Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taarabt up front on his own 22:12 - Jan 2 with 1133 viewssdm1508

Was this almost like the false 9 thing? With his ability to hold the ball up and take people on, should he stay there for the time being? Get the wingers joining and running past?
Taarabt up front on his own on 22:16 - Jan 2 with 1094 viewswestberksr

no reason why not.

the midfield is stronger with that grizzly old git My Lord back holding it together.

2 wide supporting the only player that can actually hold up the ball properly and is also strong enough to put it about, as long as they keep it on the deck for him.
Taarabt up front on his own on 22:23 - Jan 2 with 1014 viewsBlackCrowe

My Lord is quite simply everything that football is all about.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Taarabt up front on his own on 22:31 - Jan 2 with 936 viewshighlandbill

Taarabt up front on his own on 22:23 - Jan 2 by BlackCrowe

My Lord is quite simply everything that football is all about.

Hopefully this will kill any suggestion we sell him in the window. He is the one player who has given me joy game after game (often in a spluttering sense) but tonight he showed himself as a R's giant. If he goes I go. Adel has it before him to be up there with Bowles and Marsh. A wonderfully talented player, if he was in a team of similar skills he would be talked up as world class but for now lets keep hush! Lets make sure he knows how much we appreciate him it at the Spurs game. Prepare to hone your diving skills Bale because our man is on song!

At my age I should not be doing this!

Taarabt up front on his own on 22:33 - Jan 2 with 904 viewsTacticalR

We looked better without Cissé in the second half against Liverpool on Sunday, and Redknapp went with the same formation tonight. The problem with Cissé is that he can end up not being involved in the game, and you need all eleven players to be involved in the game to win a match in the Premiership.

Air hostess clique

Taarabt up front on his own on 22:33 - Jan 2 with 892 viewseghamranger

Just seen Harry's interview on sky, all his doing, spoke to Adel yesterday, practiced for a couple of hours and 3 points the next day!

Some people don't like Harry but that just shows he is class

Uuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssss
Taarabt up front on his own on 09:25 - Jan 3 with 788 viewspomanjou

Very astute by Harry. They could'nt take their eye of him. Wonderfully weighted pass for SWP.

For all those who sneered and jeered when I suggested Tarby should be played upfront a couple of months ago; go eat some humble stuff.

We rode our luck bigtime (overdue) but on the other hand they should have been down to 10 men early on. Onwards and upwards.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Taarabt up front on his own on 09:31 - Jan 3 with 759 viewskropotkin41

Taarabt up front on his own on 22:31 - Jan 2 by highlandbill

Hopefully this will kill any suggestion we sell him in the window. He is the one player who has given me joy game after game (often in a spluttering sense) but tonight he showed himself as a R's giant. If he goes I go. Adel has it before him to be up there with Bowles and Marsh. A wonderfully talented player, if he was in a team of similar skills he would be talked up as world class but for now lets keep hush! Lets make sure he knows how much we appreciate him it at the Spurs game. Prepare to hone your diving skills Bale because our man is on song!

Searching for "Gareth Bale dives" on Youtube throws up more than 200 results....... one of which is Harry telling the world that Bale doesn't dive!!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Taarabt up front on his own on 09:32 - Jan 3 with 740 viewsN12Hoop

Taarabt up front on his own on 22:33 - Jan 2 by TacticalR

We looked better without Cissé in the second half against Liverpool on Sunday, and Redknapp went with the same formation tonight. The problem with Cissé is that he can end up not being involved in the game, and you need all eleven players to be involved in the game to win a match in the Premiership.

Against West Brom also Cisse was completely anonymous but scored and that is the dilemma. Do we carry him for 90 mins because of what he can do in a few seconds, or do we move Adel into a forward position where, and I never thought I would say this, he works harder than Cisse and so is more useful throughout 90 mins? Given our lack of quality I don't think we can afford to carry Cisse with the way he is playing at the moment and should give Adel a run.
And Adel's touch to SWP for the goal was absolutely sublime. He is true class.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Login to get fewer ads

Taarabt up front on his own on 09:38 - Jan 3 with 711 viewsTheBlob

Just behind a central striker is ideal for him.From halfway to opponent's box is his hunting ground - now to find someone with Mackie's pace but with Defoe's finishing.....or the Michael Owen of old.

Yeah I know,Suarez.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Taarabt up front on his own on 09:38 - Jan 3 with 709 viewsHAYESBOY

It worked yesterday and it is an option for away games against far better teams than us,but at home? Not for me. That was parking the bus yesterday and squeezing the space in front of our area. Then trying to nick something on the break.

I prefer and like to see Tarbs play in the hole behind a striker. He is not a striKer and certainly not a loan striker.

I also think its been underestimated how much we have missed Zamora.
Hopefully he is back within a couple of weeks and i think Harry will get the best out of him in the loan striker role.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Taarabt up front on his own on 09:41 - Jan 3 with 697 viewsbaz_qpr

You could set it up in such a way that Cisse and Mackie are coming from behind in the wider positions. Despite his goal SWP was still really poor and we need another winger as well as a striker
Taarabt up front on his own on 09:41 - Jan 3 with 695 viewsTheBlob

Actually,would like to see DJ up top on Saturday,see if he can latch onto a couple of silky through balls.

Taarabt up front on his own on 09:47 - Jan 3 with 667 viewsCharlie1

He was utter class last night. Came of age.

Give Adel responsibility and he thrives. Redknapp will take him onto another level now.

Not only did he cause Cahill and Ivanovic problems but made sure Luiz stayed deep. The ball stuck to him. His hold up play was superb but we did play ourselves into problems at times.

Superb performance.

2:59 baby!

Taarabt up front on his own on 09:55 - Jan 3 with 634 viewsJonDoeman

Taarabt up front on his own on 09:25 - Jan 3 by pomanjou

Very astute by Harry. They could'nt take their eye of him. Wonderfully weighted pass for SWP.

For all those who sneered and jeered when I suggested Tarby should be played upfront a couple of months ago; go eat some humble stuff.

We rode our luck bigtime (overdue) but on the other hand they should have been down to 10 men early on. Onwards and upwards.

Fair play, I remember that thread....

It Is What It Is !!

Taarabt up front on his own on 10:40 - Jan 3 with 574 viewsolderR

Taarabt up front on his own on 09:41 - Jan 3 by TheBlob

Actually,would like to see DJ up top on Saturday,see if he can latch onto a couple of silky through balls.

The problem this season has been that there haven't been many silky through balls.

When there were Cisse put them away.

DJ would suffer as well.
Taarabt up front on his own on 10:47 - Jan 3 with 550 viewsTheBlob

Cisse has got as much pace as an arthritic tortoise.No point in him trying to chase down a decent ball.He'll slot home the occasional gift I grant you.

Taarabt up front on his own on 11:10 - Jan 3 with 501 viewsNeil_SI

The positive with Taarabt up top and playing like that, is we got to play all of our football in the defensive, midfield and upper midfield areas. We've not played much football in the attacking third for the best part of a year, so him dropping deeper helped us build and play and was the right move.

Whenever we did try and venture in that final third, we seemed to mess it up, or rather, Shaun Wright-Phillips just didn't seem to realise he needed to go into the space, so we gave simple balls away four or five times.

It's a stepping stone and platform to build on, but this type of display might not work every week. It certainly suits us when we're playing deep and counter attacking football against stronger sides, which is really the teams best hope until it finds more expansive players that can play both ways.
Taarabt up front on his own on 11:19 - Jan 3 with 479 viewsAntti_Heinola

Taarabt up front on his own on 09:38 - Jan 3 by HAYESBOY

It worked yesterday and it is an option for away games against far better teams than us,but at home? Not for me. That was parking the bus yesterday and squeezing the space in front of our area. Then trying to nick something on the break.

I prefer and like to see Tarbs play in the hole behind a striker. He is not a striKer and certainly not a loan striker.

I also think its been underestimated how much we have missed Zamora.
Hopefully he is back within a couple of weeks and i think Harry will get the best out of him in the loan striker role.

He's certainly not a loan striker, I'll give you that.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024