Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cancelling Sky/BT options? 20:48 - Feb 17 with 10925 viewsmcardinho

Getting too expensive to justify these days so, looking at alternatives.

Been recommended a 'Tonbux ® Quad Core MXQ Smart TV BOX ' which streams onto your tv. Anyone used it or alternatives? Don't expect it to be perfect.

Anyone use box or dish to get sport through foreign tv?

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 21:11 - Feb 17 with 9501 viewsHollowayRanger

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 21:26 - Feb 17 with 9465 viewssix_foot_two

Buy an Amazon fire stick down load the Kodi application onto it and hey presto, films, BT sport and Sky its all free.
Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 21:34 - Feb 17 with 9435 viewsShotKneesHoop

Tell Sky you want to cancel - and they will half the price of the annual subscription and also send you a new Sky Box free. I did, it worked. I now pay £13 a month for a non sport Sky package.

Don't bother with subscribing to Sports Channels - you can watch football on First Row and cricket on WatchCric for free - once you clear the ads out of the way.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 21:34 - Feb 17 with 9440 views1MoreBrightonR

We cancelled our sky, waited a few months. First they offered us 50% off the basic package...waited a month more and then they offered us 50% off everything for a year.

Just cancelled it again after a year to see if they offer it again.
Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 21:52 - Feb 17 with 9384 viewsBoston

Hmm, I spend $200 per month on cable and I doubt if I watch an hour a day.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 21:55 - Feb 17 with 9373 viewsTrellick

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 21:26 - Feb 17 by six_foot_two

Buy an Amazon fire stick down load the Kodi application onto it and hey presto, films, BT sport and Sky its all free.

Do you know if that works on chrome cast?
Thx
Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 22:30 - Feb 17 with 9288 viewssix_foot_two

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 21:55 - Feb 17 by Trellick

Do you know if that works on chrome cast?
Thx

I am not sure the Fire stick I got was already loaded with the kodi application I just plugged into my TV. Have a look on you tube .
Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 22:57 - Feb 17 with 9230 viewsted_hendrix

I cancelled Sky just before we got relegated last season and I told the Sky bloke on the phone that I pretty much blamed Sky TV for our impending relegation, he didn't understand my reasoning and he had no answer to my opinion that they should share their disgusting wealth out more evenly over football clubs in general.
I'd say on average I get one e-mail and a letter fortnightly almost begging me to come back at a ridiculously low rate guaranteed until 2020.
They can shove their Sky box up their bottoms along with their alternating fixture lists .

I did try one of them BT vision boxes but it self destructed two minutes after Michael Owen started talking about nothing.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 00:02 - Feb 18 with 9162 viewsjohncharles

I've been trying to cancel BT sport for months. They just keep sending me bills for some other version that they reckoned I agreed to. Total rip off. Don't go near it.

Strong and stable my arse.

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 02:55 - Feb 18 with 9111 viewsdermyqpr

Have a look at munstergadgets. It will give you a whole new perspective. Can't see sky surviving for too many more years with the likes of this service around. Top notch.
Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 10:46 - Feb 18 with 8843 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 22:57 - Feb 17 by ted_hendrix

I cancelled Sky just before we got relegated last season and I told the Sky bloke on the phone that I pretty much blamed Sky TV for our impending relegation, he didn't understand my reasoning and he had no answer to my opinion that they should share their disgusting wealth out more evenly over football clubs in general.
I'd say on average I get one e-mail and a letter fortnightly almost begging me to come back at a ridiculously low rate guaranteed until 2020.
They can shove their Sky box up their bottoms along with their alternating fixture lists .

I did try one of them BT vision boxes but it self destructed two minutes after Michael Owen started talking about nothing.

Yes I cancelled foxtel (Aussie equivalent) when we got relegated
don't miss it for a minute
I try and watch less television, keep more active (have a son who is nearly 3 which helps)
Instead subscribed to netflix for a few dollars each month and watch the games (when we are on) through free streaming - which has worked well
All up I have been spending 150 AUD less per month which is around 75 quid
Only thing that hasn't been good has been our results on live games (only one win from 10 live games this season - although that is no surprise based on the past 30+ seasons)
[Post edited 18 Feb 2016 10:48]
Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 11:16 - Feb 18 with 8791 viewsTrance_Trousers

DONT get a firestick. Get one of the boxes you mentioned. They are a small Android based computer in one. You can do so much more with them, like adding hard drives for recording and having a wired internet connection. And there cheaper.

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 12:58 - Feb 18 with 8653 viewstraininvain

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 11:16 - Feb 18 by Trance_Trousers

DONT get a firestick. Get one of the boxes you mentioned. They are a small Android based computer in one. You can do so much more with them, like adding hard drives for recording and having a wired internet connection. And there cheaper.

I've got the Now TV app on my Xbox & have all the sky sports channels for £30 a month.

Should be able to get the app on any new tv.

Only downside is that you can't sort BT Sport this way.
Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 15:24 - Feb 18 with 8553 viewsTrance_Trousers

And another downside is paying 30 quid a month, when the MXQ box route is a one off payment.

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 15:38 - Feb 18 with 8520 viewsmcardinho

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 15:24 - Feb 18 by Trance_Trousers

And another downside is paying 30 quid a month, when the MXQ box route is a one off payment.

Cheers for the replies. After I cancelled they did offer me a slightly cheaper deal but didn't appeal. Think I'll go for one of the boxes.

£100 a month when I'm not that fussed about half the games isn't worth it.
Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 17:10 - Feb 18 with 8416 views1MoreBrightonR

so just to understand the box option, you buy a fully loaded box on ebay basically, wire it up and then you can access sky sports for free? and sites like netflix for free too or you still need an account?
Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 17:15 - Feb 18 with 8410 viewsTripper

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 17:10 - Feb 18 by 1MoreBrightonR

so just to understand the box option, you buy a fully loaded box on ebay basically, wire it up and then you can access sky sports for free? and sites like netflix for free too or you still need an account?

You don't get access to Netflix but you get access to all Netflix content plus every film imaginable via other apps.
Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 18:25 - Feb 18 with 8327 viewsgordanoR

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 17:15 - Feb 18 by Tripper

You don't get access to Netflix but you get access to all Netflix content plus every film imaginable via other apps.

Does the box require a lot of fannying about to get Sky or is it just plug and play?
Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 20:10 - Feb 18 with 8210 viewsactonman

Just to put it out there also,

I got a chrome cast device for Christmas (about £20) the in laws have bt sport with their phone package so like sky go, I can log into their account (password needed) then stream it onto my tv from the iPad for free

You just need to know someone with bt sport who doesn't mind you watching it free of charge
Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 01:38 - Feb 19 with 8058 viewsTrance_Trousers

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 18:25 - Feb 18 by gordanoR

Does the box require a lot of fannying about to get Sky or is it just plug and play?

Yep just plug and play. If you`re computer savvy you can do it all yourself, but for ease you might as well get it loaded. If you get one you will come across things called repositories which basically contain the addons you will need for watching what ever your in to. The main player on there is "Phoenix" . And trust me you could spend a life time just watching the box sets of all the old time tv classics from way back when and modern stuff.

And forget all about Sky. You`re getting 3pm ko`s from the states with English commentry in 720p.

All we need is the R`s in the premiership......Or not
[Post edited 19 Feb 2016 1:43]

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 07:56 - Feb 19 with 7979 viewsPunteR

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 01:38 - Feb 19 by Trance_Trousers

Yep just plug and play. If you`re computer savvy you can do it all yourself, but for ease you might as well get it loaded. If you get one you will come across things called repositories which basically contain the addons you will need for watching what ever your in to. The main player on there is "Phoenix" . And trust me you could spend a life time just watching the box sets of all the old time tv classics from way back when and modern stuff.

And forget all about Sky. You`re getting 3pm ko`s from the states with English commentry in 720p.

One of the biggest rip offs is Sky HD. I pay an extra £10 p/m for HD quality tv as I bought myself a 1080i tv a few years ago. The HD picture Sky put out is only 720p. I only really get high def when watching Blue ray.

My internet is rubbish as well. Seriously thinking of cancelling .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 08:08 - Feb 19 with 7965 viewsgordanoR

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 01:38 - Feb 19 by Trance_Trousers

cheers
Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 11:38 - Feb 19 with 7870 viewsslranger40

I use Kodi all the time -

Just to be clear you don't need to buy a box - in fact I would recommend against it initially whilst you see if you like it or not.

if you are the only one in the House who cares just put on a laptop or tablet to begin with and take it from there.

It can be fairly "hobbiest" by it's nature. Lots of advise here and if you are on Twitter plenty of helpful developers who will point you in the right direction.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/

Try a build via ares wizard to begin with and it will do it all for you. Be patient with it and remember it is free!!! Found it to be about 95% reliable. Servers will go up and down.

Recommend a VPN too, as some of the sources are geo-restricted.

As an example, I run mine off a Tablet (Samsung) and stream via Miracast via my sound bar. No reason why you cant just plug into the telly via your lap top and share the screen via a USB or HDMI cable.

No need to buy a fully loaded box as long as you can spend a bit of time working out how to set it up - dead easy really.

Overall it isn't as convenient as Sky etc - but the cost savings are significant. Reduced my costs on telephone internet etc by £700 a year and could have been more but I kept BT sport.

On top of the Football/ Sport it is particularly good for Film and TV.

Bone Tomahawk is a very good film btw. High Recommend.

Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 11:53 - Feb 19 with 7853 viewsJamie

For what it's worth, Sky are offering 50% off TV + £50 cash back if you cancel and hold out....
Cancelling Sky/BT options? on 16:34 - Feb 19 with 7764 viewsHAYESBOY

Any good links to get Kodi TV working through fire TV.

Got as far as installing fusion but get stuck from there when trying to get a link to install 14.2 kodi.

Thanks.

Smells like a trout farm in here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024