Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know we didn't win but............. 14:15 - Feb 1 with 2877 viewskropotkin41

I think that might have been one of the most if not the most balanced performances of ours that I've watched all season.

It looked bad when we conceded the third, but against my pessimistic expectations we came back......... overall that game has left me feeling quite positive.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

I know we didn't win but............. on 14:22 - Feb 1 with 2166 viewsTheBlob

Fair result.Was pleased with the debut boys.Uncharacteristic mistakes letting you down from established players you can't legislate for.Need to beef things up in midfield for physical and organised sides like this.The amount of times they got three against one in midfield,double quick time......
Good point in the end.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

I know we didn't win but............. on 14:40 - Feb 1 with 2070 viewsisawqpratwcity

A fair draw. Delighted that we got three, AND the scorers.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

I know we didn't win but............. on 14:47 - Feb 1 with 2031 viewsTHEBUSH

Overall we were too open today, didn't play tight enough, but was really pleased we managed to salvage a point.
Simpson is a big miss for us, Onouha is not a right back.
I know we didn't win but............. on 15:04 - Feb 1 with 1951 viewsShotKneesHoop

I know we didn't win but............. on 14:47 - Feb 1 by THEBUSH

Overall we were too open today, didn't play tight enough, but was really pleased we managed to salvage a point.
Simpson is a big miss for us, Onouha is not a right back.

I thought it was a great game to watch, very even, both sides going for it.

Very impressed with Burnley, they worked hard for each other. We played some nice stuff, but it shows when we do, the cracks appear. Rather that than the usual mechanical stuff.

Ekottu got shown up big time for being far too casual. Thought that Triaore had some really good runs and crosses. Harry has got him right, he's no full back, but he's a good marauding left side midfielder.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2014 15:07]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

I know we didn't win but............. on 15:26 - Feb 1 with 1845 viewsNov77

a bit unlucky to concede 3 when the opposition only had 3 shots on target, good finishing but poor marking on our part.

Worrying our inability to beat teams in the top 8 or so (Ipswich aside).

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

I know we didn't win but............. on 15:28 - Feb 1 with 1834 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

First half was quite impressive. In the reverse fixture, a few months ago, their full back Trippier had been really dangerous. This time, he had his work cut out, keeping up with the speed & running of Traore (an inspired pick by Harry). Joey & Niko in the centre looked great & worked very hard. Barton surprised me with his ability to come back after a lay-off & be as physical as ever. Niko was putting in challenges & looked like a proper hard man (much to my astonishment). Doyle started & ended the first half well, but was quiet for a long spell in the middle.

At half time, Dyche earned his corn. He saw where his team's problems were & adjusted things accordingly. Traore wasn't half as effective in the second half. Joey & Niko were allowed much less possession. Vokes & Ings put more & more pressure on QPR's defensive line. In the end, a draw was probably a fair result.

A few bits of comic-cuts defending from Benoit; a lovely strike from Dunne; some fabulous corners and one beautiful free kick from Niko, which Clint Hill's head missed by inches!

Thoroughly enjoyable game between two decent teams.
I know we didn't win but............. on 15:30 - Feb 1 with 1819 viewsMonahoop

I know we didn't win but............. on 15:04 - Feb 1 by ShotKneesHoop

Very impressed with Burnley, they worked hard for each other. We played some nice stuff, but it shows when we do, the cracks appear. Rather that than the usual mechanical stuff.

Ekottu got shown up big time for being far too casual. Thought that Triaore had some really good runs and crosses. Harry has got him right, he's no full back, but he's a good marauding left side midfielder.

Yes, agree with this, but I thought for 70% of the second half we were poor giving away possession too cheaply and Ekottu having a nightmare, his casualness almost costing us at the very end. Very pleased for Doyle, who I thought had a great first half but didn't receive the service in the second, but encouraging signs for him. With hindsight a draw was an acceptable result especially as Burnley faded when our third went in but for long periods in the second 45, I really thought we had thrown it all away.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

I know we didn't win but............. on 15:33 - Feb 1 with 1803 viewsPinnerPaul

Good entertaining game and, especially first half, we played at a much better pace today.

To be fair, and Sean Dyce has said this ,our 3 goals could have been prevented as well as their 3, poor marking at 2 corners and weak tackles allowing JH free.

Those of you who have bemoaned the lack of entertainment certainly got it today.

I was actually sitting there moaning about bringing on Maiga, as we seemed to go long after he came on, so to me the much maligned BZ might have been better , can't argue with the equaliser though!

Burnley look strong, especially playing that way on the break.

Once again though, a team come to us out of form, 1 win in 6 v Yeovil and look world beaters.

My MOTM was Joey Barton btw
Login to get fewer ads

I know we didn't win but............. on 15:50 - Feb 1 with 1738 viewsINFIRMARY

Burnley are a in form decent side , other teams playing against us today in the league would have been destroyed

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

I know we didn't win but............. on 15:53 - Feb 1 with 1714 viewsRangersAreBack

I know we didn't win but............. on 15:50 - Feb 1 by INFIRMARY

Burnley are a in form decent side , other teams playing against us today in the league would have been destroyed

Not necessarily, Burnley's record on the road is quite average.
I know we didn't win but............. on 15:55 - Feb 1 with 1703 viewsRangersAreBack

Decent enough first half though I remain concerned at our inability to create clear chances from open play.

Dyche got his tactics spot on at half time, asking his forwards to play off the full backs in combo with the wide men. Essou-Akotto and Onuoha were both ruthlessly exposed.
I know we didn't win but............. on 15:58 - Feb 1 with 1684 viewsbaz_qpr

harsh on the centre halfs to accuse them of lose marking certainly the last two goals were the fault of a) Hoilett in failing to do his defensive duty jogging back and allowing the cross to come in from the right, and Benny for misjudging the ball going out of play, when he should have just lambed it.

Really impressed with Doyle and with Traore at left wing. Barton MOTN for me
I know we didn't win but............. on 15:59 - Feb 1 with 1680 viewskomradkirk

im usually Mr Brightside but im not sure about us after today,defence I thought was brutal and giving the ball away too easily everywhere else...but good debut from Doyler and came back for an equaliser late on so not all bad.
maybe im still a bit shocked about losing Charlie.

COYRS
[Post edited 1 Feb 2014 16:02]
I know we didn't win but............. on 16:06 - Feb 1 with 1621 viewsTW_R

I know we didn't win but............. on 15:53 - Feb 1 by RangersAreBack

What the f*ck are you on about? What do you class as "quite average"? They've got the 3rd best away record in the league, they've got a better away record than us and they've only lost 3 times all season. But other than that, they're "quite average"!

Maybe go and look up what the word "average" means.
I know we didn't win but............. on 16:12 - Feb 1 with 1596 viewsthemodfather

well that was topsy turvy
did green have a save to make cos i don't recall one??
ekotto nearly did for us proper, he had done this many times and made it look easy but he had time to clear it, kick it off for a throw, a corner...open a bistro and welcome regulars, but messed up for their 3rd...and whoever it was missed that near sitter for 2-4...HE SAVED OUR SEASON, i'd love to laugh in his face.
I know we didn't win but............. on 16:14 - Feb 1 with 1571 viewsNov77

I know we didn't win but............. on 15:58 - Feb 1 by baz_qpr

harsh on the centre halfs to accuse them of lose marking certainly the last two goals were the fault of a) Hoilett in failing to do his defensive duty jogging back and allowing the cross to come in from the right, and Benny for misjudging the ball going out of play, when he should have just lambed it.

Really impressed with Doyle and with Traore at left wing. Barton MOTN for me

how is it harsh? it's their job to mark those forwards.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

I know we didn't win but............. on 16:24 - Feb 1 with 1516 viewsstansleftfoot

we've played this side twice now and have been second best on both occasions, today's effort was compounded by two errors to give up a well earned lead.
There were further mistakes that luckily went unpunished. Today just shows how much luck plays a part in the game. I felt after the third Burnley goal went in I thought they would move up a gear and beat QPR convincingly.
Kevin Doyle has upped the standard of personal responsibility that our players should be showing. So to see BAE attempting to take the pxss and only get punished once, and to see Hoillet fail to cover Onouha bad positioning should provide Harry and Kevin Bond some ammunition for improvements....We should have stepped up a gear at 2-1 to go on to win the game. Could have conceded 3 or 4 goals in ten minutes....Nice to have options and competition on the bench. Get Hughes fit for the full back position, Onouha is not an adequate replacement at Full Back.
I know we didn't win but............. on 16:25 - Feb 1 with 1506 viewscalders

I know we didn't win but............. on 15:53 - Feb 1 by RangersAreBack

The burnley fans I spoke to after the game don't agree, they were saying how impressive away from home they have been and wish they could repeat them at home.
I know we didn't win but............. on 16:30 - Feb 1 with 1469 viewsMrSheen

We have to take Burnley seriously as promotion rivals now. The comfortable assumption was that they would be taken apart in the transfer window, but to their credit, they didn't let it happen. Hoilett had a really frustrating game, but that was in part due to the left back, Mee. I'd never heard of him, but he was excellent, as was Trippier on the other side. We were lucky not to lose in the end.
I know we didn't win but............. on 16:34 - Feb 1 with 1443 viewsizlingtonhoop

At last!
A good match.
I know we didn't win but............. on 16:45 - Feb 1 with 1391 viewsted_hendrix

Shame we didn't get the three points but they're you go, Assou-Ekotto has been threatening to do that all season.
Great game to watch if your a neutral though.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

I know we didn't win but............. on 16:52 - Feb 1 with 1356 viewsSpiritofGregory

I know we didn't win but............. on 15:04 - Feb 1 by ShotKneesHoop

Ekotto always has his casual moments and I guess that's why Spurs didn't want him back. Got the impression that their manager told the team to target our fullbacks. They were hounding Ekotto even Stanislas nearly scored at the end because yet again, Ekotto was being casual. Those hard players from Burley made minced meat out of the gloved one.
I know we didn't win but............. on 17:06 - Feb 1 with 1289 viewsBasingstokeR

If Leicester and or Burnley had the injuries we've had in their squads I'm not sure they'd have coped.

Burnley had 10 in that lineup that've played near every game.
I know we didn't win but............. on 17:09 - Feb 1 with 1256 viewsYorkRanger

I know we didn't win but............. on 16:45 - Feb 1 by ted_hendrix

Shame we didn't get the three points but they're you go, Assou-Ekotto has been threatening to do that all season.
Great game to watch if your a neutral though.

In the end I viewed it as a point gained. Burnley are a good side, and we keep our 3 point advantage over them.
I know we didn't win but............. on 17:19 - Feb 1 with 1225 viewsVancouverHoop

I missed this match – 4:00am in front of the computer is a bit of lottery at 65 – so I appreciate everyone's responses.

I guess I was fearing the worst, so, overall I'm relieved. The score was a bit of shock – six goals, in a QPR match? Can't be right. Mainly I'm glad two of the new strikers scored. Maybe goals won't be as hard to come by as we expected without CA.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024