Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New hoof ball style. 23:21 - Oct 30 with 3682 viewsconnell10

I noticed this against mk and was gonna post a thread about , but i thought as they were a passing team this was to counter that. Then tonight we adopt the same tactics, green not passing it to the back four just lumping it , our defence just lumping it and our midfield! Only for about ten minutes near the end of the first half did we keep the ball on the deck and strung a few passes together and kept possession and as soon as we started doing that we had brentford on the ropes! What im trying to say is why have we gone from one extreme to another!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

New hoof ball style. on 23:37 - Oct 30 with 2863 viewsMrNITK

Kerching!!!

Went 1-0 down and resorted to hoof ball!
New hoof ball style. on 23:37 - Oct 30 with 2862 viewsBasingstokeR

Warnock?
New hoof ball style. on 23:47 - Oct 30 with 2814 viewsozexile

Was working this morning in oz so missed the game. Cant bear to watch it now. Can someone inform me if we used our familiar and highly successful kick off routine where we just kick it as high and far as possible to the touchline.?
New hoof ball style. on 23:49 - Oct 30 with 2805 viewsbosh67

New hoof ball style. on 23:47 - Oct 30 by ozexile

Was working this morning in oz so missed the game. Cant bear to watch it now. Can someone inform me if we used our familiar and highly successful kick off routine where we just kick it as high and far as possible to the touchline.?

Yes that is our 90 minute strategy now.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New hoof ball style. on 23:49 - Oct 30 with 2803 viewsconnell10

Uncanny mate , yes we did!

New hoof ball style. on 23:54 - Oct 30 with 2765 viewsozexile

New hoof ball style. on 23:49 - Oct 30 by connell10

Uncanny mate , yes we did!

Thanks Connell.
New hoof ball style. on 23:57 - Oct 30 with 2751 viewsflynnbo

And the Rory Delap school of long throws-such a pleasure to behold.
New hoof ball style. on 00:03 - Oct 31 with 2732 viewsquickpassrotter

New hoof ball style. on 23:57 - Oct 30 by flynnbo

....wouldn't be so bad if someone could throw the ball like Delap. JET can't. Thought that he was supposed to be on the end of them, like most centre forwards.
Login to get fewer ads

New hoof ball style. on 00:07 - Oct 31 with 2716 viewsflynnbo

Maybe Ramsey expects JET to be on the end of his own long throws?
New hoof ball style. on 00:39 - Oct 31 with 2660 viewsozexile

New hoof ball style. on 00:07 - Oct 31 by flynnbo

Maybe Ramsey expects JET to be on the end of his own long throws?

So our only recognized striker is taking the long throws that aren't even long to our strikers that are in the box but aren't really strikers?
New hoof ball style. on 05:18 - Oct 31 with 2544 viewsHooparoo

New hoof ball style. on 00:39 - Oct 31 by ozexile

So our only recognized striker is taking the long throws that aren't even long to our strikers that are in the box but aren't really strikers?

Correct. The genius of it eh?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

New hoof ball style. on 05:38 - Oct 31 with 2528 viewsstuabd

One tactic. Hoof it up down the channel. Couldn't even get that right either. A few miscues that either ended up in the stands or in the goalkeepers hands. Dreadful.
New hoof ball style. on 06:20 - Oct 31 with 2496 viewsBklynRanger

I think the idea is to play the good stuff in certain areas and not risk it in any other areas. Those other areas now encompass any part of the pitch until Tony and Neil say otherwise.
New hoof ball style. on 08:56 - Oct 31 with 2378 viewskingsburyR

They said on TV that the ball was like a hot potato.

It looked liked the were playing with a live hand grenade last night.

EMBARRASSING!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

New hoof ball style. on 09:09 - Oct 31 with 2339 viewsRaymond

New hoof ball style. on 23:57 - Oct 30 by flynnbo

Yea our lone striker taking throw ins, to who exactly. Shocking tactics
New hoof ball style. on 09:10 - Oct 31 with 2338 viewstraininvain

New hoof ball style. on 08:56 - Oct 31 by kingsburyR

They said on TV that the ball was like a hot potato.

It looked liked the were playing with a live hand grenade last night.

EMBARRASSING!!!

It's partly a product of the current toxic atmosphere emanating from the supporters.

The players look sh1t scared to make a mistake and it's hardly surprising given the pelters they take whenever a pass is misplaced.

The atmosphere in the away end last night was p1ss poor and I'm actually struggling to remember many (any?) songs in support of the team, aside from a few songs about former players.

The players haven't covered themselves in glory but we're hardly scrapping for relegation and still in touching distance of the playoffs.

But the support this season has been shocking and the players have responded accordingly IMHO.
New hoof ball style. on 09:20 - Oct 31 with 2293 viewsrichpr

New hoof ball style. on 09:10 - Oct 31 by traininvain

It's partly a product of the current toxic atmosphere emanating from the supporters.

The players look sh1t scared to make a mistake and it's hardly surprising given the pelters they take whenever a pass is misplaced.

The atmosphere in the away end last night was p1ss poor and I'm actually struggling to remember many (any?) songs in support of the team, aside from a few songs about former players.

The players haven't covered themselves in glory but we're hardly scrapping for relegation and still in touching distance of the playoffs.

But the support this season has been shocking and the players have responded accordingly IMHO.

aah, poor little players on their 30k a week. How about trying a bit harder. How about playing a bit of football.
What utter cr*p, blaming the supporters - the real supporters who went to Griffin Park and Craven Cottage should be given their money back.
If you expect a nice round of applause for another shite performance then you need your head seeing to.
New hoof ball style. on 09:25 - Oct 31 with 2279 viewsMedwayR

In my opinion it's a result of our need for clean sheets, don't take any risks at the back. Additionally, only Grant Hall is any good at playing the ball out from the back, Onouha isn't going to offer much from RB and Konchesky had a 'mare. Plus there was a lack of movement from Chery, Luongo & Phillips and given the option of playing it to Henry or Tozser who would most likely give you a poor pass in return I'm not surprised we ended up playing it long.

When we did play football we were much better but far too slow at moving the ball so allowed Brentford to get back in shape and close out the space. We look very unsure of ourselves & lacking in confidence.

Poll: Who’s better?

New hoof ball style. on 09:26 - Oct 31 with 2272 viewsstuabd

T he hoof ball started from the first minute . I can understand a team resorting to that late on on a bad day but this was just hoof after hoof from the start.
New hoof ball style. on 09:34 - Oct 31 with 2252 viewstraininvain

New hoof ball style. on 09:20 - Oct 31 by richpr

aah, poor little players on their 30k a week. How about trying a bit harder. How about playing a bit of football.
What utter cr*p, blaming the supporters - the real supporters who went to Griffin Park and Craven Cottage should be given their money back.
If you expect a nice round of applause for another shite performance then you need your head seeing to.

I think you must've missed the bit where I said that it's PART of the problem.

But keep your head in the sand believing that here's no link between players treating the ball like a live grenade and the booing of Henry at Loftus Road last weekend (for example).
New hoof ball style. on 09:55 - Oct 31 with 2195 viewsQPR_Jim

New hoof ball style. on 09:20 - Oct 31 by richpr

So is Karl Henry getting abuse because he doesn't try hard enough? That's not a criticism I've heard levelled at I'm before.
New hoof ball style. on 12:35 - Oct 31 with 2124 viewsconnell10

Sorry mate cant agree with that, i agree that booing the players is wrong and dont help a jot , but this hoof ball style was introduced last week right from the start of the mk game game! It looks like this is a tactical change and has been implemented by warnock. Instead of trying to play it out we just lump it! As i say its gone from over passing to just giving it the welly. From one extreme to another, is there not some middle ground style of play we could adopt?

New hoof ball style. on 01:16 - Nov 1 with 2053 viewsGetMeRangers

In comparison. Bees on Ealing Road terrace felt that as the first half went on we looked composed and had time on teh ball and that they (Brentford) need to calm down and not rush things so much. Headless chickens was used as a descriptor. They felt Bees were very lucky not to go in at HT one down, and fearing that we had grown into the game and 2the obvious premier league class of QPR" would dominate the second half. By the end of the game, they werent that enthused by the Bees performance but felt Cardsley needs time to work with what is essentially a very young side. All agreed that Bees probably deserved the victory over 90 mins

With a bees hat on, I was asking why they werent using Judge more, as it was plain to see he had the run of the pitch against Ned ("their right back isnt even one, he is a CB"). They think Cardsley has instructed the team not to rely on him and hence players being instructed not to always play balls to him

Funny how fans see their own team's performance
New hoof ball style. on 04:30 - Nov 1 with 2014 viewstimcocking

We've been doing that for so many years. Driving my up the wall. The only thing it ever manages to achieve is to get one of our players clattered and injured occasionally. World's worst kickoff routine.
New hoof ball style. on 05:49 - Nov 1 with 2000 viewsozexile

New hoof ball style. on 04:30 - Nov 1 by timcocking

We've been doing that for so many years. Driving my up the wall. The only thing it ever manages to achieve is to get one of our players clattered and injured occasionally. World's worst kickoff routine.

Agree. Its obviously a tactic to press the opposition in the corner to get the ball high up the field. But we've already got the ball so why don't we keep it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024