Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show 22:16 - Jul 5 with 2137 viewsTacticalR

Yesterday a guy who is writing a biography of Chris Wright rang up the Robert Elms Show to find out exactly which QPR matches Blondie had attended in the 1970s. Elms put out an appeal for the information and said if nobody knew he would go on to Indy Rs, LFW or WATRB to ask for the information.

Air hostess clique

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 22:19 - Jul 5 with 2120 viewsWatfordR

WATRB for info on QPR in the seventies....

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 22:26 - Jul 5 with 2096 viewsBazWoT

Shame he didn't mention QPR Report as the history section run by Bushman would have the photos and detail to answer the question.

No idea what detail Indys might have, that's for sure.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 01:27 - Jul 6 with 1967 viewsSonofNorfolt

She sat next to me against Everton, and I got a bit of a reach around. I'm not sure what it was as a 12 yr old. Even less so as a 48 yr old.
Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:01 - Jul 6 with 1769 viewsTacticalR

Nice!

Btw, the name of the guy who is writing Chris Wright's biography is Pierre Perrone.

Air hostess clique

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:12 - Jul 6 with 1753 viewsreal_loftus

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:01 - Jul 6 by TacticalR

Nice!

Btw, the name of the guy who is writing Chris Wright's biography is Pierre Perrone.

I know his brother, Nastro.....

ATAF.

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:20 - Jul 6 with 1739 viewsNorthernr

I do like Robert Elms' show. Big part of the city.
Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:34 - Jul 6 with 1700 viewsTacticalR

It's great that he mentions QPR ever chance he gets. It makes me wonder how I would feel if the host of a show supported another team and was always mentioning them!

Air hostess clique

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:43 - Jul 6 with 1675 viewsMoonshineSteve

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:01 - Jul 6 by TacticalR

Nice!

That's lucky.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Login to get fewer ads

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:48 - Jul 6 with 1659 viewsTacticalR

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:43 - Jul 6 by MoonshineSteve

That's lucky.

Maybe...he also writes obituaries for The Independent.

Air hostess clique

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 10:38 - Aug 24 with 1392 viewsBonanzaBob

I get a bit fed up with Mr Elms, he seems to parade his lefty credentials at every opportunity - perhaps to keep his job at the BBC. Today he has raised his game with both Nesrine Malik and Afua Hirsch - 2 Guardian journalists whose articles are consistently on target with criticism of the UK.
Robert needs to realise that there are other journalists from papers that are not the Guardian and get some balance - but then again it is the BBC and that is what we pay £157 a year licence for.
Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:11 - Aug 24 with 1261 viewsTacticalR

For the record...this thread is from 2012, and the poster who has just revived it has never posted before.

Air hostess clique

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:11 - Aug 24 with 1260 viewsDannyPaddox

Picture this ...

By the look on her face (and the page in the programme) she was almost certainly at the 0-0 Norwich City game on Good Friday the 13th of April 1979.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 11:13]
Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:14 - Aug 24 with 1246 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:11 - Aug 24 by TacticalR

For the record...this thread is from 2012, and the poster who has just revived it has never posted before.

I’ll bet they have posted before.
Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:18 - Aug 24 with 1226 viewsLblock

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:11 - Aug 24 by DannyPaddox

Picture this ...

By the look on her face (and the page in the programme) she was almost certainly at the 0-0 Norwich City game on Good Friday the 13th of April 1979.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 11:13]

No matter the thread is well old it's always great seeing these again.

Rob Elms is a top man, met him few times and he's hoops to the core.
His book, The Way We Wore, is also a great read.

Love it

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:40 - Aug 24 with 1151 viewsMoonshineSteve

I knew it was pretty old from Norfolt's reference to being 48.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:41 - Aug 24 with 1144 viewsMick_S

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:40 - Aug 24 by MoonshineSteve

I knew it was pretty old from Norfolt's reference to being 48.

Yeah, that almost got me as well.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:47 - Aug 24 with 1117 viewsRs_Holy

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:18 - Aug 24 by Lblock

No matter the thread is well old it's always great seeing these again.

Rob Elms is a top man, met him few times and he's hoops to the core.
His book, The Way We Wore, is also a great read.

Love it

'London Made Us' is a great read too!
Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:48 - Aug 24 with 1107 viewsMick_S

Loft for Words mentioned on yesterday's Robert Elms Show on 11:47 - Aug 24 by Rs_Holy

'London Made Us' is a great read too!

Agreed - tremendous monkey/train story.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024