Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan McLoughlin - RIP 16:32 - May 4 with 1853 viewssprocket

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/0504/1213740-alan-mcloughlin/

Not QPR related but for Irish R's fond memories. No age.
Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 16:35 - May 4 with 1825 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Poor man.

Ar dheis Dé.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 16:45 - May 4 with 1800 viewsJogo

Rest in peace 🙏
Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 16:47 - May 4 with 1792 viewsbosh67

Same age as me. Really sad news. RIP.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 17:15 - May 4 with 1691 viewsPaddyhoops

Shocking news. Irelands hero at Windsor Park back in 93.
RIP 🙏 .
Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 20:29 - May 4 with 1486 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Fcuk cancer gone way too young but his suffering is over .Hopefully playing on the green fields in a brighter place .Never be forgotton by ROI fans for that great goal that started our magic carpet ride .RIP
Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 21:16 - May 4 with 1423 viewsessextaxiboy

If pharma, money and politics can come together, to produce a brand new vaccine in less than a year why cant the same effort go into beating this fcking disease quicker .

I know that sounds simplistic but its a world problem costing millions in treatment and devastating families .
Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 21:46 - May 4 with 1380 viewsnix

Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 21:16 - May 4 by essextaxiboy

If pharma, money and politics can come together, to produce a brand new vaccine in less than a year why cant the same effort go into beating this fcking disease quicker .

I know that sounds simplistic but its a world problem costing millions in treatment and devastating families .

It's horrific. I think that cancer is a much more complex disease though, with many variants and disease processes.

They're coming out with new treatments though, all the time. Have you seen the article about how brain tumours may soon be treated by an asthma drug? Phenomenal.
Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 21:52 - May 4 with 1361 viewsParkRoyalR

A great professional and very good player who was always available for his country, no matter where or when, regardless of whether he would likely start or not. Taken too soon, RiP.
Login to get fewer ads

Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 23:51 - May 4 with 1272 viewsCiderwithRsie

Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 21:16 - May 4 by essextaxiboy

I'm afraid vaccines are just easier. I'm no medic but as I understand it essentially a vaccine is helping the immune system do the job it's evolved to do against a parasite; but cancer is your own body turning against you. You need your cells to reproduce but with cancer they're doing it uncontrollably - so many of the treatments are horrible because the treatment is sort of attacking you, killing your cells.

Very sad news, he was one of those players who had nothing to do with my teams but I always liked (there were a lot more of the in his day.)
Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 06:31 - May 5 with 1192 viewsessextaxiboy

Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 23:51 - May 4 by CiderwithRsie

I'm afraid vaccines are just easier. I'm no medic but as I understand it essentially a vaccine is helping the immune system do the job it's evolved to do against a parasite; but cancer is your own body turning against you. You need your cells to reproduce but with cancer they're doing it uncontrollably - so many of the treatments are horrible because the treatment is sort of attacking you, killing your cells.

Very sad news, he was one of those players who had nothing to do with my teams but I always liked (there were a lot more of the in his day.)

I do get that , my point is that with the will of all the research could be accelerated .
My Mum was 83 on Sat , in Oct she was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma , after chemo she has been left with a kidney stent , a blood clot in her leg and comes out of hosp today after a brush with Sepsis .The treatment at Queens Hosp Romford has been brilliant and uninterrupted by Covid ,its full up every day .
What a legacy it would be for this generation to be one to make treating this disease easier and quicker .
Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 15:29 - May 5 with 1063 viewsCiderwithRsie

Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 06:31 - May 5 by essextaxiboy

I do get that , my point is that with the will of all the research could be accelerated .
My Mum was 83 on Sat , in Oct she was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma , after chemo she has been left with a kidney stent , a blood clot in her leg and comes out of hosp today after a brush with Sepsis .The treatment at Queens Hosp Romford has been brilliant and uninterrupted by Covid ,its full up every day .
What a legacy it would be for this generation to be one to make treating this disease easier and quicker .

It would. All the best to your mum and you.
Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 15:32 - May 5 with 1052 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 15:29 - May 5 by CiderwithRsie

It would. All the best to your mum and you.

Seconded.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 19:17 - May 5 with 997 viewsessextaxiboy

Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 15:32 - May 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Seconded.

Thank you both
Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 00:34 - May 6 with 918 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Alan McLoughlin - RIP on 15:32 - May 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Seconded.

Add my best wishes to that list.Best wishes to her .Mothers Day is coming up enjoy it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024