Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who was the centre half…….. 15:27 - Aug 15 with 1979 viewsSnipper

………we nearly signed from Northampton, but he went to Brentford instead? And does he play for Brentford regularly?

It was a blessing he went to Brentford, as we wouldn’t have signed Dickie otherwise.
Who was the centre half…….. on 15:48 - Aug 15 with 1914 viewsSuperhoop83

Charlie Goode.

Not as goode as Dickie.

Suffering since 1978.

Who was the centre half…….. on 15:57 - Aug 15 with 1871 viewsLazyFan

Charlie Goode
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Goode

He was on the subs bench for the Bees against Arsenal. I am not sure he's good enough for the Prem IMHO. I think Brentford are not sure about him either at that level.

I am just guessing but I think QPR used Goode interest as a way to stop Oxford from charging £3m for Dickie. Got them down to £2m as Goode was bought for £1m. Dickie was always our first choice. I think we were trying to get him for £1m, saying Goode was the same and only costs £1m.

Brentford then got wind of Goode, nipped in and as they were higher in the league with more chance of promotion he went with them (which has proven to be the correct choice at the time). So, we still had to pay £2m for Dickie who was stated as always being our first choice anyway. I think it is true Dickie was our first choice as QPR spent £2m on him when Goode could have come if we had moved hard for him got him for just over £1m.

This is all speculation and I have no inside knowledge whatsoever. I am purely guessing.

With the Eze money, QPR have to be careful clubs don't take us for a ride (Warns has mentioned this). So, we look at many players in the same position that we need. If clubs try it on, we go elsewhere. Like the LB George Cox from Fortuna Sittard who they asked £750K for and QPR only wanted to pay £500K. So, QPR walked away and got Sam McCallum on loan instead.

There are many top players still out of contract. Daniel Sturridge for example is clubless for over a season now. His wage demands are way too much for us (and it seems everyone else), but there will be some other bargains out there. As we have seen with Moses, they do exist. Therefore QPR's transfer dealings are IMHO all top-notch now.

For example, even when we make a failed buy like Bonne, we are still able to loan them out. Good job you only asked about Good for this post :PPPP

zzzzzzzzzz

Who was the centre half…….. on 15:58 - Aug 15 with 1866 viewsdanehoop

Who was the centre half…….. on 15:48 - Aug 15 by Superhoop83

Charlie Goode.

Not as goode as Dickie.

On the bench for Brentford in the last game. He isn't at all bad, but we seem to have ended up with the better deal

Never knowingly understood

Who was the centre half…….. on 16:14 - Aug 15 with 1758 viewssaxbend

Well Dickie is worth a lot more to us than £2m now!
Who was the centre half…….. on 17:17 - Aug 15 with 1551 viewsDavieQPR

We do seem to have the better deal as he only managed 8 games for Brentford last season in between bouts of sickness.
Who was the centre half…….. on 17:53 - Aug 15 with 1374 viewsswitchingcode

Hardly played since we signed him due to illness but what I have seen would think he’ll struggle in PL and has Sorensen ahead of him on the bench.Have to agree Dickie looks a better prospect.
Who was the centre half…….. on 17:57 - Aug 15 with 1337 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Eezer Goode
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024