won't admit his mistakes.
Login to get fewer ads

Reading stinks on 13:49 - Mar 31 with 3204 viewsQPR_John

Reading stinks on 13:41 - Mar 31 by LazyFan

I think it is more to do with trying to get a few goals for Washout so they can offload him to someone like Sunderland in the summer.

He did the reverse with Wszolek. Dropping him during January and when the window shut, bringing him back into the team. A tactic to make him look injured and out of favour to ensure no offers came in for him as he did not want him sold at that critical part of the season.

As he is now playing them I suspect he would like to offload Cousins and Washout in the summer. Going to be tough that. Also not playing Sylla means Sylla keeps a high game to goal ratio, which keeps his stats high so, they can flog him too. I suspect Sylla may stay on the bench.

I also expect to see Robbo stay on the bench, as they try and make out he's not fully fit so, no one comes in for him with a big wages offer and they can resign him. And I also expect to see more of Washout now, unfortunately, in the complete fantasy hope he gets a few goals so, he can be offloaded. And young uns like Eze, hidden on the bench for a cheaper contract extension in the summer.

Thus overall we shall see more weird and strange team lineups for the remaining games of the season no doubt.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So to clarify he did not play Wszolek so there would be no offers but does not play Sylla so the club will get offers for him
Reading stinks on 13:59 - Mar 31 with 3187 viewsTacticalR

@LazyFan 'I think it is more to do with trying to get a few goals for Washout so they can offload him to someone like Sunderland in the summer.'

The only flaw in that scheme is when he doesn't get any goals and you end up showing the world how bad he is. Still, I guess that's not an issue for Sunderland.

Air hostess clique

Reading stinks on 14:39 - Mar 31 with 3114 viewsLazyFan

Reading stinks on 13:49 - Mar 31 by QPR_John

So to clarify he did not play Wszolek so there would be no offers but does not play Sylla so the club will get offers for him

Yep, that's the mere conjecture.

zzzzzzzzzz

Reading stinks on 14:40 - Mar 31 with 3113 viewsLazyFan

Reading stinks on 13:59 - Mar 31 by TacticalR

@LazyFan 'I think it is more to do with trying to get a few goals for Washout so they can offload him to someone like Sunderland in the summer.'

The only flaw in that scheme is when he doesn't get any goals and you end up showing the world how bad he is. Still, I guess that's not an issue for Sunderland.

That's why I added the words "complete fantasy hope".
As we know he cannot score, but they keep hoping!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Reading stinks on 16:19 - Mar 31 with 3014 viewsWatford_Ranger

Reading stinks on 13:24 - Mar 31 by DesertBoot

We were so much better for most of the game that playing Scowen and Cousins was ridiculous. We didn’t need two defensive midfielders out there.

Is Cousins defensive? I don’t have a clue what he’s good at. Just looks like a cheaper Jenas to me. Never really in the game in attack or defence.
Reading stinks on 18:13 - Mar 31 with 2880 viewsMedwayR

Reading stinks on 16:19 - Mar 31 by Watford_Ranger

Is Cousins defensive? I don’t have a clue what he’s good at. Just looks like a cheaper Jenas to me. Never really in the game in attack or defence.

To be fair we've never seen much of Cousins as he's always injured. I thought he was good at Charlton and I was very pleased when we signed him, I still have faith that he'll come good for us but he needs to stay fit and even then he'll only be cover for Scowen.

Poll: Who’s better?

Reading stinks on 18:41 - Mar 31 with 2837 viewsted_hendrix

£5.50 for a bloody burger the bastards.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Reading stinks on 19:28 - Mar 31 with 2751 viewskingo

Reading stinks on 18:41 - Mar 31 by ted_hendrix

£5.50 for a bloody burger the bastards.

The steak pie was nice £8 for pie and pint

Reading stinks on 10:16 - Apr 1 with 2509 viewsplasmahoop

I've always hated reading as a town after going there a few times as a delivery driver. Nightmare town centre, missed the entrance to the hexagon. Shithole estates as bad as anywhere. Then to top it off later in the day in pangbourne they had a bloody toll bridge, I had no change, cashpoint was out of order and had to detour round miles
Reading stinks on 10:28 - Apr 1 with 2488 viewsdavman

Reading stinks on 11:18 - Mar 31 by kingo

I lost a lot of respect for Clement yesterday, if as it seemed, they were playing to his instructions. Wasn't helped by a ref who seemed oblivious to their antics and time wasting. All those around me on the concourse questioned why we had made the effort when the team was announced, why change a team that had performed so well at Fulham. It wasn't as if Mass had been around the world, and as for playing Washington especially along with Smythe.

Disagree.

His remit is to keep them up and his team did EXACTLY what a team in their position needed to do.

It's always a bloody nightmare to watch when you are supporting the team on the other end of these antics, it's bloody funny when their time wasting comes back to haunt them, but they REALLY, REALLY needed those three points, so we'll done (begrudgingly) to him for delivering.

On Ollie's team selection, you are spot on. I am sure that he said early on that Washington had to play as one of two, yet stuck him up top by himself, where he has proven to be useless. Should have started with Smith, or Sylla.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Reading stinks on 11:39 - Apr 1 with 2417 viewsTacticalR

Returning to the OP, there should be points deductions for malodorous clubs.

Air hostess clique

Reading stinks on 11:43 - Apr 1 with 2411 viewskingo

Reading stinks on 10:28 - Apr 1 by davman

Disagree.

His remit is to keep them up and his team did EXACTLY what a team in their position needed to do.

It's always a bloody nightmare to watch when you are supporting the team on the other end of these antics, it's bloody funny when their time wasting comes back to haunt them, but they REALLY, REALLY needed those three points, so we'll done (begrudgingly) to him for delivering.

On Ollie's team selection, you are spot on. I am sure that he said early on that Washington had to play as one of two, yet stuck him up top by himself, where he has proven to be useless. Should have started with Smith, or Sylla.

Yes if you are a Reading fan then you would be chuffed to bits with nicking 3 points from the game and not worry one bit about the antics involved in getting them. But luckily I am a real Hoop and I found their antics a step too far. Great shot from Aluko to score but he should have been sent off for punching the ball out of Bidwell’s arms when he was taking the pen. Several of their other players SHOULD have been booked for their actions. Plus the player who laid on the floor trying to get the game stopped, who then sprinted to get involved at the penalty. This is not to mention the blatant time wasting by the keeper and the instructions given to the ball boys not to retrieve the ball for us. The referee should have taken action but despite Ned pointing it out to him, he just let them carry on. A step too far in my opinion to get 3 points and I hope it backfires on them and they get what they deserve.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 11:45]

Reading stinks on 12:20 - Apr 1 with 2363 viewsdavman

Reading stinks on 11:43 - Apr 1 by kingo

Yes if you are a Reading fan then you would be chuffed to bits with nicking 3 points from the game and not worry one bit about the antics involved in getting them. But luckily I am a real Hoop and I found their antics a step too far. Great shot from Aluko to score but he should have been sent off for punching the ball out of Bidwell’s arms when he was taking the pen. Several of their other players SHOULD have been booked for their actions. Plus the player who laid on the floor trying to get the game stopped, who then sprinted to get involved at the penalty. This is not to mention the blatant time wasting by the keeper and the instructions given to the ball boys not to retrieve the ball for us. The referee should have taken action but despite Ned pointing it out to him, he just let them carry on. A step too far in my opinion to get 3 points and I hope it backfires on them and they get what they deserve.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 11:45]

No idea what you are getting at by stating that you are "a real Hoop" - odd thing to say...

Yep, it was galling to see the opposition play like that, but we've done it before and others will too. Until the game changes to having a clock stop when the ball is out of play, time wasting will be part of the game - they were at it as early as the first half on Friday, but no bookings for timewasting, which is par for the course...

I agree, I too hope that they get what they deserve, so am I more of a "real Hoop" now?

Can we go out yet?

Reading stinks on 12:31 - Apr 1 with 2345 viewsTacticalR

Reading stinks on 12:20 - Apr 1 by davman

No idea what you are getting at by stating that you are "a real Hoop" - odd thing to say...

Yep, it was galling to see the opposition play like that, but we've done it before and others will too. Until the game changes to having a clock stop when the ball is out of play, time wasting will be part of the game - they were at it as early as the first half on Friday, but no bookings for timewasting, which is par for the course...

I agree, I too hope that they get what they deserve, so am I more of a "real Hoop" now?

I think kingo meant 'as opposed to fake hoops' (in the Berkshire area).

Air hostess clique

Reading stinks on 12:34 - Apr 1 with 2342 viewskingo

Reading stinks on 12:20 - Apr 1 by davman

Real Hoop as opposed to a fake Hoop ( a Reading fan) not a dig at you just saying it from a QPR point of view.

Reading stinks on 14:09 - Apr 1 with 2286 viewsdavman

Reading stinks on 12:34 - Apr 1 by kingo

Real Hoop as opposed to a fake Hoop ( a Reading fan) not a dig at you just saying it from a QPR point of view.

Ah, I get it!

Duh!

Can we go out yet?

Reading stinks on 14:17 - Apr 1 with 2280 viewsBushRanger82

One of my least favourite stadiums to go to.
Seriously thinking about making last Friday, my last visit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024