Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? 22:26 - Dec 7 with 2426 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

Am I missing something....why are many posts about today's press conference so negative?

Can someone explain!

It all seems remarkably sensible, well thought out and positive to me.

Les spoke really well.

Ramsey didn't work out because his inexperience as a manager was exposed so he had to be replaced. Warnock was a really safe pair of hands for up to eight weeks and so they took their time. 12 interviews, followed by three second interviews is superb. We have finally stopped being Tony's play-thing!

I'm not wildly keen on bringing in an ex Chelski player as manager, but he appears to have had some great early success as a manager and could work out to be really great. Let's hope so...

So can anyone explain the negative vibe?
Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 22:37 - Dec 7 with 2405 viewsPunteR

i didn't notice anything too negative.
I think most on here are trying to be pragmatic about the whole thing.
There is still a few questions as to why we've had to change the remit and managers so soon but hopefully it will all work out for the best.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 00:19 - Dec 8 with 2334 viewstimcocking

Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 22:37 - Dec 7 by PunteR

i didn't notice anything too negative.
I think most on here are trying to be pragmatic about the whole thing.
There is still a few questions as to why we've had to change the remit and managers so soon but hopefully it will all work out for the best.

"questions as to why we've had to change the remit and managers so soon"

social bloody media, that's why.
Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 00:21 - Dec 8 with 2334 viewsSomersetHoops

I think after the disasters that have preceded him most people are afraid to be too upbeat about JFH. It is hard to believe any QPR manager can be a success, even though it should be possible. Prior to the appointment I wasn't all that keen on him, but he says the right things and if he backs that up with the right action,I will support him. I don't expect miracles just that he does a good job, sorts out the wasters, uses our young player resources sensibly and gets the team playing well for the club and each other.

Who's Next?

Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 00:47 - Dec 8 with 2311 viewsqueensparker

I suppose it's because since we got promoted out of the f--king blue under Warnock (the last manager we can all agree did a great job), we've got involved in the sack race and appointed Britain's greatest promising young white hope (Hughes), one of England's greatest managers who should have been in charge of the international team (Redknapp) and a "dream appointment" in undiscovered gem Ramsey.

We've seen and heard it all before. One of JFH's biggest challenges is to punch through the general disbelief that a manager can actually make a difference other than spunking another national debt before leaving
Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 01:28 - Dec 8 with 2268 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think we're just a bit apprehensive. Nothing more.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 02:10 - Dec 8 with 2243 viewsHitch

Too many imagined sunsets turning into black holes.
Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 08:33 - Dec 8 with 2072 viewsQPRski

Just perhaps being "realistic" and "cautious".

I am.looking forward to seeing the team selection, tactics and performance on our next two challenging home games. I hope they will give me a better insight as to the possibility expectations.
Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 09:35 - Dec 8 with 2008 viewspeejaybee

Its what we do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Login to get fewer ads

Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 13:59 - Dec 8 with 1902 viewsFredManRave

It would appear that a couple of posters are a wee bit Jimmy cranky.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 21:05 - Dec 8 with 1790 viewsderbyhoop

Everything I've read and heard about JFH is positive. Most of the things that Les is trying to do since being appointed DOF have been right. Promoting Ramsey from Head of Academy to 1st Team Head Coach was the 1 big mistake, but we should be able to forgive him one. Lee Hoos is quite impressive and I know Clive is mightily impressed - for cycnical old hack. ;))

It's just that the managerial team is not enough, at this point. There's too many things to put right at the club and even short term success on the field is not going to solve all the other problems. Perhaps, it's the classic. We've been promised too much and delivered too little.

I hope it all goes well and the press conference was a good start. Now to go on a long unbeaten run.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 22:10 - Dec 8 with 1723 viewsTacticalR

It's obvious that we need a Positive Inquistion that can root out negativity in all its forms.

What's more, the Inquistion needs to be able to root out not only those who are openly negative, but also those who only pretend to be positive but are secretly harbouring negative thoughts.

Air hostess clique

Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 09:01 - Dec 9 with 1569 viewsadhoc_qpr

I think it was only a random comment by Les about Warnock dropping some of the new signings for the more experienced players that caused the fuss.

I'm pretty excited about JFH (without expecting him to perform miracles though).

His first team selection is going to very interesting if everyone has a clean slate.
Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 09:59 - Dec 9 with 1537 viewsJonDoeman

I'm feeling positive, one of the first steps on the right path is getting the right man in charge, which I think Jimmy is. Now lets all get behind him , & give him a fair crack of the whip!

It Is What It Is !!

Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 10:22 - Dec 9 with 1509 viewsElHoop

I am not negative, just gonna wait and see what happens.

It will be interesting to see how he copes at Championship level - but he's been able to whizz up the tables far quicker than the likes of Karl Robinson and on a pretty low budget too, which indicates talent. He builds teams on defence and with what he's got here he'll have to sacrifice some attacking intention in order to achieve that, which is what Warnock did. If he can beg steal or borrow a couple of promising full backs in the next few weeks then he might surprise a few.
Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 10:43 - Dec 9 with 1489 viewsPinnerPaul

Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 10:22 - Dec 9 by ElHoop

I am not negative, just gonna wait and see what happens.

It will be interesting to see how he copes at Championship level - but he's been able to whizz up the tables far quicker than the likes of Karl Robinson and on a pretty low budget too, which indicates talent. He builds teams on defence and with what he's got here he'll have to sacrifice some attacking intention in order to achieve that, which is what Warnock did. If he can beg steal or borrow a couple of promising full backs in the next few weeks then he might surprise a few.

I disagree, don't think he will need to change that much defensively - both the much maligned Chris Ramsey and the now God like Neil Warnock both stopped us conceding - its getting people to score who are not called Charlie that's going to be the challenge!
Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 10:48 - Dec 9 with 1482 viewsElHoop

Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 10:43 - Dec 9 by PinnerPaul

I disagree, don't think he will need to change that much defensively - both the much maligned Chris Ramsey and the now God like Neil Warnock both stopped us conceding - its getting people to score who are not called Charlie that's going to be the challenge!

It's scoring enough to win and not conceding many that we'll find difficult with what we've got. Warnock was protecting the back 4 and I think that JFH will do the same. Without changing the back 4 it's difficult to see how we can improve that much, but we could be better than we were under Ramsey.

Take Man Utd - they've been very tight and you could say that their defence had improved, but at a cost. When they HAD to attack last night they were all at sea at the back again.
Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 11:20 - Dec 9 with 1457 viewsadhoc_qpr

Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 10:48 - Dec 9 by ElHoop

It's scoring enough to win and not conceding many that we'll find difficult with what we've got. Warnock was protecting the back 4 and I think that JFH will do the same. Without changing the back 4 it's difficult to see how we can improve that much, but we could be better than we were under Ramsey.

Take Man Utd - they've been very tight and you could say that their defence had improved, but at a cost. When they HAD to attack last night they were all at sea at the back again.

Hall and Onouha are becoming a pretty reliable centre back pairing, Yun/Konch are decent options at left back, if we can beg, borrow or steal a decent right back in January (or give Furlong/Harriman a shot) - i'm sure JFH can keep the defence fairly solid.

Given how frail Sandro and Faurlin are as a pair, i'd make a dynamic, box to box type midfielder who can pick a pass (like Drinkwater at Leicester) a priority. That would help us to link the defence and attack better.
Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 12:11 - Dec 9 with 1417 viewsMick_S

Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 10:43 - Dec 9 by PinnerPaul

Genius PP. Let's hope Charlie Hoilett is selected on Saturday.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 12:15 - Dec 9 with 1405 viewsElHoop

I think that he'll see how Sandro goes for a few weeks. Having got him back on the road and looking as fit as he's likely to get, maybe he owes us a few months like this. You never know. Helguson came good in the end.
Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 12:30 - Dec 9 with 1386 viewsPinnerPaul

Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 11:20 - Dec 9 by adhoc_qpr

Hall and Onouha are becoming a pretty reliable centre back pairing, Yun/Konch are decent options at left back, if we can beg, borrow or steal a decent right back in January (or give Furlong/Harriman a shot) - i'm sure JFH can keep the defence fairly solid.

Given how frail Sandro and Faurlin are as a pair, i'd make a dynamic, box to box type midfielder who can pick a pass (like Drinkwater at Leicester) a priority. That would help us to link the defence and attack better.

Think you've hit the nail on the head there.

We do need that type of midfielder, think you will see Burnely have someone like that playing on Saturday
Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 14:44 - Dec 9 with 1291 viewswhittocksRs

On the face of it, there can only be positives from JFH's appointment, and think most other clubs in the division think we've got a good one, judging by a few message boards out there. But the fact of the matter is he comes in after Fernandes and co. changed tack a quarter of the way into one season. Jimy has some big questions regarding the squad — who he wants, how he wants them to act and play, whether he is near the signings of players, etc. — and he will do that to the backdrop of Fernandes' quickly changing moods (and financial situation).

I'd say with everything considered the response has been massively positive from the Rs fanbase. Hopefully we can keep that going in coming weeks and months.
Can someone please explain why everyone is so negative? on 15:30 - Dec 9 with 1272 viewsthemodfather

les can sod off back to his spurs....a lot changed imo when he arrived....
jfh was not on my list but needs a chance at least...warnock was not many's choice was he?

personally we stuck with harry til we were screwed, a few more days and maybe gary monk is free.....
there is an apathy around the club, many i knew no longer go games and have no interest and mine is waning fast, the prem dream was a nightmare.....newbys everywhere. olly united the club and fans i can't see jfh doing that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024