Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those who followed The Specials... 00:05 - Feb 21 with 2209 viewsBrightonhoop

Horace Panter prints...... http://www.reubencolleyfinearts.com/artist/18/Horace-Panter/59/Pop-Art-Collectio
For those who followed The Specials... on 00:06 - Feb 21 with 2206 viewsBrightonhoop

...and no they don't sell fcking kitchens.
For those who followed The Specials... on 00:35 - Feb 21 with 2189 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

For those who followed The Specials... on 01:50 - Feb 21 with 2167 viewsPommyhoop

And little sister band..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

For those who followed The Specials... on 02:07 - Feb 21 with 2156 viewsFredManRave

A great doc from 35 years ago!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

For those who followed The Specials... on 09:23 - Feb 21 with 2068 viewssimmo

Bought my tickets this morning for their Roundhouse gig. It's not until Novemeber but I can't wait!

Always wanted to see them, won't have many more chances....

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

For those who followed The Specials... on 10:13 - Feb 21 with 2041 viewsMrSheen

Best live band I ever saw. They were third on the bill before their first single came out and I'd never heard of them. Lucky me, they were fantastic.
For those who followed The Specials... on 11:04 - Feb 21 with 2023 viewsTacticalR

For those who followed The Specials... on 10:13 - Feb 21 by MrSheen

Best live band I ever saw. They were third on the bill before their first single came out and I'd never heard of them. Lucky me, they were fantastic.

I would have loved to have seen them then.

Air hostess clique

For those who followed The Specials... on 11:43 - Feb 21 with 2004 viewsRedbourneR

All a matter of taste, I suppose. They were third on the bill supporting The Clash at the Music Machine in the days before they discovered two-tone, and I thought they were pish
Login to get fewer ads

For those who followed The Specials... on 11:51 - Feb 21 with 2001 viewsBlackCrowe

Just announced a couple of dates at The Roundhouse if anyone's interested. Saw them a couple of years ago and they were bloody excellent.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

For those who followed The Specials... on 11:54 - Feb 21 with 2000 viewsBrightonhoop

For those who followed The Specials... on 11:51 - Feb 21 by BlackCrowe

Just announced a couple of dates at The Roundhouse if anyone's interested. Saw them a couple of years ago and they were bloody excellent.

Brighton Dome too if you cant get tickets for Roundhouse. Saw the play Brunel in '79, God knows how we all got out alive....heady days.

For those who followed The Specials... on 12:52 - Feb 21 with 1958 viewsSydneyRs

Just a bit too young to see them in their heyday but have seen them play Sydney twice and they were bloody superb. One of the best bands I have seen and the songs still ring true today.
For those who followed The Specials... on 12:54 - Feb 21 with 1956 viewssimmo

For those who followed The Specials... on 11:51 - Feb 21 by BlackCrowe

That's the one I have tickets for. 5 of us so far, but I will probably bump into loads of people I know on the night.

I found out after I booked the tickets that my mum saw them when she was 18, I am 29 now, I wonder how many of todays bands will be able to span generations like that?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

For those who followed The Specials... on 13:00 - Feb 21 with 1946 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Incredible group. One of my very favourites.

Have had this in my head all morning:-

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

For those who followed The Specials... on 13:25 - Feb 21 with 1930 viewsloftboy

When I was a kid they played bracknell sports centre along with madness when madness were still a skinhead group and not a fun band, went down in the afternoon and stood behind the hall and heard them warming up and rehearsing, wasn't allowed to go to the concert, glad I didn't as hundreds of skins arrived from Slough and wrecked the place, the council banned any concerts after that. A skinhead who I went to school with turned up the following Monday with his face stoved in.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

For those who followed The Specials... on 14:34 - Feb 21 with 1887 viewsMrSheen

For those who followed The Specials... on 13:25 - Feb 21 by loftboy

When I was a kid they played bracknell sports centre along with madness when madness were still a skinhead group and not a fun band, went down in the afternoon and stood behind the hall and heard them warming up and rehearsing, wasn't allowed to go to the concert, glad I didn't as hundreds of skins arrived from Slough and wrecked the place, the council banned any concerts after that. A skinhead who I went to school with turned up the following Monday with his face stoved in.

Within a couple of months of me seeing them they had got to number 1, and if you were still able to get hold of a ticket it was often a war zone. There was a story of them getting beaten up on stage in Cambridge because there had been trouble between Cambridge United and Coventry City at a league cup game and the locals wanted revenge.

Madness were even worse at the time. Some kids from school went to see them in Camden and were relieved of their tickets by some skins at the tube station.

People talk about the country descending into the pits of hell now , but it strikes me that I grew up in a more violent era than my kids.
For those who followed The Specials... on 15:59 - Feb 21 with 1842 viewsRudeboy

loved The Specials still do and two tone at the time was a breath of fresh air but as with all music it came and went but ska will always be around unlike the crap you've got today!!

anyways i'm a huge QPR fan always read the posts on here but very rarely contribute to these discussions and the reading game was awful just hope we don't get turned over by charlton!!
For those who followed The Specials... on 16:08 - Feb 21 with 1830 viewsMonahoop

For those who followed The Specials... on 14:34 - Feb 21 by MrSheen

Within a couple of months of me seeing them they had got to number 1, and if you were still able to get hold of a ticket it was often a war zone. There was a story of them getting beaten up on stage in Cambridge because there had been trouble between Cambridge United and Coventry City at a league cup game and the locals wanted revenge.

Madness were even worse at the time. Some kids from school went to see them in Camden and were relieved of their tickets by some skins at the tube station.

People talk about the country descending into the pits of hell now , but it strikes me that I grew up in a more violent era than my kids.

I think music was quite tribal from the 50's through to the 80's, a bit like football. There were strong allegiances to genres as well as to certain bands.

I saw the Specials back in '81 with an ex girlfriend who was big into the Two Tone stuff. A great band and fantastic live, though they were never quite the same without Dammers.

I've been recently researching and listening to early Jamaican Ska and in particular checking out the great jazz/ska guitarist Ernest Ranglin who is rapidly becoming one of my favourite pickers.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

For those who followed The Specials... on 16:28 - Feb 21 with 1811 viewsTacticalR

I have to carry a knife
Because there's people threatening my life
I can't dress just the way I want
I'm being chased by the National Front

Concrete jungle, animals are after me
Concrete jungle, it ain't safe on the streets
Concrete jungle, glad I got my mates with me

Air hostess clique

For those who followed The Specials... on 18:28 - Feb 21 with 1767 viewsMrSheen

For those who followed The Specials... on 16:28 - Feb 21 by TacticalR

I have to carry a knife
Because there's people threatening my life
I can't dress just the way I want
I'm being chased by the National Front

Concrete jungle, animals are after me
Concrete jungle, it ain't safe on the streets
Concrete jungle, glad I got my mates with me

No mention of More Specials, or any of the songs on it, yet. I thought it was better than the first album. I still play it from time to time. Criminally underrated.
For those who followed The Specials... on 19:26 - Feb 21 with 1735 viewsBrightonhoop

For those who followed The Specials... on 18:28 - Feb 21 by MrSheen

No mention of More Specials, or any of the songs on it, yet. I thought it was better than the first album. I still play it from time to time. Criminally underrated.

For you Mr Sheen. You're not wrong.

For those who followed The Specials... on 21:39 - Feb 21 with 1692 viewsthemodfather

the whole scene was exciting.....the mod thing was still about and then 2 tone exploded on us and it was great.
i disliked the selecter but the specials, madness and my faves the beat really had it
none imo touched the jam but some fantastic tracks
i suppose chuck in bad manners for a few fun tunes and it's party time..."hey you...."
For those who followed The Specials... on 23:19 - Feb 21 with 1652 viewsstowmarketrange

For those who followed The Specials... on 09:23 - Feb 21 by simmo

Bought my tickets this morning for their Roundhouse gig. It's not until Novemeber but I can't wait!

Always wanted to see them, won't have many more chances....

I bought two also today for the Friday and then they add an extra date for the Saturday night so I bought them too.Luckily my mate will have the Friday ones.
For those who followed The Specials... on 01:10 - Feb 22 with 1624 viewsFredManRave

If it's great lyrics that still resonate 35 years later that you want;
I won't dance in a club like this,
All the girls are slags,
And the beer tastes just like piss,

And a top tune, to boot;

As for More Specials, maybe underrated but definitely not a patch on their first album, imo. Favourite track though;

And another shout out to The Beat, without doubt my favourite band of that era, had every single vinyl they released, all the imports and even a rare 12" white label of Save It For Later, plus l was a fully paid up member of their fan club. Did we really have to wait 3 months to get news updates?! Favourite track of theirs is a difficult choice but I'll go with the below from their first album;

and from their second;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

For those who followed The Specials... on 01:17 - Feb 22 with 1622 viewsPommyhoop

I forgot about The Beat.Great video.Cortina mark 3..Luv it !!!!!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

For those who followed The Specials... on 11:32 - Feb 22 with 1575 viewsconnell10

loved the specials nice and politcal , but i hated skinheads to many right wing thugs for my liking!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024