Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FIRST HALF ANALYSIS 20:46 - Sep 14 with 1763 viewsgazza1

Started brightly, passed the ball well, generally doing fine, no issues - good start.

12 mins and a bad mistake by Dickie, 1 - 0.

Ball playing very well for the side, tackles, shutting down, a couple of very good interceptions, winning 50/50's, cant recall any errors. Well played, best player..

B'mouth 2nd goal looked tidy to me....not sure how they got the ball back though.

Dykes completely out of his depth, touched the ball about 6 times in non dangerous area's, lets hope he gets a chance to improve in the 2nd half.......

The rest of the side doing ok, MacCallum much better tonight.

Expect to see Gray & Albert introduced in the 2nd early on.....probably too much for us to get anything from the game but who knows how B'mouth would cope if we got an early goal in the 2nd half.
FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 20:48 - Sep 14 with 1733 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Simple summary. Started very brightly, knocking on the door and looking the more likely team to score. Faff around with it in defence, commit a silly mistake, fall behind and lose your way.
FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 21:49 - Sep 14 with 1627 viewsMick_S

FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 20:48 - Sep 14 by Benny_the_Ball

Simple summary. Started very brightly, knocking on the door and looking the more likely team to score. Faff around with it in defence, commit a silly mistake, fall behind and lose your way.

That will do for me, Benny.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 22:06 - Sep 14 with 1545 viewsPhilmyRs

I’d add that I thought Kakay was really poor first half. Touch, composure, really off. I didn’t think Dykes was great but not as bad as you from the sound of things, Kakay felt like the weak link to me first half. Annoyed we couldn’t get the point I felt our efforts in second half deserved.
FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 22:08 - Sep 14 with 1527 viewsted_hendrix

Second half analysis;

Much-much better, the odd wonky spell but strewth we are so resilient nowadays and positive in that we don't seem to capitulate, I reckon if we'd have equalized it would have been justified.

I'll take the positives in a defeat all day long and tonight there were positives, no doubt about that.

I'm gutted for Dickie though who has so far been superb for us.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 08:44 - Sep 17 with 1159 viewsgazza1

FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 22:08 - Sep 14 by ted_hendrix

Second half analysis;

Much-much better, the odd wonky spell but strewth we are so resilient nowadays and positive in that we don't seem to capitulate, I reckon if we'd have equalized it would have been justified.

I'll take the positives in a defeat all day long and tonight there were positives, no doubt about that.

I'm gutted for Dickie though who has so far been superb for us.

I have looked at the first 45 minutes again.....

1 - DOM....He was very decent as far as I am concerned, worked hard, tackled well, positioned good, never hid once, supported team mates, a lot of good work in midfield. Not sure what else is needed. At least a 7. One of our better players but he has the same marks as Dickie (who arguably cost us 3 points), Kakay who was out of sorts and Dykes who was very poor indeed and got subbed. Utter nonsense!!! & so biased against the man that puts a 'shift' in every game he plays - wrong.
2 - DYKES....touched the ball 9 times, 6 in the first 20, then another 2 at 38 and 1 more on 46 minutes. Won 1 header after 32 mins. None in real danger area's. Never jumped a couple of times when ball pumped up to him!!!Max 3 mark!!! Not very good at all....but hey posters, etc think he done as much as Ball!!!! Absolute tosh.
3 - GOALS....First was Dickie error, nobody else but Dickie. He called for the ball, he wanted it, he fooked up. Nothing to do with Dieng at all. Second goal was down to Jordy, difficult but he should have intercepted the cross.
4 - REF....I did not think he was bad in the first half. Yes, he could have booked another couple of their players but decided not too - his choice. More pressure for him by doing that. Didn't see any stuff where he could have allowed play to continue. Picked up most of the fouls and awarded us plenty. Overall a decent half for the demon.

I will watch the second half soon......
[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 9:38]
FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 09:33 - Sep 17 with 1067 viewsterryb

FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 08:44 - Sep 17 by gazza1

1 - DOM....He was very decent as far as I am concerned, worked hard, tackled well, positioned good, never hid once, supported team mates, a lot of good work in midfield. Not sure what else is needed. At least a 7. One of our better players but he has the same marks as Dickie (who arguably cost us 3 points), Kakay who was out of sorts and Dykes who was very poor indeed and got subbed. Utter nonsense!!! & so biased against the man that puts a 'shift' in every game he plays - wrong.
2 - DYKES....touched the ball 9 times, 6 in the first 20, then another 2 at 38 and 1 more on 46 minutes. Won 1 header after 32 mins. None in real danger area's. Never jumped a couple of times when ball pumped up to him!!!Max 3 mark!!! Not very good at all....but hey posters, etc think he done as much as Ball!!!! Absolute tosh.
3 - GOALS....First was Dickie error, nobody else but Dickie. He called for the ball, he wanted it, he fooked up. Nothing to do with Dieng at all. Second goal was down to Jordy, difficult but he should have intercepted the cross.
4 - REF....I did not think he was bad in the first half. Yes, he could have booked another couple of their players but decided not too - his choice. More pressure for him by doing that. Didn't see any stuff where he could have allowed play to continue. Picked up most of the fouls and awarded us plenty. Overall a decent half for the demon.

We know you don't have a very high opinion of Dykes, but to blame him for the first goal is a little harsh!
FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 09:37 - Sep 17 with 1059 viewsgazza1

FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 09:33 - Sep 17 by terryb

We know you don't have a very high opinion of Dykes, but to blame him for the first goal is a little harsh!

Ha ha....good spot - I will change it. Thankyou.

PS - I think he is not as good as soooooo many on here think!!! I want him to do well because we will be a far better team but as I have said, albeit against the vein, the jury is out.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 9:39]
FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 09:41 - Sep 17 with 1048 viewsParkRoyalR

FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 08:44 - Sep 17 by gazza1

Gazza, c'mon fella, I like all grafters (Ball, Kakay, Dykes etc) but have another watch....

1st Goal - Where was our CDM offering an option as SF did whole of 2nd Half - watch SF sprint back while Ball saunters back

2nd Goal - How did Ball as CDM miss that simple tackle on the edge of the box, we are then overloaded, and he stands and watches rather than reacts

Please re-watch Ball on both the above before over-loading on Dykes again. I'd say the pathetic tackle and day-dreaming for the 2nd goal is a more a 3 than a 7!
Login to get fewer ads

FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 09:55 - Sep 17 with 1030 viewsgazza1

FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 09:41 - Sep 17 by ParkRoyalR

Gazza, c'mon fella, I like all grafters (Ball, Kakay, Dykes etc) but have another watch....

1st Goal - Where was our CDM offering an option as SF did whole of 2nd Half - watch SF sprint back while Ball saunters back

2nd Goal - How did Ball as CDM miss that simple tackle on the edge of the box, we are then overloaded, and he stands and watches rather than reacts

Please re-watch Ball on both the above before over-loading on Dykes again. I'd say the pathetic tackle and day-dreaming for the 2nd goal is a more a 3 than a 7!

1st goal - Cant convince me that it is anyone's fault except for Dickie, he even calls for it and points.
2nd goal - No I agree he missed a tackle to the left hand side (not an easy tackle) but Jordi has got to defend the front post a bit/far better. You could even look at Dieng being beaten on the front post but may be harsh.

Please do not think I am overloading Dykes.....9 touches in the first mainly in midfield. One winning header!!! Come on Ball was better than that.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 9:58]
FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 10:15 - Sep 17 with 997 viewsParkRoyalR

FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 09:55 - Sep 17 by gazza1

1st goal - Cant convince me that it is anyone's fault except for Dickie, he even calls for it and points.
2nd goal - No I agree he missed a tackle to the left hand side (not an easy tackle) but Jordi has got to defend the front post a bit/far better. You could even look at Dieng being beaten on the front post but may be harsh.

Please do not think I am overloading Dykes.....9 touches in the first mainly in midfield. One winning header!!! Come on Ball was better than that.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 9:58]

1st Goal - Obviously Dickie's fault as 1st touch pushed the ball just too far in front and Anthony (he'll be some player) was able to nick off him - but we could see this happening throughout the 1st half as out-ball options (ie your CDM) just was'nt showing - why I think SJ was tasked with dropping deeper in 2nd Half to replace Ball in that roll

2nd Goal - Missed tackle was root-cause of goal and 100% down to Ball's lack of 5 yard pace, confident Amos (or SJ) would have made what was an easy tackle, re Ball's lack of pace, suggest you don't watch the...

2nd Half - As Ball again switches off and lets his man (Billing) run-off his back into the box and hit the post with what should have been 0-3 and game-over. Again ball-watching, which is a major flaw for a top CDM at this level.

I like Ball alot, but think his lack of 5 yard pace is why he struggles against the top pacy championship sides. The above suggests this is the case.

A little like blaming Jordi or Dieng for the 2nd Goal, sometime you have to root-cause and ask why was Dykes getting so few touches around their area, similar to Austin against Reading.

Just give Dykes the same slack you give Dom (or Ossie), all grafters, neither technically gifted like say SJ, but all proud to wear the shirt and always give 100% for our team, home and away (and even playing through illness and injury).
FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 10:28 - Sep 17 with 974 viewsgazza1

FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 10:15 - Sep 17 by ParkRoyalR

1st Goal - Obviously Dickie's fault as 1st touch pushed the ball just too far in front and Anthony (he'll be some player) was able to nick off him - but we could see this happening throughout the 1st half as out-ball options (ie your CDM) just was'nt showing - why I think SJ was tasked with dropping deeper in 2nd Half to replace Ball in that roll

2nd Goal - Missed tackle was root-cause of goal and 100% down to Ball's lack of 5 yard pace, confident Amos (or SJ) would have made what was an easy tackle, re Ball's lack of pace, suggest you don't watch the...

2nd Half - As Ball again switches off and lets his man (Billing) run-off his back into the box and hit the post with what should have been 0-3 and game-over. Again ball-watching, which is a major flaw for a top CDM at this level.

I like Ball alot, but think his lack of 5 yard pace is why he struggles against the top pacy championship sides. The above suggests this is the case.

A little like blaming Jordi or Dieng for the 2nd Goal, sometime you have to root-cause and ask why was Dykes getting so few touches around their area, similar to Austin against Reading.

Just give Dykes the same slack you give Dom (or Ossie), all grafters, neither technically gifted like say SJ, but all proud to wear the shirt and always give 100% for our team, home and away (and even playing through illness and injury).

1 - How do you actually know that Ball was tasked to do this?? I will answer for you- you don't it a guess!!!
2 - He missed a tackle, it happens. How far do you go back in the game?? Jordy missed the big part - the interception.

Dont agree with his lack of pace at 5 yards at all. He shuts players down very well - it is his game. Most players will struggle against pacy players, even hero SJ!!

Dykes does not make the runs he should and he is in the wrong area's to receive the ball, again its not his fault it is everyone else's, yes all the 9 other outfield players but not Dykes - nonsense!! I give Dykes plenty of slack....I could be so much more critical. Do you think MW will play his on Saturday as a sole striker?? becuase I dont!!!
[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 10:29]
FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 10:48 - Sep 17 with 947 viewsParkRoyalR

FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 10:28 - Sep 17 by gazza1

1 - How do you actually know that Ball was tasked to do this?? I will answer for you- you don't it a guess!!!
2 - He missed a tackle, it happens. How far do you go back in the game?? Jordy missed the big part - the interception.

Dont agree with his lack of pace at 5 yards at all. He shuts players down very well - it is his game. Most players will struggle against pacy players, even hero SJ!!

Dykes does not make the runs he should and he is in the wrong area's to receive the ball, again its not his fault it is everyone else's, yes all the 9 other outfield players but not Dykes - nonsense!! I give Dykes plenty of slack....I could be so much more critical. Do you think MW will play his on Saturday as a sole striker?? becuase I dont!!!
[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 10:29]

I like Ball a lot but....at least a 7 is not....

1st Goal - walking back as SJ runs past him
2nd Goal - very poor attempted tackle followed by ball-watching
3rd 'Goal' - ball watching, loses man, again saunters back (maybe that's his topline speed)

I thought the game-changer against Bournemouth was SJ taking on Ball's role and taking the ball off the back 3, and having the ability to mix it up and use the ball well, short and long.

You'll may think otherwise. Lets again agree to differ.

But maybe do us a favour and don't critique the 2nd Half as in not seeing / acknowledging / posting on Ball's missed tackle shows a poor attempt to make your point by obscuring the facts, or maybe you just did'nt even see it. I could guess which, but I'll leave it to others to decide.
FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 11:09 - Sep 17 with 928 viewsHantsR

Yes a mistake by Dickie, but great anticipation, speed and skill by Anthony.
FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 11:14 - Sep 17 with 920 viewsgazza1

FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 10:48 - Sep 17 by ParkRoyalR

I like Ball a lot but....at least a 7 is not....

1st Goal - walking back as SJ runs past him
2nd Goal - very poor attempted tackle followed by ball-watching
3rd 'Goal' - ball watching, loses man, again saunters back (maybe that's his topline speed)

I thought the game-changer against Bournemouth was SJ taking on Ball's role and taking the ball off the back 3, and having the ability to mix it up and use the ball well, short and long.

You'll may think otherwise. Lets again agree to differ.

But maybe do us a favour and don't critique the 2nd Half as in not seeing / acknowledging / posting on Ball's missed tackle shows a poor attempt to make your point by obscuring the facts, or maybe you just did'nt even see it. I could guess which, but I'll leave it to others to decide.

Some of your points are absolutely ludicrous.....

The first goal is down to Dickie, if you think anything, whatsoever you are plainly wrong.
Ball missed a tackle, it happens, he was there but did not get the ball and if you want to blame hm for the goal conceded, then fine but you are wrong.
I am not clear re your comments re 3rd goal.

But, you have not answered my question re Ball being tasked to collect the ball - do you have one???? Nonsence too, about SJ taking Ball's role - you dont even know it was Ball's job in the first place!!!!

Unbelieveable....argue as much as you like but you are wrong on pretty much all accounts!!!
FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 11:26 - Sep 17 with 901 viewsParkRoyalR

FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 11:14 - Sep 17 by gazza1

Some of your points are absolutely ludicrous.....

The first goal is down to Dickie, if you think anything, whatsoever you are plainly wrong.
Ball missed a tackle, it happens, he was there but did not get the ball and if you want to blame hm for the goal conceded, then fine but you are wrong.
I am not clear re your comments re 3rd goal.

But, you have not answered my question re Ball being tasked to collect the ball - do you have one???? Nonsence too, about SJ taking Ball's role - you dont even know it was Ball's job in the first place!!!!

Unbelieveable....argue as much as you like but you are wrong on pretty much all accounts!!!

Through the Dykes engendered red-mist, do you read what people actually post?

1st Goal - Have I said anywhere Dickie was not at fault for the 1st goal?

2nd Goal - You wrote...'Ball... tackles, shutting down, a couple of very good interceptions, winning 50/50's, can't recall any errors, well played, best player'....yet you missed the 2nd key moment of the 1st half and potentially game losing missed tackle on the edge of our area

3rd Goal - I was referring to Billings bad miss when he hit on the post

Now on 2nd thoughts please do watch the 2nd Half, and offer us your insightful and impartial analysis on Ball's tracking of Billing, he might even be a 9 by FT.
FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 14:01 - Sep 17 with 835 viewsgazza1

FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 11:26 - Sep 17 by ParkRoyalR

Through the Dykes engendered red-mist, do you read what people actually post?

1st Goal - Have I said anywhere Dickie was not at fault for the 1st goal?

2nd Goal - You wrote...'Ball... tackles, shutting down, a couple of very good interceptions, winning 50/50's, can't recall any errors, well played, best player'....yet you missed the 2nd key moment of the 1st half and potentially game losing missed tackle on the edge of our area

3rd Goal - I was referring to Billings bad miss when he hit on the post

Now on 2nd thoughts please do watch the 2nd Half, and offer us your insightful and impartial analysis on Ball's tracking of Billing, he might even be a 9 by FT.

This is my final post on the subject to you.....

I do read posts, you are trying to proposition blame on Ball for the 1st goal which is ludicrous. It was Dickie 100%.....
The 2nd goal was primarily down to Jordi - end of. If you want Ball to take some responsibly then fine, I don't think he is much to blame when there was still plenty of players around.
Can't comment on the 3rd goal that wasn't actually a goal & why I did not understand your post!!!!

I may watch the 2nd half but I believe I have made enough points on the first half to highlight there is a lot of unjust comments about players, etc.

PS - You have not answered my question yet re Ball's responsibility that was taken over in the second half by SJ!!!!
FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 14:29 - Sep 17 with 805 viewsParkRoyalR

FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 14:01 - Sep 17 by gazza1

This is my final post on the subject to you.....

I do read posts, you are trying to proposition blame on Ball for the 1st goal which is ludicrous. It was Dickie 100%.....
The 2nd goal was primarily down to Jordi - end of. If you want Ball to take some responsibly then fine, I don't think he is much to blame when there was still plenty of players around.
Can't comment on the 3rd goal that wasn't actually a goal & why I did not understand your post!!!!

I may watch the 2nd half but I believe I have made enough points on the first half to highlight there is a lot of unjust comments about players, etc.

PS - You have not answered my question yet re Ball's responsibility that was taken over in the second half by SJ!!!!

Great that your previous post was your final post as the following is meant to inform & enlighten only. No reply required. So in response to your last question:

We tend to play a 3-5-1 / 3-4-3 formation with a holding midfielder (CDM - Ball) and an attacking midfielder (CAM - SJ).

In modern football a CDM (Kante, Rice etc) tends to be tasked with, amongst other roles, transitioning the ball from the defence to the attack, ie supporting the defenders and offering an out-ball.

With Bournemouth forwards + attacking midfielders being so quick, we needed all of our back 3, wing-backs and crucially our CDM being available to receive that first pass (likely emanating from Dickie or Barbet) to beat their high press.

We failed in this in the 1st Half but rectified in the 2nd, for reasons you think were by luck but I think was down to Warburton's good game management, ie recognising Ball struggles to do this against a quick team whereas SJ has better control, passing, skill and is able to beat a man. Hence why, imo, we were able to get on the front-foot in the 2nd Half.
FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 15:15 - Sep 17 with 775 viewsgazza1

FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 14:29 - Sep 17 by ParkRoyalR

Great that your previous post was your final post as the following is meant to inform & enlighten only. No reply required. So in response to your last question:

We tend to play a 3-5-1 / 3-4-3 formation with a holding midfielder (CDM - Ball) and an attacking midfielder (CAM - SJ).

In modern football a CDM (Kante, Rice etc) tends to be tasked with, amongst other roles, transitioning the ball from the defence to the attack, ie supporting the defenders and offering an out-ball.

With Bournemouth forwards + attacking midfielders being so quick, we needed all of our back 3, wing-backs and crucially our CDM being available to receive that first pass (likely emanating from Dickie or Barbet) to beat their high press.

We failed in this in the 1st Half but rectified in the 2nd, for reasons you think were by luck but I think was down to Warburton's good game management, ie recognising Ball struggles to do this against a quick team whereas SJ has better control, passing, skill and is able to beat a man. Hence why, imo, we were able to get on the front-foot in the 2nd Half.

Thankyou for the explanations, sadly, I do not agree with your analysis.....

you mention 3/5/1 formation......where does the other two players sit?? One is the GK (he sits in the penalty area), wondering where the other player sits??

I wonder, Why the heck did MW give Ball the role, in the first half, of receiving the ball if he is basically, as you suggest in shortened terms, useless with the ball, surely MW would have got SJ to do it from the off and never get Ball to do that role??

Just wondering....I do not believe that is the case personally!!!!

I do not think it was by luck at all, I would just suggest that it is not one person's responsibly to pick the ball up, it is either one. Which leads me onto midfield....I think that both SJ and Ball are the two defensive midfielders thereby a midfield looks like Ball & SJ playing just in front of the CBs and behind CW & Chair with two wide players. So a fundamental difference in our opinions but what would you expect - nothing different surely!!!
FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 15:23 - Sep 17 with 769 viewsParkRoyalR

FIRST HALF ANALYSIS on 15:15 - Sep 17 by gazza1

Thankyou for the explanations, sadly, I do not agree with your analysis.....

you mention 3/5/1 formation......where does the other two players sit?? One is the GK (he sits in the penalty area), wondering where the other player sits??

I wonder, Why the heck did MW give Ball the role, in the first half, of receiving the ball if he is basically, as you suggest in shortened terms, useless with the ball, surely MW would have got SJ to do it from the off and never get Ball to do that role??

Just wondering....I do not believe that is the case personally!!!!

I do not think it was by luck at all, I would just suggest that it is not one person's responsibly to pick the ball up, it is either one. Which leads me onto midfield....I think that both SJ and Ball are the two defensive midfielders thereby a midfield looks like Ball & SJ playing just in front of the CBs and behind CW & Chair with two wide players. So a fundamental difference in our opinions but what would you expect - nothing different surely!!!

Goodman, don't tend to include GK's in formations as tends to stay in a fairly fixed position, typo, meant 3-5-2, althou lots of variations on that theme (3-4-2-1 etc etc).

I'll be backing Ball and Kakay 100% tomorrow as I always do (always back players who care) and I'm sure you'll be giving Dykes likewise. UR's.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024