Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long 15:34 - Oct 18 with 5935 viewsLblock

Until the chants of "You don't know what you're doing" turn into "Said we want Ramsey out" I wonder?

I actually think the next goal scored in W12 could be as pivotal as the next two results
The sad thing is it'll lead to venom between fans which nobody wants to see

#deadsmilingmanwalking

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

How long on 15:36 - Oct 18 with 3480 viewsdaveB

why wait for a goal to be scored, just storm the pitch with flaming torches to get your own way
How long on 15:39 - Oct 18 with 3460 viewsWatford_Ranger

I thought "you don't know what you're doing" was quite restrained considering the substitutions.
How long on 18:44 - Oct 18 with 3247 viewsLadbrokeR

How long on 15:39 - Oct 18 by Watford_Ranger

I thought "you don't know what you're doing" was quite restrained considering the substitutions.

If we don't get a win in our next 2 Brenford will be the game. Again a Friday night local derby after a few drinks.
How long on 18:51 - Oct 18 with 3230 viewsPommyhoop

How long on 15:36 - Oct 18 by daveB

why wait for a goal to be scored, just storm the pitch with flaming torches to get your own way

Yep ,might as well wait at the team's entrance and give CR a welcome that Chelsea got .
Why waste time waiting for goals and results. Its inevitable what will happen even if the dopey smilie c'nt manages to sneak us promotion.(with or without Colin or anyone else's help)
#facedontfit
[Post edited 18 Oct 2015 18:53]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

How long on 19:32 - Oct 18 with 3121 viewsessextaxiboy

I had to move to an empty seat a couple of games ago .

The pearls of wisdom coming from the Football Manager 2015 superstars around me just got too much.
How long on 19:48 - Oct 18 with 3086 viewsderbyhoop

How long on 15:39 - Oct 18 by Watford_Ranger

Perhaps all those who were shouting that plus the keyboard warriors might suggest alternatives.

Stand by for 20 different options.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

How long on 19:57 - Oct 18 with 3055 viewsessextaxiboy

How long on 19:48 - Oct 18 by derbyhoop

Perhaps all those who were shouting that plus the keyboard warriors might suggest alternatives.

We normally get RAMSEEE /HUUUUUGHES/ REDKNAPPPP, (perm any one from 3 ) SORT IT OWWWTT YOOO FUGGIN MELLLT . YORRR NOT A FOOTBALL MANAGER ....DOOO SUMFINK .
How long on 19:59 - Oct 18 with 3051 viewsNW10Hoop

I wanted CR to get the job full time when he was given it - he seemed to make improvements to the way we had been playing under HR and got us our first away win of the season. I also didn't want us to just get another old overpaid face from the managerial merry go round. Promoting someone from within, someone who realised what a big opportunity he was getting seemed healthy given our recent form of hunting down quick fixes by throwing loads of cash at the problem.

I still think CR shouldn't have to fear for his job just yet, but it is becoming harder to argue the point. I certainly don't think the people calling for him to go are all trigger happy spoilt brats like they are often portrayed.

Consistently sticking with an out of form Karl Henry when Michael Doughty has looked good seems to go against the whole giving the youngsters a chance chat that we were fed at the end of last season. Loaning out the young understudies of both our out of sorts full backs also seems a little off message.

Players that initially seemed to improve under Ramsey have dipped too. Loungo seems to have lost his place to Fer a little too quickly - for me Luongo is a key player even if he has dips of form throughout the season

Even if everyone was still going by expectations before we kept Ausin and Phillips, it's hard to see much progress in this "work in progress" season. I felt we were seeing positive changes before the transfer window closed, but ever since then it's been non stop individual errors, fear on the ball, and sticking with old pros no matter how badly they are performing. It feels like Chris Ramsey is stuck between moving the club forward and a massive fear of failure that keeps him making (to my mind) slightly bizarre conservative decisions

Chris, mate. If you're gonna get the sack anyways, why not really do you want to do. If you can't get the big guns firing us to where we should be (on paper at least) lets get tonked playing expansive but naive football getting the new signings and youngsters up to speed.

At the minute it's a case of seeing the line up before a game, thinking they should have enough about them to get the win and then being let down
[Post edited 18 Oct 2015 20:14]
Login to get fewer ads

How long on 20:02 - Oct 18 with 3040 viewsingeminate

How long on 19:59 - Oct 18 by NW10Hoop

I wanted CR to get the job full time when he was given it - he seemed to make improvements to the way we had been playing under HR and got us our first away win of the season. I also didn't want us to just get another old overpaid face from the managerial merry go round. Promoting someone from within, someone who realised what a big opportunity he was getting seemed healthy given our recent form of hunting down quick fixes by throwing loads of cash at the problem.

I still think CR shouldn't have to fear for his job just yet, but it is becoming harder to argue the point. I certainly don't think the people calling for him to go are all trigger happy spoilt brats like they are often portrayed.

Consistently sticking with an out of form Karl Henry when Michael Doughty has looked good seems to go against the whole giving the youngsters a chance chat that we were fed at the end of last season. Loaning out the young understudies of both our out of sorts full backs also seems a little off message.

Players that initially seemed to improve under Ramsey have dipped too. Loungo seems to have lost his place to Fer a little too quickly - for me Luongo is a key player even if he has dips of form throughout the season

Even if everyone was still going by expectations before we kept Ausin and Phillips, it's hard to see much progress in this "work in progress" season. I felt we were seeing positive changes before the transfer window closed, but ever since then it's been non stop individual errors, fear on the ball, and sticking with old pros no matter how badly they are performing. It feels like Chris Ramsey is stuck between moving the club forward and a massive fear of failure that keeps him making (to my mind) slightly bizarre conservative decisions

Chris, mate. If you're gonna get the sack anyways, why not really do you want to do. If you can't get the big guns firing us to where we should be (on paper at least) lets get tonked playing expansive but naive football getting the new signings and youngsters up to speed.

At the minute it's a case of seeing the line up before a game, thinking they should have enough about them to get the win and then being let down

One of the best posts read on here for a long time.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

How long on 20:03 - Oct 18 with 3039 viewsNorthernr

That Brentford game is looming. I think we'll get four points this week, saw Sheff Wed at Brentford recently and they looked like just the sort of solid, organised side that'll come and do a bit of a number on us on Tuesday. Blackburn mark 2. Beat MK Dons in another ludicours 5/7/9 goal match then go and get tonked at Griffin Park and that'll be his lot.

If so it'll be Fernandes' fourth managerial change - the results, the performance, the team, the club etc has remained exactly the same after each of them. Which makes the hunger for them to continue to occur a little odd.
How long on 20:07 - Oct 18 with 3017 viewsessextaxiboy

How long on 20:03 - Oct 18 by Northernr

That Brentford game is looming. I think we'll get four points this week, saw Sheff Wed at Brentford recently and they looked like just the sort of solid, organised side that'll come and do a bit of a number on us on Tuesday. Blackburn mark 2. Beat MK Dons in another ludicours 5/7/9 goal match then go and get tonked at Griffin Park and that'll be his lot.

If so it'll be Fernandes' fourth managerial change - the results, the performance, the team, the club etc has remained exactly the same after each of them. Which makes the hunger for them to continue to occur a little odd.

Fernandes has got find time to intimidate Ramsey on Twitter between games with his cunning innuendo ....

Groundhog Day
How long on 20:20 - Oct 18 with 2976 viewsNW10Hoop

How long on 20:03 - Oct 18 by Northernr

Four managers in 4 years is ovbiously not ideal, but in no ways outrageous for teams that either flirt with promotion or relegation year after year. I'd even argue that in the case of Hughes (who I thought was gonna work out for well for us) and Redknapp - Fernandes was way too slow to wield the axe.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2015 20:31]
How long on 20:37 - Oct 18 with 2929 viewsNorthernr

How long on 20:20 - Oct 18 by NW10Hoop

Four managers in 4 years is ovbiously not ideal, but in no ways outrageous for teams that either flirt with promotion or relegation year after year. I'd even argue that in the case of Hughes (who I thought was gonna work out for well for us) and Redknapp - Fernandes was way too slow to wield the axe.

Well firstly I'd say that no club apart from Chelsea is consistently successful while sacking managers that regularly.

Secondly I'd say that although it may not be unusual, the flatline of results, performance etc etc at QPR despite all the changes is. Sunderland are a prime example of a club that starts every season poorly, sacks a manager, results lift, they stay up, it repeats. new manager bounce is a thing elsewhere and if it was a thing here then maybe four managers in four years isn't bad because it gives us that lift when we change.

At QPR it never happens. The manager gets sacked, the results stay the same. Why would you continue to repeat the same action when it makes no difference? It surely, strongly, suggests you need to be making some changes elsewhere? Or give the latest thing you've settled on some more time?

I've seen people saying we need a more experienced manager, which is laughable considering the two we sacked before Ramsey were as experienced as you can possibly get and were both still sht here.

Nigel Pearson seems to be flavour of the month at the moment. Pearson was appointed Hull manager in summer 2010. He won one of his first six, lost 4-0 at mightly Millwall in his second match and by November 9 his record was P17 W3. The QPR support base as it is at the moment would be baying for a sacking in those circumstances.

He rejoined Leicester in November 2011 and obviously went on to build a fine set up there which is now the bedrock of their Premier League success. But he only won three of his first 11 games there and finished that season with six defeats and three draws from his final 15 games. He only won one of the last four games that season, and one of his last four home games. They started the following season with three defeats in the first five league games and were beaten 4-2 by Burton Albion at home in the League Cup. Again, I'd suggest we'd be baying for a sacking if he came here and did that. From february 9 to until the final day of the season they won three, drew six and lost nine of their 18 games - three wins in 18. He definitely wouldn't survive that here.

So the achievement we're craving for Pearson to bring here actually took him 18 months at Leicester, during which there were at least three points that QPR fans would have wanted him sacked, and another 18 month spell at Hull where he did little and, again, we'd have been baying for his blood.

It doesn't, and isn't, fcking working.

This post has been edited by an administrator
How long on 20:53 - Oct 18 with 2891 viewsWatford_Ranger

How long on 19:48 - Oct 18 by derbyhoop

All 20 of which would have made more sense than Toszer for Sandro and Polter for JET.
How long on 21:17 - Oct 18 with 2858 viewsNW10Hoop

How long on 20:37 - Oct 18 by Northernr

Well firstly I'd say that no club apart from Chelsea is consistently successful while sacking managers that regularly.

Secondly I'd say that although it may not be unusual, the flatline of results, performance etc etc at QPR despite all the changes is. Sunderland are a prime example of a club that starts every season poorly, sacks a manager, results lift, they stay up, it repeats. new manager bounce is a thing elsewhere and if it was a thing here then maybe four managers in four years isn't bad because it gives us that lift when we change.

At QPR it never happens. The manager gets sacked, the results stay the same. Why would you continue to repeat the same action when it makes no difference? It surely, strongly, suggests you need to be making some changes elsewhere? Or give the latest thing you've settled on some more time?

I've seen people saying we need a more experienced manager, which is laughable considering the two we sacked before Ramsey were as experienced as you can possibly get and were both still sht here.

Nigel Pearson seems to be flavour of the month at the moment. Pearson was appointed Hull manager in summer 2010. He won one of his first six, lost 4-0 at mightly Millwall in his second match and by November 9 his record was P17 W3. The QPR support base as it is at the moment would be baying for a sacking in those circumstances.

He rejoined Leicester in November 2011 and obviously went on to build a fine set up there which is now the bedrock of their Premier League success. But he only won three of his first 11 games there and finished that season with six defeats and three draws from his final 15 games. He only won one of the last four games that season, and one of his last four home games. They started the following season with three defeats in the first five league games and were beaten 4-2 by Burton Albion at home in the League Cup. Again, I'd suggest we'd be baying for a sacking if he came here and did that. From february 9 to until the final day of the season they won three, drew six and lost nine of their 18 games - three wins in 18. He definitely wouldn't survive that here.

So the achievement we're craving for Pearson to bring here actually took him 18 months at Leicester, during which there were at least three points that QPR fans would have wanted him sacked, and another 18 month spell at Hull where he did little and, again, we'd have been baying for his blood.

It doesn't, and isn't, fcking working.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yup, you make a lot of sense. And I agree that our fans can be a little too impatient. I just think that the situation with Chris Ramsey may be a little bit different. He was appointend at a time when McClaren, Warburton, and Clement were all becoming available, and at least half our fan base felt we should appointed someone else. And while I supported his appointment, I kind of viewed it as a kind of long term caretaker role - someone who would do the unglamorous job of keeping us mid table in the championship while we got rid of our High earners, looked to the lower leagues and youth for our future stars....Basically keeping the seat warm until we were on the right footing to have another stab at getting into and staying into the Premiership.... Even if that still is/was the remit, it's possible that I was wrong and that there are better candidates for that kind of role.

The thing is, during the pre season and transfer window, we signed some decent players - (was Chery really told we were going into championship hibernation or was he told we were going to bounce straight back?) Players like Toszer and Angella arrived having played big parts in getting Watford promoted. We kept Austin and Phillips, and Luongo seemed to hit the ground running at the beginning. So It seems that the board and fans now believe we should have a crack at promotion. I tend to agree, and unluckily for Ramsey having this decent squad seems to weigh heavily on his shoulders. Whether we are in rebuild mode or promotion challenge mode, all we really want on a Saturday is a team playing to its potential. On paper at least our squad has the potential to fight for promotion.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2015 21:25]
How long on 21:40 - Oct 18 with 2803 viewsNortholt_Rs

How long on 21:17 - Oct 18 by NW10Hoop

Yup, you make a lot of sense. And I agree that our fans can be a little too impatient. I just think that the situation with Chris Ramsey may be a little bit different. He was appointend at a time when McClaren, Warburton, and Clement were all becoming available, and at least half our fan base felt we should appointed someone else. And while I supported his appointment, I kind of viewed it as a kind of long term caretaker role - someone who would do the unglamorous job of keeping us mid table in the championship while we got rid of our High earners, looked to the lower leagues and youth for our future stars....Basically keeping the seat warm until we were on the right footing to have another stab at getting into and staying into the Premiership.... Even if that still is/was the remit, it's possible that I was wrong and that there are better candidates for that kind of role.

The thing is, during the pre season and transfer window, we signed some decent players - (was Chery really told we were going into championship hibernation or was he told we were going to bounce straight back?) Players like Toszer and Angella arrived having played big parts in getting Watford promoted. We kept Austin and Phillips, and Luongo seemed to hit the ground running at the beginning. So It seems that the board and fans now believe we should have a crack at promotion. I tend to agree, and unluckily for Ramsey having this decent squad seems to weigh heavily on his shoulders. Whether we are in rebuild mode or promotion challenge mode, all we really want on a Saturday is a team playing to its potential. On paper at least our squad has the potential to fight for promotion.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2015 21:25]

The most damning thing against our 'great coach' is his complete and utter failure to sort out the worst defence in the division. We go into every game expecting to concede a minimum of two goals which can't possibly be right can it? The fact he clearly hasn't any idea how to change this situation is why so many of us believe he isn't up to the job. Ask yourself this, which club will he join as manager after this experiment ends (badly)?

I understand the board appointing him once Redknapp did a runner before getting us relegated twice - but a three year contract? Just because Hughes and Redknapp proved to be useless for us shouldn't mean we turn to a complete novice in the hope he will become the one for us. It's all about choosing the right man for the job - and yes it can be done, just look at Palace....
[Post edited 18 Oct 2015 21:40]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

How long on 21:47 - Oct 18 with 2774 viewsessextaxiboy

How long on 21:40 - Oct 18 by Northolt_Rs

The most damning thing against our 'great coach' is his complete and utter failure to sort out the worst defence in the division. We go into every game expecting to concede a minimum of two goals which can't possibly be right can it? The fact he clearly hasn't any idea how to change this situation is why so many of us believe he isn't up to the job. Ask yourself this, which club will he join as manager after this experiment ends (badly)?

I understand the board appointing him once Redknapp did a runner before getting us relegated twice - but a three year contract? Just because Hughes and Redknapp proved to be useless for us shouldn't mean we turn to a complete novice in the hope he will become the one for us. It's all about choosing the right man for the job - and yes it can be done, just look at Palace....
[Post edited 18 Oct 2015 21:40]

If this ends badly he will struggle to get another Managers job , However he wll be coaching in the Prem within days IMO .

He has one problem and its proving difficult . I hope he drops his zonal marking and gives himself a chance, our players just are not good enough to do it .
How long on 22:46 - Oct 18 with 2668 viewsToast_R

I thought Neil Warnock got a decent new manager bounce when he rocked up. Didn't QPR do West Brom who were flying at the time?

The 4 year Plan captured that perfectly. The moment he walked in the door the club's whole ethos lifted remarkably.
How long on 23:18 - Oct 18 with 2622 viewsCroydonCaptJack

How long on 20:20 - Oct 18 by NW10Hoop

Isn't that what's wrong?
That people do not think four managers in four years is outrageous?
How long on 00:58 - Oct 19 with 2516 viewsNW10Hoop

How long on 23:18 - Oct 18 by CroydonCaptJack

Isn't that what's wrong?
That people do not think four managers in four years is outrageous?

Of course it's wrong. But my point is that it's not wildly different to our contemporaries. Fulham have had 5 managers since 2011, Brentford have had 7, Watford have had 8, Norwich have changed manager 4 times, so have Brighton, Charlton have had 7.

You can bet that each time there was a section of support that wanted a manager out. We aren't the horrible, spoilt set of supporters that some on here are so disenfranchised with. Our board/club has its problems, but being trigger happy so far hasn't been one of them.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2015 0:59]
How long on 01:28 - Oct 19 with 2491 viewsgobbles

The problem isn't the sackings, the problem is the appointments. Hughes and Redknapp were overpriced glamour appointments done in a rush - Fernandes had his pant pulled down by Hughes, but he should have seen how Redknapp clearly was not motivated to manager QPR. Ramsey was always a terrible appointment, made all the worse because he had a four-month trial and failed it miserably.
If you want to be generous to him, in the summer he had the job of building a team to survive in the Championship, but ended up keeping most of the Premier League squad. Everything changed when we kept Austin, Phillips, Fer, Sandro and Green. Most managers/coaches would love to be able to incorporate those players into their team, Ramsey does not seem to have a clue of what to do. He also seems incapable of motivating the team.
I have no problem with a system of a coach and a Director of Football. I have no demand for a big-name manager. But the choice was never just Redknapp or Ramsey, there were plenty of other options. So how, in the 5/6 months between Redknapp leaving and Ramsey getting the job full-time, didn't we speak to anyone else?
How long on 01:50 - Oct 19 with 2475 viewsMvpeter

People like to bring up how 'changing managers never helps'

It does not because we do not hire effective managers. For all of our many managers how many could you consider the one that got away? Slim pickings. Those that had been or would go on to be decent, how many of them were hounded out unfairly by the fans? I can't think of one. Ramsey is a special kind of incompetent, so woefully inadequate that the fans cannot contain their incredulity.

Pointing to his self appointed remit as a defense for the clearly crazy decision making, clearly poor organisation and steadfast refusal to play younger more talented players in place of under-performing aging players (despite bizarrely claiming to be doing the exact opposite) is absurd and willfully ignorant. This coupled with the complete lack of justification for him ever getting the job and it is inevitable that any group of fans would demand the immediate correction of the mistake and justifiably so.

He's making football painful.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

How long on 12:53 - Oct 19 with 2322 viewsderbyhoop

How long on 01:28 - Oct 19 by gobbles

The problem isn't the sackings, the problem is the appointments. Hughes and Redknapp were overpriced glamour appointments done in a rush - Fernandes had his pant pulled down by Hughes, but he should have seen how Redknapp clearly was not motivated to manager QPR. Ramsey was always a terrible appointment, made all the worse because he had a four-month trial and failed it miserably.
If you want to be generous to him, in the summer he had the job of building a team to survive in the Championship, but ended up keeping most of the Premier League squad. Everything changed when we kept Austin, Phillips, Fer, Sandro and Green. Most managers/coaches would love to be able to incorporate those players into their team, Ramsey does not seem to have a clue of what to do. He also seems incapable of motivating the team.
I have no problem with a system of a coach and a Director of Football. I have no demand for a big-name manager. But the choice was never just Redknapp or Ramsey, there were plenty of other options. So how, in the 5/6 months between Redknapp leaving and Ramsey getting the job full-time, didn't we speak to anyone else?

We managed to keep most of a PL squad that finished rock bottom.

Who is to say we didn't consider other candidates. Did Sherwood want too much money? Did Warburton refuse to work under a DOF? Wasn't McLaren already lined up for Newcastle? Did Clement compare Derby's newish 34,000 capacity stadium, a new training ground and an established Academy and feel that QPR weren't in the same ba ll park? You couldn't blame him.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

How long on 13:00 - Oct 19 with 2294 viewssimmo

How long on 19:59 - Oct 18 by NW10Hoop

Good post that pretty much sums up my feelings.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

How long on 13:06 - Oct 19 with 2272 viewsgobbles

How long on 12:53 - Oct 19 by derbyhoop

We managed to keep most of a PL squad that finished rock bottom.

Who is to say we didn't consider other candidates. Did Sherwood want too much money? Did Warburton refuse to work under a DOF? Wasn't McLaren already lined up for Newcastle? Did Clement compare Derby's newish 34,000 capacity stadium, a new training ground and an established Academy and feel that QPR weren't in the same ba ll park? You couldn't blame him.

Well for starters, Ramsey said he wasn't interviewed for the post. That kind of hints that nobody else was either. And the names you mention again fall into the trap of looking at the same obvious people. Look at Norwich who cast their net a bit wider and got Alex Neil.
Do you really think that the five players we expected to sell but kept make no difference? Fer is a fantastic player when his talents are harnessed. Against Bolton we saw a glimpse of what Fer and Chery could be when playing together. Yet we just seem to play like an unmotivated, disorganised rabble.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024