Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOS 20:29 - Jan 30 with 2678 viewsDubaiR

Made his debut today
BOS on 20:30 - Jan 30 with 2668 viewsDubaiR

Won 1 0 now top of the league. Come on in the 61st minute. Its smart stadium
BOS on 20:40 - Jan 30 with 2624 viewsdixiedean

Suffice to say for me he is a complete irrelevance now. In other news Eze scored for Palace .......
BOS on 20:42 - Jan 30 with 2598 viewsMyke

This is ridiculous. I'm tempted to start another Manning thread... just for balance, like.
BOS on 20:48 - Jan 30 with 2572 viewsaston_hoop

Shodipo got 65 minutes for Oxford today, they have won 8 in a row now. club record equalled.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

BOS on 21:15 - Jan 30 with 2417 viewsthame_hoops

BOS Is now POS
BOS on 21:15 - Jan 30 with 2418 viewsMyke

BOS on 20:48 - Jan 30 by aston_hoop

Shodipo got 65 minutes for Oxford today, they have won 8 in a row now. club record equalled.

Doesn't look like he's coming back -pity
BOS on 19:30 - Jan 31 with 1815 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Fenerbahce stadium looks nice. Anyone ever been?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

BOS on 20:11 - Jan 31 with 1705 viewsStanisgod

Not interested.

How did he do, is there a sell on clause? 😁

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

BOS on 20:54 - Jan 31 with 1613 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Did we get any money for him going there early?
BOS on 21:05 - Jan 31 with 1581 viewsjeffranger

And? He’s history & move on
BOS on 21:42 - Jan 31 with 1482 viewsGloryHunter

Shame. He could have been a local hero, like his mates Eze and Chair. But he seems to have an inflated sense of his own worth. Or else he has been very badly advised by his agent.
BOS on 23:10 - Jan 31 with 1338 viewsCheshireR

BOS on 19:30 - Jan 31 by CliveWilsonSaid

Fenerbahce stadium looks nice. Anyone ever been?

I was in Istanbul with mini Chesh about 8 years ago and travelled over the water to the Fenerbahce stadium. No match was taking place, but we were hoping to go on a tour of the stadium and museum. Unfortunately the staff in the club shop told us that no tours were available and we could not get inside the stadium or into the closed museum.
Undeterred we walked around the ground to the main entrance where the receptionist again told us that we couldn't get in. Within earshot of our conversation was an elderly chap who came over to see if he could assist. The old boy turned out to be the curator of the Fenerbahce museum and he kindly offered to take us on a private tour. Bingo - we were in.
Thankfully his English was very good and as he showed us around the museum he explained the proud history of his club. When we told him we were Queen's Park Rangers fans he took us to a display cabinet holding a QPR v Fenerbahce programme from Loftus Road in the 1950's. Being a total saddo I was able to tell him that the match ended in a 2.2 draw.
The old boy then disappeared into an adjoining room and returned with a giant ledger, which when opened, displayed handwritten records from Fenerbahce games in the 1950's. He carefully thumbed the pages until he came to the match at Loftus Road. Thankfully his book confirmed my scoreline - and I had just made a new friend!
It proved to be a very memorable afternoon and we were certainly shown some wonderful hospitality by the curator, who was delighted to show us around his club. It has been my intention to return to Istanbul to see a game or two, hopefully I will soon get the opportunity.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 23:24]
BOS on 09:34 - Feb 1 with 1024 viewsA40Bosh

BOS on 21:42 - Jan 31 by GloryHunter

Shame. He could have been a local hero, like his mates Eze and Chair. But he seems to have an inflated sense of his own worth. Or else he has been very badly advised by his agent.

Only time will tell whether the advice he has received and the advice he has chosen to accept turns out to have been good or bad.

Being a local hero may not be very near the top of his career aspirations. Players are given time limited contracts and there is no moral obligation for a player to resign if he wants to leave, in the same way a club will very quickly tell a player he isn’t getting a new one if they choose.

If his major career objective is to earn as much money as he can as quickly as he can then that is up to him. It’s a temporary relationship and we only get upset if a player is half decent and wants to leave us - ignoring the fact that we are hovering around the relegation positions again.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024