Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
cyclists................... 20:32 - Oct 18 with 3432 viewsklr

Can someone please tell these people that if you are around 50 years old & three or four stone overweight then you arent going to suddenly become an overnight Olympian just because you can ( just about ) squeeze in to some Lycra & are lucky enough to be able to afford splashing out 2 grand on a fancy Italian bike.
cyclists................... on 20:37 - Oct 18 with 2190 viewsHollowayRanger

think one came a cropper either that or a motorbiker on the cally this morning totally screwed up caledonain road and made me late for work

they were able to talk to ambulance crew so should recover

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

cyclists................... on 22:28 - Oct 18 with 2079 viewsJuzzie

Tonight a cyclist on the Marylebone Road happy to go down the inside of a bus despite it clearly indicating to turn left. I had to shout at her to stop otherwise she'd have been squished. I don't get it, I really just don't get it.

Us motorcyclists are known as 'organ donors' but I think that title has been passed on to cyclists.

Seen quite a few fitting the description above too since the Olympics. Thousand pounds or so worth of bike and kit and I reckon it'll stay in the shed once the weather turns properly cold, never to be seen again.

cyclists................... on 23:30 - Oct 18 with 2033 viewssmegma

No offence but i would've left the cyclist to her own devices. I bet if the worse case scenario arose her family would've been saying how it was the bus drivers fault and she was an expert cyclist blah de bleeding blah. I wince at ssome of the cyclists I see on a daily basis.
cyclists................... on 01:58 - Oct 19 with 1995 viewsSonofNorfolt

cyclists................... on 23:30 - Oct 18 by smegma

No offence but i would've left the cyclist to her own devices. I bet if the worse case scenario arose her family would've been saying how it was the bus drivers fault and she was an expert cyclist blah de bleeding blah. I wince at ssome of the cyclists I see on a daily basis.

Especially in town Chris, I've lost count over the years when I've witnessed nearly fatal accidents and the biker, clearly at fault, has blamed the motorist.
cyclists................... on 02:04 - Oct 19 with 1990 viewsKiwi76

We get the weekend lycra warriors down here as well - riding 2-3-4 abreast, running red lights then turning up en masse at bloody cafe and clogging that up as well...
cyclists................... on 06:23 - Oct 19 with 1948 viewsPommyhoop

cyclists................... on 02:04 - Oct 19 by Kiwi76

We get the weekend lycra warriors down here as well - riding 2-3-4 abreast, running red lights then turning up en masse at bloody cafe and clogging that up as well...

Yeah we also get em in Brissy.I was doing a bit of OT on a Sunday and loved the looks of pure jelousy from these tubby lycra weekend warriors as I tucked into my double large Full Fried Breaky while they sipped on their water or protein drinks trying to impress their cycle buddies,..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

cyclists................... on 08:39 - Oct 19 with 1865 viewswombat

cyclists................... on 06:23 - Oct 19 by Pommyhoop

Yeah we also get em in Brissy.I was doing a bit of OT on a Sunday and loved the looks of pure jelousy from these tubby lycra weekend warriors as I tucked into my double large Full Fried Breaky while they sipped on their water or protein drinks trying to impress their cycle buddies,..

said it before said it again make the feckers pay a tax for using there bikes as all the car drivers have to .

they dont give a flying to$$ when it comes to road safety and blame the other person everytime . they still want a ambulance same as us tax paying car drivers , they still want care by the nhs same as us car drivers. they dont face the same penaltys when they run a red light , do an illegal turn etc etc.

you may have guessed im not a fan

but then again less people would get organ transpalnts if there wer no cyclists on the road.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

cyclists................... on 08:54 - Oct 19 with 1846 viewspomanjou

cyclists................... on 08:39 - Oct 19 by wombat

said it before said it again make the feckers pay a tax for using there bikes as all the car drivers have to .

they dont give a flying to$$ when it comes to road safety and blame the other person everytime . they still want a ambulance same as us tax paying car drivers , they still want care by the nhs same as us car drivers. they dont face the same penaltys when they run a red light , do an illegal turn etc etc.

but then again less people would get organ transpalnts if there wer no cyclists on the road.

There's a redeeming feature in most arguments

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Login to get fewer ads

cyclists................... on 09:03 - Oct 19 with 1833 viewsJeff

would you like a larger broom for your sweeping generalisation there Wombat?

Sure there are a number of bad cyclists on the road (and as i cyclist i don't like bad cyclists either...) but lets not get all pious about the driving ability of all road users.

i *daily* have to run the gauntlet of people in their f*ck off SUV's talking on the phone and not paying attention to me whilst pulling out of side roads, and i'm hardly inconspicuous when i cycle...

for every red light jumping cyclist there's a car that gives me less than six inches of space when overtaking...

Can we not knock it?

cyclists................... on 09:10 - Oct 19 with 1812 viewsElHoop

cyclists................... on 09:03 - Oct 19 by Jeff

Sure there are a number of bad cyclists on the road (and as i cyclist i don't like bad cyclists either...) but lets not get all pious about the driving ability of all road users.

i *daily* have to run the gauntlet of people in their f*ck off SUV's talking on the phone and not paying attention to me whilst pulling out of side roads, and i'm hardly inconspicuous when i cycle...

for every red light jumping cyclist there's a car that gives me less than six inches of space when overtaking...

Spot on.

I see that the LFW 'Laughing boy Society' has got out of bed on the wrong side this morning.

There's so many bad drivers on the roads these days that it's hard to notice a cyclist in the first place.

I've got a mountain bike and I go out on it at weekends in the winter and some weekdays in the summer. I try to keep off the roads as far as possible to avoid the lunatics behind the wheel. Plenty of tracks and bridleways round here. It's great fun and it's good for you.

cyclists................... on 09:39 - Oct 19 with 1771 viewssmegma

Hands up any driver who has never jumped a red light ?? I bet theres a total of ZERO.
I cycle 15 miles to work each day and the amount of cyclists I see at 6am in the pitch dark without any reflective clobber/lights and jumping lights is ridiculous.
I look like something from space.
I also come across pisspoor drivers who fail to indicate when turning into/out of side streets is also very high, plus the ubiquitous light jumpers. I must admit if I didn't do shift work I wouldn't cycle into London during the morning/evening rush hour as it is so dangerous. I'm also fortunate not having to use major roads as I use the grand union canal and river thames paths for about 50% of the trip. The only dogy bit is the south circular from Mortlake to Putney, but like I said, I look like the Blackpool Illuminations as I plod along. At last count I have 6 lights and look like a QPR steward in my gear.
cyclists................... on 09:39 - Oct 19 with 1771 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I've taken to wearing a 54 year old French M51 'Otang ' steel helmet and steel toe riggers boots it's amazing the space you get.

I agree though hundreds of bad cyclists, I see them every day. Yesterday I was waiting at the lights going to RADA and 3 feckwits went past me.

Usually they have mostly buggered of the road when the weather turns nasty but the olympics have given some of them a bit more go.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

cyclists................... on 11:27 - Oct 19 with 1729 viewsLofthope

cyclists................... on 09:39 - Oct 19 by Metallica_Hoop

I've taken to wearing a 54 year old French M51 'Otang ' steel helmet and steel toe riggers boots it's amazing the space you get.

I agree though hundreds of bad cyclists, I see them every day. Yesterday I was waiting at the lights going to RADA and 3 feckwits went past me.

Usually they have mostly buggered of the road when the weather turns nasty but the olympics have given some of them a bit more go.

As an ageing lycra wearing MAMIL I would ask you to distinguish between the arsehole urban riders that give cyclists a bad name and serious cyclists who tend to be traffic aware.

And I don't care if I cannot become an Olympian, I love getting out of London on my bike. Judging by the beer guts I see at QPR each week, it would do a few others some good to follow suit.....after a while the lycra fits much better you know!
cyclists................... on 12:38 - Oct 19 with 1681 viewsQPunkR

The arguments for cyclists not paying road tax have been made many times before, and a few times on this board. And we all pay for f*cking ambulances and the f*cking NHS anyway out of taxes, not road tax
Does the fact that I'm on 2 wheels give some jumped up c*nt in a black cab or white van the right to try and ram me?? Funny enough they all quieten down when I stop and approach them. This has happened several times and I'm at the point that I'm going to start carrying rocks in my pockets to break the windscreens of f*ckers that try it.

QPR - "shit but local"

cyclists................... on 14:20 - Oct 19 with 1635 viewsR_from_afar

+1
I cycle rather than using my car whenever possible (to feel more connected with my community, for my health, for the environment and because it briefly fools me into thinking I am still young) and I hate cyclists who break the rules of the road but I have to say that the roads are frequently terrifying for cyclists.

I have been forced off the road by buses and cars and once had a stand up row with a French driver, in France, in French, holding up the traffic behind us after he couldn't be bothered to wait for a space to overtake me and caught me as he drove past. He was craven and admitted he had clipped me but seemed to think waiting until it was safe would've been unthinkable.

I also saw an old cyclist clipped by an Excel logistics truck - he wobbled and very nearly crashed (no, the cyclist you fools) - and reported him, which led to the driver being warned (or so the letter said).

Look, in a nutshell, all road users need to coexist so let's be considerate and obey the traffic laws, then we might get just where we're going before closing time.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

cyclists................... on 14:29 - Oct 19 with 1624 viewsMetallica_Hoop

cyclists................... on 11:27 - Oct 19 by Lofthope

As an ageing lycra wearing MAMIL I would ask you to distinguish between the arsehole urban riders that give cyclists a bad name and serious cyclists who tend to be traffic aware.

And I don't care if I cannot become an Olympian, I love getting out of London on my bike. Judging by the beer guts I see at QPR each week, it would do a few others some good to follow suit.....after a while the lycra fits much better you know!

Were you replying to me directly?

I'm a cyclist and also fed up with the bad ones, hence my comments.

cyclists................... on 14:47 - Oct 19 with 1597 viewsAunt_Nelly

cyclists................... on 11:27 - Oct 19 by Lofthope

Cycling cliques are fckin hilarious.

cyclists................... on 14:48 - Oct 19 with 1593 viewsJuzzie

The problem is the person rather than the vehicle. The mode of transport is an inanimate object, as it were, but by being on a bicycle you are probably THE most vulnerable of all road users.

Therefore doing things like going down the inside of a bus when it's indicating left, or using no lights/reflective clothing at night (I see loads in London) or running a red light, going the wrong way down one-way streets (outside of work is one-way but they do this all the time) etc are surely all things you just would not do in order to preserve your own health/life?

It's like half of them have a death wish.

I saw a cyclist the other morning bedecked in dayglo gear rightly having a go at a car driver who was on the phone then the cyclist went through the very next red light. No point in getting all righteous if you just break the law yourself 30 seconds later.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
cyclists................... on 14:51 - Oct 19 with 1589 viewswombat

when you learn to drive you take a test when you take to the roads you dont so im afrraid shed loads of wanna be olympians havent got a clue what a road sign is until they go flying into them , didnt one of the posters on heres daughter get his and hospitialised recently after a game by a cyclist who hit her ?

not tarrring all cyclists with the same bruch but plenty on the roads shouldnt be. they bleat when a car might get a wee bit to close to them as they wobble down the road avoiding those nasty potholes which the car drivers have no idea about until a bike flys in front of there front wheels.

you have a low speed accident in london in a car and luckily you are unlikely to be hurt, have the same accident on a bike and you are going to get hurt and end up in casualty . who costs the NHS more ?

ps jamie I drive a feck off SUV as well and keep well away from most cyclists as they are buggers to scrape of the radiator grill.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

cyclists................... on 14:55 - Oct 19 with 1580 viewsEastR

I must check my payslip next week so see which rate my NI deductions say - pedestrian, cyclist or driver....

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

cyclists................... on 14:55 - Oct 19 with 1579 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Just to point out while not licensed I took and passed my Cycling proficiency test in 1989 (lost the badge though)

I don't do that slowing down signal though try doing that one handed on London's pot holed roads.

cyclists................... on 15:43 - Oct 19 with 1537 viewsblacky200

I cycle, ride motorbikes and drive cars (not all at the same time) and there are as many shocking levels of road craft in all categories of road users as there are good.
But, answering the original poster, why shouldn't people cycle? Do you moan when Wimbledon rolls up every year and people play tennis for a couple of weeks, or the Ryder cup and golf courses get booked up?
cyclists................... on 16:00 - Oct 19 with 1512 viewsLofthope

cyclists................... on 14:29 - Oct 19 by Metallica_Hoop

Were you replying to me directly?

I'm a cyclist and also fed up with the bad ones, hence my comments.

No, just clicked 'add reply' by mistake.

I think that cyclists are OK, the bad ones are bike riders rather than cyclists.

Most cyclists tend to be adults who drive as well (and therefore already pay road tax as car owners)....it's the immature young oiks and dizzy self-righteous greenpeace treehuggers in urban areas that need sorting out.
cyclists................... on 16:15 - Oct 19 with 1498 viewsMetallica_Hoop

cyclists................... on 16:00 - Oct 19 by Lofthope

No, just clicked 'add reply' by mistake.

I think that cyclists are OK, the bad ones are bike riders rather than cyclists.

Most cyclists tend to be adults who drive as well (and therefore already pay road tax as car owners)....it's the immature young oiks and dizzy self-righteous greenpeace treehuggers in urban areas that need sorting out.

I didn't think you did, 'cos i didn't mention anyone in lycra but I thought I'd check.

I more or less agree with you. I'd start with those adults who ride on the pavement texting thinking you should get out the way because they are too pussy to get on the road.

cyclists................... on 18:46 - Oct 19 with 1445 viewsR_from_afar

cyclists................... on 14:51 - Oct 19 by wombat

when you learn to drive you take a test when you take to the roads you dont so im afrraid shed loads of wanna be olympians havent got a clue what a road sign is until they go flying into them , didnt one of the posters on heres daughter get his and hospitialised recently after a game by a cyclist who hit her ?

not tarrring all cyclists with the same bruch but plenty on the roads shouldnt be. they bleat when a car might get a wee bit to close to them as they wobble down the road avoiding those nasty potholes which the car drivers have no idea about until a bike flys in front of there front wheels.

you have a low speed accident in london in a car and luckily you are unlikely to be hurt, have the same accident on a bike and you are going to get hurt and end up in casualty . who costs the NHS more ?

ps jamie I drive a feck off SUV as well and keep well away from most cyclists as they are buggers to scrape of the radiator grill.

Oh please now you are being silly! The "logic" you are using here would apply to pedestrians also because they are also more vulnerable than drivers. So that means we all need to drive everywhere, ideally in armoured cars, so there is less chance of us being injured in a crash.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024