Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! 03:11 - Aug 17 with 5930 viewsMelakaRanger

Are you, like me, still waiting?

I suspect we will be left wanting come the end of the window..................

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 07:29 - Aug 17 with 4417 viewsGloucs_R

Would rather have solid signings. Austin is a great signing. Junior looking good this season, AJ like a new signing. We don't need stars, we need grafters.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 08:13 - Aug 17 with 4367 viewspaulparker

Why does the club come out with this crap ??
It's the same as the Tweets about the new stadium
I have a novel idea for TF,HR & PB
Just keep schtum untill we have actually something
To announce that way no fecker can get the hump
When feck all happens

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 08:28 - Aug 17 with 4329 viewsdolcelatte

Then you'd moan that the club weren't telling you anything.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 08:29 - Aug 17 with 4326 viewsDesertBoot

That was always going to be Redknapp's "never in this position again" quote.
Two strikers and a left back might ease the mocking somewhat.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 08:41 - Aug 17 with 4301 viewsJonDoeman

I'll tell you what would blow my mind is seeing another home win, that would equal last seasons total wouldn't it? Get behind the team, and stop worrying about this transfer window bollocks on matchday!!!!!

It Is What It Is !!

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 09:19 - Aug 17 with 4239 viewsjonno

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 08:28 - Aug 17 by dolcelatte

Then you'd moan that the club weren't telling you anything.

The fact is that they don't actually have anything to tell us.
Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 09:23 - Aug 17 with 4228 viewsQPR_John

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 09:19 - Aug 17 by jonno

The fact is that they don't actually have anything to tell us.

But I am sure many will still ask why, if the club have nothing to tell us, they are they not telling us that.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2013 9:23]
Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 09:26 - Aug 17 with 4216 viewsreal_loftus

You know what 'Arry's like, he's saving it all up for deadline day.

Sky Sports outside LR, 'Arry being interviewed through the Range Rover window, last minute deals....its what its all set up for.

ATAF.

Login to get fewer ads

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 09:32 - Aug 17 with 4197 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 09:26 - Aug 17 by real_loftus

You know what 'Arry's like, he's saving it all up for deadline day.

Sky Sports outside LR, 'Arry being interviewed through the Range Rover window, last minute deals....its what its all set up for.

And they'll roll in once the premier league sides have named their 25 I guess, some handy loanees will help.
Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 09:54 - Aug 17 with 4136 viewsted_hendrix

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 08:41 - Aug 17 by JonDoeman

I'll tell you what would blow my mind is seeing another home win, that would equal last seasons total wouldn't it? Get behind the team, and stop worrying about this transfer window bollocks on matchday!!!!!

There's a reasonable chance that after todays game we might just have 7 points out of a possible 9, how good is that or how long is it since we could have even said that?

I let other people waffle on about transfers

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 10:03 - Aug 17 with 4115 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 09:54 - Aug 17 by ted_hendrix

There's a reasonable chance that after todays game we might just have 7 points out of a possible 9, how good is that or how long is it since we could have even said that?

I let other people waffle on about transfers

He waffled

I agree though it's been a great start so far, our best literally for years! I have the usual trepidation today - predicting a win, fearing a loss, not knowing what to expect! Can't wait for 3pm!
Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 10:45 - Aug 17 with 4042 viewsTW_R

I'm glad we havent had any mind blowing transfers yet. It means we get to see a thread like this on a daily basis until at least the 1st September.
Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 10:48 - Aug 17 with 4034 viewsJuzzie

I think we need to take these comments with a pinch of salt. I've lost count how many people have started a "Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers!" types of thread.

It's 'presser' stuff, tw@tter, facebook, media hyperbole. Ignore it.
Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 11:18 - Aug 17 with 3984 viewsisawqpratwcity

This is seriously doing my head in.

We are going into a match with only Austin and Zamora as fit strikers (!), and this is acceptable how? (And like these two aren't physio's favourites.)

Ffs, Harry has form for this kind of negligence: we came out of the last January transfer window at least one striker short. Buy some f*cking strikers, Harry, STRIKERS!!!!

I'm not going to lay the blame for this at the feet of Fernandes or Beard until I hear Harry say that the team needs more strikers and if he doesn't get them then he's going to walk. And with the situation we currently find ourselves in, I'd suggest that NOW might a good time for him to speak up.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 11:45 - Aug 17 with 3947 viewsClint_Power

What do you expect? Should we be throwing money at everyone and anyone? We've made a couple of very good signings in Simpson and Austin and brought in Dunne and O'Neill who will be an asset to the squad at this level. We had an unbalanced squad from last season, and we've had to get rid of players who wanted to leave or weren't going to do a job for us this season. We've done well to get a lot of these wages off our books and we're in the process of filling the 2 or 3 places we still need to. Personally I would prefer we took our time, targeted the right players, did due diligence on all of them and paid a fair price for them rather than rushing into transfers and paying 5 mil and that again in wages for an average player.
Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 12:17 - Aug 17 with 3903 viewsdavman

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 11:45 - Aug 17 by Clint_Power

What do you expect? Should we be throwing money at everyone and anyone? We've made a couple of very good signings in Simpson and Austin and brought in Dunne and O'Neill who will be an asset to the squad at this level. We had an unbalanced squad from last season, and we've had to get rid of players who wanted to leave or weren't going to do a job for us this season. We've done well to get a lot of these wages off our books and we're in the process of filling the 2 or 3 places we still need to. Personally I would prefer we took our time, targeted the right players, did due diligence on all of them and paid a fair price for them rather than rushing into transfers and paying 5 mil and that again in wages for an average player.

Harry is building an even more unbalanced squad though. Any midfielder that comes available comes our way. Off the top of my head we still have Faurlin, Diakite, M'Bia, Barton, Henry, O'Neil, Ephraim, Hoilett, SWP,Sutherland and we're STILL being linked with Baird and Parker. Do we need 12 midfielders or would 4 (fittish) strikers be better?
Also, what about Centre Back? We have Hill, Dunne and Onouha; one young 'un, one getting on a bit and one getting on even more and on the treatment table more often than not - royally screwed if any of them get injured.

To me, this squad is even more unbalanced than it was last season and without at least 4 more signings (which would result in another ridiculously busy transfer window), that's not going to change any time soon...
[Post edited 17 Aug 2013 12:18]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 12:20 - Aug 17 with 3890 viewsisawqpratwcity

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 11:45 - Aug 17 by Clint_Power

Never mind how much we save, we haven't got enough strikers. Can you see that?

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 12:40 - Aug 17 with 3868 viewsisawqpratwcity

Oi, Clunt Power, we are going into a game with 1 1/2 strikers and no-one on the bench. Still think we should take our time deciding?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2013 12:43]

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 12:54 - Aug 17 with 3852 viewsGloucs_R

I could write what half of you know about football on the back of a stamp. This isnt Football Manager.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 12:57 - Aug 17 with 3845 viewsisawqpratwcity

You have got to be kidding me. You are defending this situation?

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 13:06 - Aug 17 with 3827 viewsisawqpratwcity

Come on, Glouc, you think we have Austin and Zamora as our only available striker team and you think that is ok?

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 13:12 - Aug 17 with 3820 viewsisawqpratwcity

Come on, Gloucs, you can't support our striker set-up and you know it.

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 13:20 - Aug 17 with 3800 viewsjohnhoop

Actually we haven't even got 2 fit strikers cause anyone who thinks Bobby Z is fit to play football needs there head examined.
Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 13:26 - Aug 17 with 3791 viewsisawqpratwcity

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 13:20 - Aug 17 by johnhoop

Actually we haven't even got 2 fit strikers cause anyone who thinks Bobby Z is fit to play football needs there head examined.

Dunno how Gloucs rated BZ, but that was why I was talking about 1 1/2 strikers.

(Where is Gloucs?)

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 13:26 - Aug 17 with 3790 viewsClint_Power

Still waiting for these 'Blow You Mind' transfers! on 12:40 - Aug 17 by isawqpratwcity

Oi, Clunt Power, we are going into a game with 1 1/2 strikers and no-one on the bench. Still think we should take our time deciding?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2013 12:43]

Yes, in a word. Do you think there are dozens of top championship strikers out there just waiting to be snapped up? Obviously we need to sign a striker, but it's not like snapping your fingers and bringing one in.

I'd rather we get by now and be patient than be lumbered with someone like Bothroyd on a 4 year contract. If Zamora can't last out the game we can always slot Hoilett in behind Austin or play with one up front as we have done often before. It's not ideal but it's not the end of the world.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024