Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You were a good dog Fido but... 22:12 - May 9 with 2185 viewsbosh67

I have no idea if the McClaren thing is even real or not but the last 7 days and the board's complete non communication does feel like they are about to thank Ollie for all his hard work and then take him out in the back yard and shoot him.

Ollie's second stint hasn't been a huge success but he sort of did what was asked of him with an ever dwindling set of assets, a period of no defenders etc so it feels like faithful Fido is about to be led out into the yard for the last time and for me it doesn't sit very well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

You were a good dog Fido but... on 23:34 - May 9 with 2033 viewsKerryE

The fact is, this is elite sport.
There is no room for sentiment, its not personal - well it shouldn't be anyway.

This may or may not work out, but if TF wants a change this is the best time to do it.
You were a good dog Fido but... on 23:44 - May 9 with 2014 viewswombat

You were a good dog Fido but... on 23:34 - May 9 by KerryE

This may or may not work out, but if TF wants a change this is the best time to do it.

Get the feeling they are waiting in some positive news from somewhere to lesson the abuse they will be most defiantly getting once I they announce Holloway etc being sacked .

Actually thinking of binning next season off if they do boot Holloway for mclaren

Poll: which is your favouite foot

You were a good dog Fido but... on 23:46 - May 9 with 2005 viewstimcocking

I disagree, that's a big part of what's wrong with football and life imo. Albeit i'm well aware i view the world much differently to most people.

In terms of managers, all i know is, the longer a manager stays the more chance of success. All i want is for us to let any manager, any mannager at all (apart from Redknapp obviously), just one time, actually have enough time to see. Arsene Wenger and Alex Ferguson spring to mind. So effing obvious.

And if Ollie's awful interview technique is part of the reason, well that'd be a case of the pot calling the kettle black from Tony Fernandes of all people with his tweeting!

What i don't like is, i genuinely think this decision has been made by twitter and i feel the average iq of twitter users is really low.
You were a good dog Fido but... on 23:49 - May 9 with 2001 viewsDavieQPR

No he did not do as was asked of him hence the speculation.
Cut costs... no Les and Hoos did that'
Finish 10th place... no.
Introduce youngsters.... no injuries forced him to and when they did well were dropped.
Would play players in their correct position.....no
Tactics.... no persisted with 3 at he back long after everyone knew it wasn't working
Improve away from home..... well?
Stop tinkering.......well?
You were a good dog Fido but... on 00:16 - May 10 with 1963 viewstimcocking

You were a good dog Fido but... on 23:49 - May 9 by DavieQPR

Finish 10th place... no.
Introduce youngsters.... no injuries forced him to and when they did well were dropped.
Tactics.... no persisted with 3 at he back long after everyone knew it wasn't working

Damn, that's very convincingly put.

Mind you, if they've asked him to finish 10th in a season like this, that just shows how little the board have learned.
You were a good dog Fido but... on 00:38 - May 10 with 1934 viewskensalriser

Didn't Northern explain the budgeting for finishing 10th? It's a worst case revenue scenario because that's the level at which win bonuses outweigh extra ticket sales. In other words, it's a purely budgetary thing and nothing to do with setting a performance target.

Of course that won't stop people continuing to use it as another stick to beat Holloway with.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

You were a good dog Fido but... on 02:30 - May 10 with 1890 viewsmylot50years

Finish 10th place... no.

Spot on Davie, the one thing that some sentimental supporters of IH have failed to recognise during his two periods of management at Rs is the fact that, had he been successful to any major degree he would have walked away from QPR at the drop of his embarrassing cap. The assumption that he bleeds QPR is misjudged IH is and always will be about IH, he has done very well out of QPR and should be grateful to have been given a second chance and now move on, hopefully without any embarrassing outbursts. It will be very interesting to see if any brave chairman takes a chance with him again.
You were a good dog Fido but... on 03:10 - May 10 with 1872 viewsNov77

You were a good dog Fido but... on 00:38 - May 10 by kensalriser

Didn't Northern explain the budgeting for finishing 10th? It's a worst case revenue scenario because that's the level at which win bonuses outweigh extra ticket sales. In other words, it's a purely budgetary thing and nothing to do with setting a performance target.

Of course that won't stop people continuing to use it as another stick to beat Holloway with.

Crowds have been down for the last two years running, maybe that and info they have on season ticket renewals/purchases is influencing their thinking.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

You were a good dog Fido but... on 07:00 - May 10 with 1734 viewsCiderwithRsie

My feeling is that now is the time for Holloway to go and also that McClaren may not be a bad choice.

But, actually football is *all* about sentiment. None of us would watch some of the crap QPR serve up without it and I doubt Ollie would have taken the job except for it.

Family is family.
You were a good dog Fido but... on 07:16 - May 10 with 1693 viewskropotkin41

I thought that 10th place was all about the correlation between league position and crowd size. If they can find someone who is so far ahead of Ollie in terms of ability that he'll get LR full again, good luck to them. Much more likely in my opinion they'll find someone who takes them to the cleaners financially and doesn't give a sh*t about the club. The world is not full of managers like David Wagner.......... or Neil Warnock........ and at the moment we actually have a manager passionate about the club and his job.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

You were a good dog Fido but... on 07:18 - May 10 with 1689 viewsPlanetHonneywood

You were a good dog Fido but... on 07:00 - May 10 by CiderwithRsie

My feeling is that now is the time for Holloway to go and also that McClaren may not be a bad choice.

But, actually football is *all* about sentiment. None of us would watch some of the crap QPR serve up without it and I doubt Ollie would have taken the job except for it.

Family is family.

Absolutely!

As the OP invited us to consider, there is a way to put down the much loved family pooch; not sure this is it.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

You were a good dog Fido but... on 08:13 - May 10 with 1604 viewsqpr1976

Finish 10th place... no.

I partly disagree, I think his remit probably was to try to finish higher than the previous season with a hugely reduced budget. Whether than be 10th or 12th or 15th is fairly irrelevant. I’m sure the Board & Fans would have loved to have flirted with the Playoffs, but realistically, that was always going to be a tough ask, especially with the injuries in defence.
Bringing more homegrown or young players through has been consistently mentioned by TF, LH, LF, IH, CR all season due to FFP and the tighter budget we have to work within.

The rest (Tactics, Formations, Away form & Tinkering) is yours, any many others frustrations, but I doubt much time was spent by IH & the Board debating it at the start of the season.
You were a good dog Fido but... on 08:21 - May 10 with 1578 viewsqpr1976

You were a good dog Fido but... on 03:10 - May 10 by Nov77

Crowds have been down for the last two years running, maybe that and info they have on season ticket renewals/purchases is influencing their thinking.

Fair point about crowds being down, but to balance that, 3 years ago we were in the Premier League, where crowds would be at a premium. More Away fans to start with. Only about half a dozen teams would have used both tiers this season, in the Prem, it was virtually every game. That accounts for about 1.5/2k difference.
Most teams of our size (Leeds, Sunderland, etc. possible exceptions) would suffer a drop in average attendances after a relegation. Especially when not around the Playoffs/Promotion spots.

More disappointing is the drop betwen the last 2 seasons (@700 i think ?). I’m sure the Board will consider that over the Summer. Especially with our final reduced parachute payment.
You were a good dog Fido but... on 09:47 - May 10 with 1473 viewsEsox_Lucius

It's interesting to note that, almost exclusively, most posters still think that all the decisions are solely down to Tony Fernandes, this is not the case. These are decisions taken by the directors and TF has to go along with, albeit with his input taken into consideration.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024