Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Smiths- overrated load of 00:06 - Jul 13 with 3556 viewsqprxtc

Cock. Always were and always will be.

Oohhh how dare you.

NME / indie load of sh1t.

But you HAVE to like them like the Stone Roses and any other Mancunian sh1te.

Because god forbid you think they’re a waste of f ucking space.

They weee are and always will be SH IT
The Smiths- overrated load of on 00:20 - Jul 13 with 3039 viewsqprxtc

No more drinking for me and talking bullocks. I’m done goodnight regina

[Post edited 13 Jul 2019 0:26]
The Smiths- overrated load of on 01:07 - Jul 13 with 2995 viewsconnell10

The Smiths- overrated load of on 00:20 - Jul 13 by qprxtc

No more drinking for me and talking bullocks. I’m done goodnight regina

[Post edited 13 Jul 2019 0:26]

Mate f uck off !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

(No subject) on 12:24 - Jul 13 with 2884 viewslondonscottish

Much though I admire Johnny Marr's guitar skill all I can hear on a Smith's records is Morrisey's endless two note minor chord yodelling.

I've tried it. You can yodel the two exact same notes over over single Smiths backing track and sound exactly like that gloomy, pretentious talentless t.awt.

It's a bit like rap except (i) it's Manc (ii) there are two notes not one and (iii) and there are fewer machine guns but more gladioli.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

The Smiths- overrated load of on 12:58 - Jul 13 with 2811 viewsDannyPaddox

qprxtc in a coma I know I know
it’s Guinness induced
The Smiths- overrated load of on 13:16 - Jul 13 with 2773 viewsJAPRANGERS

Moi, I thought he was talking about Matt Smith and Matt Smith init??
The Smiths- overrated load of on 13:45 - Jul 13 with 2695 viewsqprxtc

The Smiths- overrated load of on 01:07 - Jul 13 by connell10

Mate f uck off !

Too right. That lasted about 12 hours. Into the Peroni now. Not Marco.

Not long before more brain dribble.
The Smiths- overrated load of on 14:37 - Jul 13 with 2619 viewsPlanetHonneywood

“I was looking for a job, and then I found a job and heaven knows, I’m miserable now...”

Well fear not, algorithms and AI will sort that conundrum out soon enough!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

(No subject) on 14:41 - Jul 13 with 2615 viewsGroveR

(No subject) on 12:24 - Jul 13 by londonscottish

Much though I admire Johnny Marr's guitar skill all I can hear on a Smith's records is Morrisey's endless two note minor chord yodelling.

I've tried it. You can yodel the two exact same notes over over single Smiths backing track and sound exactly like that gloomy, pretentious talentless t.awt.

It's a bit like rap except (i) it's Manc (ii) there are two notes not one and (iii) and there are fewer machine guns but more gladioli.

Morrissey is a bit of a belter alright so the best thing to do is have Johnny Marr sing.

He's a legend. How many other musicians would allow a fan to play their guitar on stage?

Login to get fewer ads

The Smiths- overrated load of on 14:50 - Jul 13 with 2592 viewscharmr

The Smiths were a breath of fresh air when they turned up. My all time favorite beat combo.

Giving a big f you to all and everyone with great tunes and relevant and irreverent lyrics. My Italian girlfriends mum visited us in sunny Eastcote one summer and we’d drive around listening to the Smiths. She couldn’t understand a word of English but thought the songs were beautiful.

I read somewhere they wrote 72 tunes and for me there was only a few duds. Have a Smiths t shirt that always gets a mention when walking the streets. Not feeling so comfortable wearing it these days with Morrissey losing the plot a bit. The fact not many people liked them or got them made them who they were a bit.

Had my idles t shirt on today walking around the farmers market. Got a great band remark from a bearded man selling local moonshine.

Best XTC song, “This is Pop” Good band but way too clever for a lot of people.
The Smiths- overrated load of on 14:59 - Jul 13 with 2568 viewsBoston

Smiffs, couple a good toons alright. Thought their fans were gloomier than Morrissey though.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Smiths- overrated load of on 15:02 - Jul 13 with 2557 viewswrinklyhoop

The OP may have been rat arsed, but he speaketh truth. In vino veritas
The Smiths- overrated load of on 16:04 - Jul 13 with 2474 viewsqpr1976

Any bands that reacts to widespread criticism that they were morbid, depressing, infatuated with death love songs, by releasing a single called ‘Girlfriend in a Coma’ has got my vote.

84-87 (ish) was a pretty sh!t time for music post Punk, Ska, New Romance, Electro Pop and before Madchester. So they stood out. I love Rusholme Ruffians too. Oh and Bigmouth....!
The Smiths- overrated load of on 17:05 - Jul 13 with 2399 viewsGroveR

The Smiths- overrated load of on 14:59 - Jul 13 by Boston

Smiffs, couple a good toons alright. Thought their fans were gloomier than Morrissey though.

I remember being at a James gig at some university or other 20 years ago (I never went only freeloaded) and they sang "Sit Down" and everyone sat down. Fùck that was wànk. Copped off with a posh sort who had bit of a whiffy minge. Night of ups and downs really.
The Smiths- overrated load of on 18:46 - Jul 13 with 2275 viewsitsbiga

Leave it out.
Stone Roses and Happy Mondays were/are the dogs.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

The Smiths- overrated load of on 19:48 - Jul 13 with 2216 viewsqprxtc

The Smiths- overrated load of on 18:46 - Jul 13 by itsbiga

Leave it out.
Stone Roses and Happy Mondays were/are the dogs.

They were fine. Stone Roses had a decent enough album but that was pretty much it really wasn’t it? Happy Mondays had decent singles. Never wanted to hear an album. Kelly’s Heores from BlCk Grape is absolute classs though.

Never trust a man with egg in his face.
The Smiths- overrated load of on 21:56 - Jul 13 with 2106 viewsHooparoo

Agree that Morrisey’s voice was limited but you have to agree that along with Marr’s guitar, their lyrics were also great. Something different in a sea of mediocrity at the time.

Stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before 😉

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

The Smiths- overrated load of on 22:23 - Jul 13 with 2079 viewsThGrimRanger

no way overrated - they're underrated. In terms of british bands then only Rolling Stones, Beatles, Led Zep and Pink Floyd can possibly be counted as better.

The Who, Clash and Radiohead perhaps on a par.

….but Smiths did all their albums in the space of 3 years. F'king impressive by any standard.

TheGrimRanger

The Smiths- overrated load of on 23:30 - Jul 13 with 2021 viewsitsbiga

Overrated junk for me is The Doors.
Total crud.

The Smiths- overrated load of on 23:31 - Jul 13 with 2019 viewsitsbiga

The Smiths- overrated load of on 19:48 - Jul 13 by qprxtc

They were fine. Stone Roses had a decent enough album but that was pretty much it really wasn’t it? Happy Mondays had decent singles. Never wanted to hear an album. Kelly’s Heores from BlCk Grape is absolute classs though.

This was the best Black Grape track

The Smiths- overrated load of on 23:49 - Jul 13 with 1991 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Smiths- overrated load of on 19:48 - Jul 13 by qprxtc

Ryder's autobiography is worth a read though. How they spun*ed the advance for the second album on drugs etc was hilarious.
The Smiths- overrated load of on 23:56 - Jul 13 with 1983 viewsHooparoo

Johnny Marr also played in a one off band with Bernie Sumner from New Order and Neil Tennant from the Pet Shop Boys called “Electronic”. Some great songs with the best known single being “Getting away with it”

(No subject) on 01:21 - Jul 14 with 1934 viewsJigsore

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

(No subject) on 02:35 - Jul 14 with 1902 viewsbob566

Talentless? You don't like his voice. I can get that. But he's an amazing lyracist. Read the lyrics to a headmasters ritual. Bruises big as dinner plates. A song about child abuse in schools. So relevant when nobody else was talking about it
(No subject) on 03:23 - Jul 14 with 1887 viewsHooparoo

(No subject) on 02:35 - Jul 14 by bob566

Talentless? You don't like his voice. I can get that. But he's an amazing lyracist. Read the lyrics to a headmasters ritual. Bruises big as dinner plates. A song about child abuse in schools. So relevant when nobody else was talking about it

+1

The Smiths- overrated load of on 08:21 - Jul 14 with 1817 viewsEsox_Lucius

The Who were better than the Beatles, creatively, lyrically and as a live act.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024