Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays Goals. 21:03 - Sep 12 with 1929 viewsFredManRave

Who'd be a goalkeeper? All three at fault for the 3 goals!

[Post edited 12 Sep 2015 22:15]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Todays Goals. on 23:10 - Sep 12 with 1833 viewsisawqpratwcity

Thanks for posting that.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Todays Goals. on 23:57 - Sep 12 with 1772 viewsWilloW4

Er, a bloke in the prem/championship who earns a huge amount of money for trying to stop /catch / kick a round piece of leather/ harden plastic ball for a living... I've done tougher jobs.!
Todays Goals. on 00:21 - Sep 13 with 1751 viewsHollowayRanger

3 keepers 4 mistakes

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Todays Goals. on 07:08 - Sep 13 with 1662 viewsparker64

That's even worse now I've seen it. He was trying to tee up to volley it out! What an utter plum.
Todays Goals. on 11:47 - Sep 13 with 1522 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Konchesky dropped a bôllock for their second, a very air fairy attempt at a header running in from the left to loll around in the centre circle. Ball sailed over him and left the vacuous space behind him open for the scum barstards to stroll right through.

I. Am. Gutted.
Todays Goals. on 08:36 - Sep 14 with 1435 viewssimmo

Whilst it still has to go down as an error, the Forest 2nd did take a deflection as it was hit - without that it's going straight at Smithies. Neess to have a big few games though

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Todays Goals. on 15:56 - Sep 14 with 1368 viewsPinnerPaul

Won't be the first or last GK mistakes you'll see.

Palace fan I know bemoaning McCarthy for City's goal for example.

As I've said before all goals preventable to a greater or lesser degree, there's always someone to blame!
Todays Goals. on 16:01 - Sep 14 with 1360 viewsLblock

Didn't realise their 2nd got a deflection off Ned -- makes Smithers slightly less culpable but I still think he could've done better

Blimey Ned was shocking like 9 others though

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Todays Goals. on 16:09 - Sep 14 with 1356 viewsfrancisbowles

Todays Goals. on 08:36 - Sep 14 by simmo

Whilst it still has to go down as an error, the Forest 2nd did take a deflection as it was hit - without that it's going straight at Smithies. Neess to have a big few games though

I was beginning to think I was seeing things. Yep it took a deflecton which made it at least a little more difficult to stop.

Let's give Smithies the benefit of the doubt and get behind him. He was, and probably will be ,nervous which will only be made worse if he hears groans and negative comments.
Todays Goals. on 17:15 - Sep 14 with 1313 viewsWatford_Ranger

Seems like a big % of our goals, for and against, are results of awful goalkeeping.

Of those scored:
v Forest
one v Rotherham
two v Wolves

Plus the rather dodgy goal against Cardiff.

Would it be fair to say we've been a bit lucky thus far?
Todays Goals. on 17:28 - Sep 14 with 1297 viewssimmo

Todays Goals. on 17:15 - Sep 14 by Watford_Ranger

Seems like a big % of our goals, for and against, are results of awful goalkeeping.

Of those scored:
v Forest
one v Rotherham
two v Wolves

There's an element, but I think you make your own. Ramsey and the players have spoken about being given shooting targets - 5 shots in the game for Chery, 10 attempts from Phillips, etc. It's that kind of mentality of trying to take the chances as they come that will often yield results. In other circumstances Charlie and Matt might have thought that shooting from 25 yards would be unlikely to get anything, but with their targets in mind they went for it and it worked.

Fair to say though, Charlie is liking the quality of opposition in this league - he's naile don for 25+ goals at this rate.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Todays Goals. on 09:43 - Sep 15 with 1198 viewsPinnerPaul

Todays Goals. on 17:15 - Sep 14 by Watford_Ranger

Of those scored:
v Forest
one v Rotherham
two v Wolves

By that token Green was "unlucky"?

He wasn't - its bad play, like the goals we've scored due to GK errors.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024