Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goals From The Allotments 18:23 - Aug 27 with 3316 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.skysports.com/football/watford-vs-queens-park-rangers/report/467894

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Goals From The Allotments on 18:37 - Aug 27 with 3178 viewsDWQPR

Cheers Brian. Must admit haven’t a clue why their goal was disallowed

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Goals From The Allotments on 18:42 - Aug 27 with 3121 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Goals From The Allotments on 18:37 - Aug 27 by DWQPR

Me neither.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 18:47]

Goals From The Allotments on 18:43 - Aug 27 with 3118 viewsqpr_1968

i'm still trying to work that one out.....

who cares...

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Goals From The Allotments on 19:04 - Aug 27 with 3007 viewsGaxZE

Can only assume the offside was for the cross into the box prior to the goal. Even that is unlikely. Meh. I'll take it.
Goals From The Allotments on 19:09 - Aug 27 with 2968 viewsLanhoop

Maybe makes up for their handball not given for their first goal.
Goals From The Allotments on 19:19 - Aug 27 with 2908 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What's everyone's thoughts on Dieng today?

My initial thoughts:

1st Goal: He gets into his set-up. All good. But... then moves his feet again before the shot for no reason and is 'jogging' for the shot, so his reaction was slowed down as a result as he has to get back on his toes before diving. Maybe he wouldn't have got to it anyway (no other angles available yet) but it's a technical error regardless.

2nd Goal: He takes himself out of the game by coming off the rope (the imaginary rope that connects the ball to the centre of your goal) and ends up way out of position. I'd love to know his thinking here.

3rd 'Goal': No blame. Position good, on his toes, good line of sight (his hands move instantly). It's just all about reaction time from there, and imho no keeper gets to that one.

Good sweeping, good on crosses. But overall, not a great day I think.

Goals From The Allotments on 19:46 - Aug 27 with 2786 viewsMrSheen

Because Keith Stroud loves us?

Maybe Lino thought the offside man touched the initial cross, hence Paal’s awkward clearance.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2022 19:50]
Goals From The Allotments on 21:02 - Aug 27 with 2544 viewsEastR

Sarr was offside on the initial cross

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Login to get fewer ads

Goals From The Allotments on 21:19 - Aug 27 with 2485 viewsQPR_John

Goals From The Allotments on 21:02 - Aug 27 by EastR

Sarr was offside on the initial cross

That’s how I saw it. There was no need for him to touch the ball as he made an effort to head it so active hence offside
Goals From The Allotments on 22:17 - Aug 27 with 2367 viewsGloryHunter

Goals From The Allotments on 19:19 - Aug 27 by BrianMcCarthy

My initial thoughts:

1st Goal: He gets into his set-up. All good. But... then moves his feet again before the shot for no reason and is 'jogging' for the shot, so his reaction was slowed down as a result as he has to get back on his toes before diving. Maybe he wouldn't have got to it anyway (no other angles available yet) but it's a technical error regardless.

2nd Goal: He takes himself out of the game by coming off the rope (the imaginary rope that connects the ball to the centre of your goal) and ends up way out of position. I'd love to know his thinking here.

3rd 'Goal': No blame. Position good, on his toes, good line of sight (his hands move instantly). It's just all about reaction time from there, and imho no keeper gets to that one.

Surely for the second goal that was Seny's ball and Dickie took it away from him? Maybe Seny didn't shout?
Goals From The Allotments on 22:26 - Aug 27 with 2300 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Goals From The Allotments on 22:17 - Aug 27 by GloryHunter

Surely for the second goal that was Seny's ball and Dickie took it away from him? Maybe Seny didn't shout?

Maybe, GloryHunter, quite possible.

But if so he surely would have favoured diving low to guard and collect the ball I'd have thought. "Use your advantage" is a goalie saying i.e. use your hands. Plus, he veers right (off his rope) from the very moment the two players enter the box - the players and the ball are veering to his left. I can't figure it.

By the way, for the avoidance of doubt, I think he's an excellent goalie. I'm just intrigued by this one.

https://www.skysports.com/football/watford-vs-queens-park-rangers/report/467894

Goals From The Allotments on 22:29 - Aug 27 with 2273 viewsWatfordR

Goals From The Allotments on 21:19 - Aug 27 by QPR_John

That’s how I saw it. There was no need for him to touch the ball as he made an effort to head it so active hence offside

Well except...

Pretty sure that Pinner Paul has explained previously that being in an offside position is not in itself an offence. It's why (I think) that someone standing offside who then chases a forward pass doesn't get flagged until he actually touches the ball.

Same with the lead up to the Blackpool goal at LR, their fella is stood offside, he lets the ball run through his legs in the build up and thus was not deemed to be offside. I think we probably got away with one, but may have been unlucky not to have been awarded handball in the lead up to their first, and the foul on Dickie for their second.

Hey, just another day at the office for Keith Stroud.
Goals From The Allotments on 22:43 - Aug 27 with 2197 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Goals From The Allotments on 19:19 - Aug 27 by BrianMcCarthy

My initial thoughts:

It looked like a difficult game for a goalkeeper.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Goals From The Allotments on 23:07 - Aug 27 with 2102 viewsQPR_John

Goals From The Allotments on 22:29 - Aug 27 by WatfordR

Well except...

Pretty sure that Pinner Paul has explained previously that being in an offside position is not in itself an offence. It's why (I think) that someone standing offside who then chases a forward pass doesn't get flagged until he actually touches the ball.

Same with the lead up to the Blackpool goal at LR, their fella is stood offside, he lets the ball run through his legs in the build up and thus was not deemed to be offside. I think we probably got away with one, but may have been unlucky not to have been awarded handball in the lead up to their first, and the foul on Dickie for their second.

Hey, just another day at the office for Keith Stroud.

Chasing a forward pass should be considered being active but we know it is not as I assume it is not thought to be an attempt to play the ball but just to follow it (trying to rationalise the current interpretation). However jumping to try to head the ball even if unsuccessfull cannot be anything but an attempt to play the ball hence offside all other things considered
Goals From The Allotments on 01:16 - Aug 28 with 1878 viewsLoftgirl

Keith Stroud.
Goals From The Allotments on 13:03 - Aug 28 with 1467 viewsTheChef

First goal I think he'd be disappointed with. Although I don't know what Paal was doing as he seemed to stop running when the ball broke wide.

Second goal maybe a bit of miscommunication, but Dickie should have cleared first time.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Goals From The Allotments on 13:31 - Aug 28 with 1431 viewsterryb

Goals From The Allotments on 13:03 - Aug 28 by TheChef

First goal I think he'd be disappointed with. Although I don't know what Paal was doing as he seemed to stop running when the ball broke wide.

Second goal maybe a bit of miscommunication, but Dickie should have cleared first time.

I think Laird & Dickie stopped as they were expecting a free kick for handball & that might apply to Paal & Dunne.

As we all know, you must play to the whistle.
Goals From The Allotments on 15:09 - Aug 28 with 1305 viewsHAYESBOY

Get this bloke on Official comms!

Smells like a trout farm in here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024