Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Willock a luxury player in a relegation scrap .?? 19:08 - Apr 10 with 2121 viewsnumptydumpty

That performance for me today I did not think was going be in existence before the season end especially when two nil down so early.

When Willock was not picked at the start, I certainly questioned the decision and again the late subs of Dozzell and Richards instead of Willock also surprised me.

If the choice of Willock or Chair in the team, its always going to be the smallest Chair in the club, because he is always very involved in the game, whereas Willock can become anonymous at times.

When we in top form, Willock and Chair are the perfect combination for us and it appeared Ainsworth tried that against Preston.

But we fighting for our lives and the fact Dykes does always play better in two up top, is this likely to be the set up for last few games.

Dykes occasionally does finish very well but obviously it's something he needs much more consistency in but perhaps he feels more confident with another big man up front.

He certainly played much better alongside Charlie Austin.

Chair can perform sometimes without Willock but often I feel Willock needs his buddy beside him.

I was surprised by him not even being brought in at the end but actually remarkably both Dozell and Richards had good efforts to win the game.

Willock was the top man at the start of our season but with more battling displays required , do we think he will get much game time for the rest of the season.

I think he wasn't brought on today because we did also need to make sure we at least drew today.

But a strange scenario in which potentially your most talented player does not get a look in, for the crucial games ahead !!!

Was just interested how others see this for last few games ?.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 19:34]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Is Willock a luxury player in a relegation scrap .?? on 19:17 - Apr 10 with 1995 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jesus, just enjoy the night!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is Willock a luxury player in a relegation scrap .?? on 19:32 - Apr 10 with 1915 viewsnumptydumpty

Is Willock a luxury player in a relegation scrap .?? on 19:17 - Apr 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Jesus, just enjoy the night!

Err I am Sir Brian !!

Was just looking ahead because each performance needs to be improved on game on game in our current position and we don't want to revert to type next game.

Was just an observation that I thought Ainsworth probably concluded himself.

And just wondered if others saw it that way.

It's a great performance finally and no one happier than me !!!

Chill out chap. No worries 😊
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 19:35]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Is Willock a luxury player in a relegation scrap .?? on 19:47 - Apr 10 with 1811 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is Willock a luxury player in a relegation scrap .?? on 19:32 - Apr 10 by numptydumpty

Err I am Sir Brian !!

Was just looking ahead because each performance needs to be improved on game on game in our current position and we don't want to revert to type next game.

Was just an observation that I thought Ainsworth probably concluded himself.

And just wondered if others saw it that way.

It's a great performance finally and no one happier than me !!!

Chill out chap. No worries 😊
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 19:35]

Sorry man, just made me chuckle!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is Willock a luxury player in a relegation scrap .?? on 21:17 - Apr 10 with 1552 viewsSuperhoops2808

Perhaps we are just not rushing Willock back to the fold and risk another injury, which I believe we have been guilty of in the past
Is Willock a luxury player in a relegation scrap .?? on 22:13 - Apr 10 with 1405 viewsdixiedean

With his fitness history it would have been madness to start him for 3 games in 9 days. It’s too early to judge whether he’ll get back to his previous level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024