Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rio F deal in doubt. 19:23 - Jul 2 with 9431 viewsWeaverQPR

TF having a rethink on wages. On Westlondonsport

@WeavQPR

Rio F deal in doubt. on 19:26 - Jul 2 with 5146 viewsTheBlob

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/fernandes-may-block-ferdinands-qpr-move-footb

Ooooooops.....bit of friction there.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Rio F deal in doubt. on 19:45 - Jul 2 with 5047 viewsandygg

Ahh, wouldnt that be a shame?
Rio F deal in doubt. on 19:52 - Jul 2 with 5010 viewsHunterhoop

Rio F deal in doubt. on 19:26 - Jul 2 by TheBlob

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/fernandes-may-block-ferdinands-qpr-move-footb

Ooooooops.....bit of friction there.

Good. He should stand up to Arry IF Arry is looking to do something which flies in the face of the agreed strategy.

Really, TF should have agreed the approach with HR and Beard as soon as the season finished. They should have given him parameters to work within and a budget and then left him to it. Hopefully that's what happened and this is a case if the board saying, no Arry, naughty Arry, not what we agreed.

If they're just jumping in and kyboshong things ad hoc, regardless of whether they're right, it'll spell disaster for the relationship between HR and the board.
Rio F deal in doubt. on 19:57 - Jul 2 with 4977 viewsbosh67

He is looking to get less than a third of his previous £200K a week. So he must be looking at about £60K a week.

I can see the scenario now.

Rio's agent: We are looking at about £60K a week.
Our negotiators: I'm sorry, that is ludicrous. Insane for a man in his mid 30s. How about £90K a week?
Rio's agent: No, are you trying to insult us? We said about £60K a week and not a penny more.
Our negotiators: Then we have a problem. How about £80K a week and a six year contract?
Rio's agent: Right, that's it, we're leaving.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rio F deal in doubt. on 20:00 - Jul 2 with 4956 viewsTacticalR

There have been a number of articles planted in the press stating that Ferdinand is going to be taking a 'massive pay cut' to come to QPR (how you can take a pay cut when you don't have a contract is not explained). I for one salute his readiness to perform this kind of charitable work at a modest price, my only hope being that such work will not be allowed to interfere with his burgeoning media career.
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-legend-rio-ferdinand-

Air hostess clique

Rio F deal in doubt. on 20:04 - Jul 2 with 4930 viewsHunterhoop

Rio F deal in doubt. on 20:00 - Jul 2 by TacticalR

There have been a number of articles planted in the press stating that Ferdinand is going to be taking a 'massive pay cut' to come to QPR (how you can take a pay cut when you don't have a contract is not explained). I for one salute his readiness to perform this kind of charitable work at a modest price, my only hope being that such work will not be allowed to interfere with his burgeoning media career.
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-legend-rio-ferdinand-

Maybe he's giving us money! That would be a pay cut on a salary of sweet FA.
Rio F deal in doubt. on 20:47 - Jul 2 with 4728 viewsLoft1979

Rio F deal in doubt. on 20:04 - Jul 2 by Hunterhoop

Maybe he's giving us money! That would be a pay cut on a salary of sweet FA.

Clint, where are you on this?
Please usurp this situation and bring resolution.
Rio F deal in doubt. on 20:53 - Jul 2 with 4701 viewsHooparoo

I'm really in two minds about Rio. Certainly getting too old but he's obviously a winner and with the family connections we know he has he could be good to have around.

Glad I don't have to make the call on this one.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Login to get fewer ads

Rio F deal in doubt. on 20:55 - Jul 2 with 4687 viewsLoft1979

Rio F deal in doubt. on 20:53 - Jul 2 by Hooparoo

I'm really in two minds about Rio. Certainly getting too old but he's obviously a winner and with the family connections we know he has he could be good to have around.

My feelings too.
Rio F deal in doubt. on 21:11 - Jul 2 with 4609 viewsHollowayRanger

if we didn't already have dunne and hill id say yes but 3 old boys is one too many

we need caulkin!!!!!! or what ever his name Is or some other under 30 quality centreback

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Rio F deal in doubt. on 21:11 - Jul 2 with 4610 viewsShotKneesHoop

“He would be a fantastic free transfer for somebody,” Redknapp said.

“He’s a fantastic player and still has a lot to offer. He’s had his injuries and it’s whether he stays fit. If he fit’s he’s a top, top player.”

FMOB. Has all the makings of another disaster, makes no sense.

Now we are back in the Premier, try a different tack. Why should we be the Sargasso Sea Pension Fund for knackered players.

Tone, just say - no. It's called being the boss.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:11 - Jul 2 with 4608 viewsShotKneesHoop

See above. (computer went on the spin).
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 21:21]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Rio F deal in doubt. on 21:18 - Jul 2 with 4566 viewsdaveB

Difficult one as Harry would say.

If you look at Redknapp at Portsmouth he always signed experienced players and got something out of them from Merson to Sherringham to Sol Campbell and many more. He seems to be trying to do similar with us last year with Dunne, O'Neiil etc

That can bring short term results and with the money on offer staying in the prem with short term results isn't the worst plan in the world but I would like to see us go for players not necessarily young but who see QPR as a step up and are excited to join us. I've always liked Rio Ferdinand and think he could add real quality and help bring on some younger players like a Lascelles but coming to QPR will be a massive step down for him.

I think if we've given Redknapp a budget it should be up to him who we sign within reason and Ferdinand on sensible wages would be a good addition imo.

It's a dangerous road to go down if the owner starts saying who we should and shouldn't buy. In this instance Fernandes may well be right but going forward he might force through a signing who turns out to be crap, then who gets the blame?
Rio F deal in doubt. on 21:20 - Jul 2 with 4550 viewsBklynRanger

I was thinking it was getting close to that point in the summer. Let the media circus fueled battle of wills begin!
Rio F deal in doubt. on 21:47 - Jul 2 with 4430 viewsRangerJim

Maybe we've agreed a couple of deals for Caulker and Williams and we dont need Rio.

Or Lascelles?

Maybe the mirror story is bowlocks

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rio-ferdinands-qpr-transfer

Like Tone says... lessons have been learned. Something will happen soon
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 21:50]
Rio F deal in doubt. on 22:11 - Jul 2 with 4327 viewsbatmanhoop

rather go for Micah Richards, partnership with Ned would be awesome
Rio F deal in doubt. on 22:27 - Jul 2 with 4265 viewsGloryHunter

Offer him a grand a week (which is three times what I earn) and see how keen is is to join the QPR project then.

Interesting to look at ManU message boards on the subject of Rio. They have a cute nickname for him - FGT (Floppy-Gobbed Tosser).
Rio F deal in doubt. on 22:28 - Jul 2 with 4259 viewsderbyhoop

According to a Manure fan, they looked better when he played.
Against - he's 35 and stepping down a level. For - Could be good for us if he has the right level of motivation.

Depends on the deal.
12 months only, low basic (by PL standards) but bonus for, say, 25 appearances and another bonus for staying up. If he wants the money up front, walk away.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Rio F deal in doubt. on 22:52 - Jul 2 with 4168 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rio F deal in doubt. on 21:11 - Jul 2 by HollowayRanger

if we didn't already have dunne and hill id say yes but 3 old boys is one too many

we need caulkin!!!!!! or what ever his name Is or some other under 30 quality centreback

"we need caulkin!!!!!!"

Macauley? From 'Home Alone'?

He can't be that young either, anymore.

Plus he'd be $hite for away games. You'd be in the tunnel, and there'd be no sign of Macauley again.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rio F deal in doubt. on 22:58 - Jul 2 with 4143 viewseghamranger

He will come. Has done the deal and moved down already. Near bbc for his media work and family. Doesn't need the money

Need Caulker more. His family are from Feltham and is an old Harry boy, so I'm confident on that one 😄
Rio F deal in doubt. on 23:23 - Jul 2 with 4078 viewsCiderwithRsie

Rio F deal in doubt. on 20:53 - Jul 2 by Hooparoo

It would allow us to complete our collection of Ferdinands.

If we can get Paul Allen to come out of retirement we could finally complete our collection of Allens too. He'd probably be available at less than 90k per week.
Rio F deal in doubt. on 23:47 - Jul 2 with 4032 viewsGloryHunter

Rio F deal in doubt. on 23:23 - Jul 2 by CiderwithRsie

It would allow us to complete our collection of Ferdinands.

If we can get Paul Allen to come out of retirement we could finally complete our collection of Allens too. He'd probably be available at less than 90k per week.

Has there ever been an Alan Allen? Or a Ferdinand Ferdinand?
Rio F deal in doubt. on 00:37 - Jul 3 with 3950 viewsTacticalR

There's also the issue of whether or not the executive boxes are spacious enough to hold his entourage of WAGs. If not costly building work will have to be undertaken and season-ticket holders moved.

Air hostess clique

Rio F deal in doubt. on 01:33 - Jul 3 with 3905 viewsRangersAreBack

With any luck TF will "mirk" Rio.
Rio F deal in doubt. on 02:01 - Jul 3 with 3893 viewstimcocking

It's a tough call.

Personally, i think Rio would be a good signing for a year, but he ticks every box we all agree we don't want, so i can't blame Tony for having some reservations.

That said, take each signing on it's merits, and i think Rio and the Chief (or better still imo, Rio and Stephen Caulker) would be a good partnership.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024