Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal Player Stabbed. 22:35 - Oct 27 with 1077 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Looks like he'll be ok, thankfully.

https://news.sky.com/story/pablo-mari-arsenal-star-in-hospital-after-stabbing-at

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Arsenal Player Stabbed. on 22:49 - Oct 27 with 1025 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.arsenal.com/news/pablo-mari-recovering-hospital

But, here's this. Arsenal's statement. One of their players has been stabbed and hospitalised. News of the stabbing on Arsenal's official website is sunk below fifteen other stories at this moment in time. None of the fifteen 'stories' above it involve any of their players being stabbed. They're about football. The sixteenth story, which is only there because it's 'trending' is about poor old Pablo Mari.

Arsenal's statement is as follows. And it's cold, soulless, heartless, and devoid of any compassion, connection, humanity, friendship or decency.

"We are all shocked to hear the dreadful news about the stabbing in Italy, which has put a number of people in hospital including our on-loan centre-back Pablo Mari.

We have been in contact with Pablo’s agent who has told us he’s in hospital and is not seriously hurt.

Our thoughts are with Pablo and the other victims of this dreadful incident."

That's it.
No mention of "our friend and colleague, Pablo", "Pablo's family", "Pablo's wife Maria/partner John/kids Juan, Maria, Rover the dog....", no mention of how supporters can send their best wishes (e.g. send them to us), no "we wish Pablo a speedy recovery..." even.

No, but it's ok. Because "We have been in contact with Pablo’s agent who has told us he’s in hospital and is not seriously hurt."

Grand. No-one at Arsenal had a number for his family, no?

Good God.

Arsenal Player Stabbed. on 07:29 - Oct 28 with 815 viewsdistortR

Arsenal Player Stabbed. on 22:49 - Oct 27 by BrianMcCarthy

https://www.arsenal.com/news/pablo-mari-recovering-hospital

But, here's this. Arsenal's statement. One of their players has been stabbed and hospitalised. News of the stabbing on Arsenal's official website is sunk below fifteen other stories at this moment in time. None of the fifteen 'stories' above it involve any of their players being stabbed. They're about football. The sixteenth story, which is only there because it's 'trending' is about poor old Pablo Mari.

Arsenal's statement is as follows. And it's cold, soulless, heartless, and devoid of any compassion, connection, humanity, friendship or decency.

"We are all shocked to hear the dreadful news about the stabbing in Italy, which has put a number of people in hospital including our on-loan centre-back Pablo Mari.

We have been in contact with Pablo’s agent who has told us he’s in hospital and is not seriously hurt.

Our thoughts are with Pablo and the other victims of this dreadful incident."

That's it.
No mention of "our friend and colleague, Pablo", "Pablo's family", "Pablo's wife Maria/partner John/kids Juan, Maria, Rover the dog....", no mention of how supporters can send their best wishes (e.g. send them to us), no "we wish Pablo a speedy recovery..." even.

No, but it's ok. Because "We have been in contact with Pablo’s agent who has told us he’s in hospital and is not seriously hurt."

Grand. No-one at Arsenal had a number for his family, no?

Good God.

Funnily enough Brian, I just came off the BBC website, and the Arsenal statement surprised me somewhat, as well.
'It's just a flesh wound' seems to be their attitude, the poor bloke was with his family, they saw some horrific other stuff as well. Pretty traumatic, I imagine.
Condolences to the family of the dead shop worker and best wishes to everyone else involved.
Arsenal Player Stabbed. on 10:23 - Oct 28 with 677 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Arsenal Player Stabbed. on 07:29 - Oct 28 by distortR

Funnily enough Brian, I just came off the BBC website, and the Arsenal statement surprised me somewhat, as well.
'It's just a flesh wound' seems to be their attitude, the poor bloke was with his family, they saw some horrific other stuff as well. Pretty traumatic, I imagine.
Condolences to the family of the dead shop worker and best wishes to everyone else involved.

It all seems so cold from Arsenal. Gave me the shivers.

If it was Rangers, I'd be appalled at the heartlessness of it.

Arsenal Player Stabbed. on 10:39 - Oct 28 with 641 viewsJuzzie

Is this indicative of our society where stabbings are so common place they're met with a mere 'meh'?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024