Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
work experience... 22:43 - Jul 6 with 1635 viewsqpr_1968

hopefully this works out for my grandson.
anyone on here, same situation, kids/grandkids, will benefit from it.
or, who have benefited from it.

hopefully the latter.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

work experience... on 08:14 - Jul 7 with 1380 viewsTheChef

Yeah I did a bit while at school. One memorable couple of weeks working for a solicitors firm, one lunchtime they took me down to a strip bar/pub, pound in the pint pot kind of establishment.

Character building.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

work experience... on 09:11 - Jul 7 with 1303 viewsPinnerPaul

My son left school at 16, did work experience in a bike repair shop.

Did City and Guilds at Uxbridge College, joined a well respected local garage - Motor Inn for anyone local, and after a number of years there progressed to Babcock across the road, repairs/services Fire engines and associated fire service vehicles, has his HGV 2 licence plus has his own business doing private car repair work when time allows and it all started at Cycle King in Rayners Lane!
work experience... on 15:49 - Jul 7 with 1188 viewsRebalhoop

work experience... on 08:14 - Jul 7 by TheChef

Yeah I did a bit while at school. One memorable couple of weeks working for a solicitors firm, one lunchtime they took me down to a strip bar/pub, pound in the pint pot kind of establishment.

Character building.

Sorry to go off track a bit,but in a dodgy pub in Slough,the young lady’s entertaining us for the Evening,went round with the pint pot,when she shook it in front of my mate,Woody he stood about 6’ 6” built like a outhouse,he smiled at her and put his empty glass in her pint pot,says”cheers love can I have another round..”she ran off to tell the door man,who took one look at the size of Woody and turned around and told her to get on with it..

Back on track...Granddaughter number 1 has just started a Saturday job in a card shop,no idea what that will lead to
work experience... on 01:56 - Jul 8 with 987 viewsCLAREMAN1995

My daughter started an 8 week course yesterday in an ocupational therapy facility as part of her schooling .No pay of course but worse still it an hour away and in a pretty rough neighbourhood .I was hoping she would get money for fuel and food at least but not one penny .The standard of care is pretty poor as well and all her class are a bit taken aback .
Sad reality in 2022 I guess
work experience... on 07:09 - Jul 8 with 868 viewsessextaxiboy

All 3 of our boys did work experience .

It just gives them a taste of the work culture , the banter ,the different characters, the discipline of getting up , getting there .The dramas of a work day .

They all enjoyed it I think .
work experience... on 07:56 - Jul 8 with 833 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I got to see Johnny Cash as part of mine (9th July 1994)

I also had lunch with Carleen Anderson (lovely woman) and I'm sure Hope Sandoval fancied a bit of the teen 'talli (the last might just be my imagination but she did stare at me).

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

work experience... on 08:27 - Jul 8 with 784 viewsCroydonCaptJack

My youngest managed to do his at the club. Mainly in the club shop.
work experience... on 08:29 - Jul 8 with 784 viewsToast_R

Wanted to work in a music shop and luckily got work experience at Virgin Megastore in Croydon for two weeks. That was a lot of fun. Staff room was quality, every games console you could ever want to play with (Sega Saturn was the latest back then). Gutted when I had to go back to college.
Login to get fewer ads

work experience... on 08:33 - Jul 8 with 781 viewsR_from_afar

work experience... on 15:49 - Jul 7 by Rebalhoop

Sorry to go off track a bit,but in a dodgy pub in Slough,the young lady’s entertaining us for the Evening,went round with the pint pot,when she shook it in front of my mate,Woody he stood about 6’ 6” built like a outhouse,he smiled at her and put his empty glass in her pint pot,says”cheers love can I have another round..”she ran off to tell the door man,who took one look at the size of Woody and turned around and told her to get on with it..

Back on track...Granddaughter number 1 has just started a Saturday job in a card shop,no idea what that will lead to

"Back on track...Granddaughter number 1 has just started a Saturday job in a card shop,no idea what that will lead to"

I'll save Konk some typing here. Is she being shown the ropes by Luke Freeman?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

work experience... on 08:37 - Jul 8 with 775 viewsstevec

work experience... on 09:11 - Jul 7 by PinnerPaul

My son left school at 16, did work experience in a bike repair shop.

Did City and Guilds at Uxbridge College, joined a well respected local garage - Motor Inn for anyone local, and after a number of years there progressed to Babcock across the road, repairs/services Fire engines and associated fire service vehicles, has his HGV 2 licence plus has his own business doing private car repair work when time allows and it all started at Cycle King in Rayners Lane!

Pleased for your son and good luck to anyone who goes through work experience.

Used to take kids on doing work experience but jacked it in around 15 years ago. Had been a pleasant experience, heavy machinery in part but with someone experienced around them, sort of kids who liked getting their hands dirty loved it.

Anyway, that was until health and safety got involved. Year upon year there’d be new regulations carried out by some tick box mum from the education department telling me all the things they couldn’t do. Went from kids as happy as a boy in sand to disillusioned kids being told we can’t let them do this or that where, to put them out their misery, I’d tell them if they wanted to bugger off at lunchtime and meet their mates I wouldn’t say anything. They did.

Final straw was another one with a clipboard walked through the door aghast at was before her and told me the only job a kid could do was sit in my office and help out with admin.

Can’t help think if we do have shortages in the grubby hand industries, the education system is not exactly helping.
work experience... on 09:26 - Jul 8 with 720 viewsRangersw12

work experience... on 08:37 - Jul 8 by stevec

Pleased for your son and good luck to anyone who goes through work experience.

Used to take kids on doing work experience but jacked it in around 15 years ago. Had been a pleasant experience, heavy machinery in part but with someone experienced around them, sort of kids who liked getting their hands dirty loved it.

Anyway, that was until health and safety got involved. Year upon year there’d be new regulations carried out by some tick box mum from the education department telling me all the things they couldn’t do. Went from kids as happy as a boy in sand to disillusioned kids being told we can’t let them do this or that where, to put them out their misery, I’d tell them if they wanted to bugger off at lunchtime and meet their mates I wouldn’t say anything. They did.

Final straw was another one with a clipboard walked through the door aghast at was before her and told me the only job a kid could do was sit in my office and help out with admin.

Can’t help think if we do have shortages in the grubby hand industries, the education system is not exactly helping.

Having worked dealing with EL/PL claims I'm glad there are regulations in place to protect people.

In my experience majority of small businesses barely train their staff properly let alone have Risk Assessments or a safe system of work in place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024