Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing 13:04 - Sep 4 with 2622 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/52821
A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 13:43 - Sep 4 with 2387 viewstoboboly

Not too inspired by this one.

Interesting that whilst he is more experienced he still has 'only' played 213 times (69 of those off the bench) at the age of 28.

Since being with us the first time he has played 105 times in 6 years and has been relegated.

Eze has 134 appearances in 4 years and Bright has 171 in 6 years.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 14:10 - Sep 4 with 2286 viewsflynnbo

Welcome back, Tom. I wish you all the very best in your second spell with the finest football team the world has ever seen.
A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 14:14 - Sep 4 with 2271 viewsdaveB

I'd personally rather have seen Betacche get games this season but looks like he'll be off on loan now, we do need more in central midfield so hopefully our style of play helps him to flourish, just don't give him the number 10 shirt
A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 14:19 - Sep 4 with 2244 viewsflynnbo

A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 14:14 - Sep 4 by daveB

I'd personally rather have seen Betacche get games this season but looks like he'll be off on loan now, we do need more in central midfield so hopefully our style of play helps him to flourish, just don't give him the number 10 shirt

Loan spells certainly helped Eze and Chair so fingers crossed the same will apply here.
A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 14:41 - Sep 4 with 2140 viewsLeedsR

A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 14:14 - Sep 4 by daveB

I think Bettache going on loan won’t be a bad thing as long he’s getting regular competitive football, rather than bits and bobs here and there.

Re Tom Carroll however, I wrote on another thread that it was a “no” from me. I guess that as he was a free, on a 1 year contract, and Warbs having seen a lot of him would possibly make me less unfussed about him. Ok, he’s got a bit more experience now and the situation with the club is different to when he first came, but to me he’s a squad player with a bit of experience to fill a gap when we go down with the inevitable injuries. As Warbs is regularly keen to point out, the games will come thick and fast, and we will need a squad to draw upon, however much of a meh signing (as was said above) he is. Let’s hope he does “improve” the squad.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2020 14:43]
A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 14:51 - Sep 4 with 2086 viewsdaveB

A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 14:19 - Sep 4 by flynnbo

Loan spells certainly helped Eze and Chair so fingers crossed the same will apply here.

yeah hope it works out but with a small squad i'd like to have seen him get a chance, he's looked good in pre season
A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 14:53 - Sep 4 with 2085 viewssouthbrookstreet

A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 14:10 - Sep 4 by flynnbo

Welcome back, Tom. I wish you all the very best in your second spell with the finest football team the world has ever seen.

agree with you flynnbo... too many Rs fans now expect too much dont give some players a chance I am backing the bread-man on his signings
A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 15:46 - Sep 4 with 1901 viewsBrianMcCarthy

swisscottage nails it in his comment on the article.

"If Caroll does constantly play it safe, crablike, Warbs will drop him its as simple as that. Nearly everything about Warbs ball is about pulling the opposition out of shape and attacking at pace, and whilst that requires recycling the ball it also requires fast decisive forward passing, and if he doesn't show that he won't play."

I'm happy with this addition to the squad. As Jeff rightly says:

Not all signings are meant to be revolutionary, groundbreaking or indeed game changing. some are meant to be functional, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. We're signing a 28 year old, with no real injury record to note, who has played for a much better team than us in both this league and the league above. He fits our system. We've trialled him before taking the plunge. He's free. He'll be well within our wage structure. He offers us depth in the midfield. There's almost no risk involved. Does it excite me? of course not. But equally, it doesn't concern me either. We're still in the market for other players in other positions, this just fills a hole that needs to be filled..."

Welcome back to Tom.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 15:47 - Sep 4 with 1901 viewsloftboy

Fresh start, slate wiped clean,5 years is along time in a players development, can we give him a chance before writing him off.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 16:15 - Sep 4 with 1811 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Any news if Parajo is returning?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 16:22 - Sep 4 with 1785 viewsNushnool

As others have said, it's not the most exciting signing, but neither do I think it's a bad one.

I would rather sign a "proven" like Carroll for a season with potential for more after that, than an unproven, young loanee from a PL club (a role he once assumed himself here!).
A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 16:31 - Sep 4 with 1730 viewsNorthernr

Somebody's excited anyway...

A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 16:37 - Sep 4 with 1709 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 16:22 - Sep 4 by Nushnool

As others have said, it's not the most exciting signing, but neither do I think it's a bad one.

I would rather sign a "proven" like Carroll for a season with potential for more after that, than an unproven, young loanee from a PL club (a role he once assumed himself here!).

Great avatar!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 16:37 - Sep 4 with 1709 viewsBklynRanger

A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 16:31 - Sep 4 by Northernr

First game after we're allowed back everyone should wear Chinese girl masks, make him feel welcome.
A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 16:49 - Sep 4 with 1658 viewsaston_hoop

A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 16:31 - Sep 4 by Northernr

Has OnlyHereForTheNiko got a new hero??

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 17:20 - Sep 4 with 1553 viewsdenhamhoop2

For QPR as we are currently, a very good signing who plays Warbs style of football fits our wage structure and does have an eye for a pass(Just struggled to actually play it when with us on loan). My only concern is it probably means Bettache will have to be loaned out to get game experience Oxford would be my first choice( Division below they play a similiar style and should be looking at a promotion bid). The other thing is he was always highly rated by Ramsey but did struggle to actually get into Spurs youth team ahead of physically more impressive individuals Bostock and Parrett(Just shows how flawed some people in English football's thinking is)
A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 18:09 - Sep 4 with 1461 viewsstainrods_elbow

A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 15:46 - Sep 4 by BrianMcCarthy

swisscottage nails it in his comment on the article.

"If Caroll does constantly play it safe, crablike, Warbs will drop him its as simple as that. Nearly everything about Warbs ball is about pulling the opposition out of shape and attacking at pace, and whilst that requires recycling the ball it also requires fast decisive forward passing, and if he doesn't show that he won't play."

I'm happy with this addition to the squad. As Jeff rightly says:

Not all signings are meant to be revolutionary, groundbreaking or indeed game changing. some are meant to be functional, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. We're signing a 28 year old, with no real injury record to note, who has played for a much better team than us in both this league and the league above. He fits our system. We've trialled him before taking the plunge. He's free. He'll be well within our wage structure. He offers us depth in the midfield. There's almost no risk involved. Does it excite me? of course not. But equally, it doesn't concern me either. We're still in the market for other players in other positions, this just fills a hole that needs to be filled..."

Welcome back to Tom.

If swisscottage speaketh sooth, how does he account for Warbs' borderline perverse perseverance with Amos? Hardly the epitome of incisive creativity in the middle of the park, one would have thought. The thought of both he and Carroll playing together (at the expense of one of our own, moreover, in Mr Bettache) makes me wince - putting the puff into powder doesn't begin to cover it! We need a gun (though not necessarily a Gunner)!

What price a Derry-esque enforcer? And a proper, proven goalscorer (sigh)? And another central defender? And a decent goalkeeper? I already suspect the lion's share of the Eze money that Hoos has decided is available for strengthening the squad has gone on Dykes, which may or may not come off, but is only one piece of a work in progress even if it does.

Right now, I predict a 3rd round F A Cup exit, a bail-out of the only other cup we've ever won (whatever sponsor's name is on it these days), and a final placing of anywhere between 16th and, uh, 16th.

Sorry to those relentless positivists who are offended by anyone who's not Mr Sunshine, but QPR, and football generally, are sliding south!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 18:52 - Sep 4 with 1401 viewsNushnool

A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 16:37 - Sep 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Great avatar!

I just can’t help but chuckle at it!
A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 19:04 - Sep 4 with 1379 viewshantssi

A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 18:09 - Sep 4 by stainrods_elbow

If swisscottage speaketh sooth, how does he account for Warbs' borderline perverse perseverance with Amos? Hardly the epitome of incisive creativity in the middle of the park, one would have thought. The thought of both he and Carroll playing together (at the expense of one of our own, moreover, in Mr Bettache) makes me wince - putting the puff into powder doesn't begin to cover it! We need a gun (though not necessarily a Gunner)!

What price a Derry-esque enforcer? And a proper, proven goalscorer (sigh)? And another central defender? And a decent goalkeeper? I already suspect the lion's share of the Eze money that Hoos has decided is available for strengthening the squad has gone on Dykes, which may or may not come off, but is only one piece of a work in progress even if it does.

Right now, I predict a 3rd round F A Cup exit, a bail-out of the only other cup we've ever won (whatever sponsor's name is on it these days), and a final placing of anywhere between 16th and, uh, 16th.

Sorry to those relentless positivists who are offended by anyone who's not Mr Sunshine, but QPR, and football generally, are sliding south!

Why do you feel we’re sliding south?
Higher league position, best football for years, 4thish lowest wage bill in the division, BIG sale of a player we developed.
We may not be as good this season but I’m guessing you had us down for relegation last season as well.
You just can’t resist coming on here having a pop at Hoos and Evil Les, perhaps, just perhaps they and Warburton know a LOT more about football than you do.
A second QPR chance for Carroll — Signing on 02:56 - Sep 5 with 1019 viewstimcocking

Wow. I'm astonished. Him and Amos together makes one central midfielder. Let's hope they're both better than they've looked so far.

As far as i remember, Carroll offered nothing when he was here before. No guile, no dribbling, no range of passing, no goals, no aerial ability, no physical presence. Another player who i can't believe gets paid to play football.

Oh well, it's nice to see us signing people i suppose, let's hope he's improved. Free transfer, one year? Not much to lose i suppose, some premier league experience. Good luck Tom.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 3:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024