Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From the Burnley Board 16:48 - Oct 21 with 10711 viewsQPR442

I know its other peoples opinions but some interesting comments about QPR.

I don't even consider QPR as our title rivals
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2112011763

From the Burnley Board on 16:53 - Oct 21 with 6473 viewsTheBlob

Bunch of ignorant tossers.I hope they choke on their whippet butties.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

From the Burnley Board on 16:56 - Oct 21 with 6455 viewsQPRDave

Eeeee............ someone's put ferret int with chickens, and caused a reet curffull oop thare!
From the Burnley Board on 16:57 - Oct 21 with 6445 viewsJonDoeman

That's funny, cos I don't consider Burnley as "title rivals" either.
Doubt they'll make the play-offs...!!!

It Is What It Is !!

From the Burnley Board on 16:58 - Oct 21 with 6439 viewsRblockPrior

wow some of them comments are deluded, I want to beat them so much more after reading that!
Id be suprised if Burnley are any where near the top come the end of the season
[Post edited 21 Oct 2013 17:00]

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

From the Burnley Board on 17:03 - Oct 21 with 6405 viewsDylanP

It makes for an interesting read. There are some bitter, some bombastic, some realistic. Just as you would expect on a football messageboard really.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

From the Burnley Board on 17:09 - Oct 21 with 6373 viewsHollowayRanger

still cant name one of their players

apart from vokes ? is he german?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

From the Burnley Board on 17:14 - Oct 21 with 6346 viewsadhoc_qpr

A fair few surprisingly arrogant comments mixed in with the usual moneybags QPR digs.

I would have thought Burnley would be a bit more level headed about their recent successes, but maybe i'm underestimating them, they'll thrash us at the weekend and romp home to the Championship title...

Personally i think the top 7 now will likely be the top 7 at the finish, but it could be in any order come the end of the season!
From the Burnley Board on 17:16 - Oct 21 with 6323 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Some really amazing posts on that board. They are having a go at our fans for being so arrogant and thinking we could walk the league yet most of our fans seem less optimistic than them. Alot of deluded points. They have a good squad and i do think they will be up there by the end of the season but they are going way over the top after 11 games

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Login to get fewer ads

From the Burnley Board on 17:17 - Oct 21 with 6330 viewsdaveB

similar to this board really, some arrogantly dismissing us and others realistic about it all.

Should be a good game on Saturday, Burnley have done very well so far and have an excellent manager, we'll do well to win that one
From the Burnley Board on 17:24 - Oct 21 with 6287 viewssimmo

From the Burnley Board on 17:17 - Oct 21 by daveB

similar to this board really, some arrogantly dismissing us and others realistic about it all.

Should be a good game on Saturday, Burnley have done very well so far and have an excellent manager, we'll do well to win that one

This. I have to say though I love seeing a 'small' team like Burnley come out of nowhere and suddenly find that everything is clicking for them. Apart from Saturday I wish them all the best, would rather see them go up than the likes of Leicester or Wigan.

I also hate the percpetion of our club now, we used to be well liked and similar to Burnley when we did well, now we are looked at like the Man U of this league. If I was a neutral I probably wouldnt like us either, which is a shame as we all know the SHITE we have been through as a club. We havent even been able to enjoy the transisition to 'money bags' QPR, the last 2 years have probably been the worst of my rangers supporting life.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

From the Burnley Board on 17:34 - Oct 21 with 6254 viewsQPR442

I like to think that I am level headed and try to give an honest fair argument but the one thing that really annoys me are those dumb 'Moneybags' QPR or 'Buying the league' quotes from thick supporters?

Money has always been in the game and if any think different they need to look at the history.

When Blackburn/City/Chelsea/ManU/Arsenal won the league they all did it by paying the money to get the better players. When QPR/Reading/Fulham/Newcastle and Co won the championship it was the same there but on another level.

It’s not our fault a Billionaire would rather buy a London Club than one in Burnley or Bradford? However you can see the reasoning behind it.

It comes simply down to jealousy.

And agree with the last post in that we went through tough times for many years and supports don't like the fact that we have money.

All those jealous fans would love a rich owner to take them onto a new level and if they say they wouldn’t then they are talking s##te
[Post edited 21 Oct 2013 17:38]
From the Burnley Board on 18:17 - Oct 21 with 6152 viewsDoughnut

Yes the 'Moneybags comments' are great, aren't they! Naturally, all the other teams making these comments, wouldn't have anything to do with that sort of dosh, if it came their way, because of their high-minded principles of not wanting to 'buy the league'.
Yeah...right!!!!!
From the Burnley Board on 18:37 - Oct 21 with 6069 viewsDylanP

From the Burnley Board on 18:17 - Oct 21 by Doughnut

Yes the 'Moneybags comments' are great, aren't they! Naturally, all the other teams making these comments, wouldn't have anything to do with that sort of dosh, if it came their way, because of their high-minded principles of not wanting to 'buy the league'.
Yeah...right!!!!!

When Fulham got bought and started progressing, there were plenty of people on here giving them grief for "buying success". Its what football fans do. Bitter when it is another club but happy if it is your own.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

From the Burnley Board on 18:46 - Oct 21 with 6035 viewsNW5Hoop

I think it's self-deluding of us to complain when other fans call us a moneybags club. For goodness sake, it's exactly what we are at the moment. Does anyone seriously dispute we've tried to buy success for the past three years. We failed twice, we may succeed this year. But whenever we see a problem - as Clive is always pointing out - we throw money at it. If I supported another club I'd feel a certain contempt for us, too.
From the Burnley Board on 19:01 - Oct 21 with 5974 viewsRangersDave

A perfect example of why we should go to attack.

We never seem to set up for out and out attack, merely to contain and build.
Home teams should always use that outlook no matter the team Your playing against IMHO.

Now I have nothing against Burnley, in fact I quite like it. Nice ground, good pies, easy parking, vocal support when I was last there, but their forum is the work of nere do wells, and cloud cookoo merchants.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

From the Burnley Board on 19:10 - Oct 21 with 5936 viewsQPR1882

Funniest post..ever

It's not about money in this league, it's about how many times your manager says 'framework' and how your manager laughs in the face of statistics.

We've never beaten Yeovil - 1-0 Dyche
We haven't beaten Reading since the last promotion season - 2-0 Dyche
We haven't won at Portman Rd in 43 years - 3-0 Dyche

I know QPR won at Yeovil which might make them as good as us but it was only a penalty. I blame the ref for that, they would be four points behind but for him.
From the Burnley Board on 19:13 - Oct 21 with 5924 viewsLblock

I'm not surprised they are venting on the moneybags front.
We did after all nick their 25 goal a season striker for £4million

I don't buy into this theory they cannot sustain a challenge
They score goals for fun, well drilled defensively, have a great home record and nick games away from home. They've come through some tough games as well

I'd gladly take a point on Saturday at the moment (but will be baying for all 3 at turf moor) but would hope to beat Wigan next Tuesday

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

From the Burnley Board on 20:28 - Oct 21 with 5698 viewsPommyhoop

At least 2 of their posters showed some sence..
posts 18 and 19.

wills_claret
Liked: 15 times in 12 posts
Hall of Fame
9 year member
Posted 21 Oct 2013 12:39
re: I don't even consider QPR as our title rivals
I think the OP in the QPR thread has it bang on to be honest. They've hardly played well by all accounts but are right up there with a game in hand on us. Next week will be a tough game for them, and I hope we win of course - but it means nothing in terms of a 'title 6 pointer'. If we go up automatically it will be perhaps the greatest achievement of any manager I've seen in my lifetime.

We've got a good crack of reaching the playoffs after this start, and I would be delighted at that. It really does depend on injuries, and whether our first eleven can sustain this form over a full season. Tough ask. But the title? No, it's simply fact that we aren't a rival for QPR whether you like it or not. And if anyone wants to have a bet with me that we're still with them by March, step up!! I'm not being negative, just realistic; the gap in quality between the two teams is fairly vast.

topcat69
User is Online
Liked: 2 times in 2 posts
Hall of Fame
5 year member
Posted 21 Oct 2013 13:00
QPR will win the league.
Harry will be allowed to spend in January, and money does talk.
I know it is not all about money but they will get there and hopefully at a canter as it will mean beating our genuine rivals along the way.
If, and it is a big if, we can maintain this form, and stay injury free,we have a great opportunity to make the play-offs and everyone would grab that right now.
Our rivals (IMO) are likely to be Leicester, Reading, Wigan, Forest, Watford and Blackpool.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

From the Burnley Board on 21:43 - Oct 21 with 5532 viewssimonqpr

From the Burnley Board on 20:28 - Oct 21 by Pommyhoop

At least 2 of their posters showed some sence..
posts 18 and 19.

wills_claret
Liked: 15 times in 12 posts
Hall of Fame
9 year member
Posted 21 Oct 2013 12:39
I think the OP in the QPR thread has it bang on to be honest. They've hardly played well by all accounts but are right up there with a game in hand on us. Next week will be a tough game for them, and I hope we win of course - but it means nothing in terms of a 'title 6 pointer'. If we go up automatically it will be perhaps the greatest achievement of any manager I've seen in my lifetime.

We've got a good crack of reaching the playoffs after this start, and I would be delighted at that. It really does depend on injuries, and whether our first eleven can sustain this form over a full season. Tough ask. But the title? No, it's simply fact that we aren't a rival for QPR whether you like it or not. And if anyone wants to have a bet with me that we're still with them by March, step up!! I'm not being negative, just realistic; the gap in quality between the two teams is fairly vast.

topcat69
User is Online
Liked: 2 times in 2 posts
Hall of Fame
5 year member
Posted 21 Oct 2013 13:00
QPR will win the league.
Harry will be allowed to spend in January, and money does talk.
I know it is not all about money but they will get there and hopefully at a canter as it will mean beating our genuine rivals along the way.
If, and it is a big if, we can maintain this form, and stay injury free,we have a great opportunity to make the play-offs and everyone would grab that right now.
Our rivals (IMO) are likely to be Leicester, Reading, Wigan, Forest, Watford and Blackpool.

with one of the Burnley post he gave a list of players money bags QPR have bought but out of the 5 listed only Austin was bought for a fee, Green - free, Barton - free, Dunne - free, Simpson - free, I know they haven't come to us for nothing and are on great wages but the facts are this season at least Harry has done some great business. and I think some don't realise that we have lost nearly 20 players from last season and only got 10 players in. anyway Burnley have surprised me so far this season and good luck to them, but we have played 10 games so far and personally I think we still have a couple of gears in our locker and I cant wait for us to go up the gears and show this league what we are all about.
From the Burnley Board on 21:58 - Oct 21 with 5477 viewseghamranger

Imho Ings and Vokes will trouble Dunne and Hill on sat, they are playing well, scoring and at home.

Will be pleased with a point

Danny rumoured to be out too
From the Burnley Board on 22:02 - Oct 21 with 5459 viewsderbyhoop

The moneybags prefix isn't wholly deserved, but it's going to be a hard one to shake off. This year we spent £12.5m on Samba and recouped most of it; £8m on Remy and have already got back£2m for a player who, technically, is still ours; 500K on Henry; £4m on Austin and similar on Phillips. Most clubs in the championship could not afford to spend anything like the cost of the latter two. But, for the next 3 seasons, unless we go up, we are protected by parachute payments. However, they do distort the market.

What most people outside the fanbase don't appreciate is the massive clearout undertaken in the Summer. They see players like Dunne, Barton, BAE, Krancjar and Austin, who are PL standard players.

Good luck to Burnley for doing so well on a much smaller budget. I'm sure they are as surprised as anybody. It should be a cracking match on Saturday and I hope we are the ones to stop them in their tracks. By contrast, they'll be hopping to inflict our first League defeat.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

From the Burnley Board on 00:23 - Oct 22 with 5260 viewsSeth_Gecko

Didn't bother reading after the "I don't even consider them a real football club" comment.

F*cking mong.

Anyway, I will be very surprised if we don't go to Burnley and lose by at least 2 goals.

Yes we are second in the league and yes we are unbeaten, however it still does concern me that all but two of the teams we've played are in the bottom half and apart from Boro, I wouldn't say we have 'confidently' beaten anyone this season.

Simpson possibly missing Saturday is also a concern, especially with Onuoha out as well. Not sure which thread it was, but agree with us trying this Chevanton alongside Austin, hopefully take a bit of pressure off him.

As for the title-rivals suggestion. There's 5 or 6 teams that could easily have a good bit of form and be up there come the end of the season.

Everybody be cool, you be cool...

From the Burnley Board on 00:48 - Oct 22 with 5229 viewsPunteR

An assessment from another football club , so what!. still early in the season. I dont belive the therory that we have had it easy,we helped put those clubs in the bottom 10.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

From the Burnley Board on 08:33 - Oct 22 with 5088 viewsstonebridgers

""Can't see QPR not being a rival for the title.
Harry and big money should see them do well.
But I made a comment previously on one thread saying QPR are no Man Utd and we hope to be playing them (and matching them) next year so QPR shouldn't be a concern.""

The first 2 lines you could agree with and I can also agree with the rest to an extent. Yes we are No Man Utd We dont have a diving little sh*t playing for us but do you think he is confident that Burnley will be promoted or that Moyles is struggling so much with United that they will be playing Championship football next year.

I think this post should be bookmarked and a return to the Burnley messageboard arranged for May.

Stonebridgers

From the Burnley Board on 09:17 - Oct 22 with 5021 viewssmegma

I think its weird our fans go on a burnley site in the first place then get upset when they don't fornicate over QPR. What did you expect ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024