Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not In The Name of Religion 16:34 - Feb 26 with 5927 viewsexiled_dictator

The killers of Lee Rigby, Michael Adebolajo, and Michael Adebowale, are about to be sentenced.

What they did was un-Islamic.
This is not what we believe in, this is not what I believe in.
This is not what Islam is about.
This is not who we are, this is not what we do.

If they are sentenced to natural life + 1 day, it will be too little.

That is all.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Not In The Name of Religion on 16:45 - Feb 26 with 2390 viewsLambourn

Islam Is a brainwashed religion end of story. That is why we get these idiots behaving the way they do.
Not In The Name of Religion on 16:49 - Feb 26 with 2370 viewsJuzzie

Problem is, too many people commit attrocities in the name of one religion or another, even though it bears no relation to that religion, with the sole intent to create friction between various parties.

Then you have people like Choudry who claim to represent the same faith but refuse to codemn the killers.

It doesn't help when you get masses of people who get washed along with it all. People have got to stand up to these people and tell them 'enough!' and do something about. Drive them out.

I don't see it happening though, not in big enough numbers for it to have an effect so the 99.99% of the good, honest people are being tarnished with the extreme actions of the few.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2014 16:50]
Not In The Name of Religion on 16:53 - Feb 26 with 2324 viewsTacticalR

I am not sure religion really explains anything.

Everything is relative. Most religions have 'thou shalt not kill' as their first law, yet when it comes to war it is considered virtuous to kill as many people as possible. They even pin a bit of metal on your chest for it.

Air hostess clique

Not In The Name of Religion on 16:53 - Feb 26 with 2335 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Generally I'm all for the courts and justice system but in the case of these c*nts and all the others that spout bollox about religion and slagging our wonderful country off. Feck em I say. No time or respect for them.
Not In The Name of Religion on 16:59 - Feb 26 with 2291 viewsessextaxiboy

Lots of Islamists sympathise with their views even if they condemn their actions.
Not In The Name of Religion on 17:12 - Feb 26 with 2241 viewsTheBlob

It's all about religion.
The unedifying spectacle of fighting and dying over something for which there is not a jot of evidence.
Silly men with silly beards come down from a silly mountain after a silly chat with a silly imaginary being who handed down silly edicts to silly men with silly beards.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2014 17:32]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Not In The Name of Religion on 17:22 - Feb 26 with 2194 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not In The Name of Religion on 16:45 - Feb 26 by Lambourn

Islam Is a brainwashed religion end of story. That is why we get these idiots behaving the way they do.

No, it's not, Lamborn, it really sin't. And such sweeping generalisations allow Western politicians away with hate propoganda and war crimes.

Some followers of Islam are brainwashed, you're definitely right there. But I was brought up Catholic, and I'm telling you - there's some loopers in that religon, too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Not In The Name of Religion on 17:25 - Feb 26 with 2189 viewsJigsore

Unfortunately things like this are because of a dark part of the human psyche. Any goal, any good intention can be twisted by those few who will ill and harm upon others.

Wanting to impress... wanting to be part of a group... it can lead people to do terrible terrible things in the name of a cause but they're misguided. They do it because they're selfish and to make others like them.

They talk about the greater good but they don't even know the common good. The best you can hope for is that one day these people truly repent because if they realise what they actually did and why then that's a hell of a lot worse than any punishment we could give them

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

Not In The Name of Religion on 17:31 - Feb 26 with 2175 viewsTheBlob

Not In The Name of Religion on 17:22 - Feb 26 by BrianMcCarthy

No, it's not, Lamborn, it really sin't. And such sweeping generalisations allow Western politicians away with hate propoganda and war crimes.

Some followers of Islam are brainwashed, you're definitely right there. But I was brought up Catholic, and I'm telling you - there's some loopers in that religon, too.

Catholic loopers?Yeah and I seem to have attracted every one of the f*ckers when I was a kid who put me through hell.
I wish someone would invent time travel and I could go back and exact revenge.Probably these nutters are long dead but it don't ease the pain,all I can hope for is they died in agony.
F*ck religion.A blight on the progress of Humanity.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Not In The Name of Religion on 17:40 - Feb 26 with 2156 viewsSonofNorfolt

It's quite comforting that three quarters of the World's basic beliefs stem from books written over one thousand years ago. Before the introduction of the internal combustion engine, peek-a-boo bra and the offside rule.

Churches, mosques, synagogues, mandirs and viharas. Burn them all to the ground. They are there without any factual basis.
Complete and utter load of shiit.

Extract taken from my forthcoming book,'Priests, vicars, imams, rabbis etc are all kunts.'
Not In The Name of Religion on 17:44 - Feb 26 with 2135 viewsJuzzie

Not In The Name of Religion on 17:31 - Feb 26 by TheBlob

Catholic loopers?Yeah and I seem to have attracted every one of the f*ckers when I was a kid who put me through hell.
I wish someone would invent time travel and I could go back and exact revenge.Probably these nutters are long dead but it don't ease the pain,all I can hope for is they died in agony.
F*ck religion.A blight on the progress of Humanity.

I remember being a young wide eyed 7 year old at Primary School in Paddington (circa 1974) and being asked by the 'lad' of the class whether I was Catholic or Protestant. I hadn't a clue, really had no idea whatsoever what it all meant. He could have asked me if I was Hindu or Sikh.

So, it was a 50/50 choice so I said Protestant not really knowing anything. It turned out his parents were Irish and he was Catholic. He hated me ever since then, my only saving grace was he was a QPR fan too.

SEVEN years old ffs.

From that moment on I hated religion, the whole fking lot of it.
Not In The Name of Religion on 17:51 - Feb 26 with 2107 viewsBklynRanger

@ Norfolt - A salient point.

The food is good though. That may come across as flippant but I mean it - all that Middle Eastern stuff. As long as I can bring my own bottle - live and let live I say.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2014 18:07]
Not In The Name of Religion on 18:00 - Feb 26 with 2081 viewsJuzzie

Another example... a few years ago a couple of people knocked on my door one Sunday lunchtime (I was expecting a neighbour otherwise I'd have ignored it) and started going off on one.
Normally I'd politely smile and say 'no thank you' and close the door but one of them said something that realy rankled with me.

They said that religion was the ONLY way to bring up children properly.

I was seething. I very strongly told them I was extremely insulted by their insinuation. They had insulted my parents and grand parents who had brought up their children and my brother and I perfectly well. What, so people cannot be brought up properly WITHOUT religion?? I told them I'd rather be brought up the way I was than brain-washed from an early age. He spluttered and had no answer, no answer at all. They left.

My brother and I were brought up on purpose without the shadow of religion, the idea being when we were old enough to understand we could make up our own minds. As said above, when I saw the hatred and divison it had already caused as a 7 year old I already knew something was badly wrong.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2014 18:03]
Not In The Name of Religion on 18:10 - Feb 26 with 2036 viewsMonahoop

Religion of course has seeped into football. Celtic and Rangers, Hibs and Hearts, even Liverpool and Everton are amongst the better known clubs with a traditional religous background, though the scouse clubs are less fanatical religously now as they were I believe many years ago.
I remember many moons ago an old fella in a pub near Shepherds Bush, telling me that QPR had strong Catholic connections hence a once healthy Irish following and that Chelsea down the road were viewed as ugly Prods. Not sure how true all this was, but I do know that an element of Chelsea fans had an affinity with Glasgow Rangers and often sang anti Catholic/Irish ditties on the terraces.
Whatever, I despise all that religous, bigoted nonsense in football and in sport in general.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Not In The Name of Religion on 18:15 - Feb 26 with 2020 viewsR_from_afar

Carling don't do generalisations but if they did, they would be rather like the one you just made. Tsk....

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Not In The Name of Religion on 18:32 - Feb 26 with 1983 viewsMatch82

Not In The Name of Religion on 16:49 - Feb 26 by Juzzie

Problem is, too many people commit attrocities in the name of one religion or another, even though it bears no relation to that religion, with the sole intent to create friction between various parties.

Then you have people like Choudry who claim to represent the same faith but refuse to codemn the killers.

It doesn't help when you get masses of people who get washed along with it all. People have got to stand up to these people and tell them 'enough!' and do something about. Drive them out.

I don't see it happening though, not in big enough numbers for it to have an effect so the 99.99% of the good, honest people are being tarnished with the extreme actions of the few.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2014 16:50]

"Problem is, too many people commit attrocities in the name of one religion or another, even though it bears no relation to that religion, with the sole intent to create friction between various parties."

Interesting parallel here with the other thread on the stabbings. To a far lesser degree obviously, but how many hooligans have absolutely no real interest in the club a person supports, but are merely using it as an excuse to create trouble?

I may be in the minority here, but I've never really understood the level of hatred towards fans of other clubs. Do it make my day a little better if Chelsea lose? Yes, of course. Would I refuse to be friends with someone who supported Chelsea? No, absolutely not. It doesn't make them any worse as a person (although it shows poor judgement!), just means that I wouldn't go and watch a QPR (or Chelsea) game with them in the pub.

Edit: Sorry, I realize I went a bit off topic here
[Post edited 26 Feb 2014 18:32]
Not In The Name of Religion on 18:54 - Feb 26 with 1933 viewsHollowayRanger

still say the police should have put them down like the dogs they are and saved US a fortune

going to cost us millions housing these piceces of scum ,and they will cause no end of trouble inside ,and appeal after appeal and im sure look to sue us for anything/everything

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Not In The Name of Religion on 19:45 - Feb 26 with 1857 viewsTHEBUSH

The problem with religion, is that it stops people thinking rationally.

Religion teaches you, what to think, what to eat, how to live your life, how you should have sex, what to wear, do I need to go on !!
Not In The Name of Religion on 20:25 - Feb 26 with 1800 viewsLambourn

Not In The Name of Religion on 17:22 - Feb 26 by BrianMcCarthy

and plenty of nonces to dont forget.
Not In The Name of Religion on 20:41 - Feb 26 with 1772 viewsHayesender

I was watching Al Jazeera uk earlier, and they were arguing the toss on halal and kosher meat and the most humane way to kill an animal.

The muslim guy was convinced the halal way of killing was the most humane way because it is written in some book of fiction.

Religious people are fecking mental, the lot of em

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Not In The Name of Religion on 21:28 - Feb 26 with 1699 viewsShotKneesHoop

Not In The Name of Religion on 18:10 - Feb 26 by Monahoop

Religion of course has seeped into football. Celtic and Rangers, Hibs and Hearts, even Liverpool and Everton are amongst the better known clubs with a traditional religous background, though the scouse clubs are less fanatical religously now as they were I believe many years ago.
I remember many moons ago an old fella in a pub near Shepherds Bush, telling me that QPR had strong Catholic connections hence a once healthy Irish following and that Chelsea down the road were viewed as ugly Prods. Not sure how true all this was, but I do know that an element of Chelsea fans had an affinity with Glasgow Rangers and often sang anti Catholic/Irish ditties on the terraces.
Whatever, I despise all that religous, bigoted nonsense in football and in sport in general.

I've not seen any religious leanings at QPR, hardly any flags or racist chants. Whatever we get involved with, regardless of praying to any god, we still manage to phook it up royally.

Religion and politics should have nothing to do with sport. Sport is the one creed that should bind people together. QPR fans have demonstrated this with a hatred of all the mercenary nonces that have played and are still playing for "this lovely little club" as Ray "mine's a bottle of scotch' Wilkins used to say.

QPR is a secular club that preaches that ethos, so I reckon that I've followed the right club for the last fifty "very odd" years.

Sport imitates life. Just when you think you're ahead of the game, some bustard comes out of the blue -and shits on your parade. Put your money on us scraping into seventh position this year. You just know it will happen. It's so QPR. Praying to any god won't help.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2014 21:29]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Not In The Name of Religion on 21:48 - Feb 26 with 1655 viewsMrSheen

To be fair, the Grand Slam of murdering bastards of the the last 100 years, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and the Kim family, were all atheists, so irrational violence isn't exclusive to the religious.

Me and Mrs Sheen are both firmly lapsed catholics, and have brought up our children without any religious influences in their education, sparing them the guilt, pretence and friction we experienced growing up. My one regret is that they are completely ignorant of the religious underpinning of so much of our cultural traditions. Don't demolish those churches, mosques, synagogues, etc! Where else would I go on holiday until the bars open?
Not In The Name of Religion on 22:47 - Feb 26 with 1581 viewsToast_R

It's human nature to be part of something and without rational thought to follow everyone else and even in extreme cases to die trying to protect that safe haven you belong to.

Take us for example, if you met a Chelsea fan in the street you'd take an automatic disliking to him because he's not what you are and he's "one of them" If he said QPR are sh@t you'd probably stand up and argue that their not and aggressively point out why his team are the devil. It's all bollocks of course and a matter of opinion. Grown men will fight over it and even brainwash their children to do the same. How many on here when announcing their new born, start with the line "Another new R born today"? The child has no choice in who he supports and will no doubt do the same in years to come.

As I say, human nature, to seek sanctuary.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2014 22:49]
Not In The Name of Religion on 23:18 - Feb 26 with 1547 viewsderbyhoop

Even if you are not religious, and I guess that is most of us on here, listen to Thought For The Day on Radio 4. It doesn't matter which organised religious spokesman comes on the message is invariably moralistic.
All the major religions have philosophies that are broadly similar and encourage us to be good citizens that respect and tolerate others. Just because some crazed zealot commits a horrific act in the name of his/her chosen religion, it does not make it a part of that religion.
I'm no Islamic scholar but the OP was spot on.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Not In The Name of Religion on 23:44 - Feb 26 with 1525 viewsichbinnaughty

Absolutely offensive post/reply, defining you as no different to the crackpots who perpetrate atrocious crimes 'in the name of' any religion.
The ethos at the heart of Islam is as pure, worthy and admirable as the ethos at the heart of most religions as far as I'm aware.
It's the interpretation of religion that's the root cause of problems. ie the loonies.
For the record, I am not a religious person, but if a religion, any religion, gives someone the focus or support or crutch on which to lean, and live a peaceful, thoughtful and caring life then please crack on. Fine with me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024