Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid 18:41 - Apr 27 with 1976 viewsGloryHunter

Jamie Reuben. Major Tory Party donor. Funded Boris Johnson's constituency office. Seems to have quit QPR shortly after the takeover bid was knocked back:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/apr/27/partner-in-saudi-bid-to-buy-new

"Jamie Reuben’s involvement in bid supported by Boris Johnson raises more cronyism questions"
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 18:51]
QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 19:09 - Apr 27 with 1876 viewsLowerloftLad

is it that time of year again already ?

is it me or does the annual Newcastle takeover bid start earlier and earlier every year these days.

i wonder what month it will collapse this year ?.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 19:31 - Apr 27 with 1819 viewsGloryHunter

QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 19:09 - Apr 27 by LowerloftLad

is it that time of year again already ?

is it me or does the annual Newcastle takeover bid start earlier and earlier every year these days.

i wonder what month it will collapse this year ?.

It was last year's takeover bid. The current news angle is that Prince Mohammed was recently revealed to have personally called Boris to try to get him to overturn the Premier League's FPP objections. And now "our" Jamie has been linked, his family also being thick with Zac Goldsmith, who is best mates with Carrie Symonds, etc etc. Cronyism at its most naked. Maybe lucky for QPR that he jumped ship before this all hit the fan, otherwise we might have been drawn into another scandal.
QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 19:35 - Apr 27 with 1812 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I had a real chill when this fella joined our board, because of the implications for the stadium. NUFC should be equally worried.
QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 19:43 - Apr 27 with 1776 viewsSheffieldHoop

QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 19:35 - Apr 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

I had a real chill when this fella joined our board, because of the implications for the stadium. NUFC should be equally worried.

What? In case he bulldozes St James' and replaces it with luxury flats? Seems likely, Baz.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 19:52 - Apr 27 with 1734 viewsGloryHunter

QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 19:43 - Apr 27 by SheffieldHoop

What? In case he bulldozes St James' and replaces it with luxury flats? Seems likely, Baz.

The Reuben family are property developers. When property developers get interested in football clubs, it's not usually because of some boyhood crush on Stan Bowles or Malcolm MacDonald.
QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 19:58 - Apr 27 with 1699 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 19:43 - Apr 27 by SheffieldHoop

Well, skipping past your flippancy, that has been literally done in some cases but otherwise I'm talking about land purchasing around stadiums / training grounds and property swapping.

There are ways to make money from Land without even getting a spade out.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 20:03]
QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 20:11 - Apr 27 with 1639 viewsGloryHunter

QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 19:58 - Apr 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well, skipping past your flippancy, that has been literally done in some cases but otherwise I'm talking about land purchasing around stadiums / training grounds and property swapping.

There are ways to make money from Land without even getting a spade out.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 20:03]

Jamie Reuben joined the QPR Board in October 2018 and quit in October 2020. I wonder how that fits around the plans for Old Oak Common and Warren Farm? (I think Old Oak must have already been out of the picture by then?)
QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 20:17 - Apr 27 with 1617 viewsbosh67

Is this thread in the time machine area?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 20:21 - Apr 27 with 1593 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 20:17 - Apr 27 by bosh67

Is this thread in the time machine area?

More Groundhog Day!
QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 20:27 - Apr 27 with 1564 viewsSheffieldHoop

Precisely what has Jamie Ruben done then, to be perceived with so much suspicion? Is there evidence that he's trying to sabotage football clubs? Did he do something appalling while at QPR?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 23:17 - Apr 27 with 1256 viewsGloryHunter

QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 20:27 - Apr 27 by SheffieldHoop

Precisely what has Jamie Ruben done then, to be perceived with so much suspicion? Is there evidence that he's trying to sabotage football clubs? Did he do something appalling while at QPR?

Under the rules of the FA Premier League and those of UEFA, it is prohibited for the owners or directors of a football club to have the power to influence the management of another club.

But a more interesting point is that whilst he was a QPR Director Jamie Reuben joined a consortium including Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who has been accused of complicity in the state-sponsored assassination of journalist Salman Khashoggi. When the Premier League intervened to stop the takeover, Prince Mohammed personally lobbied the British Prime Minister to intervene, threatening that if the takeover was blocked it would have negative implications for relationships between the two countries. I thought this might be of interest to fellow QPR supporters, but maybe I was wrong.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 23:51]
QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 23:45 - Apr 27 with 1201 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 20:27 - Apr 27 by SheffieldHoop

I think it’s very reasonable to be suspicious of a West London property developer with no football experience joining the board of a loss making Football Club sitting on £100m worth of land personally.
QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 00:52 - Apr 28 with 1139 viewsBoston

Thanks to Gloria for bringing to our attention a wonderful example of Jew and Wahabi Muslim working together in peace.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 0:53]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 11:18 - Apr 28 with 877 viewskensalriser

QPR Director linked with Saudi Newcastle takeover bid on 00:52 - Apr 28 by Boston

Thanks to Gloria for bringing to our attention a wonderful example of Jew and Wahabi Muslim working together in peace.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 0:53]

Worship of Mammon transcends all.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024