Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke yesterday 16:52 - May 2 with 2335 viewsthehat

That performance for me yesterday showed where we are as a club right now and the benifits we are seeing from the last few years of sensible structure and management.

Brilliant Goalkeeper with good back up

Solid defence with the right mix of being solid and able to play

Creative midfield

Two top draw forwards who seem to gel

A quality bench

A solid coaching and management team

A good youth set up

Decent scouting network

Players who want to be at the club and enjoy wearing the hoops - Good Eggs

A settled boardroom with fantastic owners

So much to like and I for one cant wait to renew my season ticket- The future is very much blue and white..........

Stoke yesterday on 18:22 - May 2 with 2126 viewsQPR_John

Unfortunately FFP might put an end to all that
Stoke yesterday on 18:29 - May 2 with 2090 viewsrsonist

Stoke yesterday on 18:22 - May 2 by QPR_John

Unfortunately FFP might put an end to all that

It might put an end to this particular side and this particular run of good form, but it doesn't put an end to the identity and the people committed to it.
Stoke yesterday on 18:41 - May 2 with 2045 viewsQPR_John

Stoke yesterday on 18:29 - May 2 by rsonist

It might put an end to this particular side and this particular run of good form, but it doesn't put an end to the identity and the people committed to it.

Of course the manager and backroom staff may stay but it is what goes on on the pitch that matters. Warburton and others have worked wonders in putting this squad together but it will not happen every year. If we cannot keep this squad together because of interference from the FL how can we ever progress. Even if it were possible to build a squad like this every season because of FFP we would always have to sell and then rebuild. Not a plan for progression
[Post edited 2 May 2021 18:47]
Stoke yesterday on 19:24 - May 2 with 1936 viewsTGRRRSSS

Surely if Fakes don't get done for their set of results FFP is a dead duck..... mind you we are QPR and thats different.......
Stoke yesterday on 19:24 - May 2 with 1937 viewsT_Block

Rson please explain how FFP will put an end the the points outlined?
Stoke yesterday on 19:29 - May 2 with 1912 viewsTGRRRSSS

He does he says we have to sell and replace.

Not sure I totally agree but Hoos is always saying how much of a strufgle it is as the ground alone eats money every year etc etc.
Stoke yesterday on 04:15 - May 3 with 1666 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Stoke yesterday on 19:29 - May 2 by TGRRRSSS

He does he says we have to sell and replace.

Not sure I totally agree but Hoos is always saying how much of a strufgle it is as the ground alone eats money every year etc etc.

I hope the owners can see the potential and invest in the loan players so we can keep this momentum for the new season.

That is if we actually want to get promoted again.
Stoke yesterday on 07:47 - May 3 with 1485 viewsnix

Stoke yesterday on 04:15 - May 3 by superhoopdownunder

I hope the owners can see the potential and invest in the loan players so we can keep this momentum for the new season.

That is if we actually want to get promoted again.

I hope they only do this at the right price. Of course they want to get promoted again. That's the whole business plan. But not to take a chance and risk going bust or falling foul of FFP. We've been down that path and where did it get us?

I'm really valuing what they've achieved to date over the last three seasons. Excellent manager. Good young players. Fantastic team spirit. Selling a player at a good price that allows us to invest. Keeping within our budget. Putting in place a recruitment and coaching system that allows us to develop young players and bring in on loan older, experienced guys that provide the guile and backbone that younger players almost inevitably lack.

Just because they don't tear all that up to keep a vocal section of the fan base happy does not mean they lack ambition. Surely we can all see what's happened to Wigan, Hull, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Birmingham, Forest etc? All of which we're well ahead of in the league pyramid. As well as Millwall, Preston, Huddersfield and all the teams that are always wheeled out as doing better than us on a shoestring. Apart from Barnsley. But they also haven't broken the bank financially. Just kept their last season's squad together and added a few shrewd investments, especially the £20 million striker that they got on loan to put in the shop window over here.

I'd love us to keep Johansen and CA. But only if we stay sustainable. The players that struggled at the beginning of the season, will be much more seasoned and confident campaigners, even if we don't have those two in the team. We're a different prospect than at the beginning of this season if we don't lose any of our defence, our goalie, Chair, Willock or Dykes. We'd need to get people in to replace them, clearly, but I don't think we'd be back to square one by any means.
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke yesterday on 09:40 - May 3 with 1253 viewsterryb

Stoke yesterday on 18:41 - May 2 by QPR_John

Of course the manager and backroom staff may stay but it is what goes on on the pitch that matters. Warburton and others have worked wonders in putting this squad together but it will not happen every year. If we cannot keep this squad together because of interference from the FL how can we ever progress. Even if it were possible to build a squad like this every season because of FFP we would always have to sell and then rebuild. Not a plan for progression
[Post edited 2 May 2021 18:47]

I can only remember two short periods during my lifetime when Queens Park Rangers have not lived by selling & rebuilding, but they have certainly progressed in that time.

Between 1972-76 & 1981-84 we were a buying club that held on to our players, but JG soon reverted to the norm after Sexton & Venables left the club as our manager.

This had nothing to do with the FL or external financial considerations, but was purely down to the owners placing a limit on how much capital they were prepared to lose.

To progress, as I interpret your post, requires no regulations & owners that have multiple billions that they are happy to say goodbye to.
Stoke yesterday on 09:40 - May 3 with 1251 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Stoke yesterday on 07:47 - May 3 by nix

I hope they only do this at the right price. Of course they want to get promoted again. That's the whole business plan. But not to take a chance and risk going bust or falling foul of FFP. We've been down that path and where did it get us?

I'm really valuing what they've achieved to date over the last three seasons. Excellent manager. Good young players. Fantastic team spirit. Selling a player at a good price that allows us to invest. Keeping within our budget. Putting in place a recruitment and coaching system that allows us to develop young players and bring in on loan older, experienced guys that provide the guile and backbone that younger players almost inevitably lack.

Just because they don't tear all that up to keep a vocal section of the fan base happy does not mean they lack ambition. Surely we can all see what's happened to Wigan, Hull, Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Birmingham, Forest etc? All of which we're well ahead of in the league pyramid. As well as Millwall, Preston, Huddersfield and all the teams that are always wheeled out as doing better than us on a shoestring. Apart from Barnsley. But they also haven't broken the bank financially. Just kept their last season's squad together and added a few shrewd investments, especially the £20 million striker that they got on loan to put in the shop window over here.

I'd love us to keep Johansen and CA. But only if we stay sustainable. The players that struggled at the beginning of the season, will be much more seasoned and confident campaigners, even if we don't have those two in the team. We're a different prospect than at the beginning of this season if we don't lose any of our defence, our goalie, Chair, Willock or Dykes. We'd need to get people in to replace them, clearly, but I don't think we'd be back to square one by any means.

Nix I agree we need to be sensible.
We have come a long way in the past two seasons.
Hopefully we have enough capacity to at least try and get Austin and more importantly Johansen.
Their contribution has been significant to our improvement in the second half of the season. I would suggest both on and off the pitch.
Stoke yesterday on 10:29 - May 3 with 1166 viewsmcqpr10

I like that we cut our cloth accordingly and most weeks are playing against teams with much bigger wage bills. Let's say we sell dieng for 6 mill and sign another willock and dickie for 3 million, we've made a profit and gained two players with resale value. Of course this requires excellent recruitment which is not easy. Warburton a great manager in this process. Doesn't seem too bothered by having to sell and wants to work and develop younger players. For too many years we have wanted to hold on to your players. Look at the players we've lost the last year and we have finished higher .
Stoke yesterday on 10:40 - May 3 with 1136 viewsRoller

I think that this summer’s transfer activities are going to be defined by cash flow more than FFP. The continued tight control over expenditure, the sale of Eze and the temporary changes to FFP will mean that we are comfortably within our permitted losses, but the massive effect of Covid on income for all clubs at our level and down seems to get glossed over.

If we want to move on Todd Kane, who is going to have the money to buy him? We’ve seen the frightening sets of accounts published recently by the likes of Reading and Birmingham. Admittedly both clubs are basket cases, but it needs to be remembered that these accounts have been for the season only briefly affected by Covid. Every club, including QPR, will be suffering horrendous operating losses for the current season and I expect soft registration embargoes to be commonplace in the Championship.

If we are looking to the owners for an influx of capital, how do we think Westports Malaysia and Air Asia have been coping in the pandemic? I don’t expect to see much money change hands this summer.
Stoke yesterday on 11:10 - May 3 with 1077 viewsQPR_John

Stoke yesterday on 09:40 - May 3 by terryb

I can only remember two short periods during my lifetime when Queens Park Rangers have not lived by selling & rebuilding, but they have certainly progressed in that time.

Between 1972-76 & 1981-84 we were a buying club that held on to our players, but JG soon reverted to the norm after Sexton & Venables left the club as our manager.

This had nothing to do with the FL or external financial considerations, but was purely down to the owners placing a limit on how much capital they were prepared to lose.

To progress, as I interpret your post, requires no regulations & owners that have multiple billions that they are happy to say goodbye to.

"To progress, as I interpret your post, requires no regulations & owners that have multiple billions that they are happy to say goodbye to."

I don't like FFP never have done and never will. It was clearly introduced to appease the top clubs. We were one of the original members of the Premier League when it was possible to compete. I don't think the owners would need to pump billions into the club look at the squad now. That team can compete if allowed to stay together and it would not take billions to keep Austin and Johanson or to turn down bids for other players. But FFP might make that necessary.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024