Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beale / Job 08:28 - Nov 30 with 3565 viewsDubaiR

So a year ago I moved the family across the country to take a commercial directors role.

I knew going in the company had low market share and lots of work to be done. I was sold the fact I would get the backing needed to grow the business and they wanted to change vs. what they had always done in the past.

In reality the job isn't what was sold and company is a mess. But I hired two of my old team and moved them over with me, a year in now.

Despite being sold something different I wouldn't leave yet as responsible for two others uprooting their lives as well as my family.

How after only a few weeks in the Job and bringing in his own players did Beale sleep at night???
Beale / Job on 09:10 - Nov 30 with 3453 viewsWokingR

I wouldn't go putting "I'm more trustworthy than Mick Beale" on your CV though.
It's not much of a reference is it
Beale / Job on 09:17 - Nov 30 with 3424 viewsdmm

The only logical answer to your question is that Beale puts himself before anyone or anything else; the antithesis of what he purports to believe in.

But you knew that anyway as, unlike that shyster, you clearly have decent life values.
Beale / Job on 09:19 - Nov 30 with 3412 viewsDubaiR

I better delete that bit then, was one of my big selling points
Beale / Job on 09:20 - Nov 30 with 3400 viewsParkRoyalR

Great post, I would feel and behave the same as you, but feel our Mick has got completely ahead of himself with sudden rise in his stock, which I think is possibly largely due to a number of coincidences:

1) With Glasgow Rangers poor league form of late blamed on GvB (it was already deteriorating under Gerard + Beale as arguably their team only performed consistently well without fans in the stadiums during the Covid season)

2) Gerard's 2nd season struggles at Villa, always likely, but like the players out of the team at ours, suddenly losing Beale was the key factor

3) Our initial early season improvement in form, imo largely down to a fully fit Chris Willock and freeing up Austin + Gray's wages to loan Laird, buy Paul etc rather than any tactical improvements under Beale, where I actually think we've regressed compared to Warburton

So could be wrong but reckon he's benefited from the above, has a fairly large ego so thinks about himself first and his own personal glory, unlike yourself who feels a responsibility to others and digs in when the going gets tough, let's see how he fares and hope you and your team turnaround and improve your companies fortunes.
Beale / Job on 09:40 - Nov 30 with 3325 viewsDubaiR

I think he will get off to a great start then fade away, this time next year he will be under pressure is my guess. This season a free hit as 9 point gap, next season won't be.

Our challenge is I believe we can grow market share but the company/factory sadly isn't set up for an increase in volume without large investment which I do not see as forthcoming,

They talk about growth but in reality not set up for it (some similarities to QPR)

On the back of what I was sold, I sold the same to my team that we could build something and look back with a sense of pride, they probably look at me now and think **ick!
Beale / Job on 10:15 - Nov 30 with 3196 viewsflitwickhoop

Interesting post this.

If I can add my own experience. I left a very stable job in April this year (I work in manufacturing) to join a smaller company but with potentially greater opportunities for myself going forward. I quickly settled into the role and formed a great working relationship with my boss.

However last week my boss calls me to tell me that he has handed his notice in and will be leaving the company in the new year. It was out of the blue and to say I was shocked was understatement, following that another one of our department heads who I work closely with has handed his notice in also. In the space of a week I have gone from being happy in my job to now being uncertain of what is going to happen and whether I want to progress with the company or look elsewhere. Ultimately one of the main reasons I joined was because I liked what I was told by my line manager in interview but now I find out that he was ultimately going to up and just six months later is a bit annoying to say the least.

I know football is completely different to the normal working world but I can't help but think if this is how I'm currently feeling then god knows how the QPR squad now feel. Like the OP states I don't know how Beale sleeps at night.
Beale / Job on 10:21 - Nov 30 with 3167 viewsDubaiR

Beale / Job on 10:15 - Nov 30 by flitwickhoop

Interesting post this.

If I can add my own experience. I left a very stable job in April this year (I work in manufacturing) to join a smaller company but with potentially greater opportunities for myself going forward. I quickly settled into the role and formed a great working relationship with my boss.

However last week my boss calls me to tell me that he has handed his notice in and will be leaving the company in the new year. It was out of the blue and to say I was shocked was understatement, following that another one of our department heads who I work closely with has handed his notice in also. In the space of a week I have gone from being happy in my job to now being uncertain of what is going to happen and whether I want to progress with the company or look elsewhere. Ultimately one of the main reasons I joined was because I liked what I was told by my line manager in interview but now I find out that he was ultimately going to up and just six months later is a bit annoying to say the least.

I know football is completely different to the normal working world but I can't help but think if this is how I'm currently feeling then god knows how the QPR squad now feel. Like the OP states I don't know how Beale sleeps at night.

Great post.

Why is he leaving would be what I ask, and how long has he been there. Better job after years of service or is something going on behind the scenes at the company which has prompted him to move?

Does this present you with more opportunities, he will need replacing?
Beale / Job on 11:00 - Nov 30 with 3061 viewsParkRoyalR

Beale / Job on 09:40 - Nov 30 by DubaiR

I think he will get off to a great start then fade away, this time next year he will be under pressure is my guess. This season a free hit as 9 point gap, next season won't be.

Our challenge is I believe we can grow market share but the company/factory sadly isn't set up for an increase in volume without large investment which I do not see as forthcoming,

They talk about growth but in reality not set up for it (some similarities to QPR)

On the back of what I was sold, I sold the same to my team that we could build something and look back with a sense of pride, they probably look at me now and think **ick!

I'd say your team obviously trust you (and rightly so) and hold you in high regard otherwise they wouldn't have followed you, as no doubt they weighed the pro's + con's up pre-move as you did.

Sure you're on it but always ways to grow without huge direct investment by partnering up with other manufacturers + suppliers, here or overseas.

Either way I believe (or hope) good things come to good people so hopefully comes good for you and your team and the loyal supporters of Glasgow Rangers go toxic on Mr Loyalty + Integrity some time very soon.
Login to get fewer ads

Beale / Job on 11:06 - Nov 30 with 3048 viewsflitwickhoop

Beale / Job on 10:21 - Nov 30 by DubaiR

Great post.

Why is he leaving would be what I ask, and how long has he been there. Better job after years of service or is something going on behind the scenes at the company which has prompted him to move?

Does this present you with more opportunities, he will need replacing?

I would say he's making a sideways move. To be fair to him he has been very honest with me and explained his reasons for leaving, which also reflect the reason for other resignation, ultimately the senior management structure is a bit of a s*itshow. Both people leaving have been at the company for 10+ years so there is clearly something not right in the upper echelons.

To be honest, it does give me the opportunity to go for his role but it's a role I know I would not be ready for and based on the feedback from my boss I wouldn't want to work for his boss, so like I say it has left me in a weird situation where I don't really know what to do other than look elsewhere. Obviously I never would have been told this at the time but had I known I never would have left my old role, where although un-motivated and comfortable it was a stable role and well run company.

Like I say it's a mixture of emotions, but I do feel like I've been sold a lie.
Beale / Job on 11:23 - Nov 30 with 3013 viewsDubaiR

As get on well would you follow him again if the opportunity came up or would you have doubts?
Beale / Job on 11:30 - Nov 30 with 2983 viewsflitwickhoop

Beale / Job on 11:23 - Nov 30 by DubaiR

As get on well would you follow him again if the opportunity came up or would you have doubts?

Good question.

He has already said he would have no qualms getting me in at his new place, and I would be interested to be honest, but ultimately I suppose it would always be in the back of my mind how long he is committed to it for.
Beale / Job on 12:02 - Nov 30 with 2883 viewsDubaiR

I bet a number of our players having the same debate in their own minds right now.

I would stick it out a bit and see what happens. There will be redundancies next year at a lot of places I think. Although fairly new there they probably now need your experience with the resignations.

New boss could come in and be amazing. Give till Feb time and then decide.

Recruitment slows down now till Q1 anyway.

Good luck mate
Beale / Job on 12:20 - Nov 30 with 2824 viewsflitwickhoop

Beale / Job on 12:02 - Nov 30 by DubaiR

I bet a number of our players having the same debate in their own minds right now.

I would stick it out a bit and see what happens. There will be redundancies next year at a lot of places I think. Although fairly new there they probably now need your experience with the resignations.

New boss could come in and be amazing. Give till Feb time and then decide.

Recruitment slows down now till Q1 anyway.

Good luck mate

Cheers mate.

That's my thinking to be honest, trying not to make any rash decisions but also like you say if this is how I feel in some nothing middle of the road job, imagine how the players feel, especially after all the 'loyalty, we're all in this together' public nonsense that Molely Mick was spouting a few weeks back.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 12:21]
Beale / Job on 12:24 - Nov 30 with 2805 viewsDubaiR

Agree mate.

Hopefully players do same, head down and get the job done.
Beale / Job on 12:35 - Nov 30 with 2760 viewsnix

Beale / Job on 12:20 - Nov 30 by flitwickhoop

Cheers mate.

That's my thinking to be honest, trying not to make any rash decisions but also like you say if this is how I feel in some nothing middle of the road job, imagine how the players feel, especially after all the 'loyalty, we're all in this together' public nonsense that Molely Mick was spouting a few weeks back.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 12:21]

They could well feel like that but imagine you get someone in who's really enthusiastic and wants to build on what the previous bosses have achieved. If I were Beale's successor I'd be exploiting the players' possible feelings of uncertainty and betrayal by using it to prove Beale wrong and to get in the play offs. Demonstrate my belief in their ability to achieve this. The one thing that would make him question his decision is if we make this happen.

The uncertainty, injuries and a bit of bad luck in games have all contributed IMO to a bad run. We can get back on track as players come back rested and hopefully with renewed enthusiasm.

Surely it's about time we had new manager bounce.
Beale / Job on 18:20 - Nov 30 with 2405 viewsWatfordR

I've said it on another post, but MB's behaviour come across to me as somewhat "erratic".

Whilst we all view loyalty and bullshit in football as part and parcel, for a guy who wants to hit the heights in his profession, the evidence of his behaviour is there on the internet and social media forever, and anyone looking to employ him in future would surely have some question marks to put against him.

Whilst we have backed MB with, what is for us, fairly significant sums, would you want to employ him if you're going to back him with tens of millions in outlay on players if there's a doubt that he'll still be with you a few months later?

It just seems to me that for anyone in his position, you're not going around giving it "loyalty and integrity" knowing you'll be off asap, but that's exactly what he did.

I just find it bizarre, and I wonder if, quietly, the club might actually be glad to be shot of him.
Beale / Job on 20:30 - Nov 30 with 2264 viewsBoston

Know anyfink abaht football, Dubai?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Beale / Job on 21:48 - Nov 30 with 2149 viewsdubaistu

I’ll go against the grain here, QPR is no different to any business out there when it comes to employing staff. You’re just a number, cows in a field that when your usefulness comes to an end, you’re off to slaughter. Always look after number one. I’ve had a few contracts whereby you’re tied in regarding competition (working for others, stealing clients, poaching existing staff or setting up a similar business).

Beale could have fluffed his lines in the first 20 games and the roles reversed if we had a Watford approach.

I’m glad he’s gone, most of this season it’s been about him, hit fat belly and syphilitic mole. He’s yesterdays news and he’ll fail at Rangers. Steve Maclaren was a cracking coach but awful manager, this cockwomble is no different.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 22:08]
Beale / Job on 05:35 - Dec 1 with 1926 viewsDubaiR

Played and managed at a good level, I sent my cv in last week;)
Beale / Job on 13:15 - Dec 1 with 1702 viewsThe_Beast1976

The perception - Beale is the Messiah (in his own mind at least)

The reality - Beale is a cn ut
Beale / Job on 13:38 - Dec 1 with 1658 viewsTGRRRSSS

He's heading for a car crash going on about georgraphy for instance.

Would he have left QPR for QP?

I don't think it's entirely the same, football is a different world entirely and if you want too be a top professional there's a fair chance you will have to move around the country in a way many don't do so much in the "real world"

So his family geography nonsense doesn't swallow for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024