Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travel woes 22:01 - Jun 30 with 2376 viewsScouse_R

Wanting to get a season ticket for me and my QPR mad 15-year old. I live in Liverpool and he lives in Oxford. Before lockdown, we had progressed to me meeting him in London - thus saving me the diversion to Oxford to pick him up on the way!

It's ok saying stadiums are open but there are hardly any train seats from Liverpool to London so I can't see how I can get down there for the games! WHat to do?!
Travel woes on 09:46 - Jul 1 with 2190 viewsfrancisbowles

Hopefully, when the government announces the further relaxation of restrictions it will lead to demand for transport increasing and the train companies responding with extra capacity.
Is there a coach service that would work as a back up plan?

Important year for you and your lad do what you can to make this happen.

Best of Rrrs luck.
Travel woes on 10:21 - Jul 1 with 2127 viewsScouse_R

Travel woes on 09:46 - Jul 1 by francisbowles

Hopefully, when the government announces the further relaxation of restrictions it will lead to demand for transport increasing and the train companies responding with extra capacity.
Is there a coach service that would work as a back up plan?

Important year for you and your lad do what you can to make this happen.

Best of Rrrs luck.

Thanks, mate. That's what I think: I've just got to make it happen. He's got GCSE's on his back this year so he needs his R's back. I'm hoping there will be more train seats after 19th July. COYRs!
Travel woes on 21:07 - Jul 1 with 1942 viewsWirralHoop

I have similar problem emergency fallback option…. Megabus have a service from Liverpool to Heathrow that gets to the airport around midday

Hoping more train tickets get released though or even the slow London Northwestern Railway
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 21:10]
Travel woes on 22:51 - Jul 1 with 1860 viewsScouse_R

Travel woes on 21:07 - Jul 1 by WirralHoop

I have similar problem emergency fallback option…. Megabus have a service from Liverpool to Heathrow that gets to the airport around midday

Hoping more train tickets get released though or even the slow London Northwestern Railway
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 21:10]

Yeah, even London North Western look attractive at the moment! Might even have to look at Megabus! Have you ever used it? I usually get the Avanti 2 hour service to Euston.
Travel woes on 05:52 - Jul 2 with 1770 viewsWirralHoop

Travel woes on 22:51 - Jul 1 by Scouse_R

Yeah, even London North Western look attractive at the moment! Might even have to look at Megabus! Have you ever used it? I usually get the Avanti 2 hour service to Euston.

Not used Megabus but have returned on overnight National Express after midweek match. Bought 2 tickets to ensure nobody next to me. It’s not much fun but served a purpose.
Travel woes on 07:43 - Jul 2 with 1699 viewsstowmarketrange

Travel woes on 05:52 - Jul 2 by WirralHoop

Not used Megabus but have returned on overnight National Express after midweek match. Bought 2 tickets to ensure nobody next to me. It’s not much fun but served a purpose.

My mate and me once travelled to Aberdeen on the overnight coach from Victoria to see his family.We left at 10pm and got to the granite city at 1pm the following day.It was cheap though,but never again.
I used to work on the overnight Mail train between london and newcastle a long time ago,and I travelled back from there on the Friday night before we played newcastle away on the Saturday.

I finished work at Kings cross at 3am and went straight over to Shepherd’s Bush to get the supporters coach back up to newcastle again.I think we won though,so it made it all worthwhile.I think it was the game where we joined in with the geordies singing “Sack the board.”
And the locals took it all so well.
Travel woes on 09:23 - Jul 2 with 1645 viewstoboboly

Travel woes on 22:51 - Jul 1 by Scouse_R

I got the slow train back from Everton away, the Tommy Smith goal game back in the PL, almost killed me.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Travel woes on 18:06 - Jul 2 with 1567 viewsstowmarketrange

Travel woes on 09:23 - Jul 2 by toboboly

I got the slow train back from Everton away, the Tommy Smith goal game back in the PL, almost killed me.

We drove to Northampton and got the slow up from there.Very cheap,but so slow.Not that we were that bothered on the way home.
Login to get fewer ads

Travel woes on 10:29 - Jul 3 with 1406 viewsScouse_R

Travel woes on 07:43 - Jul 2 by stowmarketrange

My mate and me once travelled to Aberdeen on the overnight coach from Victoria to see his family.We left at 10pm and got to the granite city at 1pm the following day.It was cheap though,but never again.
I used to work on the overnight Mail train between london and newcastle a long time ago,and I travelled back from there on the Friday night before we played newcastle away on the Saturday.

I finished work at Kings cross at 3am and went straight over to Shepherd’s Bush to get the supporters coach back up to newcastle again.I think we won though,so it made it all worthwhile.I think it was the game where we joined in with the geordies singing “Sack the board.”
And the locals took it all so well.

If that was in the late 80's I was probably there. I lived in Newcastle at the time and they used to sing 'sack the board' every week!
Travel woes on 14:11 - Jul 3 with 1321 viewsstowmarketrange

Travel woes on 10:29 - Jul 3 by Scouse_R

If that was in the late 80's I was probably there. I lived in Newcastle at the time and they used to sing 'sack the board' every week!

I started travelling there in May 1988,so I reckon it was the 88/89 season,maybe on grand National day.
11th March 1989 and we won 2-1.Funny that there was only 21,000 there because I thought they never dropped below 52,000 every week.Surely it’s a misprint?
I was glad that they had fences up though because the locals certainly weren’t happy.
They got relegated at the end of that season too,so it must’ve been one of their last few home games.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2021 14:18]
Travel woes on 22:15 - Jul 3 with 1241 viewsScouse_R

Travel woes on 14:11 - Jul 3 by stowmarketrange

I started travelling there in May 1988,so I reckon it was the 88/89 season,maybe on grand National day.
11th March 1989 and we won 2-1.Funny that there was only 21,000 there because I thought they never dropped below 52,000 every week.Surely it’s a misprint?
I was glad that they had fences up though because the locals certainly weren’t happy.
They got relegated at the end of that season too,so it must’ve been one of their last few home games.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2021 14:18]

Yeah, that was the 88/89 season (my first one in Newcastle) and the locals were not happy at all. From memory, the crowds were usually around 16 or 17,000 and not, as you say, the 52,000 of Geordie myth! They would be on the team's back from about the second minute. I think Willie McFaul was the manager at the time. It got even more toxic when they were in the second division the next season!
Travel woes on 22:55 - Jul 3 with 1209 viewsstowmarketrange

Travel woes on 22:15 - Jul 3 by Scouse_R

Yeah, that was the 88/89 season (my first one in Newcastle) and the locals were not happy at all. From memory, the crowds were usually around 16 or 17,000 and not, as you say, the 52,000 of Geordie myth! They would be on the team's back from about the second minute. I think Willie McFaul was the manager at the time. It got even more toxic when they were in the second division the next season!

He got sacked earlier in the season and it was Jim Smith in charge when we won up there in March.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024