Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report 17:49 - Aug 26 with 2718 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/48550
Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 18:07 - Aug 26 with 2635 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks Clive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 18:37 - Aug 26 with 2514 views1JD

Ingram “hung out to dry” by the manager? Wow! Why do we have to find blame at every doorstep with the club right now? He’s just a poor goalkeeper. End of.

He waited patiently, he got his chance, and a few more, and he just isn’t good enough, and never has been. Even Wycombe die hards would tell you he lacks technique, is a jack in the box, and his kicking is woeful, despite being a “good shot stopper”.

No dark arts, no search for blame, just a harsh dose of reality. A shame yes, but the club is trying to bring in young promising players from the lower leagues, its a multi-year effort and some players will work out, others not.

It just hasn’t worked out for Ingram and I doubt it will now. Whether it be the club believed they could work on his weaknesses and later found out they couldn’t, or that he was just a poor choice by our scouts - is what is more up for debate in my opinion
Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 18:38 - Aug 26 with 2509 viewsNorthernr

Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 18:37 - Aug 26 by 1JD

Ingram “hung out to dry” by the manager? Wow! Why do we have to find blame at every doorstep with the club right now? He’s just a poor goalkeeper. End of.

He waited patiently, he got his chance, and a few more, and he just isn’t good enough, and never has been. Even Wycombe die hards would tell you he lacks technique, is a jack in the box, and his kicking is woeful, despite being a “good shot stopper”.

No dark arts, no search for blame, just a harsh dose of reality. A shame yes, but the club is trying to bring in young promising players from the lower leagues, its a multi-year effort and some players will work out, others not.

It just hasn’t worked out for Ingram and I doubt it will now. Whether it be the club believed they could work on his weaknesses and later found out they couldn’t, or that he was just a poor choice by our scouts - is what is more up for debate in my opinion

I've explained exactly why I think that in the piece. He was already facing a difficult job this season, and the manager added to that by making him try and play in this budget Barcelona/Man City style which he's not capable of doing, and had shown he wasn't capable of doing in pre-season training based on the sessions I saw.
Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 18:44 - Aug 26 with 2491 views1JD

Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 18:38 - Aug 26 by Northernr

I've explained exactly why I think that in the piece. He was already facing a difficult job this season, and the manager added to that by making him try and play in this budget Barcelona/Man City style which he's not capable of doing, and had shown he wasn't capable of doing in pre-season training based on the sessions I saw.

I just sense an unwarranted amount of negativity right now. Granted, some of it is a result of our shocking start to the season, and we all want to blame somebody, but we don’t need to beat the club with a stick over absolutely everything.
Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 18:58 - Aug 26 with 2443 viewsNorthernr

Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 18:44 - Aug 26 by 1JD

I just sense an unwarranted amount of negativity right now. Granted, some of it is a result of our shocking start to the season, and we all want to blame somebody, but we don’t need to beat the club with a stick over absolutely everything.

Ok, well I've got you saying that to me here, meanwhile over on Twitter I've got several people saying I'm basically a PR guy/company man for the club, never saying anything bad about them because I'm so bothered about keeping a programme column. So some people read what I write and think I'm too harsh, and some people read what I write and think I'm up the club's arse. Fun times.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 19:20 - Aug 26 with 2377 viewsGloryHunter

Just an admin point, Clive - your excellent match reports often result in two threads - one at the bottom of the report itself, and another separate one in the forum listing of the report. Is there any way you could stop the latter, so that the discussion stays in one place?
Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 19:22 - Aug 26 with 2364 viewsAshdown_Ranger

"...and some people read what I write and think I'm up the club's arse"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, in your honour, can we expect Dave Thomas to rename AKUTRS as ACUTRS (A Clive up the...)?

Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 19:28 - Aug 26 with 2344 views1JD

Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 18:58 - Aug 26 by Northernr

Ok, well I've got you saying that to me here, meanwhile over on Twitter I've got several people saying I'm basically a PR guy/company man for the club, never saying anything bad about them because I'm so bothered about keeping a programme column. So some people read what I write and think I'm too harsh, and some people read what I write and think I'm up the club's arse. Fun times.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Twitter?!

Enough said! 😜
Login to get fewer ads

Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 19:30 - Aug 26 with 2338 viewsNorthernr

Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 19:28 - Aug 26 by 1JD

Twitter?!

Enough said! 😜

Touché!
Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 19:57 - Aug 26 with 2249 viewsBushRanger82

Good to get that monkey off our back, at long last!

Now, with two away games in the league coming up, albeit one at St.Andrews, a place we seemingly can't fail to win at, but we kinda know where that little run is headed, Shhteve needs to put out a strong side on Tuesday night, get some sort of momentum going, and give the team a taste of what a winning run is like.
Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 22:26 - Aug 26 with 1825 viewsted_hendrix

Keep doing what your doing Clive and keep doing it in the way that you do it.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 03:39 - Aug 27 with 1526 viewsjtuck

Clive isn't always right but he's always well argued. And a better writer than most football writers in the papers. Did anyone else think that McClaren in his post-match interview still seemed angry and wound up?

LAranger

Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 10:31 - Aug 27 with 1126 viewsSimonJames

Hemed stops the rot with debut goal - Report on 18:38 - Aug 26 by Northernr

A difficult job made several times worse by McClaren playing him against Bristol City; having had only three days to try regain his confidence following a 7-1 mauling.

100% of people who drink water will die.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024