Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Among the Savages. 00:50 - Oct 31 with 7613 viewsHadders

I went to tonight`s game without a ticket and managed to get one (at face-value) amongst Brentford fans, in the Braemar Paddock, near the away end. The atmosphere was pretty raucous and it was fairly nerve-racking; I felt obliged to applaud politely on a few occasions in case I was rumbled. A few observations:

1. Brentford supporters don`t appear to like us all that much, and they really enjoyed this; I guess it was their equivalent of our 1-0 v Chelsea. A bunch of middle-aged chaps right in front of me in Stone Island-style clobber were giving it large pitchside the entire game; one especially mouthy bald bloke managed to get hold of the ball twice and refused to give it back to our players, giving them the usual effin this and that instead. They spent the majority of the second half singing" "F*******kin ate Rangeeers","You`re F****kin shiiiit!" and "We`re having a party when Rangers go bust!" and making a variety of suggestive signs.

2. Although not exactly pleasant, I have to admit the atmosphere was amazing, and I love Griffin Park - it`s like going back 40 years. A number of people next to me left at half time to go onto the terrrace behind the goal for the second half, which was packed. How cool is that?

3. Oddly, I noticed that they seem to have more female fans, of all ages. They are still a small minority, but I reckon there were at least three times as many women as you see at Rangers. It didn`t stop one charming gent shouting "Show us your gash!" at an older woman taking her seat though.

4. Being such a decent man, I wonder how Clint Hill has survived for so long in football. He was clearly in considerable pain as he hobbled toward the dressing room, yet he received a shower of abuse the whole way; it was painful to see. The bald bloke in front of me was particularly vicious, but instead of ignoring him, Clint looked straight at him and said something - it looked like he was pointing out how much pain he was in, asking for the guy to be more reasonable. A bit like Jesus carrying the cross, having a word with some nasty Roman. Movingly, the man apologised and shook his hand. No, that last bit was made up.

5. The match? All I would add was that Brentford weren`t at all bad, but there was nothing in it and it could easily have gone the other way. This is meant to be a rebuilding season and I would not even think about sacking the manager.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2015 10:44]
Among the Savages. on 01:00 - Oct 31 with 6667 viewsHadders

Just seen this- that`s the charming guy in front of me.
Among the Savages. on 01:34 - Oct 31 with 6578 viewsAndyB

Among the Savages. on 01:00 - Oct 31 by Hadders

Just seen this- that`s the charming guy in front of me.

That twunt was caught on camera giving abuse several times.
Among the Savages. on 02:28 - Oct 31 with 6499 viewsJohnMcCo

That was a really sweet post, thanks for it amongst some of the bile I have read tonight.
Among the Savages. on 04:03 - Oct 31 with 6436 views18StoneOfHoop

Sorry I'm gonna reintroduce a touch of bile,estimable Mr McCooke.

That's a very good damn fine even-handed objective truthful post,Hadders.

Excellent,well done,spot on.

HOWEVER I personally find it very very hard to be so balanced and fair-minded.

This is of a different order to my mind from those famous incidents v Chelsea at LR when Mata (visibilly nervously bricking it) and Oscar (impervious and cool) went to take corners by R Block. Sticks and stones won't break their bones and words should never hurt them but a man in suffering searing agony is surely different. If he was on a stretcher I'm sure decent Bees fans would have clapped him.

From the moment Clint went down and crumpled in agony slapping the pitch -the universal sign of true searing pain - like Ale Faurlin at home v Derby it was obvious the geezer was fooked and furthermore us Rangers fans might guess that this might well turn out to be the 37 years old geezer's last game as he hobbled along the touchline grimacing.

I'm heavy but slow,never been in a real physical fight for 35 years really.I'd do anything to avoid violence so long as my immediate family were not under threat BUT this bald geezer with the poppy who sought camera attention all match long shouting 'scum,scum,scum' at as decent,honourable and genuine a man as Clint Hill has really got me goat..It's all probably heat of the moment stuff and of course the vast percentage of wannabe wouldbe violent talk is extremely cheap BUT the following fantasy clip gives an indication of my feelings

C'mon BFC and Old Bill do your stuff, name shame and ban this tart.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 4:48]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Among the Savages. on 04:34 - Oct 31 with 6398 viewsstowmarketrange

I'm pretty sure that we did the same when we beat our bigger neighbours for the first time in years.We all gave it to their fans and players so let the little bees have their moment of glory.
We will hopefully have our revenge later in the season,and always remember that unlike our 2 smaller neighbours,who seem to revel in beating us,we have never been in the 4th division,and at least we do have a trophy in our cabinet.
Among the Savages. on 07:56 - Oct 31 with 6148 viewsWatford_Ranger

If John Terry's leg fell off at Loftus Road I'd still be screaming "cnt" as he got stretchered off.

Genuinely couldn't hear their fans from the back of the terrace but then we were pretty loud ourselves. Went to the front for the second half and still couldn't hear much at all. Just bad acoustics I guess.

As for the bald bloke. He probably will get that picture framed and got bought a couple of pints last night. I'd imagine he has an incredibly ugly wife though.

I thought it was very quiet outside the ground before and after given the circumstances
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 7:57]
Among the Savages. on 08:40 - Oct 31 with 5965 viewsYorkRanger

Among the Savages. on 04:34 - Oct 31 by stowmarketrange

I'm pretty sure that we did the same when we beat our bigger neighbours for the first time in years.We all gave it to their fans and players so let the little bees have their moment of glory.
We will hopefully have our revenge later in the season,and always remember that unlike our 2 smaller neighbours,who seem to revel in beating us,we have never been in the 4th division,and at least we do have a trophy in our cabinet.

Agreed, looked like a fairly objectionable fella but not a whole lot different to when people were screaming in Mata's face as he prepared to take a corner by R block in the 1 0 game...
Among the Savages. on 09:28 - Oct 31 with 5821 viewspaesanu

Hadders, you are a natural writer, thanks for sharing sir! Enjoyed that blurb far more than all the other posts in the last week put together.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Login to get fewer ads

Among the Savages. on 10:24 - Oct 31 with 5676 viewslondonscottish

Thanks Hadders, good post and reflected a lot of what I though. I was in with Brentford in the New Road terraces. It got pretty lively in there.....

The bald guy giving it gyp was well known to some of the Stone Island fellas round me. He was just back after a ban, oddly enough.

I agree about the game - both sides cancelled each other out in the first half and we saw some decent play from Rangers in last 15 minutes. There was a bit more at the start of the second half before it went long ball and a bit sh*t. But as I pointed out in another thread, they were battering endless balls in to the channels and out for goal kicks as well.

Anyway, in the words of Jonny Vaughan, never let the football spoil a night at the football.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Among the Savages. on 10:30 - Oct 31 with 5640 viewsHadders

Among the Savages. on 09:28 - Oct 31 by paesanu

Hadders, you are a natural writer, thanks for sharing sir! Enjoyed that blurb far more than all the other posts in the last week put together.

What a kind comment! Thank you, and thanks to others for their complimentary comments too.

Sadly, anyone who says we have no fans like that bald chap has either never been to a game or is massively deluded. Change his team and he would fit in very well with some of our mob.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 12:34]
Among the Savages. on 11:01 - Oct 31 with 5560 viewsdixiedean

Among the Savages. on 10:30 - Oct 31 by Hadders

What a kind comment! Thank you, and thanks to others for their complimentary comments too.

Sadly, anyone who says we have no fans like that bald chap has either never been to a game or is massively deluded. Change his team and he would fit in very well with some of our mob.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 12:34]

I was talking to Dave Thomas outside the ground pre-match,minding our own business when the same bunch of Neanderthals charged at us, chucking beer( hopefully) and had to be dispersed by mounted Police. So none of what was done/said was spur-of-the-moment stuff I'm afraid. When Clint goes down injured you know he's badly hurt. Him beating the turf in pain ( or Ale) is for real and not some baby act like Mbia who beats the turf if he breaks a finger nail.
Among the Savages. on 11:25 - Oct 31 with 5503 viewsLongsufferingR

Great post Hadders. Unfortunately point number 5 may not appeal to those who make these decisions.
Among the Savages. on 13:19 - Oct 31 with 5316 viewsBrightonhoop

Great post. I've known a few Bees down the years, not as upper middle class as the Nigels and Geoffreys of Foolham, but generally a decent, modest bunch who would go out of there way to not offend anyone and who I can only guess would have been mortified by the clung element in their support, showing the Club up on telly.
I've seen far worse at HQ, and can't judge Brentford on the actions of a few weapons in there support, as much as they might want us to hate them, I don't. I despise the Scum, but have always remained indifferent to both Foolham and Brentford.
It's no surprise to hear that bloke abusing Clinton was just back from a ban, he's going the right way about getting another ban. Not representative of the decent Bees supporters I know.
Among the Savages. on 13:31 - Oct 31 with 5285 viewsHadders

There was an elderly lady in front of me wearing one of those preposterous jester`s hats, but then she removed it after they scored to reveal that she was bald. I guess she had cancer, and I heard her tell someone she had promised she would take it off if they scored. We can take the piss, but she seemed lovely, and if the others around me hadn`t been so intimidating, I would`ve said something nice to her.

Their intense resentment of QPR seems to go way, way back, to something that happened in the Palaeolithic Era.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 13:34]
Among the Savages. on 13:48 - Oct 31 with 5245 viewsmcqpr10

Half my friends are bees fans and they're good lads. Last night meant the world to them. No matter how bad we've had it they've had it worse! The bald thug is a well known low life in the area, it actually made me laugh watching the game in the middle east watching him act the exact same way as he did ten years ago when he was 18. Wearing the same jacket too!
Among the Savages. on 17:38 - Oct 31 with 5055 viewsWatford_Ranger

Among the Savages. on 13:48 - Oct 31 by mcqpr10

Half my friends are bees fans and they're good lads. Last night meant the world to them. No matter how bad we've had it they've had it worse! The bald thug is a well known low life in the area, it actually made me laugh watching the game in the middle east watching him act the exact same way as he did ten years ago when he was 18. Wearing the same jacket too!

He's 28? He looks 48
Among the Savages. on 17:54 - Oct 31 with 5000 viewsbosh67

Perhaps he has never been clever enough to find his way to the exit?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Among the Savages. on 18:43 - Oct 31 with 4921 viewsMonahoop

Good post Hadders. Watched the game in a local pub and the cameras showed that idiotic bullet bonce of a B's fan on more than one occasion trying to give it large to our players. There's always one or two like him affiliated to any club I guess.

I was taken by your comment about Jesus Christ [ Clint] carrying the cross and having a word with some nasty Romans. Brentford fans are Romans and nasty ones at that? What did the Romans do for us? Unfortunately they gave us Brentford!!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Among the Savages. on 20:14 - Oct 31 with 4789 viewsswitchingcode

Superb post Hadders you must have been sat very near me throughout the game.
Among the Savages. on 21:12 - Oct 31 with 4668 viewsloftboy

I met up with a couple of Brentford acquaintances in the magpie and crown pre-match, afterwards my train goes through Hounslow, feltham and Staines and was packed with Bees, all quiet and had a good chat about the game, no Neanderthals at all, made the journey home a lot more bearable than it could have been!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Among the Savages. on 21:28 - Oct 31 with 4625 viewsW14Hoop

Among the Savages. on 21:12 - Oct 31 by loftboy

I met up with a couple of Brentford acquaintances in the magpie and crown pre-match, afterwards my train goes through Hounslow, feltham and Staines and was packed with Bees, all quiet and had a good chat about the game, no Neanderthals at all, made the journey home a lot more bearable than it could have been!

The bald guy will forever be a legend and never have to buy a drink again at the wetherspoons in feltham.

I did think of the similarities between that and us vs the scum, but 50 years is some time to wait to beat the enemy, fair play.
Among the Savages. on 22:09 - Oct 31 with 4539 viewsHadders

I agree with Loftboy and others: Brentford fans generally seem as decent as any, and can hardly be accused of being glory-hunters. As I mentioned, they seem to have a lot of female fans, which I see as a positive thing in every respect, and I imagine the majority of their supporters were born into an unfashionable tribe, and stayed loyal.

As far as stupid football rivalries go, even their deep hatred of our club seems quite rational; for 80-odd years, both clubs were at more or less the same pretty unsuccessful level, then Jim Gregory bought us into a different league and we got a load of new fans (in the 60s and 70s); to cap it all, Gregory once tried to close down their club. Since then, we have generally seen our club as a rival to Chelsea, and have considered ourselves too big and important to care about poxy little Brentford. In their shoes, we would hate us too.

Actually,it seems they were bigger than us in the 30s.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 22:20]
Among the Savages. on 22:30 - Oct 31 with 4490 viewsJuzzie

None of us were watching football in the 1930's so its all a bit irrelevant. What is relevant is we've played each other less than 10 times in 50 years, six of those between 00-03, so it's hardly enough to build up a rivalry.
We've pkayed chelsea a lot more and thats why there is one.

Having teenage Brentford fans, let alone blokes in their 40's, 'hating' us for something that didnt happen 50 years ago when none of them were alive is just a bit tiresome.

Lets play each other regularly, season after season, and that will really create a rivalry.
Among the Savages. on 22:56 - Oct 31 with 4443 viewsstowmarketrange

Among the Savages. on 22:09 - Oct 31 by Hadders

I agree with Loftboy and others: Brentford fans generally seem as decent as any, and can hardly be accused of being glory-hunters. As I mentioned, they seem to have a lot of female fans, which I see as a positive thing in every respect, and I imagine the majority of their supporters were born into an unfashionable tribe, and stayed loyal.

As far as stupid football rivalries go, even their deep hatred of our club seems quite rational; for 80-odd years, both clubs were at more or less the same pretty unsuccessful level, then Jim Gregory bought us into a different league and we got a load of new fans (in the 60s and 70s); to cap it all, Gregory once tried to close down their club. Since then, we have generally seen our club as a rival to Chelsea, and have considered ourselves too big and important to care about poxy little Brentford. In their shoes, we would hate us too.

Actually,it seems they were bigger than us in the 30s.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 22:20]

I used to work with a real bees tw#t who blamed Hitler for them being where they were after the war.They got relegated just after it and never recovered.
Among the Savages. on 23:18 - Oct 31 with 4415 viewsthemodfather

matey will cop it one day, even he hasn't already....bet he ain't so gobby round da bush...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024