Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) 18:23 - Mar 5 with 5064 viewsnyhoops

I will be visiting London from April 13-21 and of course have to watch QPR. The funny thing is that my only opportunity will be Luton away. I have heard quite negative things about Luton's ground, but have to see the R's while I'm in London.

Would love to hear some tips on securing an away ticket/travel to Luton, etc... Would be wonderful to sit with the traveling QPR support. I will be staying in Kilburn if that makes any difference.

Thank you all
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 18:58 - Mar 5 with 4312 viewsthame_hoops

Cmon guys, help him out

Go Orioles
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 09:15 - Mar 9 with 4021 viewsRs_Holy

I've never been to Lootown myself but I have friend who has. He went there when they were in the National League following there slide down the divisions a few years ago.
First thing he mentioned was the area was really not good at all... very third world... the sort of place with cars on bricks and sofa's/mattresses dumped outside peoples houses, dog sh8 everywhere ... you get the picture.
Next thing is the novel entrance into the away end. Its carved out of one of the terraced houses... you then walk over a sort of bridge which spans a few of locals back gardens (all very strange).
My mate is a Southport supported and has visited a lot of non-league grounds . He said even by non league standards Luton is a bit rubbish. Cramped, not a great view (depending where you sit), and leaving is a nightmare because there's only one exit (entrance).
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 09:18 - Mar 9 with 4012 viewskingo

It is going to be extremely hard to get a ticket for Luton this year. Half the Oak Rd is home fans, probably only about a 1000 tickets.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 10:31 - Mar 9 with 3919 viewsRamseyR

Take some wellies for when you visit the gents.
Weirdly they are in the upstairs of a house at the back of the away stand.
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 10:50 - Mar 9 with 3885 viewsnix

I'd get in touch with the club. They seem to be trying to encourage our overseas fans. Not sure if that's just for home games though.

Hope you get to go.
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 12:35 - Mar 9 with 3772 viewsJuzzie

Can't help with tickets but it is a very small dilapidated ground in a grimy part of Luton. You literally go over a walkway over people's gardens that are an utter mess.

I always travelled by motorbike to away games so didn't really have much issues but train/car are a bit more of a challenge as you have to walk to and from the station or find somewhere to park.

Never had a problems aggro-wise but like anything, if you go looking for it it will find you. If you just keep yourself to yourself (having motorbike gear on always helped, I've unintentionally walked right through both Millwall and Chelsea mobs and they didn't even give me a second look) then there won't be problems.
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 12:37 - Mar 9 with 3762 viewsqueensparker

It's probably one of the worst grounds in football, a real dump, the area around Kenilworth Road is a sh*thole, you get to the away end through someone's house, and the Luton fans are always up for a bit of aggro. Plus it will be a relegation six pointer for them, so they'll be on edge.

A proper away day, you'll love it.
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 13:30 - Mar 9 with 3662 viewsstowmarketrange

Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 12:35 - Mar 9 by Juzzie

Can't help with tickets but it is a very small dilapidated ground in a grimy part of Luton. You literally go over a walkway over people's gardens that are an utter mess.

I always travelled by motorbike to away games so didn't really have much issues but train/car are a bit more of a challenge as you have to walk to and from the station or find somewhere to park.

Never had a problems aggro-wise but like anything, if you go looking for it it will find you. If you just keep yourself to yourself (having motorbike gear on always helped, I've unintentionally walked right through both Millwall and Chelsea mobs and they didn't even give me a second look) then there won't be problems.

I was there for the FA cup game in the height of the away fan ban.I was on the supporters coach that had the windows smashed before the game.
I’ve been there several times over the years,and it’s a horrible place with a lot of horrible fans.
Login to get fewer ads

Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 14:48 - Mar 9 with 3562 viewsBoston

A ground that was dated in the 70’s, filled with fans who never left that decade. Had problems with Luton forever, Police know that and I believe actually do make an effort to keep the peace in recent years. Your chance of a ticket increases every day, just ask Corporal Jones.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 14:51 - Mar 9 with 3553 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Filthy ground, filthy fans. Be careful up there.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 14:54 - Mar 9 with 3547 viewsHayesender

Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 13:30 - Mar 9 by stowmarketrange

I was there for the FA cup game in the height of the away fan ban.I was on the supporters coach that had the windows smashed before the game.
I’ve been there several times over the years,and it’s a horrible place with a lot of horrible fans.

I had the displeasure of walking through two carriages of their fans on the train back from Preston on Saturday.

A few spotted my QPR polo shirt. Hasten to add, I was glad to get back to the the other end of the train intact

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 15:12 - Mar 9 with 3513 viewsRed_Ranger

Toilet
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 15:13]
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 15:14 - Mar 9 with 3504 viewsRed_Ranger

Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 12:37 - Mar 9 by queensparker

It's probably one of the worst grounds in football, a real dump, the area around Kenilworth Road is a sh*thole, you get to the away end through someone's house, and the Luton fans are always up for a bit of aggro. Plus it will be a relegation six pointer for them, so they'll be on edge.

This
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 18:40 - Mar 9 with 3326 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 09:15 - Mar 9 by Rs_Holy

I've never been to Lootown myself but I have friend who has. He went there when they were in the National League following there slide down the divisions a few years ago.
First thing he mentioned was the area was really not good at all... very third world... the sort of place with cars on bricks and sofa's/mattresses dumped outside peoples houses, dog sh8 everywhere ... you get the picture.
Next thing is the novel entrance into the away end. Its carved out of one of the terraced houses... you then walk over a sort of bridge which spans a few of locals back gardens (all very strange).
My mate is a Southport supported and has visited a lot of non-league grounds . He said even by non league standards Luton is a bit rubbish. Cramped, not a great view (depending where you sit), and leaving is a nightmare because there's only one exit (entrance).

You are not going to be elected to the local chamber of commerce anytime soon Rs Holy with a description like that. .But seriously it might be a game to avoid for the OP if at all possible.If time wont permit a home game then a nice spending spree at the club shop instead sounds safer
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 18:42 - Mar 9 with 3317 viewsLongsufferingR

Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 18:40 - Mar 9 by CLAREMAN1995

You are not going to be elected to the local chamber of commerce anytime soon Rs Holy with a description like that. .But seriously it might be a game to avoid for the OP if at all possible.If time wont permit a home game then a nice spending spree at the club shop instead sounds safer

Yours sincerely

Mr.Clare
Club Shop Manager
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 20:53 - Mar 9 with 3225 viewsCiderwithRsie

Staying in Kilburn and going to Luton, eh?

I'm hoping that this isn't your honeymoon.
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 21:15 - Mar 9 with 3173 viewsqueensparker

Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 12:37 - Mar 9 by queensparker

That last line wasn’t sarcastic btw nyhoops - you should definitely try and get tickets and contact the club / let them know you’re flying over and see if they’ll keep a couple back as they’ll probably be hard to get hold of in the away end.

QPR playing Luton away is one of the few chances left to see what football was like in the “good old days”. Selfie sticks and half and half scarves and VAR and YouTube influencers will be in short supply but you’ll have a good day out, especially if we win

In terms of travel it’s dead easy - get the tube from Kilburn to St Pancras and then there are regular trains to Luton
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 21:32]
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 21:46 - Mar 9 with 3101 viewsstowmarketrange

Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 21:15 - Mar 9 by queensparker

That last line wasn’t sarcastic btw nyhoops - you should definitely try and get tickets and contact the club / let them know you’re flying over and see if they’ll keep a couple back as they’ll probably be hard to get hold of in the away end.

QPR playing Luton away is one of the few chances left to see what football was like in the “good old days”. Selfie sticks and half and half scarves and VAR and YouTube influencers will be in short supply but you’ll have a good day out, especially if we win

In terms of travel it’s dead easy - get the tube from Kilburn to St Pancras and then there are regular trains to Luton
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 21:32]

Get the train from St Pancras and travel back 35 years in only 30 minutes.
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 21:13 - Mar 10 with 2796 viewsnyhoops

Thank you all for the help, I will get in touch with the club. Everything that has been mentioned regarding the toilet, the garden walkway, the general feeling of animosity and dilapidation--- I must say that it appeals to me greatly. And as I mentioned, will be the only chance to watch QPR during this trip, which feels like an absolute must.

If I hear for the club I will let everyone know how it goes--- please let me know if there are any direct contacts I should write to, but for now I will make a general inquiry.
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 21:23 - Mar 10 with 2777 viewsBoston

Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 21:13 - Mar 10 by nyhoops

Thank you all for the help, I will get in touch with the club. Everything that has been mentioned regarding the toilet, the garden walkway, the general feeling of animosity and dilapidation--- I must say that it appeals to me greatly. And as I mentioned, will be the only chance to watch QPR during this trip, which feels like an absolute must.

If I hear for the club I will let everyone know how it goes--- please let me know if there are any direct contacts I should write to, but for now I will make a general inquiry.

..and that's only Kilburn, wait 'til you get to Luton.

Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 21:27 - Mar 10 with 2751 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

In terms of getting there, take the Jubilee line to West Hampstead, exit, then take the Thameslink National Rail to Luton.

Luton's ground is fine and is probably in a better state than ours.

They are getting a new ground soon enough so last chance to experience an old school ground.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 21:35]
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 15:32 - Mar 11 with 2546 viewsnyhoops

Hi all, thanks again for the help so far. This is the message that I received back from the Club this morning:

Thank you for your email.
Unfortunately the Luton Town fixture is one with extremely high demand and a smaller allocation which results in the club having to sell via our loyalty points scheme. This means those with the highest amount of loyalty points gained from being a season ticket holder/members and attending away fixtures get first priority on tickets and would expect to sell out to supporters with no less than 1,200 points.

As this is the first time we have been to Luton Town since 2006 it is a very popular game amongst our fan base and we understand supporters will be disappointed but our loyalty points scheme is the most fair way to sell tickets especially for fixtures such as this one with a must smaller allocation available to us.

I am sorry to give you disappointing news but we hope you are able to attend the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium in the near future.

Obviously, this leaves me quite sad! A benevolent LFW user sent me a helpful contact, so I am attempting a second go round at this, but as always, any tips greatly appreciated!

I hope to not be too much of a nuisance with this, but really hope that I am able to join some of you away at Luton.
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 15:53 - Mar 11 with 2506 viewsstowmarketrange

Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 15:32 - Mar 11 by nyhoops

Hi all, thanks again for the help so far. This is the message that I received back from the Club this morning:

Thank you for your email.
Unfortunately the Luton Town fixture is one with extremely high demand and a smaller allocation which results in the club having to sell via our loyalty points scheme. This means those with the highest amount of loyalty points gained from being a season ticket holder/members and attending away fixtures get first priority on tickets and would expect to sell out to supporters with no less than 1,200 points.

As this is the first time we have been to Luton Town since 2006 it is a very popular game amongst our fan base and we understand supporters will be disappointed but our loyalty points scheme is the most fair way to sell tickets especially for fixtures such as this one with a must smaller allocation available to us.

I am sorry to give you disappointing news but we hope you are able to attend the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium in the near future.

Obviously, this leaves me quite sad! A benevolent LFW user sent me a helpful contact, so I am attempting a second go round at this, but as always, any tips greatly appreciated!

I hope to not be too much of a nuisance with this, but really hope that I am able to join some of you away at Luton.

Have you tried writing to Luton and seeing if you can sit in with the the home fans?But don’t tell them you’re an R’s fan.
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 20:32 - Mar 11 with 2406 viewsnyhoops

Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 15:53 - Mar 11 by stowmarketrange

Have you tried writing to Luton and seeing if you can sit in with the the home fans?But don’t tell them you’re an R’s fan.

It seems that this might be the only way at this point-- will still be nice to get a chance to watch QPR, but sad to be missing a chance to sit with the away fans.
Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 20:44 - Mar 11 with 2386 viewsBoston

Luton Away Help (visiting from New York) on 20:32 - Mar 11 by nyhoops

It seems that this might be the only way at this point-- will still be nice to get a chance to watch QPR, but sad to be missing a chance to sit with the away fans.

Honest mate, they hate us, be careful.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024